Newcastle United

The Old Tolbooth

manaliveits105

Delighted for their long suffering fans 

luckily Scottish clubs have more integrity now than sell out to rich dodgy foreigners …….. oh wait a minute 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Malinga the Swinga

• Unknown user

For Newcastle fans I think it'll be a case of, "if ye cannae beat em, join em". In the short term they may have some hollow success with the financial backing but over time the soul of their club will slowly be eroded. This is their crossroads. 

Maroon Sailor
30 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Newcastle already dominate the North East media in the same way that the Old Firm dominate Scottish media.  This is despite them not winning a trophy this century, or even on colour TV.

Shows you how big a club they are if nothing else.

9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Bin Laden was an Arsenal fan. 

Yeah 

But like China he invested in the poorer areas (building roads for those not up to date). 

Newcastle was definitely his sort of project. 

And the other Saudi boys could have done something more worthwhile than flying planes into buildings. 

Edited by Mikey1874

9 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Ridiculous comment. Personally I’m delighted that we’re not owned by a bunch of murderous scum that deny basic rights left right and center. If that makes me a “bitter” that’s absolutely fine by me.

Did you have this much out rage towards them before they were interested in buying Newcastle? Genuine question as it was never a talking point before. What ever happened to keeping politics out of football. Or is that only a Scottish thing?

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Newcastle will become the first club to ban heading during a match

I presume yo mean beheading.

23 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Ridiculous comment. Personally I’m delighted that we’re not owned by a bunch of murderous scum that deny basic rights left right and center. If that makes me a “bitter” that’s absolutely fine by me.

Football rivalry being what it is, a great many rival fans will piss their pants if they get relegated !

I’ll be honest, it will be hard to stifle a laugh !

As a club they were dying on their knees pre Keegan days.

At least they stuck by their club this time.

It will be an interesting time for them this season.

Get some decent results until Christmas and a couple of signings in January would be a good start for the owners.

Relegation fight still a huge possibility though.

Big Slim Stylee
7 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

Did you have this much out rage towards them before they were interested in buying Newcastle? Genuine question as it was never a talking point before. What ever happened to keeping politics out of football. Or is that only a Scottish thing?

What -  to Saudi Arabia???? It’s not been top of my holiday destination list for most of my life 😀. And if you don’t believe that “soft” politics is a major reason behind the purchase, I really can’t help you. 🙁

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

Politics and football has always go hand in hand, we just tell ourselves that they should be separate as its easier to watch without thinking about the political element. 

Abu Dhabi, Qatar and now Saudi Arabia have bought clubs for political reasons. 

Started already.😄

NEW: Newcastle United’s new owners have close relations with Liverpool star Salah and are set to make sensational move for flagship signing in January. Player representatives have “warmly encouraged offer” for Egyptian player. More to follow. KA.  #NUFC #LFC https://t.co/bUkVyzoT4b

Always had a soft spot for them since the keegan era so happy for their fans.

It's a shame money is such a big part of the game now but it is what it is. It's certainly gonna be an exciting time for their supporters and maybe in a couple of years they will be in a position to compete for the EPL. 

The Future's Maroon
10 minutes ago, benny said:

Started already.😄

NEW: Newcastle United’s new owners have close relations with Liverpool star Salah and are set to make sensational move for flagship signing in January. Player representatives have “warmly encouraged offer” for Egyptian player. More to follow. KA.  #NUFC #LFC https://t.co/bUkVyzoT4b

🤣😂🤣

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, martoon said:

I was thinking more of a Saudi cousin of Vlad.

Take your point, though, AL.

👍

18 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

What -  to Saudi Arabia???? It’s not been top of my holiday destination list for most of my life 😀. And if you don’t believe that “soft” politics is a major reason behind the purchase, I really can’t help you. 🙁

I don't know you from Adam but I'll take a guess. Like most you'll go throughout your day not giving a seconds thought about what happens in Saudi. Until now.

Big Slim Stylee
4 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

I don't know you from Adam but I'll take a guess. Like most you'll go throughout your day not giving a seconds thought about what happens in Saudi. Until now.

Do you know what mate? My wife’s Dad was banged up in a Saudi prison for two years over a “contractual” dispute. So you’re right you don’t know me. And yes, I do give a deal of thought to that country.

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

11 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Do you know what mate? My wife’s Dad was banged up in a Saudi prison for two years over a “contractual” dispute. So you’re right you don’t know me. And yes, I do give a deal of thought to that country.

Sorry to hear that. But as I said most won't.

Press conferences at St James Park should be interesting. Ask the wrong question and you get chopped up. 

39 minutes ago, benny said:

Started already.😄

Do you think they will go after every top notch  Sunni Muslim player!

most of North Africa, turkey kosov, Bosnia etc. Even mbappe’s mums a Sunni 

is this part of softening their image worldwide?

just throwing it our their. Not trying to be antagonistic 

7 hours ago, luckydug said:

Perhaps but if any fans deserve a bit of success they do. 

Same could be said for Sunderland. 

They love their football in that area. 

That’s my opinion. Most of the big EPL teams have dodgy owners pumping billions into their clubs, so why not Newcastle?

Id love to see them win the Premiership in a couple of years.

Psychedelicropcircle
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah 

But like China he invested in the poorer areas (building roads for those not up to date). 

Newcastle was definitely his sort of project. 

And the other Saudi boys could have done something more worthwhile than flying planes into buildings. 

Sounds like your still in mourning😢

Maroon Sailor
13 minutes ago, sassenach said:

They always dominate the North East media, even when they aren't in the Premier League, and even in the days before the Premier League.

It's a fact that Newcastle didn't win one single League game at Ayresome Park during my lifetime, and I was born in 1965.  Despite this, the media was always full of what McDonald/Beardsley/Keegan/Quinn were going to do to Boro.  Meanwhile, Hickton/Currie/Slaven/Baird simply got on quietly with the job of beating them.  Again!

And big clubs win trophies 🤔

Looked at Boro's record v Newcastle

Won 4 matches (1 x League cup match) from the last 31 

https://www.11v11.com/teams/middlesbrough/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Newcastle United/

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, benny said:

Started already.😄

Daily Record type ploy. Do they play Liverpool in the next couple of weeks ?

Maroon Sailor
Just now, sassenach said:

I'm not denying any of that, but that's recently.

My point was that Newcastle have ALWAYS dominated the North East media, even years ago when they weren't very good.  The regional media was always telling us what Newcastle were going to do at Ayresome Park, but they could never do it, despite having apparently higher profile players.

Is that not because the media are based in Newcastle and Newcastle are the biggest club (fans wise) ?

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Indeed it is.  And I know how much the very similar situation with the Glasgow-based Scottish media irritates Hearts fans.

Not wanting to derail the thread, but following Newcastle's win during Christmas 1964, they didn't win another League game at Boro for over 30 years. Both teams were up and down the divisions during that time, but the stat remains true.  If Hearts had a run like that against Hibs our fans would rightly be shouting it from the rooftops

I used to watch Boro a few times late 80s / early 90s. My shipmate was Boro daft and I used to travel to some games with him when we were in Pompey. Remember going to midweek matches at Villa, Port Vale, Everton (when the ship was in Rosyth), Wimbledon and Wolves in the Ripley, Slaven, Mogga and Pally days

Oh and at Ayresome v Newcastle in the Zenith Data Systems !

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Kalamazoo Jambo
8 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Suppose they can kiss goodbye to fan ownership ☹️

Their supporters trust seems happy enough :(

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Great days - I was probably at the same games as you.

I especially remember a Gary Parkinson 30-yarder past Neville Southall.  In true Alim Ozturk fashion he repeated the trick the following weekend against Sunderland.

Poor old Parky has locked-in syndrome now 😟

That Everton match was a cup replay that ended 1-1 and had to go to another match that was also played at Goodison

Think the Villa and Wimbledon matches were in the League Cup

Other 2 were League matches - Port Vale on a Monday night

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Forever Hearts
52 minutes ago, sassenach said:

They always dominate the North East media, even when they aren't in the Premier League, and even in the days before the Premier League.

It's a fact that Newcastle didn't win one single League game at Ayresome Park during my lifetime, and I was born in 1965.  Despite this, the media was always full of what McDonald/Beardsley/Keegan/Quinn were going to do to Boro.  Meanwhile, Hickton/Currie/Slaven/Baird simply got on quietly with the job of beating them.  Again!

They've won more trophies than Boro, and are about twice the size. 

Malinga the Swinga
41 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Their supporters trust seems happy enough :(

Let's hope it all goes sour and they live to regret selling their club to a country whose sponsored 9/11, assassinate journalists and imprison anyone who campaigns for human rights. A country who despise the West and all it stands for.

I'm sure they really respect Newcastle though.

Nelly Terraces
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Let's hope it all goes sour and they live to regret selling their club to a country whose sponsored 9/11, assassinate journalists and imprison anyone who campaigns for human rights. A country who despise the West and all it stands for.

This all the way.

This entire thing is a moral obscenity. Hope it ends in utter disaster for all concerned. 

weegie jambo
28 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

This all the way.

This entire thing is a moral obscenity. Hope it ends in utter disaster for all concerned. 

This is where I am. Appreciate Newcastle fans are passionate supporters and Ashley was a toxic owner but they've just signed up for something far more sinister and evil.

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

For Newcastle fans I think it'll be a case of, "if ye cannae beat em, join em". In the short term they may have some hollow success with the financial backing but over time the soul of their club will slowly be eroded. This is their crossroads. 

I don’t believe Man City fans see it that way, possibly quite reverse.

Owners put a lot of community projects in place. Set up state of the art training facility, womens football, youth football.

I seen this from the documentary series, but I am prepared to be corrected.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Agree.

Were this to ever happen to HMFC I'd be finished with us

kingantti1874

Given the human rights abuses and crimes committed by states associated with other major football teams, Man City, PSG, Inter Milan to name but a few I’m not clear why this one is different.

are we just picking a choosing what violations and crimes are acceptable and which are not. Where is that line?

im not defending this, I don’t like it / it shouldn’t be allow but some staggering hypocrisy and double standards being applied. 

Remnants of Standards
3 hours ago, sassenach said:

Trophy Virgins my Boro mate calls them

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Given the human rights abuses and crimes committed by states associated with other major football teams, Man City, PSG, Inter Milan to name but a few I’m not clear why this one is different.

are we just picking a choosing what violations and crimes are acceptable and which are not. Where is that line?

im not defending this, I don’t like it / it shouldn’t be allow but some staggering hypocrisy and double standards being applied. 

There is no line. I bet Kim Jong-Un could buy an epl franchise, probably in the pipe. 

Forever Hearts
7 hours ago, sassenach said:

They've won nowt in the modern era.  Even Boro have won a cheeky League Cup in the 21st Century.

And please don't pretend that the invitation tournament called the Fairs Cup was a proper trophy.

Oh right, I didn't realise you got to decide when the cut off date was for relevant trophies. 

Forever Hearts
6 hours ago, Remnants of Standards said:

Trophy Virgins my Boro mate calls them

Bit of a daft name to call them when they've won about ten trophies compared to Boro's one trophy.😂