What is with all the doom and gloom?

Naisys Tackle

It’s the usuals talking nonsense and tactics. Their opinion but soon as you challenge them with a debate they just get worse.

Hearts went for the win yesterday, the gino sub on paper should have worked. GMS was a nightmare till the 2 mins before he got took off. Smith was a forced sub and Woodburn was stretching his calfs in the second half, considering he came off at United with the same problem. Shit not to win, but Neilson will get us points one way or another.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

• Pasquale for King

• Gambo

47 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Not disagreeing but of interest I thought I'd look up our record on London Hearts.

They've beaten us three times in 21 competitive games. Once on penalties in the league cup in 2001, once in Dingwall in the -15 points season (two injury time goals) and once at Tynecastle in 2017 (a game I have no recollection of at all).

We've won 10 with 8 draws.

I watched the highlights of their game v Celtic and they looked decent and defended pretty well for a large part of the game.

They had a couple of chances as well which they didn't convert but they will still be  a hard proposition in Dingwall no matter the form book.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I watched the highlights of their game v Celtic and they looked decent and defended pretty well for a large part of the game.

They had a couple of chances as well which they didn't convert but they will still be  a hard proposition in Dingwall no matter the form book.

You cant get even money on hearts

1 minute ago, 160598 said:

You cant get even money on hearts

The bookies don't often get it wrong so I just hope they are right. It will still be a hard game which is really my point.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, frankblack said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476oy6xmmwyqxvc1k7x2

So, if you think the football managers earning millions are dummies, why are you working in a bar?

No I was talking more about the likes of John Hughes, Stephen Pressley types. Would you say Sam Allardyce, Sean Dyche, Steven Gerrard,
Neil Lennon are intelligent?

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Thought we played well on Saturday. Still a bit of work to be done on the team but the midfield looks much better than it has for a few years.  

Probably did play well on Saturday, could’ve done with doing it on Sunday instead 😂

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Absolutely nothing cautious about yesterday, you might want to take a look at Hibs chances in the game, not created by pressure, but from space offered by how many players committed forwards.

Utter nonsense and drivel to perpetuate personal agendas that are laughable in the face of games like yesterday. BBC team were rightly mocking the knockers of both teams in the aftermath. 

100% correct. Hibs chances came from us attacking, maybe commiting too many players. To say we were defensive yesterday is, at best ignorant, or at worst trolling 

Any derby match will generate lots of energised debate!

I agree that there’s a lot of positives to be taken from yesterday and that we need to recognise the team is still a work-in-progress.

Part of that in my view is the finishing. I thought we lacked composure and guile in front of goal. A supporting attacking midfielder would certainly help too. Boyce needs an intelligent strike partner and hopefully young Woodburn might prove to be the solution. 
I felt Hibs were often more incisive yesterday. Was Hibs’ Porteous booked at all? If not, how did the ref miss all the obstruction and pushing??

Edited by PortyBeach

Just now, XB52 said:

100% correct. Hibs chances came from us attacking, maybe commiting too many players. To say we were defensive yesterday is, at best ignorant, or at worst trolling 

The long ball out of defence for Boyle and to a lesser extent Nisbett was their main attacking threat. They had a couple of decent passing moves but take Boyle out of that team and they are far less a threat.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, PortyBeach said:

I agree that there’s a lot of positives to be taken from yesterday and that we need to recognise the team is still a work-in-progress.

Part of that in my view is the finishing. I thought we lacked composure and guile in front of goal. A supporting attacking midfielder would certainly help too. As to Hibs, I thought they were often more incisive than us. Boyce needs an intelligent strike partner and hopefully young Woodburn might prove to be the solution. 
Was Hibs’ Porteous booked at all? If not, how did the ref miss all the obstruction and pushing??

Agreed, the pushing he and Hanlon get away with is a joke, didn’t in Europe and struggled as a result. His first knee high studs up challenge on Boyce was a yellow if not a red. 

Will be there all his career like Stevenson and Hanlon. 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No I was talking more about the likes of John Hughes, Stephen Pressley types. Would you say Sam Allardyce, Sean Dyche, Steven Gerrard,
Neil Lennon are intelligent?

:wtfvlad:

For every successful football manager there are hundreds that don't cut it.

Some folk need to get a grip of themselves. Last year we were a championship team after years of shoddy management and a conveyer belt of players coming through Tynecastle. This year we have restructured the board, got a new coaching structure in, spent time identifying and attracting quality and have identified a playing style that we wish to pursue.

We are joint second in the league (as a newly promoted Premiership team), 1 point behind the league leaders, 11 points from 15, played 3 of the 5 teams that are likely to make up the top 5 along with us, dominated a decent hibs team with 60% possession (which the team and manager were disappointed not to put to bed), a host of talented players getting more match fit with each day that passes and for the first time in years genuine strength in depth.

Some plum keeps mincing on about us being too defensive and having 7 defensive players not realising that a 343 formation is generally considered one of the most attacking formations going and we play it with a technicality astute ball playing centre back who can come forward and an attacking left sided wingback come winger as two of our back three giving us not only wing backs that support a front three but overlapping centre backs as well.

Personally I am quite encouraged with what I have seen thus far. If I were making any tweaks to the starting line up I would try Gino at RWB and keep Smith as cover at the back (good getting forward but his crossing is shocking) and I would start McKay ahead of GMS who clearly has a tendency to drift in and out of games.

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

We're kinda a funny team. I don't think we're defensive at all. We're hard to describe to supporters of other teams!

Cautious maybe. Ponderous. Not defensive though.

I think Robbie likes to rely on a couple of guys to produce magic and the rest of the team is functional.

My issue with it is no one breaks lines. Midfielders dont often get in the box,wingbacks don't often maraud.

All ok though. We played well and even out with the chances we created there were a lot of near things around the box that just didn't quite fall for us.

We'll be well in the mix for top 3. Having seen our rivals, we've nothing to fear and we'll only improve (hopefully including my bugbear above)

7 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Part of that in my view is the finishing. I thought we lacked composure and guile in front of goal. A supporting attacking midfielder would certainly help too. Boyce needs an intelligent strike partner and hopefully young Woodburn might prove to be the solution. 
I felt Hibs were often more incisive yesterday. Was Hibs’ Porteous booked at all? If not, how did the ref miss all the obstruction and pushing??

Not sure if he was booked or nor. Starting to think he’s a complete myth though. Punters talking about multi million pound transfers? He’s an ok defender, not saying he’s shite but ok is all he is. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:wtfvlad:

For every successful football manager there are hundreds that don't cut it.

I’m talking about dummies, people who are a bit thick but manage to do a job that’s extremely well paid, successful or not. Is it that hard to comprehend 😆?!?!

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

We're kinda a funny team. I don't think we're defensive at all. We're hard to describe to supporters of other teams!

I think Robbie likes to rely on a couple of guys to produce magic and the rest of the team is functional.

My issue with it is no one breaks lines. Midfielders dont often get in the box,wingbacks don't often maraud.

All ok though. We played well and even out with the chances we created there were a lot of near things around the box that just didn't quite fall for us.

We'll be well in the mix for top 3. Having seen our rivals, we've nothing to fear and we'll only improve (hopefully including my bugbear above)

Predictable is a good description.  

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m talking about dummies, people who are a bit thick but manage to do a job that’s extremely well paid. Is it that hard to comprehend? 

No, its hard to believe the pish you are spouting.

Edited by frankblack

Absolutely nothing cautious about yesterday, you might want to take a look at Hibs chances in the game, not created by pressure, but from space offered by how many players committed forwards.

Utter nonsense and drivel to perpetuate personal agendas that are laughable in the face of games like yesterday. BBC team were rightly mocking the knockers of both teams in the aftermath. 

👍

I didn’t think we played defensively yesterday either. But we never got enough bodies into the box, and lost count of the number of times our play ground to a halt in the final third. Apart from the last 5-10 mins we never looked like losing, but also never really looked like scoring for most of the game. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not sure if he was booked or nor. Starting to think he’s a complete myth though. Punters talking about multi million pound transfers? He’s an ok defender, not saying he’s shite but ok is all he is. 

Newell and Cochrane were the only bookings although how Porteous never got one is amazing.

It is fun witnessing the deep seethe and breakdowns of posters on here that, in some cases probably contributed to the plane fare first time round, and want their money back. :rofl:

The wasted time and effort keeping all these Neilson Out threads going with predictions of season ticket sales dropping off a cliff.... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47lf6czkzcg3oafg10rt

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Thought we played well on Saturday. Still a bit of work to be done on the team but the midfield looks much better than it has for a few years.  

No wonder we looked knackered in the last 10 minutes on.... Sunday then. 

😋

Triple training sessions are one thing, bashing out 2 matches in 2 days is something else. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m talking about dummies, people who are a bit thick but manage to do a job that’s extremely well paid, successful or not. Is it that hard to comprehend 😆?!?!

Ffs, your off on one today. 

Borris Johnson is running a whole country, nothing surprises me anymore, particularly after Trump. 

One thing you never consider tho is the other team. 

They try to stop us and probably have fans saying the exact same as you. 

That is where plums like you and me fall down, we've never played professionally or managed a football club. 

You do like to go on a rant and go with it tho no matter where it leads. 

Fair doos. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Bit like your negative posts ya pish spewing excuse for a fan. Incidentally Pasquale was a defender better change your username

You just keep quoting your own posts and making excuses for “Nelly” 😂

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No wonder we looked knackered in the last 10 minutes on.... Sunday then. 

😋

Triple training sessions are one thing, bashing out 2 matches in 2 days is something else. 

Aye, pick on a confused auld git. 🤔

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ffs, your off on one today. 

Borris Johnson is running a whole country, nothing surprises me anymore, particularly after Trump. 

One thing you never consider tho is the other team. 

They try to stop us and probably have fans saying the exact same as you. 

That is where plums like you and me fall down, we've never played professionally or managed a football club. 

You do like to go on a rant and go with it tho no matter where it leads. 

Fair doos. 

Not just today I will have you know. 
I was going to mention BJ and Trump but the former gets paid less than “Nelly” 😂

If you cant moan when your ST doesn’t work again, have to stand in a queue with hundreds of others who didn’t work either, being served by two members of staff and then hear the manager say he enjoyed a no scoring draw with Hibs then when can you? 

2 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

There are some who openly state they just don't like him but every critical post isn't just for that.  

The manager will make errors and e every post about that isn't someone with an agenda.

Posters say it's the same selective few that are doing this when it's the selective few who play that card against any criticism.

I'll name them when you do...

No one's said otherwise

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was going to mention BJ and Trump but the former gets paid less than “Nelly” 😂

If you cant moan when your ST doesn’t work again, have to stand in a queue with hundreds of others who don’t work, being served by two members of staff and then hear the manager say he enjoyed a no scoring draw with Hibs then when can you? 

I had a great day. 

Drink, food, football, drink, food. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I had a great day. 

Drink, food, football, drink, food. 

Dare I say you’re easily pleased?

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If you cant moan when your ST doesn’t work again, have to stand in a queue with hundreds of others who don’t work, being served by two members of staff and then hear the manager say he enjoyed a no scoring draw with Hibs then when can you? 

Does he ****. 

£150k salary is supplumented by unlimited expenses! 

Bob only gets tea and scones from Ann. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Dare I say you’re easily pleased?

Nah, just enjoy life. 

Football is a small part of a big picture. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Aye, pick on a confused auld git. 🤔

I never said you were... Confused. 🤣

58 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Agreed but I do think we'll be too strong (especially in midfield) for the diddy teams this season. Spend a bigger budget wisely as we seem to have done and the gap in finances will usually tell in the end. 

Hibs are going on about having the forward and a midfielder out yesterday but McKay and Devlin could well be first team picks very shortly (appreciate Devlin is a bit of an unknown but comes with a great reputation). 

It's looking good now that we finally have a proper recruitment team in place. 

Yes all looking very promising.

Jeffros Furios
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I've said it before but our wingback and wide players need to be further up the pitch ,

And I wouldn't say Beni or Haring are the definition of a defensive midfielder .

Both have a lot more about them but again they need to be played a bit further up the pitch .

This would also help Boyce as he wouldn't  need to drop to the half way line to get the ball .

We have the players to get balls into Boyce with him facing thier goal .

Neilson sometimes is telling the players to come further up the park but for me he sets them up to deep.

Not a bad squad we have and there's no excuses going forward .

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

The bookies don't often get it wrong so I just hope they are right. It will still be a hard game which is really my point.

The bookies get it wrong every week otherwise we’d all be millionaires on the fixed odds by just backing the favourites!

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

We have to be more adventurous 

What would you recommend? 

Skydiving? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

It is fun witnessing the deep seethe and breakdowns of posters on here that, in some cases probably contributed to the plane fare first time round, and want their money back. :rofl:

The wasted time and effort keeping all these Neilson Out threads going with predictions of season ticket sales dropping off a cliff.... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47lf6czkzcg3oafg10rt

Especially ones questioning others intelligence with clearly low IQ 😉

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

What would you recommend? 

Skydiving? 

I'll stick to football.  Get the ball and players in the box a lot quicker. Build up play is far too slow

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

I'll stick to football.  Get the ball and players in the box a lot quicker. Build up play is far too slow

Aye, if it wasn't for the pesky other team it would be that simple. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Sherbet said:

Maybe our pesky tactics

Go manage a team, with tactics like " get the ball in ye box quicker" you'll be flying. 

Opposition teams will not have a chance. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Go manage a team, with tactics like " get the ball in ye box quicker" you'll be flying. 

Opposition teams will not have a chance. 

I've put you on ignore

It's true that we should never underestimate the opposition but I do it all the time.  I'm convinced we will comfortably beat Ross County on Saturday yet I couldn't name even one of their players.

I'm the antithesis of doom and gloom.  Blind optimism.

Proud of it.

portobellojambo1

I've not read through the thread, but I guess we all have differing opinions on what we see each week, and some will be a bit harsher than others. However, at this stage, 5 games in, we have won 3 and drawn two, and it is difficult to be critical. Of the two drawn games, if I am honest, I felt that if we had continued to put pressure on Aberdeen once 1-0 up we might well have picked up all three points rather than one. Again, on Sunday, I was hoping for a victory but it was a game in which the two keepers played a big part and in the end a draw was probably a fair outcome. More impressive has probably been the two games away to St Mirren and Dundee United. These are the sort of games we've let ourselves down in during recent years, but to pick up all 6 points was very welcome.

We now have three games coming up, versus Ross County, Livingston and Motherwell, and if we approach all correctly I see no reason why we shouldn't be looking to pick up all 9 points available. Then comes the game that will show if we really are interested in competing at the top end of the league, a trip to Ibrox. Its a game we have to go into with no fear, not the sort of game to be written off as a loss before it has even started. There is still a hell of a long way to go in the league, we still have players who need to settle in, but there is no reason why we shouldn't be setting our target high, not only in the league but in this season's Scottish Cup competition.

Edited by portobellojambo1