What is with all the doom and gloom?

Naisys Tackle

Sorry, it's the first post sorry thread I've ever done on here having looked on for ages, but....

Come on.  Kickback is fantastic for gauging the fans mood at times, it was brilliant so many shared my views over demotion and backing the club it was just reassuring to read.  I got the discontent over Robbie last year also while being uncomfortable in my opinion he was the wrong person for the job and another jobs for the boys but....

Come on to France man.  The whole club is changing for the positive, the whole structure is changing.  Ann is staying on and rightfully as she has done so much good.   We've got rid of the mistakes, we have built a very trustable structure now and now on to Robbie and the team.

He came in with a blank canvas, I do agree, and for the second time.  BUT it was a shambles, a complete shambles that cost a guy I liked a lot his job but it was also done with the right intentions of the club.  He's done what Levein said would take years, with Joe Savage in 18 months.   For the first time since Ann Budge came to the club I trust what's now going on.

We now have a structure on and off the pitch, the team and the squad is being built and is incredibly strong in comparison to March 2020.  Yes, we should have beat hibs today, they are the third or where the third best team in the country last year, Aberdeen also.  We match or bettered them already.

Admittedly I'm a bit drunk but I liked a lot of what I seen today.  I can genuinely say I feel we will finish third this season and it will be a very good year of decent, attacking football with a fantastic shape to it.  Best goalie in the league, it's all trivial but I would take two players in that team against us today in Boyle and Porteous (and even that is debatable) and that's the best of the rest.  Aberdeen I would take the JET laddie as an impact sub.  If you asked me in January it would be most both their teams players and that's the improvement. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

• Pasquale for King

• Gambo

It’s a select few with clear agendas that have a go.  It’s beyond embarrassing now tbh.

Pathetic given how far we have come.  There’s no words really for some of the absolute drivel from these posters. They expect us to just steamroller every team every game and play 1-0-10 formation.

we all wanted to win today but Jesus Christ it’s a hard game and shit happens. Our recruiting is spot on yet still the minority greet. 

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

It’s a select few with clear agendas that have a go.  It’s beyond embarrassing now tbh.

Pathetic given how far we have come.  There’s no words really for some of the absolute drivel from these posters. They expect us to just steamroller every team every game and play 1-0-10 formation.

we all wanted to win today but Jesus Christ it’s a hard game and shit happens. Our recruiting is spot on yet still the minority greet. 

Is 2 wins in 10 against Hibs what you expect from Hearts? Today isn't an isolated thing which I think builds people's frustrations. In isolation today was fine, we played quite well, made odd subs but looked decent. We don't have much to look forward to in the league (as no team outside the OF do) so our highlights are generally against our city rivals which when we've got a manager who historically doesn't beat them then it probably feeds people's feelings he's happy with a draw...rightly or wrongly.

We have beaten them twice at Easter road and also at Hampden in the last 6 games. How many have they won in these 6 games ?

and that was with a damn site poorer squads than we had out there today.

Don't think there's any doom and gloom as such. There's obviously a small number of trolls running round the board causing havoc and ruining it. That's unfortunately not a new thing on here, it's been allowed to get out of control and the little bit of self-policing that should occur has been kyboshed. It's a shame.

2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Don't think there's any doom and gloom as such. There's obviously a small number of trolls running round the board causing havoc and ruining it. That's unfortunately not a new thing on here, it's been allowed to get out of control and the little bit of self-policing that should occur has been kyboshed. It's a shame.

Exactly.  Its almost worth bumping the Neilson Out thread to embarrass these utter cretins.  Same small group of posters every time.

Jambof3tornado
12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Is 2 wins in 10 against Hibs what you expect from Hearts? Today isn't an isolated thing which I think builds people's frustrations. In isolation today was fine, we played quite well, made odd subs but looked decent. We don't have much to look forward to in the league (as no team outside the OF do) so our highlights are generally against our city rivals which when we've got a manager who historically doesn't beat them then it probably feeds people's feelings he's happy with a draw...rightly or wrongly.

This. 2 wins in 10. Its a huge thing.

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Just for clarity that's Neilson's record (I believe). So includes when we were much better than them in the Championship and a last minute wonder goal from Ozturk.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Robbies played hibs twice since he came back. 

Agreed. Club is clearly moving in the right direction. A year ago we were bringing frear off the bench. Today we had Ginnelly and McKay. Although these facts and our progression does not suit the agenda of a small minority. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Robbies played hibs twice since he came back. 

Best dismiss your point about him being the last manager to finish 3rd with us then, yes? Or is it only the positives from his last spell we can refer to?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Just for clarity that's Neilson's record (I believe). So includes when we were much better than them in the Championship and a last minute wonder goal from Ozturk.

Can't be right?

Championship. 

W1, d2, l1. 

Sc

D1, l1

This time

Sc W1  l d1

Even then, if you bang on about that after the transformation in the side since Stendel left you're an idiot. 

Not only an idiot - An idiot obsessed with hibs. 

The very thing you probably take the piss out of hibs for with us. 

Think about it. 

16 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Dunno about doom and gloom, but there are a fair number of posters who watched today and are calling what we did defensive football. I have no idea what they're on about.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Can't be right?

Championship. 

W1, d2, l1. 

Sc

D1, l1

This time

Sc W1  l d1

Even then, if you bang on about that after the transformation in the side since Stendel left you're an idiot. 

Not only an idiot - An idiot obsessed with hibs. 

The very thing you probably take the piss out of hibs for with us. 

Think about it. 

Yeh it's 2 in 8 with us and 0 in 2 with DU. Tbf I didn't notice that on the site I looked it up on. Still, 2 in 8 isn't good enough imo. 

I'm not obsessed with Hibs, I couldn't tell you any of their players and I've only watched 4 of their matches when we weren't playing in my puff. 1 my uncle took me to, 1 my football team took us to, LC against Livingston and the one where you were supporting them (😉). In a a league with nothing to play for it's not too much to hope we go out to beat our rivals everytime imo and give it everything. 

He's doing fine this year, we were fine today as well. I just think it was there for the taking I'd we'd really gone for it, and it didn't look like we did imo.

He's build a good squad and he's capable of more. I'm not sure why it feels flat a lot in how we play. Just how I feel. You feel different. I'm not slating him and I'm not asking you to change your opinion 👍

Edited by Taffin

45 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Sorry, it's the first post sorry thread I've ever done on here having looked on for ages, but....

Come on.  Kickback is fantastic for gauging the fans mood at times, it was brilliant so many shared my views over demotion and backing the club it was just reassuring to read.  I got the discontent over Robbie last year also while being uncomfortable in my opinion he was the wrong person for the job and another jobs for the boys but....

Come on to France man.  The whole club is changing for the positive, the whole structure is changing.  Ann is staying on and rightfully as she has done so much good.   We've got rid of the mistakes, we have built a very trustable structure now and now on to Robbie and the team.

He came in with a blank canvas, I do agree, and for the second time.  BUT it was a shambles, a complete shambles that cost a guy I liked a lot his job but it was also done with the right intentions of the club.  He's done what Levein said would take years, with Joe Savage in 18 months.   For the first time since Ann Budge came to the club I trust what's now going on.

We now have a structure on and off the pitch, the team and the squad is being built and is incredibly strong in comparison to March 2020.  Yes, we should have beat hibs today, they are the third or where the third best team in the country last year, Aberdeen also.  We match or bettered them already.

Admittedly I'm a bit drunk but I liked a lot of what I seen today.  I can genuinely say I feel we will finish third this season and it will be a very good year of decent, attacking football with a fantastic shape to it.  Best goalie in the league, it's all trivial but I would take two players in that team against us today in Boyle and Porteous (and even that is debatable) and that's the best of the rest.  Aberdeen I would take the JET laddie as an impact sub.  If you asked me in January it would be most both their teams players and that's the improvement. 

I agree with everything you say apart from porteous think the boy is liability 

26 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You realise finishing 3rd almost guarantees European football until Xmas. Plenty to play for. 

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yeh it's 2 in 8 with us and 0 in 2 with DU. Tbf I didn't notice that on the site I looked it up on. Still, 2 in 8 isn't good enough imo. 

I'm not obsessed with Hibs, I couldn't tell you any of their players and I've only watched 4 of their matches when we weren't playing in my puff. 1 my uncle took me to, 1 my football team took us to, LC against Livingston and the one where you were supporting them. In a a league with nothing to play for it's not too much to hope we go out to beat our rivals everytime imo and give it everything. 

He's doing fine this year, we were fine today as well. I just think it was there for the taking I'd we'd really gone for it, and it didn't look like we did imo.

Let’s break down the 2 in 8.

league games when it’s mattered - 1 win 3 draws 

cup games - 1 win in a SC semi final, 1 draw and a loss in SC 4th round.

Doesn’t seem a bad enough record to call him out on. And if you actually paid attention to Hibs you will realise they are a better team now than they have been in a very long time. 

Just now, karipidis said:

It’s guaranteed European football until Xmas. Even if we lose every game we still make about 2-3 million pounds. For a Hearts fan to downplay that is bizarre. 

Interestingly I tend to look at our results before our balance sheet. If I wanted to cheer on a nice P+L, football teams wouldn't be my first port of call. 

9 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

I agree with everything you say apart from porteous think the boy is liability 

I thought so too, but plenty thought the same of Jack Hendry.  For 22 the boy is a very good player and would be fantastic beside a vastly better Soupy. 

gorgie rd eh11
35 minutes ago, Taffin said:

So you're counting Dundee United games against Hibs in "what you expect from Hearts"?. 

😄 **** off.

Just now, gorgie rd eh11 said:

So you're counting Dundee United games against Hibs in "what you expect from Hearts"?. 

😄 **** off.

I already said earlier that I'd misread it. Happy to have it pointed out again though 👍

3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I thought so too, but plenty thought the same of Jack Hendry.  For 22 the boy is a very good player and would be fantastic beside a vastly better Soupy. 

Just don’t see it mate 

gorgie rd eh11
10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I already said earlier that I'd misread it. Happy to have it pointed out again though 👍

Yeah you "missed it" 😄

******* hell.

Just now, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Yeah you "missed it" 😄

******* hell.

Who/what are you quoting?!?

Anyway, I don't feel doom and gloom. Thought today was fine and we played some decent stuff, whilst a bad result and odd subs I'd say it was a 7/10, was just suggesting why maybe others did feel doom and gloom as his record against Hibs is predominantly draws...interestingly 50% whether you look at the 8 with us, or the 10 inc with DU (not that it's really relevant)

gorgie rd eh11
3 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Out of 8 games against hibs Robbie has lost twice.  One of those coming after we had already won the league. Interesting thread :facepalm:

Doesn't fit the greeting faced **** agenda.

Jambof3tornado
56 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Best dismiss your point about him being the last manager to finish 3rd with us then, yes? Or is it only the positives from his last spell we can refer to?

This!

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Agree on the most part, guess I just expected to win today, which is why I feel disappointed that we only scraped a draw in the end (a view that is shared by our players according to robbie) we played well in spells today, I just expected us to take our chances when they came, especially the Golden gms and gino chances, however if h1b5 took there chances it probably ends a 2-2 draw anyway, just a feeling we could of capitalized today and we didn't, very similar to the Aberdeen game tbh, I just hope it doesn't become a trend this season, No doubt we have started well and our away form is miles better which I am delighted about, Recruitment has been great and hopefully it sets us up there for challenging for top 3/4, would be very happy with 3rd this season! 

42 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Agree on the most part, guess I just expected to win today, which is why I feel disappointed that we only scraped a draw in the end (a view that is shared by our players according to robbie) we played well in spells today, I just expected us to take our chances when they came, especially the Golden gms and gino chances, however if h1b5 took there chances it probably ends a 2-2 draw anyway, just a feeling we could of capitalized today and we didn't, very similar to the Aberdeen game tbh, I just hope it doesn't become a trend this season, No doubt we have started well and our away form is miles better which I am delighted about, Recruitment has been great and hopefully it sets us up there for challenging for top 3/4, would be very happy with 3rd this season! 

As did I.  

We didn't scrape a draw though, clearly the better side despite their chances on the break.  That's again, the third best last year and established,  we are a new side with lots of more players about to improve our team. .  

Agree with the rest too.  I couldn't be more wrong and more delighted it's going the way it is.  

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Exactly.  Its almost worth bumping the Neilson Out thread to embarrass these utter cretins.  Same small group of posters every time.

I've not been on here that long but it seems it's more the same people defend him, which is their right. 

We all want the best for the club and as I've said on another thread Neilson for me will always have us under achieving and under performing. 

Let's hope I'm wrong though. 

1 minute ago, Scott Leitch said:

I've not been on here that long but it seems it's more the same people defend him, which is their right. 

We all want the best for the club and as I've said on another thread Neilson for me will always have us under achieving and under performing. 

In what way, since he's returned, including this season has us under achieving?  We are continuously getting better?

4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

In what way, since he's returned, including this season has us under achieving?  We are continuously getting better?

Alloa in the league cup, Brora in the Scottish cup, shiting it in the final and leaving us a mountain to climb from 2 down and again in the league cup this season. Not learning that sitting in and inviting Celtic onto us is never the answer. He didn't learn this in the cup final. That's a worry.

2 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Alloa in the league cup, Brora in the Scottish cup, shiting it in the final and leaving us a mountain to climb from 2 down and again in the league cup this season. Not learning that sitting in and inviting Celtic onto us is never the answer. He didn't learn this in the cup final. That's a worry.

I totally get they results and how shocking they are.  Seriously and genuinely I do.  I'm not even going to reply going, like many would like a lot of what I would call apologists regarding of the issue or the scores by saying "aye well we won the semi against Hibs and ran Celtic close and was a penalty away from winning the cup"  There are a few on here that will back Neilson regardless of how shit it gets.

But.

Can I ask you, without being patronising, please to look at where at the low point we stood.  Utter shambles under Doctor football Levein and heading for relegation for about 18 months.  Stendel came in, wrong guy at the wrong time, brought in a few shanners apart from Hibbick?  And the club brought in Boyce.  Even the majority of all that shite was a disaster, 14 years it seemed for the boy to even bring in an assistant man.  Court cases, loads of utter shite.  Again.

But.

Look how far we have progressed since then, and i['m not talking about our wee comfort blanket of look how amazing it's off the pitch and another investors decided to put money in - I'm talking about how we legitimately now matched, controlled and bettered last seasons best of the rest.  I'm talking about how we have the 3rd best team now in the country, easily the third best squad in the country, how we possibly have the best midfielder in the country to go by the best goalkeeper in the country.

We are in September, we are going to get better and better. no team outside Glasgow is better than us in Scotland and that is a complete and utter fact.   Yes, I'm disappointed we didn't win today, but that's because of the improvement we've made and a lot of that has to go down to Robbie Neilson and his backteam staff. 

If anyone in the media in the next few days spouts Hibs are a better football team than us then I know legit it's pish.  We are a better team than them and a better football team than them.  

43 minutes ago, db211833 said:

11 from 15 in the league,  do one ya clown 

Exactly. Loads of positives and I genuinely believe there is more to come as the new recruits get up to speed. 

Yes maybe a few tweeks are needed here or there but every team could say that. 

Considering who we’ve played so far this season there is lots to be optimistic about. 

let’s see how we get on against the so called poorer teams and indeed how we’re sitting after Ross County, Livingston and Motherwell. 

2 hours ago, Toffee Jambo said:

Agreed. Club is clearly moving in the right direction. A year ago we were bringing frear off the bench. Today we had Ginnelly and McKay. Although these facts and our progression does not suit the agenda of a small minority. 

Totally agree our squad is improving….  Is this down to RN or our Director of Football.

My concern with RN is that he doesn’t seem to be able to positively change how a game is going,

32 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Hearts fans defending the Hearts manager? Shouldn't the mods be taking action?

We played well today and well within the obvious potential we've got, try and enjoy life ffs, save the moaning for when things are actually shit.

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Who are tbe ones with the agendas and what are they?  

Gets branded about as soon as someone disagrees with something the club or manager does.

Nothing is ever going to be perfect and we have the right to say what we think is wrong and what should be done about it.

Back up your post and name the select few. 

Guaranteed you don't.

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

2 wins in 10 has become 2 in 6 if you use another posters stats.

We have improved a lot this season but 2 wins against them has to change soon.  

Not good enough against them from any Hearts manager. 

Anyone want to explain what this supposed agenda is?  

If you point out what a player should've done better it's an opinion but if it's the manager it's an agenda?  

I suppose this is replacing the accusations of not being happy because you personally hate robbie or levein. 

Edited by Auldbenches

2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I'm coming into this halfway through but isn't it the apparent Discredit Bob Wherever Possible, No Matter What thing?

16 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Who are tbe ones with the agendas and what are they?  

Gets branded about as soon as someone disagrees with something the club or manager does.

Nothing is ever going to be perfect and we have the right to say what we think is wrong and what should be done about it.

Back up your post and name the select few. 

Guaranteed you don't.

9 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

agenda is quite simple but let me explain. It’s the Neilson out brigade (albeit a select few). Name them ? If your on here enough you will know so no I can’t be arsed. But in simple terms we have come up from the devision below and recruited superbly. Are sitting undefeated having played 5 games (against 3 of last seasons top  4) and to put it kindly we are doing rather well . Our recruitment suggests we are going in the right direction in a very small timeline and work in progress.  I’ve never been a fan of Neilson but ffs even a blind man can see he’s done very well up to now in this division. It’s only a few so tbf I’m sure he is not losing any sleep 

Edited by 1971fozzy

Just now, Smithee said:

I'm coming into this halfway through but isn't it the apparent Discredit Bob Wherever Possible, No Matter What thing?

Any criticism is to completely discredit him?   It's just used to shout posters down.

They never seem to name this select few.

No one has asked for him to be sacked just now so isn't it just opinions on formations etc?  

It's just there to stop anything other than only positive posts. 

No one wants a sterile forum.  

Can you point out any of these posts looking to discredit him no matter what? 

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

agenda is quite simple but let me explain. It’s the Neilson out brigade (albeit a select few). Name them ? If your on here enough you will know so no I can’t be arsed. But in simple terms we have come up from the devision below and recruited superbly. Are sitting undefeated having played 5 games (against 3 of last seasons top  4) and to put it kindly we are doing rather well . Our recruitment suggests we are going in the right direction in a very small timeline and work in progress.  I’ve never been a fan of Neilson but ffs even a blind man can see he’s done very well up to know in this division.

I don't know who they are and it's a bit shit coming out with that but not being arsed to back it up.

Name some of them if it's only a select few.

Lazy or hollow accusation if you aren't willing to name them or point out these posts 

It's the levein haters stuff all over again and has been used against any criticism.  

Anyone got an agenda against a player if they point out any errors or is it only if you point out robbies?

A select few will be easy to quote .

jamboinglasgow

Is there still cause for concern on certain areas? Yes. But lets enjoy things when they are going well rather than pretending everything is terrible. 

From today its clear that we are least top 4 standard and should be pushing for 3rd. The fact the players came away from today gutted that they did not win, while Hibs came away happy they got a draw also is promising. As Robbie said he wants the team to have the mentality that they should be winning every game.  Now talk is always cheap but if players push on from this to show how they can win games and the next 3 games are crucial to this, then we can have a strong season.

Of course not being able to finish anything today has been a big downside. We are creating more but have a team that is needing to gel more. But there is plenty to take from some of the play, quick movement of passing when attacking at times showed a team who if they can get more familiar with each other will be a nightmare for the opposition. We also have strength in depth that can bring in a number of attacking options which can bring different styles.

It should not be forgotten that in our first 5 games, we have played 3 of the 4 teams who would rival us in the top 5. Hibs and Aberdeen have each played 1 game of the 4. We are undefeated, got a 100% win record away (something we were awful at before.) The next 6 games in the first rotation of fixtures will be crucial for how our season goes. Get 4 wins and a draw from that then we put ourselves in a very strong position.