Newcastle United

The Old Tolbooth

Smith's right boot
Just now, Tazio said:

There are different types of charitable status and not all for fundraising purposes. Many organisations are registered as charities as it gives tax break benefits to the organisation, as well as permission to fundraise for it's own support. 

40 minutes ago, Tazio said:

There are different types of charitable status and not all for fundraising purposes. Many organisations are registered as charities as it gives tax break benefits to the organisation, as well as permission to fundraise for it's own support. 

They still only exist because of state failure imo. 

Charity should not be required. 

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Malinga the Swinga

• Mikey1874

• Smithee

42 minutes ago, Costanza said:

The human rights atrocities associated with this takeover are really starting to pile up.

Enough to make you a Sunderland supporter.

On 08/10/2021 at 15:44, Libertarian said:

I must admit that I feel exactly the same. The Saudi Arabian money is dripping with blood. It's disgraceful that the English and European football authorities are allowing this investment. If I were a Geordie I would never be back to St James's Park. Newcastle United have sold their soul to the devil.

I take it you don't live in the UK?

The UK sells billions of pounds worth of arms to SA, I take you won't come back. 👍 

If a rich Arab made Hearts Scottish champions and European champions, I'd be fecking gutted. Out me right off ma kebab.

Section Q
On 11/10/2021 at 16:59, Malinga the Swinga said:

I see Shearer is going to accept job with new owners. No wonder he was keen on them taking over, more cash for him.

He did seem happy when they took over...

Edited by Section Q
4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

He's been on their radar since he kicked the wee Jewish player in the puss. Must be footage somewhere.....!

Wasn’t that Hartson? (That did the kicking, I mean)

12 minutes ago, S Form said:

yep hartson kicked berkovic possibly in the facewhile they were both at west ham. the shearer incident was stamping on neil lennon and blackmailing the FA into not banning him as he said he would then not play at that summers euros or WC 

indianajones
18 minutes ago, Section Q said:

He did seem happy when they took over...

13 minutes ago, S Form said:

Lennons a jew?

John Findlay
1 hour ago, S Form said:

Shearer kicked the Norther Irish victim in the Heid at Filbert Street. The one that went onto play and manage Celtic(twice).

John Hartson kicked Eyal Berkovic in the heid during a training session whilst both were at West Ham.

Maroon Sailor

That incident has followed Hartson around ever since

However it was retaliation

10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That incident has followed Hartson around ever since

However it was retaliation

Yes it was retaliation, unlike the elbow smash on Andy Webster that is never mentioned. Particularly bad because he called Webster out for cheating, Celtic backed him and then we produced the video evidence. Unfortunately because it wasn't an official Old Firm Video he wasn't done for it. Should have got a ten game ban.

46 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Yes it was retaliation, unlike the elbow smash on Andy Webster that is never mentioned. Particularly bad because he called Webster out for cheating, Celtic backed him and then we produced the video evidence. Unfortunately because it wasn't an official Old Firm Video he wasn't done for it. Should have got a ten game ban.

Should have been done for assault 🙄 

48 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

i remember oneill said webster elbowed himself in the throat/face and the media and unwashed hoardes swallowed it all without question

The Old Tolbooth
6 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Aye that was an absolute shocker, didn't they accuse Webster of elbowing himself in his own face? 

Have you ever tried to elbow your own face, you look a bit daft trying to! 

Section Q
On 14/10/2021 at 07:52, S Form said:

Yep Hartson....

Skivingatwork

Bruce will get a nice little pay off and be back managing in the championship before Christmas.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

Bruce will get a nice little pay off and be back managing in the championship before Christmas.

£8m is a big pay off for such a useless ***** of a manager. 

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They'd be as well putting him on gardening leave

A9G9-9qC.jpg.1cc556af0d4a34fdc26c844fa2ba7c6e.jpg

Maroon Sailor
18 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

Or league 1 - He doesn't do himself any favours by managing rival clubs

Sheff Utd and Sheff Wed

Birmingham and Aston Villa

Sunderland and Newcastle

1 hour ago, Skivingatwork said:

Reports are it’s a 8M pay off will finish the season with someone like Middlesbrough or Cardiff . 

Niemi’s gloves

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58921000

interesting piece from the BBC web site on the thoughts of Mike Rigg, technical director of Man City during their transformation, on how Newcastle might or might not be able to  follow suit in becoming a global force. 

One or two bits in it are sort of relevant to what any club in Scotland wanting to build a challenge to the OF would have to do. With rose tinted specs on, you might even think that we have being going along the right path in recent months.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Steve Bruce taking the Tottenham pre match press conference today. 

Have Spuds sacked Nuno Espirito Santo? :lol:

Edited by Seymour M Hersh
Maroon Sailor
25 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Have Spuds sacked Nuno Espirito Santo? :lol:

Sounds like a Gardener's derby on Sunday

Cabbage v Spuds

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Sounds like a Gardener's derby on Sunday

Cabbage v Spuds

Cultural appropriation alert!! :lol:

Maroon Sailor

Honest to feck how does a perennial failure even gets gigs never mind a huge pay off 

Must be great to be a shit football manager from a financial perspective. You can lose every game and still be minted.

Manager

Birmingham City

Hull City

Hagar the Horrible

There are about 13 games before the transfer window opens,  by then they could be cemented to the drop.  How then are they going to attract these superstars in a relegation battle rather that a league challenge.  Even if they avoid relegation its goint to be 2/3 seasons before Champions league football.  But If you are a superstar you are going to go to a club thats guaranteed it.  Piggy back on other mugs efforts.  Man City did it the right way, but they were not a basket case to begin with.  Its a chicken and egg situation.

Shearer, Ant and Dec, Terry and Bob, Sharon and Tracy...your Toon is gang doon

Pans Jambo
On 13/10/2021 at 18:44, davemclaren said:

Like private schools. 

Yip. Teach the "little toffs" how to cheat the system so they become better "toffs" when they grow up!

Maroon Sailor
16 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

There are about 13 games before the transfer window opens,  by then they could be cemented to the drop.  How then are they going to attract these superstars in a relegation battle rather that a league challenge.  Even if they avoid relegation its goint to be 2/3 seasons before Champions league football.  But If you are a superstar you are going to go to a club thats guaranteed it.  Piggy back on other mugs efforts.  Man City did it the right way, but they were not a basket case to begin with.  Its a chicken and egg situation.

What's with the timescale.

It's inevitable that Newcastle United will be a major force.

Even Klopp has said it will mean one less place for CL qualification

It's going to be Chelsea, Man City, Newcastle and a.n other every year by the looks of it.

Maroon Sailor

Steve Bruce still in

Watch Newcastle go on an unbeaten run now 🤣

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

They don't need superstars in january though, all they need are better than they have now and will be able to throw cash at any player not being targeted by the CL clubs. Come January they will no doubt be targeting loans for players not playing elsewhere rather than asking players to join a 3-5 year project

Maroon Sailor

The media in this country are really a bunch of amateurs now.

Bruce was told on Monday to carry on as normal yet everything reported since the takeover was that he wouldn't be there for the Spurs match.

Japan Jambo
On 13/10/2021 at 18:44, davemclaren said:

Like private schools. 

They are and by taking that away and pushing up the fees that will reduce demand.

It'll also increase the burden on the state sector which in turn will push up taxes and put pressure on class sizes. 

As it stands a load of people that can afford to are paying twice, effectively an additional tax on the rich.

16 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The media in this country are really a bunch of amateurs now.

Bruce was told on Monday to carry on as normal yet everything reported since the takeover was that he wouldn't be there for the Spurs match.

This was reported very early after the taheover by Sky sports reporter Keith Downie who is usually "in the know" re NUFC matters.  By co-incidence Downie is a Jambo.

14 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

They are and by taking that away and pushing up the fees that will reduce demand.

v2yl0M.gif

16 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

It'll also increase the burden on the state sector which in turn will push up taxes and put pressure on class sizes. 

Will it? I think the same amount of people will go to these schools. 

17 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

As it stands a load of people that can afford to are paying twice, effectively an additional tax on the rich.

v2yl0M.gif

No one's forcing them to send their kids to posh schools, and private, profit making businesses shouldn't be tax exempt.

Japan Jambo
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

v2yl0M.gif

v2yl0M.gif

No one's forcing them to send their kids to posh schools, and private, profit making businesses shouldn't be tax exempt.

Of course it will, basic economics, we aren't talking about a marginal difference here. Surprised you aren't arguing that for that actually; thought the desire for equality of opportunity was a large part of the point.

Take the point though I am clear headed that in the end it'll cost everybody more except for a number of parents for whom it was a marginal call/stretch in the first place who are now unable to have their kids attend.

Just pointing out that the law of unintended consequences exists in this space.

16 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Of course it will, basic economics, we aren't talking about a marginal difference here. Surprised you aren't arguing that for that actually; thought the desire for equality of opportunity was a large part of the point.

Take the point though I am clear headed that in the end it'll cost everybody more except for a number of parents for whom it was a marginal call/stretch in the first place who are now unable to have their kids attend.

Just pointing out that the law of unintended consequences exists in this space.

There's more demand than supply for places in these schools, the next in line will get accepted.

Why should I be subsidising profit making businesses that I could never afford to use?

ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

£8m 🤣 English football is ****ed up

The first guy to takeover from Bruce will get sacked within 12 months, so he better negotiate a 5 year deal to trouser a few million.

beerbandit
7 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Paying for your child for a private education is not a tax. 

13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Aye but he's one of these managers who seems to fall into jobs no matter.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Aye but he's one of these managers who seems to fall into jobs no matter.

It’s quite scary, surely this is his last job 🤦🏽

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

£8m 🤣 English football is ****ed up

It really is. 

Rogue Daddy
19 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

What's with the timescale.

It's inevitable that Newcastle United will be a major force.

Even Klopp has said it will mean one less place for CL qualification

It's going to be Chelsea, Man City, Newcastle and a.n other every year by the looks of it.

That’s a real shame for those poor EPL clubs… ONLY 4 CL spots available. Boo feckin hoo! … and now, apparently, there is another ‘big boy’ to fight it out. Maybe UEFA could give the EPL another (5th)spot? 
Utterly hate what the ‘Champions’ (why do they still call it that?) League has become. 🤬

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

That’s a real shame for those poor EPL clubs… ONLY 4 CL spots available. Boo feckin hoo! … and now, apparently, there is another ‘big boy’ to fight it out. Maybe UEFA could give the EPL another (5th)spot? 
Utterly hate what the ‘Champions’ (why do they still call it that?) League has become. 🤬

I agree - when you can get all semi finalists from the same country it loses it's appeal. As for that borefest with Liverpool and Spurs the other year - brutal.

You can be champions of Europe even if you are not champions of the country you play in like Chelsea beating English League champions Man City.

Farcical

Rogue Daddy
28 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I agree - when you can get all semi finalists from the same country it loses it's appeal. As for that borefest with Liverpool and Spurs the other year - brutal.

You can be champions of Europe even if you are not champions of the country you play in like Chelsea beating English League champions Man City.

Farcical

👍 100%