****Official Dundee Utd V Hearts matchday thread****

GinRummy

3 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Same crowd peddling it.

You have to admire their persistence.

If we win “poooof” gone never to be seen till the next match day thread and then “abracadabra!!!” as if by magic they appear.

Well I’m not blowing my own trumpet.

However.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• GinRummy

• King prawn

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GMS has won us 2 pens and basically 6 points. Scottish defenders (mostly big tree pullers) don't like wee guys with fast feet. Unfortunately, in Scotland, fans don't seem to like wee guys who can't stay up when the tree pullers batter them. 

My MOTM today would be Cochranes. Love how he doesn't give in. Doesn't loose many 1v1. 

Great result away from home. Although not a perfect performance it's still very positive 4 games into the season with new guys on their way to help us move forward. 

Going to be a great evening. 

best in the land
16 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You are a hard task master. 

He's lucky if his game time has stretched to 90 minutes this season. 

In that time he has been involved in two winning goals and the clincher today. 

He also gets back to help when we are under pressure. 

Not just talking about this season. 

Not given enough since he joined. 

Looks half arsed when competing for 50/50s. 

Would like to see him on end of crosses in box. 

Wide players not really giving him that service there though so hopefully will in future. 

best in the land
18 minutes ago, Chong said:

Give Souttar what he wants....what a player

Really hope he stays fit and stays longer. Worth a big wedge for us and will play at higher level in couple of years. 

Actually looks better than before injury so far. 

2 hours ago, hearts00 said:

I tell you what Neilson has put his neck on the line here. 

In a game we are utterly dominant in he has changed formation again for absolutely no reason. 

Dundee United put 2 attackers on. Every good manager will respond to that. 

Some amount of shite on here today. 

Konrad von Carstein

I watched this on UtdTV (dont ask me why,  I don't know.)

Listening to the pair of commentators it seemed that we were playing a team in the mold of Peps' Barcelona and we were very fortunate to be on the same pitch as them.

One of them was almost crying at the end.

:lol:

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Dicks everywhere frank. 

Never mind, as I said earlier they'll be up to their baws in frustration for the next couple of weeks.

Its the same every bloody week and has been for six months.

The desperation and seethe is staggering.  They must be hurting bad tonight.

:verysmug:

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Why? They've played no-one and couldn't even beat Dundee. Three shots on target today against a very poor Livingston.

Just believe we need to up the tempo ,go 1 up and we start sitting back , why not just go for it , they were there for the taking and we made hard work of it 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Up our game my arse. 

These tramps have only beaten the dregs of the division. 

Next up they are playing us and I reckon their farters will be requiring some medical attention one they have had the maroon bazooka up them.

My opinion jono , felt we sat back in 2nd half , should have went for jugular and that would have been it ,let's have a go at the tramps and give them a doing 

6 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Listening to the pair of commentators it seemed that we were playing a team in the mold of Peps' Barcelona and we were very fortunate to be on the same pitch as them.

Pub team. If had to support that shower I would be crying too. 

11 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Wish I had listened to that. You know you could have switched to Away Support and had Laurie and Jamie Borthwick doing commentary?

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, spacerjoe said:

You hate him? 

Sorry misspell i meant rate him..........honest.

I am in the robbie out camp, hate is such a strong word so it was tongue in cheek. Robbie is making it harder for me to want him out so I'm pleased with that.

highlandjambo3
13 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I had PPV on the away team tab but was logged out with 10 minutes to go, when I logged back in I accidentally clicked the home team tab and had to listen to two roasters for the last 5 minutes………. All I heard were things like “the score does not reflect the game……we were lucky we had a world class keeper”…..bitter to the end.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Sorry misspell i meant rate him..........honest.

I am in the robbie out camp, hate is such a strong word so it was tongue in cheek. Robbie is making it harder for me to want him out so I'm pleased with that.

😂

I thought first half we looked very good. After the goal they were always going to come into it. Other than a couple of saves from Craig we still bossed that game. Gino definitely better off the bench. 

10 minutes ago, Marczero said:

Just believe we need to up the tempo ,go 1 up and we start sitting back , why not just go for it , they were there for the taking and we made hard work of it 

We came out in the second half and ripped into them again, then they made two subs and changed their formation, we had to adjust. I don't think we sat back on purpose, once we adjusted we were into them again. They had maybe a 10-15 minute spell when they looked dangerous. We dealt with it.

Central Belt 1874
18 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Had a good laugh at those two this afternoon too.

We dominated most of the game. Were in total control.

Credit to Hearts and Neilson. Great start to the season.

Absolutely controlled and dominated game for 70 minutes without perhaps creating an abundance of chances. Eventually they came into game and put some pressure which we inevitably dealt with before killing game. That's it🇱🇻🇱🇻

28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's laughable.

He called it spot on today. 

15 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I had PPV on the away team tab but was logged out with 10 minutes to go, when I logged back in I accidentally clicked the home team tab and had to listen to two roasters for the last 5 minutes………. All I heard were things like “the score does not reflect the game……we were lucky we had a world class keeper”…..bitter to the end.

Losers to a man!

But what do you expect from a team with the name:

dundee hibernian

Edited by Sidelight

Guest ToqueJambo
25 minutes ago, Marczero said:

we didn’t make hard work of it at all. That was as convincing an away win as you’ll see all season.

Konrad von Carstein
18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Wish I had listened to that. You know you could have switched to Away Support and had Laurie and Jamie Borthwick doing commentary?

Yes.

Not a fan of them either TBH...

Signed

A.  Grumpy Arse :)

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Rhetorical question:-

Do we have the best 'keeper in the SPL, or do we have the best 'keeper? 😁

👍Both correct… there isn’t another keeper anywhere, I’d rather have between the sticks, at the moment.  Genuinely believe he is one of the best in (at least) Britain. 

45 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And a back 5 when you are one up can’t cope with that? Please do explain. 

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

Had a good laugh at those two this afternoon too.

We dominated most of the game. Were in total control.

Credit to Hearts and Neilson. Great start to the season.

I could barely hear them over the singing from the huge away support, well done every single one of them, no doubt they enjoyed being at an away game again. 

17 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

You seem way too hell bent on focussing on the possibility Dundee Utd had 10mins of a game as opposed to us bossing it for 80mins 😒 give over ya miserable sod

1 hour ago, Barack said:

I'd imagine he does. Not sure why folk are quick to denigrate him.

I'm sure people far more intelligent than I, could provide theories as to why.

Boyce linked the play extremely well for the majority of the game to be honest. The way we controlled the pace of the game, particularly in the first half was down to the amount of running Boyce did, constantly manoeuvring defenders out of position, creating space for overlaps by our wingbacks. He was phenomenal and on another day would have had a few more goals to his name. He tired along with in particular Beni as the second half wore on, but we should have been out of sight by then. I haven't' watched us play with such dominance for quite some time (SPL games), and I think there is going to be a bit of a hiding handed out when it all clicks in the final third. Here's hoping it's against the muppet men.

1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I'd maybe keep this same team for the derby(except Gino for Woodburn and Kingsley in for Halliday moving Cochrane to LWB)

Would like to see McEneff get some more run in the team and excited to see what Devlin can bring but I'm not sure a derby is the best place for a debutant.

That said I was skeptical about Beni making his debut against Celtic and we all know how that went...

Making his debut in an Edinburgh Derby, didn't phase Mark De Vries one iota.

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Well I’m not blowing my own trumpet.

However.

If you could, you'd never leave the hoose!

24 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

You are consistently negative. Which is fair enough. There is a lot of room for improvement. 

And we'll have a different defence next time. 

But basically 1 or 2 or 3 attackers does give different challenges. Neilson has gone for a back 3 as the default. Which is part of an overall system. But he has changed it after 70 minutes to back 4. 

And Hearts won 2-0 today. The point is to win. 

JudyJudyJudy

Just watching the highlights ! What a superb performance from Craig Gordon . Stunning really ! 

38 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

We did cope with it, they didn't score, consequently they lost. Were you watching a different game?

Edited by argyjambo

On 27/08/2021 at 11:32, Bluesy1874 said:

I predict a 0-2 win with Woodburn and Gnando in the scoresheet. 

Correct score and almost correct with both scorers. Will take that. 

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Just watching the highlights ! What a superb performance from Craig Gordon . Stunning really ! 

Where are you seeing the highlights J?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, RussAsia said:

We were excellent in the first half and hopefully that is how we go into all away games.

However we scored just before half time and we noticeably sat back and let them come onto us for most of the 2nd half. I don't see why we didn't just play the same as we had done in the first half.

However as long as we get 3 points I don't care how we play. Hopefully we can get the team ready for the derby and there's not too many of them away for internationals.

We sat back?

Or United got a rocket up their arse at half time and as the home team came out and attacked more effectively.

There are two teams on a football pitch and no team dominates the ball for the whole 90. We even almost matched Celtic second half at theirs.

38 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Do you ever say anything positive? Come across as a hibby pretending to be a Hearts fan. Why no capital H and what's with the 00?

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Bbc Scotland just now 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

It’s repeated on bbc tonight at 1230 

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

We were superb, but Craig was off the scale, a different level. We're so lucky to have him.

JudyJudyJudy

Only negatives today was Robbies Barnet !!! Needs shorn . The long hair look is outdated especially when going bald 👩‍🦲 😂

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, whodanny said:

We were superb, but Craig was off the scale, a different level. We're so lucky to have him.

Yep ! Spider man really 😂