• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• Bazzas right boot

• Taffin

• RobNox

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent interview. Feel like for a 15 minute interview they need to dive into the questions a bit quicker, seemed like a bit too much of having a laugh - but always next month :P 

I really want to hear someone at the club talk about the long term vision. What are the goals over the next decade that kind of thing - Appreciate its probably a better question for McKinley or possibly Savage but find that stuff more interesting than what kind of hair Barrie McKay has. 

He's talking about why he's gone 343 and references quality in the '10's?

Guess he's referencing this either side of Boyce. 

Never mind McKay, the boy on the Neilson's left has a shocking haircut as well.

Edited by Taffin

Interesting he feels there was no pressure at MK and he didn't like it, despite them sacking him. Maybe he struggles with intrinsic motivation.

Also references change being the worst thing in football. Someone better tell Roman Abramovich (best English team of the last decade) 😂😂

Interesting discussion and on the back of that I'm going to lay off him and just give him my support (not that he'd care about my opinion, rightly) as fundamentally I'm not sure I really get him, he doesn't resonate with me but I like him so here endeth my criticisms.

Bazzas right boot

Enjoyed that. 

Bit banter as well. 

Big Bob kens what he's doing. 

He comes across confident we'll have a good season. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

24 minutes ago, OTT said:

Decent interview. Feel like for a 15 minute interview they need to dive into the questions a bit quicker, seemed like a bit too much of having a laugh - but always next month :P 

I really want to hear someone at the club talk about the long term vision. What are the goals over the next decade that kind of thing - Appreciate its probably a better question for McKinley or possibly Savage but find that stuff more interesting than what kind of hair Barrie McKay has. 

Goals over the next decade…while im all for forward planning thats very long term.

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, OTT said:

You want a 5 year plan. 😜

37 minutes ago, OTT said:

Apparently savage really wants to win the league 

AlphonseCapone
33 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Good interview. Have to admit open goal is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine ..😆

Same 😬

Came across well tho very pally. Interesting the chat about changing to 343 for the premiership. I had read on here that was discussed with savage at the time as 4231 wasn’t working especially when we didn’t have the wide players last year

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Good interview. Have to admit open goal is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine ..😆

Same. Part of my lockdown routine so it was and was something I looked forward to every week, was one of the things that kept me sane. 

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Interesting he feels there was no pressure at MK and he didn't like it, despite them sacking him. Maybe he struggles with intrinsic motivation.

Also references change being the worst thing in football. Someone better tell Roman Abramovich (best English team of the last decade) 😂😂

Interesting discussion and on the back of that I'm going to lay off him and just give him my support (not that he'd care about my opinion, rightly) as fundamentally I'm not sure I really get him, he doesn't resonate with me but I like him so here endeth my criticisms.

Why did the interview change your view, if you don't mind me asking?

I am a big fan of open goal, think Si Ferry, weirdly, is a very good interviewer. It's formulaic but I just like hearing the great and good of scottish football in a relaxed conversation.

Wanted Neilson out last year now with everything that has happened in the background on and off the pitch more then happy for him to continue to build on what they have started 

ps i reserve the right to change my mind 🤣

wattie exploited

I can see us playing much better football this season and it will get better even more once the new players have a month together , am thinking  Robbie will get his haters changing their mind in a month or two one thing he is a hearts man 100%  :rifle:

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

You want a 5 year plan. 😜

Correct!

You always need a strategic plan, most businesses have 5 year plans that set out long term objectives, but generally will only plan in detail for the first year or two at most, as short term plans need to be adapted to changing circumstances.  The 5 year plan will also be reviewed and refreshed every year, so it is a rolling plan, it is not set in stone as some people on here seem to think.

8 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

Who is at the right ? Needs subtitles.

I haven't watched it yet, but I'm guessing Paul Slaney, who's a bit of a tube, but has actually improved since he first started appearing on the show, so imagine how bad he was back then!

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Correct!

You always need a strategic plan, most businesses have 5 year plans that set out long term objectives, but generally will only plan in detail for the first year or two at most, as short term plans need to be adapted to changing circumstances.  The 5 year plan will also be reviewed and refreshed every year, so it is a rolling plan, it is not set in stone as some people on here seem to think.

We need a plan to plan for the 5 year plan. 

Just now, RobNox said:

I haven't watched it yet, but I'm guessing Paul Slaney, who's a bit of a tube, but has actually improved since he first started appearing on the show, so imagine how bad he was back then!

edit

Just clicked on the video and it is Slaney.  One of the best episodes was when Ford Kiernan appeared as a guest, Slaney tries on his funny man patter and Ford absolutely rips him to shreds throughout the show.  Slaney looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Used to really enjoy it when it was one on one interviews, but never watch it now because of that wee nippy guy.  

Kyle and Hakliday aren't that bad but the wee irritant gets in the way.

Have they sacked him yet or is he to valuable in getting the weedgie viewers? 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

We need a plan to plan for the 5 year plan. 

And a plan to plan for the plan for the 5 year plan.  As the saying goes, fail to plan, plan to fail.  

But being serious, you need to have a long term vision and strategy to get you to where you want to get, otherwise decision making becomes scattergun (that rings a bit of truth for us in recent seasons).

Short term plans will always need to be reviewed and adapted in the light of changing circumstances, but if you know what you are ultimately trying to achieve, those short term decisions will still be aligned to achieving the longer term goal, you'll just be taking a different approach to achieving it.

As a famous general once said, no plan survives contact with the enemy.  General Eisenhower also said that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.

26 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Used to really enjoy it when it was one on one interviews, but never watch it now because of that wee nippy guy.  

Kyle and Hakliday aren't that bad but the wee irritant gets in the way.

Have they sacked him yet or is he to valuable in getting the weedgie viewers? 

He's the Celtic balance to Halliday as the Rangers man.  Big Kev is the token non OF rep, but as in all things Scottish football, the emphasis is on the arse cheeks.

I watched the show after we beat Celtic on the opening day of the season.  Slaney had apparently slept in and wasn't there to start with, but was on his way.  They spent about half an hour talking about Celtic losing the game, had eventually just started talking about Hearts performance, then Slaney appeared, so they went back over the Celtic stuff again because he had missed the conversation.

I actually think Si does a good job, and I also enjoy his one on one interviews.  This show has the potential to be decent if they ditch Slaney.

Just now, RobNox said:

He's the Celtic balance to Halliday as the Rangers man.  Big Kev is the token non OF rep, but as in all things Scottish football, the emphasis is on the arse cheeks.

I watched the show after we beat Celtic on the opening day of the season.  Slaney had apparently slept in and wasn't there to start with, but was on his way.  They spent about half an hour talking about Celtic losing the game, had eventually just started talking about Hearts performance, then Slaney appeared, so they went back over the Celtic stuff again because he had missed the conversation.

I actually think Si does a good job, and I also enjoy his one on one interviews.  This show has the potential to be decent if they ditch Slaney.

Completely agree about ferru and his interviews.  There's a few like him doing Podcasts that seem to be very good at getting them to open up and just go for it.

You've got to give him credit for that considering he hadn't done anything like this before. 

I've seen a few interviews that have been very good, a lot better than a few if the more established ones.

That slaney guy just tries too hard.  

2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Completely agree about ferru and his interviews.  There's a few like him doing Podcasts that seem to be very good at getting them to open up and just go for it.

You've got to give him credit for that considering he hadn't done anything like this before. 

I've seen a few interviews that have been very good, a lot better than a few if the more established ones.

That slaney guy just tries too hard.  

I agree, although as I said in a previous post, he's toned it down a bit.  Still irritating at times, but not as bad as when he first appeared so maybe there's hope for him yet if he can dial it down a bit further.

Just now, RobNox said:

I agree, although as I said in a previous post, he's toned it down a bit.  Still irritating at times, but not as bad as when he first appeared so maybe there's hope for him yet if he can dial it down a bit further.

Might Gove it a go again to see if he has cut back on that Si Si stuff. 

He's utterly harmless but was too much at the start.

I loved the Gary locke and Gary Naysmith ones.  Both came across brilliant and just seemed guys that were oure midlothian...in a good way.

Naysmith talking about when he got sacked and the guys in loanhead miners ripping the pish the day after.

The JJ advice to him about buying something for his parents when he fit his first contract was class.  

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - Paul Slane is a roaster who brings the quality of the show down. Watches no other teams apart from Celtic, doesn’t listen to anything that’s being said and asks nonsensical questions that wouldn’t be needed if he rectified either of the first two things. 

19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Best young manager in Scotland. Knows his stuff.

Would neutrals not say it's Davidson at saints due to two trophies in his first season?  

Neilson might go on to achieve more but eight now you can see why others might think otherwise. 

Guest ToqueJambo
23 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Amazing :lol: 

Well it's factually true given he's the current Manager of the Month. 

Apart from that, still only 41. Name another who's done as well with a club as big as us? Ross and Davison are older. Goodwin and Davidson got plaudits last season but both are doing poorly this season.

Which young manager in Scotland would you take over Neilson right now? Gerard doesn't count given we'd have to sell the squad and ground to pay for him.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Would neutrals not say it's Davidson at saints due to two trophies in his first season?  

Neilson might go on to achieve more but eight now you can see why others might think otherwise. 

Is last season this season? Davidson's 45. Neilson's still got 4 years on him. Gerard is the same age but has certain advantages like unlimited money. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Is last season this season? Davidson's 45. Neilson's still got 4 years on him.

A lot less experience than neilson with only one season behind him but two trophies.  

You didn't say this season. 

Overall Davidson has achieved more after only one session.  The pressure is on to prove he is a better manager. 

Also got better results in Europe. 

I think because of that neutrals would pick Davidson. 

Not just this season, do you think neilson has achieved more? 

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Is last season this season? Davidson's 45. Neilson's still got 4 years on him.

You saying neilson is the better manager because he had won manager of the month rather than two cups?  

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Auldbenches said:

A lot less experience than neilson with only one season behind him but two trophies.  

You didn't say this season. 

Overall Davidson has achieved more after only one session.  The pressure is on to prove he is a better manager. 

Also got better results in Europe. 

I think because of that neutrals would pick Davidson. 

Not just this season, do you think neilson has achieved more? 

The same people who wanted Tommy Wright no doubt would want Davidson over Neilson.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

You saying neilson is the better manager because he had won manager of the month rather than two cups?  

I'm saying right now he's the best young manager in Scotland. Davidson did brilliantly for half a season or so last season. We've all seen many managers like him win cups and have one good season, maybe 2, with a smaller club. Very few of them do it consistently, and even fewer can do it with bigger clubs like us. We saw that with Tommy McLean. So Davidson could be managing Scotland  in 2 years like Clarke or be in the championship like Wright. So could Neilson mind you.

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm saying right now he's the best young manager in Scotland. Davidson did brilliantly for half a season or so last season. We've all seen many managers like him win cups and have one good season, maybe 2, with a smaller club. Very few of them do it consistently, and even fewer can do it with bigger clubs like us. We saw that with Tommy McLean. So Davidson could be managing Scotland  in 2 years like Clarke or be in the championship like Wright. So could Neilson mind you.

I would rather have Davidsons trophy cabinet over neilsons.  What he’s achieved (with a much smaller budget) we can only dream about right now. 

4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Done well for half a season? The guy has won 2 cups in his short time as manager so that's a wee bit better than done well. 

If there was a vote among Scottish football fans, Davidson would come out top. 

You only brought in this season to try and back your claim and it sould be what they have both achieved in their careers as managers. 

Neilson will have to win something before any claim he is the best.

Manager of the the month doesn't beat 2 cup wins in one season.

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

I would rather have Davidsons trophy cabinet over neilsons.  What he’s achieved (with a much smaller budget) we can only dream about right now. 

But he's only talking about this week...

Has anyone listened to the rest of the show after the Neilson interview?

Halliday is asked what time the game kicks off on Sunday? He answers by telling them he doesn't have a clue maybe 2 o'clock!

This to me is unacceptable and I was raging at him again.

8 hours ago, RobNox said:

Agreed.  I quite like Si and big Kev, but I can’t cope with that other arsehole.  Feels like it’s just a token ned appointment for the “here we ****ing go” population.