• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• manaliveits105

• Japan Jambo

• JudyJudyJudy

• Seymour M Hersh

43 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

God love her.  She grifted the last few days to get a selfie and finally got one of her and the big cheese.  Reminds me of how Forest Gump always ended up everywhere. 👍

251904839_6408642519177610_1374078109009040921_n.jpg

Fair play to the Yanks, had this knocked up double quick to reward all that grifting.

That or were planning to meet all along. Tough one to call.

13 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Fair play to the Yanks, had this knocked up double quick to reward all that grifting.

I hope that lovely wee bowl  doesn't go walkies from Bute House.  

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I hope that lovely wee bowl  doesn't go walkies from Bute House.  

Shame his luggage allowance didn't give him the chance to bring something more substantial. 

Johnson's squirming when questioned about not wearing a face mask whilst sitting next to a 95 year old national treasure is quite something. Utter vermin behaviour. 

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

That’ll look cool In Bute House coffee table filled with Foxes glacier mints. 

What else do you do with it?

Blatantly an unwanted Birthday present from his in-laws 😂

Edited by Pans Jambo

A Boy Named Crow
20 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

its call sign is VC-25,  Airforce 1 and Marine 1 are just nicknames, and indeed if he flies in a cessna it gets nicknamed Airforce one.  Pretty spectacular watching it.  There was also some Fedex ones carrying their SUV's

Might never see it again, its pretty old now,  I never get bored of watching planes take off/land

I'm the same. Trying to persuade the wife we could save a fortune if we move next door to the airport. To say she's not convinced is an understatement 🙄 

13 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

Johnson's squirming when questioned about not wearing a face mask whilst sitting next to a 95 year old national treasure is quite something. Utter vermin behaviour. 

Johnson is a self serving scumbag

12 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Nicky no got mask on when shaking that auld Joes hand right enough 

Nicky is a self serving scumbag.

Kwarteng defending Johnson's private flight out of Glasgow to London.  Apparently many of the 120 world leaders "flew back".

Yeah that's the same thing right enough.  World leaders flying out to mainland Europe,  North America,  Asia and Africa is the same as a 400 mile private flight.

Edited by Victorian

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Kwarteng defending Johnson's private flight out of Glasgow to London.  Apparently many of the 120 world leaders "flew back".

Yeah that's the same thing right enough.  World leaders flying out to mainland Europe,  North America,  Asia and Africa is the same as a 400 mile private flight.

The Irish President would have flown less miles. Personally doesn't bother me he flew. Hundreds will have done the same from Glasgow and Edinburgh.

14 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/cop26-billionaires-insulate-britain-b964373.html

Absolutely spot on. Andy Burnham totally on the money...

"Let’s explain clearly how, if people are helped to switch to an electric vehicle or retrofit their homes, they will benefit from much lower running costs and be

protected from the volatility of oil and gas prices".

We won't be protected from anything as it currently stands - has he seen the rise in domestic energy costs and the predicted further increases? Even with insulated homes the costs are still eye-watering. It's also interesting to see him push the Insulate Britain message - earlier in the article he attacks them directly for their messaging. 

I'd love to see initiatives like below:

"I heard from the mayor of Oslo how, in his city, over half of cars sold are electric. This is because of the help people have been given to buy one. The mayor of Montpellier told me how all public transport will be free in his city by 2024".

but in this rip-off country, I don't see it happening. Electric cars will just become another drain on our energy bills and no doubt taxed highly as soon as the treasury loses the hefty charges they currently bring-in from the petrol pumps. I'll welcome the reduction in airborne and noise pollution in our streets but will we have made enough progress to ensure that the electricity used to charge these cars is generated from net-carbon, green sources only?

I feel very cynical about our chances at present. 

The Mighty Thor
4 hours ago, Victorian said:

the best part is that he was breaking his fat arse to get back to a dinner with renowned climate change denier Lord Moore.

It's the thick of it writ large

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

"Let’s explain clearly how, if people are helped to switch to an electric vehicle or retrofit their homes, they will benefit from much lower running costs and be

protected from the volatility of oil and gas prices".

We won't be protected from anything as it currently stands - has he seen the rise in domestic energy costs and the predicted further increases? Even with insulated homes the costs are still eye-watering. It's also interesting to see him push the Insulate Britain message - earlier in the article he attacks them directly for their messaging. 

I'd love to see initiatives like below:

"I heard from the mayor of Oslo how, in his city, over half of cars sold are electric. This is because of the help people have been given to buy one. The mayor of Montpellier told me how all public transport will be free in his city by 2024".

but in this rip-off country, I don't see it happening. Electric cars will just become another drain on our energy bills and no doubt taxed highly as soon as the treasury loses the hefty charges they currently bring-in from the petrol pumps. I'll welcome the reduction in airborne and noise pollution in our streets but will we have made enough progress to ensure that the electricity used to charge these cars is generated from net-carbon, green sources only?

I feel very cynical about our chances at present. 

actually think fossil-free electric is one of the easier ones - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56530424

Norway has huge hydro potential, suspect cheap electricity will not be a long term issue for them.

tangentially I was speaking to a colleague yesterday and he was pointing out that the Chinese/French financed nuclear power plant at Hinkley (C) has a contract to supply electric at around £100/MWh which is materially under current market prices. Not looking such an expensive project any more...

with regard to insulate Britain, think the point he is making is that if folks use less electric it'll help the environment nd keep their bills down but regardless of the merit of the argument their actions are counter productive.

can't help but feel the reasons behind the scheme being scrapped (poor value/exorbitant costs) reflect badly on both those that commissioned and those that sought to gouge. Too many things now require that folks make a quick buck rather than do an honest days work.

Mr Brightside
8 hours ago, Jeff said:

Plenty of police outside JP Morgan at the Gyle today. Not sure if a protest is planned or they're just playing it safe

Been like that all week was at least 50 police there on Tuesday and about 5 protesters turned up.

Seymour M Hersh
23 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

God love her.  She grifted the last few days to get a selfie and finally got one of her and the big cheese.  Reminds me of how Forest Gump always ended up everywhere. 👍

251904839_6408642519177610_1374078109009040921_n.jpg

Hi Kamala but what are you doing here in Edinboro? 

18 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Hi Kamala but what are you doing here in Edinboro? 

👍

Captain Sausage
4 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

actually think fossil-free electric is one of the easier ones - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56530424

Norway has huge hydro potential, suspect cheap electricity will not be a long term issue for them.

tangentially I was speaking to a colleague yesterday and he was pointing out that the Chinese/French financed nuclear power plant at Hinkley (C) has a contract to supply electric at around £100/MWh which is materially under current market prices. Not looking such an expensive project any more...

with regard to insulate Britain, think the point he is making is that if folks use less electric it'll help the environment nd keep their bills down but regardless of the merit of the argument their actions are counter productive.

can't help but feel the reasons behind the scheme being scrapped (poor value/exorbitant costs) reflect badly on both those that commissioned and those that sought to gouge. Too many things now require that folks make a quick buck rather than do an honest days work.

The nuclear cost you’re referring to is the operational price of a unit of energy. What it doesn’t show is that the capital cost of nuclear is something like £7000/kW. Unabated gas is around £600/kW and offshore wind is around the same. 

As another reference, the operational price per unit energy for offshore wind is around £43/MWh. 

Nuclear financially makes no sense. It’s astronomically expensive. 

Captain Sausage

Queen off on a helicopter to Sandringham from Windsor. Whopping 100mi journey. 

But one must be ready to host ones (pedo) family at ones seventh biggest estate. 

The elites are really flaunting their absolute disregard of us plebs and our opinions. 

Never thought I would see the day I would see a riot van full of Hampshire police in Dalgety Bay😳😳. Not exactly a hotbed of protesters here

manaliveits105

Channel 4 news guys tying the young activists in knots 

Greta (everything’s a failure) is unelected unlike the world leaders - progress does seem to have been made on aspects like stopping  deforestation - more money for poor countries - agreements on stopping coal and the only blah blah blah is coming from the activists - fair point indeed

I enjoy watching Ros Atkins on BBC.

Good one this morning on tree planting.

Ros Atkins On..., Tree Planting and climate Change

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0b2btrb

Edit

Trying to paste it as a link, not working.

Edited by Tommy Brown

Anti Colonial Intersectional Feminist Climate Justice Now!

Or just check out the attractive woman in the middle of the picture :whistling:

20211106_075049.jpg

Edited by pablo

15 minutes ago, pablo said:

Anti Colonial Intersectional Feminist Climate Justice Now!

Or just check out the attractive woman in the middle of the picture :whistling:

20211106_075049.jpg

Feminists say that we just treat women as sexual objects.  No we don't...just the attractive ones.

12 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Greta (everything’s a failure) is unelected unlike the world leaders - progress does seem to have been made on aspects like stopping  deforestation - more money for poor countries - agreements on stopping coal and the only blah blah blah is coming from the activists - fair point indeed

You're unelected but it doesn't stop you mouthing off... 

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

or you and the lap dug 

Didn't think you were that sensitive...

Big tory can't take a joke back.   

I'm sorry I've hurt you feelings  

Edited by Auldbenches

Captain Sausage
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Saw a wee protest in Dundee yesterday.

Apparently eating the rich will get us out of this mess. And holding up traffic.

It’s a good idea. Reduces our dependence of carbon intensive beef while also removing the emissions to space rockets, private jets and 17 bed mansions. 

These kids ken their onions 👍

15 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Careful bud, you're in danger of expressing an honestly held point of view. First this, then actually joining in on the Israel thread.

The realisation of how sad your usual 'trolling the libs' schtick is must have really stung the other day.

Not at the beach today?

3 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Feminists say that we just treat women as sexual objects.  No we don't...just the attractive ones.

image-23-10-21-06-58-14.gif

3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I'm not sure it that's a telling off from you.

Sorry. Yes maybe i need to have explanations for some of them. lol.  That one is my " i shouldn't laugh really but it was funny"  meme.  It felt appropriate for your comment. You haven't been told off.    It also is my mischievous one too. :) 

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Beni said:

Careful bud, you're in danger of expressing an honestly held point of view. First this, then actually joining in on the Israel thread.

The realisation of how sad your usual 'trolling the libs' schtick is must have really stung the other day.

Not at the beach today?

Not yet couple of weeks before a former colony  beckons - its becoming a republic whilst Im there - but they have a competent government and female leader unlike us.

Having different opinions from the cult is not trolling its having a different opinion - I know its hard to comprehend for the slow of thinking but its worth the effort - there is a big world outside for free thinkers you know.

4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Not yet couple of weeks before a former colony  beckons - its becoming a republic whilst Im there - but they have a competent government and female leader unlike us.

Having different opinions from the cult is not trolling its having a different opinion - I know its hard to comprehend for the slow of thinking but its worth the effort - there is a big world outside for free thinkers you know.

See, it's not so hard to have a civilised discussion.

Banter, ribbing and even a bit of light hearted trolling is a good thing imo, but most of your posts come across as trying to get a reaction rather than express your opinion, or have a discussion.

Everyone is free to interact with the forum any way they please, but if everyone thinks you're a sad troll...

Enjoy the beach. 👍

6 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

I enjoy watching Ros Atkins on BBC.

Good one this morning on tree planting.

Ros Atkins On..., Tree Planting and climate Change

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0b2btrb

Edit

Trying to paste it as a link, not working.

I seen part of that this morning, and yes if only it was that easy, as most people think just plant some more trees, but there is a lot of science behind it, that if you don't plant the right trees in the right mix you can end up doing more harm than good.

Some of the biggest mistakes start out with the best of intentions.

Captain Sausage

Why the **** is Obama, ex-president of a country with emissions per capita 3x higher than the U.K., lecturing the world on how to reduce our emissions to meet the Paris goals?

He literally had 8 years to sort it out. And did absolutely **** all. Charlatan, like the rest of the talking mouth political class. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Why the **** is Obama, ex-president of a country with emissions per capita 3x higher than the U.K., lecturing the world on how to reduce our emissions to meet the Paris goals?

He literally had 8 years to sort it out. And did absolutely **** all. Charlatan, like the rest of the talking mouth political class. 

Can't stand the guy after his behaviour at Flint. An American Blair.

Seymour M Hersh
32 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Spot on.