Jump to content

Newcastle United


The Old Tolbooth
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Malinga the Swinga

    26

  • Mikey1874

    29

  • Smithee

    25

  • Maroon Sailor

    76

19 minutes ago, Smithee said:

 

They'll be wearing the headgear and that.

 

Here's a question though - if Ashley took that money and went "at last, now **** the rangers" and came in offering to pump the 300 million into us if he can take over, how would you vote?

Let the poll start!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs have been lobbying against this from day one. They are interested in the integrity of English football apparently. How did the Super league go? :rofl: 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ColinSmith1255
4 hours ago, cheetah said:

 

Too? I thought Geordies hate jocks wasn't sure about jews :lol: 

I lived in Newcastle for 9 years and had no problem being Scottish. They reserved their dislike for Cockneys “fxxxing shandy drinkers “

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs have been lobbying against this from day one. They are interested in the integrity of English football apparently. How did the Super league go? :rofl: 

 

 

 

 

20211009_143744.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maroon Sailor

Taken from a tweet on Twitter

 

PIF invests $5.5 billion in:
Starbucks, IBM, Disney, Cisco, Shell, Live Nation, Total, Pfizer, Qualcomm (for mobiles), BP, Boeing, Facebook, Mariott Hotels, McLaren, BT
Response: Don't care

PIF invest £300 million in nufc
Response: Outrage

 

 

 

 

Looking at that, pretty safe to assume PIF were going to buy a football club at some stage.

 

Edited by Maroon Sailor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Malinga the Swinga

I see Shearer is going to accept job with new owners. No wonder he was keen on them taking over, more cash for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I see Shearer is going to accept job with new owners. No wonder he was keen on them taking over, more cash for him.

 

$hearer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Taken from a tweet on Twitter

 

PIF invests $5.5 billion in:
Starbucks, IBM, Disney, Cisco, Shell, Live Nation, Total, Pfizer, Qualcomm (for mobiles), BP, Boeing, Facebook, Mariott Hotels, McLaren, BT
Response: Don't care

PIF invest £300 million in nufc
Response: Outrage

 

 

 

 

Looking at that, pretty safe to assume PIF were going to buy a football club at some stage.

 


Excellent post. 
 

Virtue signalling lemmings everywhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Taken from a tweet on Twitter

 

PIF invests $5.5 billion in:
Starbucks, IBM, Disney, Cisco, Shell, Live Nation, Total, Pfizer, Qualcomm (for mobiles), BP, Boeing, Facebook, Mariott Hotels, McLaren, BT
Response: Don't care

PIF invest £300 million in nufc
Response: Outrage

 

 

 

 

Looking at that, pretty safe to assume PIF were going to buy a football club at some stage.

 

 

Very fair point. How many folk happily sip away on their £5 coffees from Starbucks whilst feigning outrage about Newcastle being funded by blood money :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Taken from a tweet on Twitter

 

PIF invests $5.5 billion in:
Starbucks, IBM, Disney, Cisco, Shell, Live Nation, Total, Pfizer, Qualcomm (for mobiles), BP, Boeing, Facebook, Mariott Hotels, McLaren, BT
Response: Don't care

PIF invest £300 million in nufc
Response: Outrage

 

 

 

 

Looking at that, pretty safe to assume PIF were going to buy a football club at some stage.

 

 

Why would people care that the Saudi investment fund have invested in these companies? I mean, it's the first I've heard about it, but then why would I hear about it?

 

Who keeps up to date with what tyrannical regimes are investing in?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

 

Why would people care that the Saudi investment fund have invested in these companies? I mean, it's the first I've heard about it, but then why would I hear about it?

 

Who keeps up to date with what tyrannical regimes are investing in?

Reeks of Hibs this!!! that’s the sort of crap they would pull up 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

 

Why would people care that the Saudi investment fund have invested in these companies? I mean, it's the first I've heard about it, but then why would I hear about it?

 

Who keeps up to date with what tyrannical regimes are investing in?

 

Me. Thats not a joke either, its not a bad investment strategy to be aware of where certain investors are going. Follow the money and all that🤷🏻‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

 

Me. Thats not a joke either, its not a bad investment strategy to be aware of where certain investors are going. Follow the money and all that🤷🏻‍♂️

 

Investors, fair enough. Your Joe in the street?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Image

 

I don't understand all the “links”, they need a manager first!

 

There's only one man for the job - Brendan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

 

I don't understand all the “links”, they need a manager first!

 

There's only one man for the job - Brendan

😂 

 

978943D0-6AFE-4317-BD96-8BB459E6D589.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

 

I don't understand all the “links”, they need a manager first!

 

There's only one man for the job - Brendan

😉 😉 

5C49BC4E-3C8C-460C-9976-00585036B8E2.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maroon Sailor
13 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Brendan Rodgers is a shoe in.

 

Not a bad shout - I think he's probably done all he can with Leicester now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seymour M Hersh

Bet Spuds are over the moon it's them who face the barcodes first after the takeover. Won't be much of an atmosphere there this weekend. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jamboinglasgow
On 11/10/2021 at 21:46, Smithee said:

 

Why would people care that the Saudi investment fund have invested in these companies? I mean, it's the first I've heard about it, but then why would I hear about it?

 

Who keeps up to date with what tyrannical regimes are investing in?

 

It also misses the point. Football clubs are not the same as those companies. Football clubs are very much community based companies, they have a more social nature to them, the other companies are just massive multinationals (vast majority of those listed are often criticised for their stances and activities before throwing in PIF invest in them.) Also any investment by PIF in these companies will be relatively slow, the companies are not owned only by PIF.

 

The post listing these companies is pure whataboutism, where unless you criticise everything you are a hypocrite so must remain silent. Its an old Soviet tactic, one designed to stop criticism as it equates all wrong doing to be the same by the fact that something was wrong. So you cant criticise PIF (therefore Saudi Arabia) taking over Newcastle, because you didn't criticise another company which PIF owned 0.05% of. They are not the same.

 

Thought David Squires hit the nail on the head with his cartoon in the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2021/oct/12/david-squires-on-newcastle-united-saudi-takeover

Edited by jamboinglasgow
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

 

It also misses the point. Football clubs are not the same as those companies. Football clubs are very much community based companies, they have a more social nature to them, the other companies are just massive multinationals (vast majority of those listed are often criticised for their stances and activities before throwing in PIF invest in them.) Also any investment by PIF in these companies will be relatively slow, the companies are not owned only by PIF.

 

The post listing these companies is pure whataboutism, where unless you criticise everything you are a hypocrite so must remain silent. Its an old Soviet tactic, one designed to stop criticism as it equates all wrong doing to be the same by the fact that something was wrong. So you cant criticise PIF (therefore Saudi Arabia) taking over Newcastle, because you didn't criticise another company which PIF owned 0.05% of. They are not the same.

 

It's exactly the same principle though

 

People can moan about PIF taking a 80 per cent stake of a football club over a Starbucks coffee in a Disney resort whilst chewing the fat over their next trip to a F1 race.

 

Like I said it was only a matter of time before they invested in a football club. If it wasn't Newcastle United then maybe the likes of Inter Milan but with no outrage from these shores. That would be perfectly acceptable for them to take over a non PL club. Nobody would get bent out of shape with that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08/10/2021 at 21:53, leginten said:


They’ll be renaming the local pubs too.

 

The Journalist’s Arms?

 

or The Managers Heid?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

 

It also misses the point. Football clubs are not the same as those companies. Football clubs are very much community based companies, they have a more social nature to them, the other companies are just massive multinationals (vast majority of those listed are often criticised for their stances and activities before throwing in PIF invest in them.) Also any investment by PIF in these companies will be relatively slow, the companies are not owned only by PIF.

 

The post listing these companies is pure whataboutism, where unless you criticise everything you are a hypocrite so must remain silent. Its an old Soviet tactic, one designed to stop criticism as it equates all wrong doing to be the same by the fact that something was wrong. So you cant criticise PIF (therefore Saudi Arabia) taking over Newcastle, because you didn't criticise another company which PIF owned 0.05% of. They are not the same.

 

Thought David Squires hit the nail on the head with his cartoon in the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2021/oct/12/david-squires-on-newcastle-united-saudi-takeover

 

Yep

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Football is a bizarre world where fans will turn a blind eye to almost anything if it means more money to spend on better players in a way we would never accept in the 'real' world.

 

When it comes to football, we are Tories. Money grabbing chancers looking to screw someone else over for an advantage and also massively disaparaging about towns and cities ravaged by Thatcher et al . We even throw £133k per month at a usiness that routinely pays staff six figure salaries.

 

Albeit on a small scale, the actions of Romanov did affect other people negatively (those Bosnian pensioners for a start and who knows how many in the Lithuanian banking industry) and we had a good laugh about it. We even accepted Rix and only really turned against him when results suffered.

 

Of course it is disgusting seeing a fine old football club like Newcastle sold out to a regime such as Saudi Arabia but we would have taken the investment at Hearts, without a doubt. What is truly disgusting is seeing $320bn in the hands of private individuals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maroon Sailor
29 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Football is a bizarre world where fans will turn a blind eye to almost anything if it means more money to spend on better players in a way we would never accept in the 'real' world.

 

When it comes to football, we are Tories. Money grabbing chancers looking to screw someone else over for an advantage and also massively disaparaging about towns and cities ravaged by Thatcher et al . We even throw £133k per month at a usiness that routinely pays staff six figure salaries.

 

Albeit on a small scale, the actions of Romanov did affect other people negatively (those Bosnian pensioners for a start and who knows how many in the Lithuanian banking industry) and we had a good laugh about it. We even accepted Rix and only really turned against him when results suffered.

 

Of course it is disgusting seeing a fine old football club like Newcastle sold out to a regime such as Saudi Arabia but we would have taken the investment at Hearts, without a doubt. What is truly disgusting is seeing $320bn in the hands of private individuals.

 

This

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A_A wehatethehibs
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Football is a bizarre world where fans will turn a blind eye to almost anything if it means more money to spend on better players in a way we would never accept in the 'real' world.

 

When it comes to football, we are Tories. Money grabbing chancers looking to screw someone else over for an advantage and also massively disaparaging about towns and cities ravaged by Thatcher et al . We even throw £133k per month at a usiness that routinely pays staff six figure salaries.

 

Albeit on a small scale, the actions of Romanov did affect other people negatively (those Bosnian pensioners for a start and who knows how many in the Lithuanian banking industry) and we had a good laugh about it. We even accepted Rix and only really turned against him when results suffered.

 

Of course it is disgusting seeing a fine old football club like Newcastle sold out to a regime such as Saudi Arabia but we would have taken the investment at Hearts, without a doubt. What is truly disgusting is seeing $320bn in the hands of private individuals.


These were men wae a trade ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

People saying its something like £9 million Steve Bruce is getting.

 

Must still be negotiating the final details. 

 

Absolute joke

 

Talk about a Brucey Bonus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot

Mike Ashley - dick, zero hour contracts, selfish . 

Get him tae ****. 

 

Saudi state- sexist, beheadings, kidnappings.. It's ok, it happens far away. 

Let's celebrate. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

People saying its something like £9 million Steve Bruce is getting.

 

Must still be negotiating the final details. 

 

Bet he's gutted he's getting sacked. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
21 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

Not a bad shout - I think he's probably done all he can with Leicester now

 

Gerrard to Leicester....? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Football is a bizarre world where fans will turn a blind eye to almost anything if it means more money to spend on better players in a way we would never accept in the 'real' world.

 

When it comes to football, we are Tories. Money grabbing chancers looking to screw someone else over for an advantage and also massively disaparaging about towns and cities ravaged by Thatcher et al . We even throw £133k per month at a usiness that routinely pays staff six figure salaries.

 

Albeit on a small scale, the actions of Romanov did affect other people negatively (those Bosnian pensioners for a start and who knows how many in the Lithuanian banking industry) and we had a good laugh about it. We even accepted Rix and only really turned against him when results suffered.

 

Of course it is disgusting seeing a fine old football club like Newcastle sold out to a regime such as Saudi Arabia but we would have taken the investment at Hearts, without a doubt. What is truly disgusting is seeing $320bn in the hands of private individuals.

 

This

 

£1b is a thousand million 

£320b...... 

 

The human race needs eridicated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Mike Ashley - dick, zero hour contracts, selfish . 

Get him tae ****. 

 

Saudi state- sexist, beheadings, kidnappings.. It's ok, it happens far away. 

Let's celebrate. 

 

 

You'll have the closet Geordies on to you next. Couple on here desperate to justify Saudi intervention.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

 

This

 

£1b is a thousand million 

£320b...... 

 

The human race needs eridicated. 

 

Bit harsh.

 

Perhaps some of the wealthier types need 'persuaded' to share their cash.

 

For a start, instead of sticking their toungues up the royal farters the Newcastle fans group could have suggested a hefty investment/gift to local industry and charities.

 

I know it's fanciful stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maroon Sailor
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Mike Ashley - dick, zero hour contracts, selfish . 

Get him tae ****. 

 

Saudi state- sexist, beheadings, kidnappings.. It's ok, it happens far away. 

Let's celebrate. 

 

 

 

You can blame one man for selling the club to the Saudis

 

This is what happens when one person has control of a club. His train set and he could do what he wanted with it.

 

 

Edited by Maroon Sailor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

 

Bit harsh.

 

Perhaps some of the wealthier types need 'persuaded' to share their cash.

 

For a start, instead of sticking their toungues up the royal farters the Newcastle fans group could have suggested a hefty investment/gift to local industry and charities.

 

I know it's fanciful stuff.

 

 

Charities are also part of the problem. 

Just pay proper tax ya selfish *******s. 

 

Charities compensate for state short comings and allow the super wealthy to make grand gestures so they feel better. 

IMO. 😋

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jamboinglasgow
24 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

Charities are also part of the problem. 

Just pay proper tax ya selfish *******s. 

 

Charities compensate for state short comings and allow the super wealthy to make grand gestures so they feel better. 

IMO. 😋

 

Charites are important and do provide benefit. But I do agree about not pay tax, billionaires will dodge all tax then pay what may seem a decent amount to charity, but will be way below what they should have paid in tax. Therefore they look like a philanthropist and get all the PR from that, but simply paying their fair share of tax would make a bigger difference. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

 

Charites are important and do provide benefit. But I do agree about not pay tax, billionaires will dodge all tax then pay what may seem a decent amount to charity, but will be way below what they should have paid in tax. Therefore they look like a philanthropist and get all the PR from that, but simply paying their fair share of tax would make a bigger difference. 

 

It is a warped mindset that can look at their wealth of £millions/billions and then think "how can i avoid paying tax on that lot?"

 

*****.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

 

Charites are important and do provide benefit. But I do agree about not pay tax, billionaires will dodge all tax then pay what may seem a decent amount to charity, but will be way below what they should have paid in tax. Therefore they look like a philanthropist and get all the PR from that, but simply paying their fair share of tax would make a bigger difference. 

 

Charities only exist because the state fails imo. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

Charities only exist because the state fails imo. 

 

There are different types of charitable status and not all for fundraising purposes. Many organisations are registered as charities as it gives tax break benefits to the organisation, as well as permission to fundraise for it's own support. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Tazio said:

There are different types of charitable status and not all for fundraising purposes. Many organisations are registered as charities as it gives tax break benefits to the organisation, as well as permission to fundraise for it's own support. 

Like private schools. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Tazio said:

There are different types of charitable status and not all for fundraising purposes. Many organisations are registered as charities as it gives tax break benefits to the organisation, as well as permission to fundraise for it's own support. 

 

40 minutes ago, Tazio said:

There are different types of charitable status and not all for fundraising purposes. Many organisations are registered as charities as it gives tax break benefits to the organisation, as well as permission to fundraise for it's own support. 

 

They still only exist because of state failure imo. 

Charity should not be required. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...