Players you forgot played for Hearts

mscjambo

8 hours ago, JTJ said:

Ouefio apparently "dazzled" in a trial bounce game so got a short term contract. He didn't seem to settle in Scotland, however. The game I remember was the weird one at Fir Park where stats showed (I remember roughly):

Motherwell 8 shots, 6 on target

Hearts 26 shots 8 on target

We lost 6-1...... Shows stats aren't the only thing to consider in a game! Ouefio played RWB and looked a lost young boy.

Two other players made their only appearance for Hearts in that particular match, David Dunn and John Knox.

Screenshot 2021-09-08 at 19.29.36.png

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• William H. Bonney

• GinRummy

• Doc Rob

• Tazio

wheatfield to sheffield
22 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

👍 Thats him.  LondonHearts says he made 2 appearances.   File under  donkey.

A couple of lines down is one of the wonderkids we allegedly had - Kostadinov - another was the Romanian boy Copil that McGlynn bought a laptop for.    There might have been another one, can't remember the name though.

Slovenian full back? And I can't remember his name either. Possibly once appeared on Soccer AM? 

3 hours ago, wheatfield to sheffield said:

Slovenian full back? And I can't remember his name either. Possibly once appeared on Soccer AM? 

matej rapnik, was on soccer am skills school with Gary Glen

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Rais M'Bolhi, Algerian GK. Cup of Nations winner and played at 2 world cups. Never had a single first team appearance and left after he refused a loan moan to Kaunas. Signed in the 05/06 transfer windows. Weirdest contract too, 6 months initial contract with the option of a 4 year extension 😂

This wins the thread. 

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

This wins the thread. 

I’m sure he got some stick on here after the Haymarket Service for not paying attention and fiddling with his phone during the service. 

The White Cockade

Colin Cramb 🙈

I saw Murray McDermott and Thomson Allan in goals for Hearts but struggle to actually remember it and they are not two names you would readily associate with us

John Gallagher is another one not mentioned much and Brian McNeil is one I’d prefer to forget

Stevie Hamilton was a full back I really rated but disappeared into obscurity and not many will remember Alex Hammill

Andy Tod

Ex Dunfermline player I forgot he ever played for us.

Just seen him scoring in one of Amoruso let's it runs videos.

Keep up the good work by the way 🙄👍

kawasakijambo
13 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Colin Cramb 🙈

I saw Murray McDermott and Thomson Allan in goals for Hearts but struggle to actually remember it and they are not two names you would readily associate with us

John Gallagher is another one not mentioned much and Brian McNeil is one I’d prefer to forget

Stevie Hamilton was a full back I really rated but disappeared into obscurity and not many will remember Alex Hammill

Met Alex in hospital, wiznae chuffed he got voted into one of the Hearts teams worst ever. Celtic obsessed.

Skippy Doodle
3 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Andy Tod

Ex Dunfermline player I forgot he ever played for us.

Just seen him scoring in one of Amoruso let's it runs videos.

Keep up the good work by the way 🙄👍

Cheers 

Samuel Camazzola
21 hours ago, Gav M said:

matej rapnik, was on soccer am skills school with Gary Glen

Only time I saw him play was during Robbie's testimonial. 

Juanjo, forgot about him until my brother mentioned it. I'd moved down South before he left the club. 

juanjo-carricondo-heart-of-midlothian-fc-edinburgh-tynecastle-24-september-JE0PGY.jpg

Edited by Marvin

On 25/08/2021 at 23:25, Beni said:

If I remember correctly, I've always had trouble listing things I've forgotten. 🤔

That's proper Bertrand Russell material mate

On 27/08/2021 at 19:18, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Gone but not forgotten…

Darren Beckford... wow blast from the past

On 08/09/2021 at 23:59, The White Cockade said:

Colin Cramb 🙈

I was about to say that he scored the winner in an away game I attended in Aberdeen, but I’ve just checked and that was Scott Leitch. Who is another one for this thread - had forgotten about him entirely.

I had mixed fortunes at Pittodrie when I was at Uni in Aberdeen. Attended three games. Hearts won two of them (unusual in the early 90s) but lost other one 6-2, having fought back from 2-0 down to 2-2 with half an hour remaining.

Edited by Doc Rob

On 27/08/2021 at 19:43, GinRummy said:

No idea. Though it was maybe glue stuff they put on your head till it’s gets stitched but too much of it. 

edit. It’s alan McManus. Had to look him up. Forgot all about him.

Always thought McManus was underrated. He and Paul Ritchie came through at the same time. They played in similar positions and even looked a bit alike. Ritchie was obviously a standout, and played more often, but McManus played a respectable 45 games for us. He often filled in for Ritchie (most notably in the Andy Thorn cup win v Celtic after the 4 red cards v Rangers) and looked absolutely solid whenever he did.

EDIT: there is no way that’s tissue glue on his head! Tissue glue comes in tiny tubes holding a few mls each, like superglue (essentially it’s the same stuff). Whatever is on McManus looks like it was applied with a fire hose.

Edited by Doc Rob

49 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Always thought McManus was underrated. He and Paul Ritchie came through at the same time. They played in similar positions and even looked a bit alike. Ritchie was obviously a standout, and played more often, but McManus played a respectable 45 games for us. He often filled in for Ritchie (most notably in the Andy Thorn cup win v Celtic after the 4 red cards v Rangers) and looked absolutely solid whenever he did.

EDIT: there is no way that’s tissue glue on his head! Tissue glue comes in tiny tubes holding a few mls each, like superglue (essentially it’s the same stuff). Whatever is on McManus looks like it was applied with a fire hose.

Good old vaseline to stop any leeks 😂 

Edited by Gav M

On 07/09/2021 at 14:03, Hectormasson said:

Durie 2 goals on his hearts debut......

Here’s an odd thing about Durie. As far as I can tell (feel free to re-educate me if you know better!) I think he is the only player ever to play for Hearts, Hibs and Rangers.

Nobody has ever played for all 4 of Hearts, Hibs, Rangers and Celtic.

Paul Hartley and Darren Jackson played for Hearts, Hibs and Celtic.

Mo Johnston and Steven Pressley played for Hearts, Rangers and Celtic.

Kenny Miller and (oddly) Mark Brown played for Hibs, Rangers and Celtic.

So (I think) there have actually been more players who played for both sides of the OF and one Edinburgh team than who played for both Edinburgh clubs and one of the OF.

Edited by Doc Rob

The White Cockade
12 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Here’s an odd thing about Durie. As far as I can tell (feel free to re-educate me if you know better!) I think he is the only player ever to play for Hearts, Hibs and Rangers.

Nobody has ever played for all 4 of Hearts, Hibs, Rangers and Celtic.

Paul Hartley and Darren Jackson played for Hearts, Hibs and Celtic.

Mo Johnston and Steven Pressley played for Hearts, Rangers and Celtic.

Kenny Miller and (oddly) Mark Brown played for Hibs, Rangers and Celtic.

So (I think) there have actually been more players who played for both sides of the OF and one Edinburgh team than who played for both Edinburgh clubs and one of the OF.

Alfie Conn played for Hearts, Celtic and Rangers

16 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Alfie Conn played for Hearts, Celtic and Rangers

So he did. So that’s 5-3 to the ‘both of the OF and one club in Embra’ group. You’d think the other would be bigger, given that not many players play for both Glasgow clubs, but turns out not many play for Hearts and Hibs either.