• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• William H. Bonney

• GinRummy

• Doc Rob

• Tazio

6 minutes ago, 160598 said:

What is that on the boys napper on 38 seconds ?

No idea. Though it was maybe glue stuff they put on your head till it’s gets stitched but too much of it. 

edit. It’s alan McManus. Had to look him up. Forgot all about him.

Edited by GinRummy

Kalamazoo Jambo
7 minutes ago, 160598 said:

What is that on the boys napper on 38 seconds ?

It’s Alan McManus and… I don’t know

rudiatemyhamster
On 27/08/2021 at 16:51, Paolo said:

Double on his debut, then not much else after that.  

Big money he was reportedly on too.

On 26/08/2021 at 21:12, Furious Styles said:

Peter van de ven is a player I have zero recollection of. He played 39 games for hearts and I can’t remember one. It’s really odd because normally you remember something, but with him, nothing. 

I recall him pretty well, oddly enough. Thought he was decent.

Gordon Durie!! Honestly would have sworn he never played for us. Genuinely thought someone was taking the piss with that one until I checked his Wiki article. 16 appearances in 2000-1.

Mo Johnston is another I bet a lot of people have forgotten about.

indianajones

Anyone watching the void just now on ITV? 

Former hearts player on it but I can't remember his name. John something... Anyone help? 

3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Anyone watching the void just now on ITV? 

Former hearts player on it but I can't remember his name. John something... Anyone help? 

Noticed that, absolutely no idea who he is though!

Edited by scottishguy

indianajones
9 minutes ago, scottishguy said:

Noticed that, absolutely no idea who he is though!

Recognise him a lot. Played for Dundee utd too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/08/2021 at 19:18, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Gone but not forgotten…

Didn't realise him big Gilles played in the same side in France. They both scored pens in the 1988 cup final versus Metz.

Edited by feej

On 26/08/2021 at 09:30, Salad Fingers said:

I seen him playing in a friendly for Morton v. Arthurlie a few years later. His name rang a bell at the time and I remember thinking he had played for Hearts but have absolutely no recollection of him in a maroon shirt. 

He came on loan from Fulham then owned by Mohamed Al Fayed.  Remember at his press conference he displayed his Harrods Shopping Card that was a perk for Fulham players.. Scott Severin shouted out "Thats nothing we get a Gold Card for McDonalds here"

Watching an unrelated video and saw Faycal Rherras playing for us - totally forgot about him. Even went on to sign for Hibs...

Looks like he has now been without a club for a year and is still just 28 years old. Another in a long list of players that end up nowhere after leaving us. 

Bazzas right boot

NI Guy.

Long ish hair but also  bald. 

David iirc, can't remember second name 

Early 90's.. 

54 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

NI Guy.

Long ish hair but also  bald. 

David iirc, can't remember second name 

Early 90's.. 

David Mc Creery

On 06/09/2021 at 06:29, ri Alban said:

Meshino, mind him 

He was supposed to be an absolute baller.  Showed some good touches, but I think the overall shiteness of our team that season made him a luxury we couldn't afford.

If we were flying high, I reckon he'd have been ace, and we'd have regretted only having him on loan.

Oh well!

On 28/08/2021 at 19:53, Doc Rob said:

I recall him pretty well, oddly enough. Thought he was decent.

Gordon Durie!! Honestly would have sworn he never played for us. Genuinely thought someone was taking the piss with that one until I checked his Wiki article. 16 appearances in 2000-1.

Mo Johnston is another I bet a lot of people have forgotten about.

Durie 2 goals on his hearts debut......

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Gav M said:

Fernando screpis, Argentinian I think

Forget Pinilla and Haring, Screpis took hairbands to a different level.

Edited by ToqueJambo

I was doing one of those Sporcle quizzes that as something like "every keeper to make an appearance for Hearts since 1995" The only one that I missed was somebody called Gary O'Connor, played three times for us in the 90s?

I've forgotten the name of the guy on the horse at Musselburgh.   Think he was on page 101 of Vlad's dossier.   He was probably sh1te - anyone know his name ?

On 25/08/2021 at 23:25, Bunny Munro said:

I never forgot these players played for us, but I was shocked at how long they played for us.

Both Eggert Jonnson and David Obua were involved under Paulo Sergio, which I find extraordinary.

Jonsson was amazing on Football Manager.

2 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

I've forgotten the name of the guy on the horse at Musselburgh.   Think he was on page 101 of Vlad's dossier.   He was probably sh1te - anyone know his name ?

Polish player. Would have been better with the horse. Klimek

Edited by Riccarton3

12 hours ago, gazzajt said:

John Sharples, there`s a belter, 1991 - 94 never played a game

He did.

I got talking to a guy in Manchester who told me he lived next door to a Hearts legend- John Sharpled.

10 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Polish player. Would have been better with the horse. Klimek

👍 Thats him.  LondonHearts says he made 2 appearances.   File under  donkey.

A couple of lines down is one of the wonderkids we allegedly had - Kostadinov - another was the Romanian boy Copil that McGlynn bought a laptop for.    There might have been another one, can't remember the name though.

50 minutes ago, Meadows said:

For some reason, Willie Irvine came to mind reading this. Anyone else remember they'd forgotten him ? 

I remembered that I hadn't forgotten him   😉   .... however according to London Hearts, he didn't make any first team appearance at all.    Yet I seem to remember seeing him play in a match at Tyecastle, maybe as a sub.

We need another thread -  "Players you thought you'd remembered playing  for Hearts but forgot that they didn't"   😕

6 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I remembered that I hadn't forgotten him   😉   .... however according to London Hearts, he didn't make any first team appearance at all.    Yet I seem to remember seeing him play in a match at Tyecastle, maybe as a sub.

We need another thread -  "Players you thought you'd remembered playing  for Hearts but forgot that they didn't"   😕

I would have sworn he played. 

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

👍 Thats him.  LondonHearts says he made 2 appearances.   File under  donkey.

A couple of lines down is one of the wonderkids we allegedly had - Kostadinov - another was the Romanian boy Copil that McGlynn bought a laptop for.    There might have been another one, can't remember the name though.

Kostadinov had a brother that posted on Kickback.

Came across as a sound guy.

Rais M'Bolhi, Algerian GK. Cup of Nations winner and played at 2 world cups. Never had a single first team appearance and left after he refused a loan moan to Kaunas. Signed in the 05/06 transfer windows. Weirdest contract too, 6 months initial contract with the option of a 4 year extension 😂

Edited by CloustonHMFC

15 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Rais M'Bolhi, Algerian GK. Cup of Nations winner and played at 2 world cups. Never had a single first team appearance and left after he refused a loan moan to Kaunas. Signed in the 05/06 transfer windows. Weirdest contract too, 6 months initial contract with the option of a 4 year extension 😂

If only Loic Damour & Maloury Martin had been signed like that.

For some reason M'Bohli has made the name Wilfred Euifo (sp) pop into mu head. Can't remember anything about him including his position or if he ever played.

11 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

I'm convinced he did play at least a few games. 

I know he played in a pre season friendly tournament at Isle of Man but thought he played a few league games as well. 

1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

Played in the youths/reserves with a couple of my mates.

Baffled pretty much everyone why he was there. He was awful.

Ouefio apparently "dazzled" in a trial bounce game so got a short term contract. He didn't seem to settle in Scotland, however. The game I remember was the weird one at Fir Park where stats showed (I remember roughly):

Motherwell 8 shots, 6 on target

Hearts 26 shots 8 on target

We lost 6-1...... Shows stats aren't the only thing to consider in a game! Ouefio played RWB and looked a lost young boy.

3 hours ago, JTJ said:

Ouefio apparently "dazzled" in a trial bounce game so got a short term contract. He didn't seem to settle in Scotland, however. The game I remember was the weird one at Fir Park where stats showed (I remember roughly):

Motherwell 8 shots, 6 on target

Hearts 26 shots 8 on target

We lost 6-1...... Shows stats aren't the only thing to consider in a game! Ouefio played RWB and looked a lost young boy.

I don't remember the guy - was he our Ali Dia ?

rudi must stay

6 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Played in the youths/reserves with a couple of my mates.

Baffled pretty much everyone why he was there. He was awful.

I remember him he also played v Rangers. He had golden boots