****Official Dundee Utd V Hearts matchday thread****

GinRummy

Aussie Jambo

Obviously I wasn’t at the game but did any else lose 15-20 minutes of first half as Dundee Utd ****ed up big time on handling crowds? Or was it a ploy to piss us off? My cousin missed 15 minutes and he said the cue behind him was massive. Well done Utd. 👏👏

C78E52AE-2DD2-4BB1-9E82-C66EBC95694B.jpeg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• GinRummy

• King prawn

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I get you with your first para but I think we are getting much better at getting that back line higher up the pitch more quickly than we did last season. The passing between the 3 is generally slicker and we appear to be opening up more forward options for passes.

It’s still a work in progress but I think with better players in the team overall the cogs are all starting to line up better.

This is true.

Was a really good performance. My only slight gripe was that we look much poorer when we switch to a back 4 and we looked much more comfortable as soon as we brought Moore on and went back to a 3.

5 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

👍Both correct… there isn’t another keeper anywhere, I’d rather have between the sticks, at the moment.  Genuinely believe he is one of the best in (at least) Britain. 

So true, we were having a debate in the pub tonight about who is better Craig or McGregor, Craig all the way for me, ended up about 50/50 between us, neutrals & huns

14 minutes ago, Mort said:

This is true.

Was a really good performance. My only slight gripe was that we look much poorer when we switch to a back 4 and we looked much more comfortable as soon as we brought Moore on and went back to a 3.

Thought it was a decent tactical switch to try. Halliday struggling to defend against pace for the second week running so we put Cochrane out left and Halliday stepped inside to make a 3 across midfield. Wasn’t done for long but Cochrane did a decent job closing the door on Watson. I don’t think RN really wanted to play Moore but left with no choice really once Halliday was injured. Moore slotted in fine didn’t he though ? 10 minutes just but looked comfortable right away

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

No pleasantly surprised at 4 on target.

Nice try. It's the number that end up in the back of the net vis-a-vis the opposition that counts.

TyphoonJambo
3 hours ago, Gorgi1874 said:

Any rumours of how Woodburn is getting on? Would like to see him in the Derby, hope it's just cramp or a niggle.

Robbie said just tired,no real issue.

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Nice try. It's the number that end up in the back of the net vis-a-vis the opposition that counts

Glad to hear you can count, am in the happy house as a Hearts win away from home is such an unusual occurrence especially by 2 goals, must be awhile since that happened in SPL.

27 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Glad to hear you can count, am in the happy house as a Hearts win away from home is such an unusual occurrence especially by 2 goals, must be awhile since that happened in SPL.

Oh, I can count; believe me. The usual football stats are almost meaningless without context.

I've witnessed us (Hearts) having 22 attempts on goal and scoring only 2 ... and winning with only one chance in 90 mins.

To score 2 with so few opportunities is good (but it's what class teams do). Gordon was immence, and we should be laughing our socks off having him (although his distribution isn't always the best). 🙃

I, personally, cannae wait to get into my 'proper' seat for the derby game.

I've been behind the goals for the Cove game, shunted to the side for the ICT game, stuck in the Gorgie Suite for the cup game, blah, blah, blah ...

We are looking good for the up-coming fixtures, so all is well thus far.

I'll be in my proper seat for the derby game and, with the home support behind us, I'm thinking 7-0 to send the Hibbys/Hi-bees back to Lochend with their tails between their legs.

❤❤G❤

Edited by Wee Mikey

56 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Oh, I can count; believe me. The usual football stats are almost meaningless without context.

I've witnessed us (Hearts) having 22 attempts on goal and scoring only 2 ... and winning with only one chance in 90 mins.

To score 2 with so few opportunities is good (but it's what class teams do). Gordon was immence, and we should be laughing our socks off having him (although his distribution isn't always the best). 🙃

I, personally, cannae wait to get into my 'proper' seat for the derby game.

I've been behind the goals for the Cove game, shunted to the side for the ICT game, stuck in the Gorgie Suite for the cup game, blah, blah, blah ...

We are looking good for the up-coming fixtures, so all is well thus far.

I'll be in my proper seat for the derby game and, with the home support behind us, I'm thinking 7-0 to send the Hibbys/Hi-bees back to Lochend with their tails between their legs.

❤❤G❤

Take 1-0 in that game.

On 27/08/2021 at 11:47, Skacelsid said:

Would like McEneff starting and being allowed to do what we thought we signed him for.

I agree. I think this laddie has goals in him given the chance.