What is with all the doom and gloom?

Naisys Tackle

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

100% agreed. 

If we can beat the shite teams consistently, we'll not only have turned a corner but find ourselves high up the league with the new lads getting fitter, sharper and gelling as we progress. 

Could, be quite exciting. 

Our next game will be a decent marker as to how well we have progressed. Away to Ross County is never easy so if we get a result up there then that is a sign we are heading in the right direction.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

• Pasquale for King

• Gambo

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

100% agreed. 

If we can beat the shite teams consistently, we'll not only have turned a corner but find ourselves high up the league with the new lads getting fitter, sharper and gelling as we progress. 

Could, be quite exciting. 

Correct, particularly away from home.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Our next game will be a decent marker as to how well we have progressed. Away to Ross County is never easy so if we get a result up there then that is a sign we are heading in the right direction.

4 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Correct, particularly away from home.

I think once a quarter of games are gone we'll have a good indication of how things are going. 

Right now, for me we still don't get enough bodies in the box, but we do create a few very good chances each game socan score. 

We are also generally quite tight at the back with Craig there so won't concede much. 

I'm more relaxed about away games right now than I have been for a long time. 

I agree with guys on another thread a 4132 is the way to go now. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

Cheap reply.  I don't know what's going on because I don't agree with the agenda. 

There are people making accusations.  Thsts why the word agenda is getting branded about. 

It's the same stuff from when levein was getting criticised.  It's getting used to stop any criticism. 

Can anyone show who has an agenda?

Turn it round and you'll see it's the same ones accusing others of having agendas or only criticising because they hate the person. 

Same few doing that.

I'll name them when someone  asks up their agenda claim.

It's a football team not a political party

It's not a cheap reply, there are plenty with a relentless, admitted, thing against Robbie. There are none so blind as those who will not see

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Diego10 said:

There's a number who would say we should be winning all 5, and that's where the problems come in.

We could have had better results in individual games obviously, and we haven't played well in every game or even really for a complete 90 minutes yet.

However, any realistic expectation of what we should be achieving has been met and overall the progress has been very good, especially as we've got a significant number of new players integrating into the team.

We now enter a run of very winnable games on paper, and those are a test for us because those type of games we've been awful at for a long time.

I find its because people can separate aims and expectations. I would want us to go into every game with the aim of winning it, but I would not expect us to win every game. 

As you say expectations need to be realistic, and we have met them or exceeded them so far, we can aim higher and would hope we do.

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I find its because people can separate aims and expectations. I would want us to go into every game with the aim of winning it, but I would not expect us to win every game. 

As you say expectations need to be realistic, and we have met them or exceeded them so far, we can aim higher and would hope we do.

:spoton:

Hearts are in the same basket as Aberdeen and Hibs - never going to win the title in the foreseeable future but will have spells with occasional cup wins and hopefully semi-regular qualification for Europe.  Those with higher expectations should maybe look elsewhere if they can't deal with the reality.

41 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's not a cheap reply, there are plenty with a relentless, admitted, thing against Robbie. There are none so blind as those who will not see

There are some who openly state they just don't like him but every critical post isn't just for that.  

The manager will make errors and e every post about that isn't someone with an agenda.

Posters say it's the same selective few that are doing this when it's the selective few who play that card against any criticism.

I'll name them when you do...

Bazzas right boot

The bunch of merry men who had us down for bottom 6 and a relegation battle should be all over this thread stating how happy they are that we are well above what they thought we'd be at this stage and are getting a good start to avoid relegation. 

Strange that they're not. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, we're in a relegation dog fight, just like you wanted, sorry predicted. 

I think we'll stay up tho, you? 

You will need to show me that post.

I have continually stated we will/should finish 3rd in spite of Neilson.

Stop talking pish please.

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

6 from 6 in last two away games

Correct. As it should be when playing St.Mirren and Dundee utd.

2 points from 6 in last 2 home games though. Disappointing. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

You will need to show me that post.

I have continually stated we will/should finish 3rd in spite of Neilson.

Stop talking pish please.

I do get mixed up from time to time with what posters had us down as bottom 6.

That much shite gets spouted by some it merges as one. 

If you had us down for third then you must be pleased, we are on for that, just like last time under Bob. 

👍

August Landmesser
11 minutes ago, Gambo said:

So, playing away to two of last season's bottom six teams (one of which beat the reigning champions in their previous home game) should be a guaranteed six points, yet when playing at home to the teams in 3rd & 4th last season, coming away unbeaten is disappointing. Double standards much?

Think how Hibs and Aberdeen fans feel - playing away to the newly promoted side, and failing to win. They should have had a guaranteed three points each. Ross & Glass oot!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This. 2 wins in 10. Its a huge thing.

2 wins out of the last 3, its a huge thing, no defeats. 

2 wins in 10 isn't even accurate :rofl:

Edited by Sir Gio

22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I do get mixed up from time to time with what posters had us down as bottom 6.

That much shite gets spouted by some it merges as one. 

If you had us down for third then you must be pleased, we are on for that, just like last time under Bob. 

👍

We could be doing it with better football.

Neilson not getting the most out of squad at his disposal as recent 2 home games show.....imo.

Too cautious for my liking and that has always been my gripe with him and Levein.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

100%

11 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

So, playing away to two of last season's bottom six teams (one of which beat the reigning champions in their previous home game) should be a guaranteed six points, yet when playing at home to the teams in 3rd & 4th last season, coming away unbeaten is disappointing. Double standards much?

Think how Hibs and Aberdeen fans feel - playing away to the newly promoted side, and failing to win. They should have had a guaranteed three points each. Ross & Glass oot!

Couldnae give a hoot about what Aberdeen fans or Hibs fans think.

We played 2 rivals for 3rd at home and disappointingly as a Hearts fan we only took 2 points out of 6.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Gambo said:

Neilson not getting the most out of squad at his disposal as recent 2 home games show.....imo.

Too cautious for my liking and that has always been my gripe with him and Levein.

Absolutely nothing cautious about yesterday, you might want to take a look at Hibs chances in the game, not created by pressure, but from space offered by how many players committed forwards.

Utter nonsense and drivel to perpetuate personal agendas that are laughable in the face of games like yesterday. BBC team were rightly mocking the knockers of both teams in the aftermath. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Spot on 

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Couldnae give a hoot about what Aberdeen fans or Hibs fans think.

We played 2 rivals for 3rd at home and disappointingly as a Hearts fan we only took 2 points out of 6.

We also played a (potential) rival for second, and took three points. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on 

What should we have been doing yesterday to become even more attacking. Not a person I have spoke to or heard, who are neutral, that didnt think Hearts should have won or played good football.

Desperate :lol:

While disappointed we didn't beat Hibs or Aberdeen I thought the performance yesterday was a big improvement. If we draw our next 2 home games I will be concerned. I'm optimistic of 9 points in our next 3 games though.

August Landmesser
15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Absolutely nothing cautious about yesterday, you might want to take a look at Hibs chances in the game, not created by pressure, but from space offered by how many players committed forwards.

Utter nonsense and drivel to perpetuate personal agendas that are laughable in the face of games like yesterday. BBC team were rightly mocking the knockers of both teams in the aftermath. 

:oohmatron:

Didn't think yesterday was too bad. 

We had them under pressure more than they had us under pressure. They are apparently the best team out with the old firm but didn't look like anything special. Quite a lot of hoofs for a supposed flair side. 

Have moaned a lot about Robbie but we have started the season better than I expected and have played fairly well. As long as we keep it up I'll keep my gripes to a minimum. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Gordon Ramsay said:

Didn't think yesterday was too bad. 

We had them under pressure more than they had us under pressure. They are apparently the best team out with the old firm but didn't look like anything special. Quite a lot of hoofs for a supposed flair side. 

Have moaned a lot about Robbie but we have started the season better than I expected and have played fairly well. As long as we keep it up I'll keep my gripes to a minimum. 

Playing pretty well, combos in the final third aren't quite there yet, it hasn't gelled but when you consider that the players in that area have not had a huge amount of time, its not a surprise if frustrating. 

Next 3/4 weeks before next international wave would like to think it will come together, Hibs had continuity and only thrived off hitting us on the break. Really good shape to Hearts, they look confident and strong on the ball and defend well with a terrific keeper. 

Apart from the lack of polish in the final third, Smith still lacking a bit going forwards and Halkett seems to have taken Pospescus dodgy habit of holding on to it, waiting patiently for a pass before making a horrible one.

39 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

7 primarily defensive players in starting line up is cautious in my book.

Plenty primarily attack minded playerson bench so other options were available.

Yes these players got forwards but did not have that attacking mindset that might have made a difference.

Too many tippy tappy passes in final 3rd for my liking.

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

6 from 6 in last two away games.

Correct, as it should be v St.Mirren and Dundee Utd.

We picked up 2 points from 6 in our 2 most recent home games v our probable rivals for 3rd...FACT, disappointing (opinion) return.

45 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

We also played a (potential) rival for second, and took three points. 

Correct again. Still only took 2 points from last 2 home games.

SuperstarSteve
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

3 tough home game to be fair. Granted we took 3 points off our toughest opponents. 

If we can get a draw/win against dons and scum away we have atleast matched or bettered them. Can’t have them picking up 3 points when we visit, Celtic away is different as that’s 3 points lost unless a miracle happens. 

HeartsandonlyHearts

Robbie Neilson must be some Shagger.

Some insecure male Hearts fans must fear leaving the house with him floating around Edinburgh.

15 hours ago, karipidis said:

Let’s break down the 2 in 8.

league games when it’s mattered - 1 win 3 draws 

cup games - 1 win in a SC semi final, 1 draw and a loss in SC 4th round.

Doesn’t seem a bad enough record to call him out on. And if you actually paid attention to Hibs you will realise they are a better team now than they have been in a very long time. 

Even just reading the opening posts its clear some think Hibs are unchanging. Away from the banter of 'Hibs are pish' not sure this stands up. 

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

What should we have been doing yesterday to become even more attacking. Not a person I have spoke to or heard, who are neutral, that didnt think Hearts should have won or played good football.

Yeah well every Hearts supporter I spoke to wasn’t impressed in the slightest. 
How many times did the three CHs break forward and commit men, 6 times at the most? Play Kingsley as a wing back as he can actually cross the ball? Leave Woodburn and GMS on a bit longer when they were creating chances. Put Gnanduillet on instead of Ginnelly. Go to a back four to commit a man further forward. Put a more attack minded CM on. 
None of that was done because of the managers usual negativity and he actually enjoyed a nil nil draw at home to Hibs. I would call that desperate. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah well every Hearts supporter I spoke to wasn’t impressed in the slightest. 
How many times did the three CHs break forward and commit men, 6 times at the most? Play Kingsley as a wing back as he can actually cross the ball? Leave Woodburn and GMS on a bit longer when they were creating chances. Put Gnanduillet on instead of Ginnelly. Go to a back four to commit a man further forward. Put a more attack minded CM on. 
None of that was done because of the managers usual negativity and he actually enjoyed a nil nil draw at home to Hibs. I would call that desperate. 

I take it you've handed your CV into the club for the head coach/manager's position?

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, karipidis said:

Let’s break down the 2 in 8.

league games when it’s mattered - 1 win 3 draws 

cup games - 1 win in a SC semi final, 1 draw and a loss in SC 4th round.

Doesn’t seem a bad enough record to call him out on. And if you actually paid attention to Hibs you will realise they are a better team now than they have been in a very long time. 

So you just miss out the loss because it doesn’t fit in with your argument? When is any derby meaningless? You should’ve told myself and the other 3.8k fans who were there beforehand. 
Six of those games were when they were in the Championship, they are a better team now though. 
Two wins in 8 is as poor a ratio as any Hearts manager since the 1970s. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I take it you've handed your CV into the club for the head coach/manager's position?

It’s hard enough getting them to give me a season ticket card that works without offering my services. Thankfully Savage seems to have sorted the recruitment side. Now the ticket office, shop and the rest of the stand. 
Football management is not some sort of mystical job that only geniuses can work out, look at the dummies that earn millions from doing it. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Trying not to get involved too much in any debates. I think we did fine yesterday and although a win would have been great I thought it was a cracking tie between two good teams.

3 minutes ago, Homme said:

Trying not to get involved too much in any debates. I think we did fine yesterday and although a win would have been great I thought it was a cracking tie between two good teams.

Please dont talk sense - give us some negativity will ya - surely a Nelly out for no reason at the very least - or a moan about playing 2 cms - what about your seat was it uncomfortable?

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s hard enough getting them to give me a season ticket card that works without offering my services. Thankfully Savage seems to have sorted the recruitment side. Now the ticket office, shop and the rest of the stand. 
Football management is not some sort of mystical job that only geniuses can work out, look at the dummies that earn millions from doing it. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476oy6xmmwyqxvc1k7x2

So, if you think the football managers earning millions are dummies, why are you working in a bar?

51 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We could be doing with Boyce in the box a bit more. We played well on Sunday imo but there are a few things that just aren’t right. We attacked plenty but we’ve now scored one goal from open play in the last three games (I’m not counting Boyce’s rebound). Either find a way to play with 4 proper attacking players, rather than three, or play a more attacking midfielder than Haring to push through the middle. 

4 minutes ago, Homme said:

+1 for this viewpoint.

Felt a bit of a missed opportunity. Definitely felt we shaded the game, but could easily have lost it as well. Both teams trying to play good football and trying to win.

Lots of the posts seem to either be posters that won't change their view regardless of the performance (e.g. we were negative and scared of losing) or were written with the benefit of hindsight (e.g. we shouldn't have put Ginnelly on).

13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Thought we played well on Saturday. Still a bit of work to be done on the team but the midfield looks much better than it has for a few years.  

You should join in the debate on Sundays game.

st mirren fan to dundee united fan

"I mean how do you lose two goals at home to a team with 2 defensive mids"

" **** knows"

Edited by 160598