What is with all the doom and gloom?

Naisys Tackle

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

I don't know who they are and it's a bit shit coming out with that but not being arsed to back it up.

Name some of them if it's only a select few.

Lazy or hollow accusation if you aren't willing to name them or point out these posts 

It's the levein haters stuff all over again and has been used against any criticism.  

Anyone got an agenda against a player if they point out any errors or is it only if you point out robbies?

A select few will be easy to quote .

You are at it if you don't know who those posters are.

Find any of the Neilson out threads and cross-check with the posters starting threads moaning after the match. 👍

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

• Pasquale for King

• Gambo

3 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Sorry, it's the first post sorry thread I've ever done on here having looked on for ages, but....

Come on.  Kickback is fantastic for gauging the fans mood at times, it was brilliant so many shared my views over demotion and backing the club it was just reassuring to read.  I got the discontent over Robbie last year also while being uncomfortable in my opinion he was the wrong person for the job and another jobs for the boys but....

Come on to France man.  The whole club is changing for the positive, the whole structure is changing.  Ann is staying on and rightfully as she has done so much good.   We've got rid of the mistakes, we have built a very trustable structure now and now on to Robbie and the team.

He came in with a blank canvas, I do agree, and for the second time.  BUT it was a shambles, a complete shambles that cost a guy I liked a lot his job but it was also done with the right intentions of the club.  He's done what Levein said would take years, with Joe Savage in 18 months.   For the first time since Ann Budge came to the club I trust what's now going on.

We now have a structure on and off the pitch, the team and the squad is being built and is incredibly strong in comparison to March 2020.  Yes, we should have beat hibs today, they are the third or where the third best team in the country last year, Aberdeen also.  We match or bettered them already.

Admittedly I'm a bit drunk but I liked a lot of what I seen today.  I can genuinely say I feel we will finish third this season and it will be a very good year of decent, attacking football with a fantastic shape to it.  Best goalie in the league, it's all trivial but I would take two players in that team against us today in Boyle and Porteous (and even that is debatable) and that's the best of the rest.  Aberdeen I would take the JET laddie as an impact sub.  If you asked me in January it would be most both their teams players and that's the improvement. 

**** great post. Can you imagine if we got beat today. I dont know what the demographic is on here but I suspect there is a lot of non season ticket non FOH contributing glue sniffing arsehole keyboard warriors on here. Well done and welcome but ffs dont talk sense and if you do good luck ill back you all the way.

So dont like RN, dont mention grass is green, dont ever thank Budge for 2.5 million reasons and ffs find an attacking midfielder.

Just now, frankblack said:

Find any of the Neilson out threads and cross-check with the posters starting threads moaning after the match. 👍

I'm not at it, I just think people showed back up the agenda claim.  Should be easy to point them out if it's a select few. 

I genuinely don't know who they are.

It's just looking like a variation of the haters card getting played. 

Answer what I've asked in another post. 

How is it if someone points out an error by a player it's not an agenda but it is if it's the coaching staff? 

Looks like more have got an agenda against Halkett than Robbie if that's the case. 

12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Great post but only cos you said youre at it - is that a west coast thing

Edited by 160598

12 minutes ago, 160598 said:

**** great post. Can you imagine if we got beat today. I dont know what the demographic is on here but I suspect there is a lot of non season ticket non FOH contributing glue sniffing arsehole keyboard warriors on here. Well done and welcome but ffs dont talk sense and if you do good luck ill back you all the way.

So dont like RN, dont mention grass is green, dont ever thank Budge for 2.5 million reasons and ffs find an attacking midfielder.

Thanks man. 

Your username is also the second greatest day of my life :)

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Just for clarity that's Neilson's record (I believe). So includes when we were much better than them in the Championship and a last minute wonder goal from Ozturk.

yup in the 2 wins hibs missed penalties in both games to go into winning positions so it’s fair to put that down to a bit of luck rather than tactical bravery

in the good old derby days hibs used to often play us off the park were industrious everyone fighting and kicking trying to beat the hearts - inevitably we’d come out of it with at least a point or a last minute winner or have 2 shots on target and win 2-1 - that was the mentality difference 

in the budge/neilson era hibs can turn up put in a half-assed performance be 2nd best all over the park and still be confident of coming away with a comfortable point

savages recruitment does seem to be very good so a definite positive there and hopefully he’ll realise sooner rather than later that his good work could be compromised unless there’s changes elsewhere be that personnel or mentality 

neilson will be delighted tho - another home point to consolidate our solid start

Edited by MoncurMacdonaldMercer

14 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I'm not at it, I just think people showed back up the agenda claim.  Should be easy to point them out if it's a select few. 

I genuinely don't know who they are.

It's just looking like a variation of the haters card getting played. 

Answer what I've asked in another post. 

How is it if someone points out an error by a player it's not an agenda but it is if it's the coaching staff? 

Looks like more have got an agenda against Halkett than Robbie if that's the case. 

There are forum rules that mean you get a warning/tb for doing what you ask.

Any regular poster knows exactly who they are and I'll leave it at that.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

There are forum rules that mean you get a warning/tb for doing what you ask.

Any regular poster knows exactly who they are and I'll leave it at that.

If there's an agenda at least one will have posted on the thread and I think that's the only rule regarding naming. 

I think it's just there to stop any criticism of the manager. 

No one has said they want him lately.  

Folk should at least have the stomach to name and shame if some are only posting about Robbie to get him sacked.  

The negativity from the young crew is palpable.

Were they at Gayfield last year with a **** howler blowin in off the north sea - no

I was and I know everyone else that was so **** do one.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Dropping any points to the vermin at Tynecastle is always frustrating but what I take out of it, having played Aberdeen and them in quick succession at home, is that there is no gap between them and us, despite how bad we were when we were expelled. Therefore, I have every confidence now we will be at the right end of the league this season.

1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

Any criticism is to completely discredit him?   It's just used to shout posters down.

They never seem to name this select few.

No one has asked for him to be sacked just now so isn't it just opinions on formations etc?  

It's just there to stop anything other than only positive posts. 

No one wants a sterile forum.  

Can you point out any of these posts looking to discredit him no matter what? 

Why would I? I'm not making any accusations, just playing along with you pretending you don't know what's going on.

1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

If there's an agenda at least one will have posted on the thread and I think that's the only rule regarding naming. 

I think it's just there to stop any criticism of the manager. 

No one has said they want him lately.  

Folk should at least have the stomach to name and shame if some are only posting about Robbie to get him sacked.  

Get a grip ffs

4 hours ago, db211833 said:

11 from 15 in the league,  do one ya clown 

Celtic , Aberdeen and Hibs , still unbeaten. And 6 out of 6 away. I'll take it.

Edited by ri Alban

4 hours ago, db211833 said:

11 from 15 in the league,  do one ya clown 

And of the six clubs we haven't played in the league, four of them have 9 points between them.

Our next three are County, Livingston, and Motherwell. We could easily be on 18 from 24 going into the Rangers game.

3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Is there still cause for concern on certain areas? Yes. But lets enjoy things when they are going well rather than pretending everything is terrible. 

From today its clear that we are least top 4 standard and should be pushing for 3rd. The fact the players came away from today gutted that they did not win, while Hibs came away happy they got a draw also is promising. As Robbie said he wants the team to have the mentality that they should be winning every game.  Now talk is always cheap but if players push on from this to show how they can win games and the next 3 games are crucial to this, then we can have a strong season.

Of course not being able to finish anything today has been a big downside. We are creating more but have a team that is needing to gel more. But there is plenty to take from some of the play, quick movement of passing when attacking at times showed a team who if they can get more familiar with each other will be a nightmare for the opposition. We also have strength in depth that can bring in a number of attacking options which can bring different styles.

It should not be forgotten that in our first 5 games, we have played 3 of the 4 teams who would rival us in the top 5. Hibs and Aberdeen have each played 1 game of the 4. We are undefeated, got a 100% win record away (something we were awful at before.) The next 6 games in the first rotation of fixtures will be crucial for how our season goes. Get 4 wins and a draw from that then we put ourselves in a very strong position.

Rangers are the only problem taking 6 wins from 6. And maybe St Johnstone. 13 points would be a good return.

4 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

And of the six clubs we haven't played in the league, four of them have 9 points between them.

Our next three are County, Livingston, and Motherwell. We could easily be on 18 from 24 going into the Rangers game.

20 or Gtf. 😡 :D

Edited by ri Alban

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

20 or Gtf. 😡 :D

Hate to say it but the Motherwell one just *feels* like a game where we play a strong game but they get an 86th minute equalizer or something. :angry:

Just now, Ugly American said:

Hate to say it but the Motherwell one just *feels* like a game where we play a strong game but they get an 86th minute equalizer or something. :angry:

Fae Tony fecking Watt. :raging:

These things always happen to us.

(TW plays for Motherwell, right?) 

18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Fae Tony fecking Watt. :raging:

These things always happen to us.

(TW plays for Motherwell, right?) 

Last I checked. And yes, that sounds about right.

A_A wehatethehibs
4 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Dropping any points to the vermin at Tynecastle is always frustrating but what I take out of it, having played Aberdeen and them in quick succession at home, is that there is no gap between them and us, despite how bad we were when we were expelled. Therefore, I have every confidence now we will be at the right end of the league this season.

This. Their fans will be disappointed that despite both of them having a massive head start over us, we have looked the better team than them for large spells of both games particularly in midfield. And we now have a very very strong bench as well. Hearts being the better squad than them wasn’t in the script for Hibs and Aberdeen, they thought it would be a 2 way battle for 3rd we are crashing that party. 

5 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

24 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

This. Their fans will be disappointed that despite both of them having a massive head start over us, we have looked the better team than them for large spells of both games particularly in midfield. And we now have a very very strong bench as well. Hearts being the better squad than them wasn’t in the script for Hibs and Aberdeen, they thought it would be a 2 way battle for 3rd we are crashing that party. 

Completely agree with the above posts. 3rd would be massive this season with guaranteed European group stage football. Imagine what JS could do with that extra income, we could seriously open up a proper gap on them two with the prize money. 

I said at the start of the season 10 wins from home and 10 wins away. 60 points. Aberdeen Under mcinnes always hit 10/11 wins away from home and it’s crucial. 

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Celtic , Aberdeen and Hibs , still unbeaten. And 6 out of 6 away. I'll take it.

A lot better than I predicted tbh

Horrible wee trip to Dingwall coming up though 🙈

There's always a sense of disappointment when we don't win a derby especially at home however on reflection it was a good game between two evenly matched teams which could have ended 1-0 either way.  The team is shaping up very well indeed with just a bit more punch in attack required.   We can already dispel all the doom mongers who had us struggling in bottom half of table before the season started.  Happy days!

7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

This 👍

9 hours ago, Smithee said:

Hearts fans defending the Hearts manager? Shouldn't the mods be taking action?

We played well today and well within the obvious potential we've got, try and enjoy life ffs, save the moaning for when things are actually shit.

You know what I was getting at. 

7 hours ago, Smithee said:

Why would I? I'm not making any accusations, just playing along with you pretending you don't know what's going on.

Cheap reply.  I don't know what's going on because I don't agree with the agenda. 

There are people making accusations.  Thsts why the word agenda is getting branded about. 

It's the same stuff from when levein was getting criticised.  It's getting used to stop any criticism. 

Can anyone show who has an agenda?

Turn it round and you'll see it's the same ones accusing others of having agendas or only criticising because they hate the person. 

Same few doing that.

I'll name them when someone  asks up their agenda claim.

It's a football team not a political party

6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Get a grip ffs

In what way.  I just don't like how others are trying to stop others having an opposition 

You get a grip.

Jambof3tornado

Interesting to see how we line up at county, will Robbie make changes or keep using the same players(boyce should be dropped for gnando and mceneff should get a chance).

Not a lot in it, league points wise, lose when others around us win and we can easily drop 2 or 3 places.

I'll be happier with how we are doing if we are still in touch with 3rd spot after the 1st round matches.

Beni is a god. Best signing in years.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Interesting to see how we line up at county, will Robbie make changes or keep using the same players(boyce should be dropped for gnando and mceneff should get a chance).

Not a lot in it, league points wise, lose when others around us win and we can easily drop 2 or 3 places.

I'll be happier with how we are doing if we are still in touch with 3rd spot after the 1st round matches.

Beni is a god. Best signing in years.

I get a feeling he may ring the changes to be honest and try an entirely different set up. In an interview pre season, Robbie said he wanted a squad that could play 2 completely different systems. I am waiting to see when the 4-2-3-1 is going to be used, he has got the players for it now

Brighton Jambo
12 hours ago, Taffin said:

Is 2 wins in 10 against Hibs what you expect from Hearts? Today isn't an isolated thing which I think builds people's frustrations. In isolation today was fine, we played quite well, made odd subs but looked decent. We don't have much to look forward to in the league (as no team outside the OF do) so our highlights are generally against our city rivals which when we've got a manager who historically doesn't beat them then it probably feeds people's feelings he's happy with a draw...rightly or wrongly.

Thing is though it feels deliberately disingenuous to lump his results from last time in with this time as manager.  Literally two totally different teams.  

Since he has come back he has played two, he won one of our biggest games against them ever, Scottish cup semi with us being in the league below and no preparation - a huge win. Then yesterday we were the better team and just couldn’t get the goal we needed.  For me that’s not a bad start to his second time round.  

All roads lead to Gorgie

For the first time in a while it looks like we can control the tempo of a game and not be forced to play the way the opposition wants us to play. We can dominate games now and with the team set to gel properly in the weeks to come, plus the stronger bench, we should be full of optimism that we can win consistently. 

12 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I get a feeling he may ring the changes to be honest and try an entirely different set up. In an interview pre season, Robbie said he wanted a squad that could play 2 completely different systems. I am waiting to see when the 4-2-3-1 is going to be used, he has got the players for it now

He should play what he believes is  our strongest team and style and do less worrying about the opposition. Let the lesser teams worry about us.

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

Thing is though it feels deliberately disingenuous to lump his results from last time in with this time as manager.  Literally two totally different teams.  

Since he has come back he has played two, he won one of our biggest games against them ever, Scottish cup semi with us being in the league below and no preparation - a huge win. Then yesterday we were the better team and just couldn’t get the goal we needed.  For me that’s not a bad start to his second time round.  

Agree and it's a fair point, it works both ways though.

Let's also though move away from people talking about the good he did last time. Clean slate from when he came back for his second stint. 

We weren't the better team yesterday though, it was 0-0. Football is measured on scoring and not conceding, we both achieved the same. There's no medals for possession.

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

Going to be honest, since Covid hit my PTSD has taken a turn for the worse resulting in me taking a break from SM and this place.  I have just started back on today and I agree with many on here, negative posts about Neilson, folk wanting him to fail still etc.  I watched on from the stand yesterday and said to my mate that this is one of the strongest and positive Hearts teams I have seen in a number of years.  I am amazed at the gloom round here right now, its been years since I looked forward to home games but the bug is back.  We have players that are worth leaving the pub for again, hate to say to too but they look strong and also have some good players.  Positive signs for the city

Ainsley Harriott

Pretty sure if we were offered 3 wins and 2 draws when from our first 5 when the fixtures were announced we would have been more than pleased.

Dougie Masterton
13 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Sorry, it's the first post sorry thread I've ever done on here having looked on for ages, but....

Come on.  Kickback is fantastic for gauging the fans mood at times, it was brilliant so many shared my views over demotion and backing the club it was just reassuring to read.  I got the discontent over Robbie last year also while being uncomfortable in my opinion he was the wrong person for the job and another jobs for the boys but....

Come on to France man.  The whole club is changing for the positive, the whole structure is changing.  Ann is staying on and rightfully as she has done so much good.   We've got rid of the mistakes, we have built a very trustable structure now and now on to Robbie and the team.

He came in with a blank canvas, I do agree, and for the second time.  BUT it was a shambles, a complete shambles that cost a guy I liked a lot his job but it was also done with the right intentions of the club.  He's done what Levein said would take years, with Joe Savage in 18 months.   For the first time since Ann Budge came to the club I trust what's now going on.

We now have a structure on and off the pitch, the team and the squad is being built and is incredibly strong in comparison to March 2020.  Yes, we should have beat hibs today, they are the third or where the third best team in the country last year, Aberdeen also.  We match or bettered them already.

Admittedly I'm a bit drunk but I liked a lot of what I seen today.  I can genuinely say I feel we will finish third this season and it will be a very good year of decent, attacking football with a fantastic shape to it.  Best goalie in the league, it's all trivial but I would take two players in that team against us today in Boyle and Porteous (and even that is debatable) and that's the best of the rest.  Aberdeen I would take the JET laddie as an impact sub.  If you asked me in January it would be most both their teams players and that's the improvement. 

Portueous, you are pissed or at the ham. 

13 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

It’s a select few with clear agendas that have a go.  It’s beyond embarrassing now tbh.

Pathetic given how far we have come.  There’s no words really for some of the absolute drivel from these posters. They expect us to just steamroller every team every game and play 1-0-10 formation.

we all wanted to win today but Jesus Christ it’s a hard game and shit happens. Our recruiting is spot on yet still the minority greet. 

Exactly. It's the pHoodle brigade and they just need to be ignored 

13 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

good post. 

Savage, Lancealot and Robbie have put a very competitive team together. One which can finish third comfortably so it’s a time to be excited, not annoyed. 

As another poster has said, a select few on here with the tiresome agenda’s should have a day off.

10 hours ago, McCrae said:

Totally agree our squad is improving….  Is this down to RN or our Director of Football.

My concern with RN is that he doesn’t seem to be able to positively change how a game is going,

So far off the mark!

He's slagged for not starting the way we finished in final and slagged for not knowing how to positively change a game at the same time.

It does not compute.

14 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Pretty sure if we were offered 3 wins and 2 draws when from our first 5 when the fixtures were announced we would have been more than pleased.

There's a number who would say we should be winning all 5, and that's where the problems come in.

We could have had better results in individual games obviously, and we haven't played well in every game or even really for a complete 90 minutes yet.

However, any realistic expectation of what we should be achieving has been met and overall the progress has been very good, especially as we've got a significant number of new players integrating into the team.

We now enter a run of very winnable games on paper, and those are a test for us because those type of games we've been awful at for a long time.

A_A wehatethehibs
28 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

He should play what he believes is  our strongest team and style and do less worrying about the opposition. Let the lesser teams worry about us.

Hows he supposed to know what the strongest team and style is if he doesn’t try a few different ones out? 

28 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Agree and it's a fair point, it works both ways though.

Let's also though move away from people talking about the good he did last time. Clean slate from when he came back for his second stint. 

We weren't the better team yesterday though, it was 0-0. Football is measured on scoring and not conceding, we both achieved the same. There's no medals for possession.

Ok!  We played more good football than Hibs.

Jeeezzz!

We've had a decent start, decent. Still need a natural centre-half to replace Berra. I worry we'll get caught out by playing fullbacks in that area of the team through the season. That should've been one of the first things to sort out when we knew Berra was leaving. Also missing a striker as we are relying too heavily on Boyce to score goals as well as drop into a hole behind him. Plenty width with GMS, Ginelly, McKay and Woodburn (to a lesser extent) but we only have Gnanduillet to replace Boyce if he's injured or suspended. In yesterday's game when they took off Woodburn i would've expected Walker to come in there. He has more derby experience than all of the others and he had a point to prove to his manager. Chances are he'd have got a shot away at some point. 

We have a very decent squad at the moment but not sorting out the central defensive area and not recruiting another striker could easily be the difference to where we finish at the end of the season. I'd hate to look back and think..what if. 

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Gambo said:

2 points from 6 in last 2 home games.

Aye, we're in a relegation dog fight, just like you wanted, sorry predicted. 

I think we'll stay up tho, you? 

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

There's a number who would say we should be winning all 5, and that's where the problems come in.

We could have had better results in individual games obviously, and we haven't played well in every game or even really for a complete 90 minutes yet.

However, any realistic expectation of what we should be achieving has been met and overall the progress has been very good, especially as we've got a significant number of new players integrating into the team.

We now enter a run of very winnable games on paper, and those are a test for us because those type of games we've been awful at for a long time.

100% agreed. 

If we can beat the shite teams consistently, we'll not only have turned a corner but find ourselves high up the league with the new lads getting fitter, sharper and gelling as we progress. 

Could, be quite exciting.