Players you forgot played for Hearts

mscjambo

I was struggling to sleep the other night and got to watching some of the excellent content particular hearts based accounts upload to YouTube. In particular Amoruso let's it run. Anyway getting sacked into YouTube land I was watching a few bits and thinking I totally forgot you played for us at one point. Maybe it's an age thing. For me the two were Danny Swanson and Fabian Leclerq. After watching bits obviously you remember, I can only recall watching Leclercq at fir Park maybe I want to say....

Just a random thought. Boys that you forgot that played for us. Must be a boatload from the Vlad era 😆 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• William H. Bonney

• GinRummy

• Doc Rob

• Tazio

I never forgot these players played for us, but I was shocked at how long they played for us.

Both Eggert Jonnson and David Obua were involved under Paulo Sergio, which I find extraordinary.

Edited by Bunny Munro

3 minutes ago, Beni said:

If I remember correctly, I've always had trouble listing things I've forgotten. 🤔

Was thinking the same. 😊

I'd have to look at a list to remember the players I've forgotten.

There’s so many. Names get mentioned saying they played for 2-3 seasons and it’s a complete nothing from me. So much so, still no idea of their names! 

Kalamazoo Jambo
9 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Kieran McAnespie

I have absolutely no recollection of him playing for Hearts. 6 games apparently.

Wilson Wood, Would You?
1 hour ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

I have absolutely no recollection of him playing for Hearts. 6 games apparently.

signed around the same time as Mark Burchill I think?

7 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

I watched a few old games on youtube lately and had completely forgotten Jeremy Goss played for us.

Remember him well, as he was our striker in FIFA 98: Road to the World Cup! 

rudiatemyhamster
2 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

He had a poor run at the JTs, looked lost

I’ll go for Gordon Durie.  Should never of been signed.

Might have been better as “Players you wish you could have forgotten ever played for Hearts”.  I can think of a few - quite a few.

1 hour ago, Wilson Wood, Would You? said:

signed around the same time as Mark Burchill I think?

I'd forgotten Burchill played for us ! 12 apps.

4 hours ago, Heres Rixxy said:

How can we tell you about the players we forgot played for us?

I’d forgotten Mark Burchill so this thread works once others have posted who they remember :lol: 

Салатные палочки
59 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Jim Bett

Surprised at that. He was excellent for us (in an albeit shite season). 

Салатные палочки
2 hours ago, Chaps said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-transfers-made-handful-appearances-17133205.amp

Came across this when googling Kieran McAnespie as had no idea who he was either :lol: 

I seen him playing in a friendly for Morton v. Arthurlie a few years later. His name rang a bell at the time and I remember thinking he had played for Hearts but have absolutely no recollection of him in a maroon shirt. 

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Lee Miller is a player that rarely gets a mention despite getting a good amount of goals in his wee spell with us.

He was a cracking player. I was gutted we couldn’t find the money to sign him. 

3 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Was that what it was. I can remember him well enough but didn't realise that was the reason he didn't stay.

17 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was that what it was. I can remember him well enough but didn't realise that was the reason he didn't stay.

Lee Miller didn’t sign because Vlad and/or Burley didn’t want him.

We could have signed him for £75,000 but decided not to iirc.

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Lee Miller didn’t sign because Vlad and/or Burley didn’t want him.

We could have signed him for £75,000 but decided not to iirc.

I thought it was because Bristol city were asking for too  much. 

Edited by Furious Styles

William H. Bonney
5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Thanks for that. Disappointed to read that. Miller would definitely have been a hit here. 

1 minute ago, Furious Styles said:

Thanks for that. Disappointed to read that. Miller would definitely have been a hit here. 

I think we were thinking bigger than Lee Miller…..Jankuaskas, Bernard and Pospisil were all brought in when he left.

But for £75k we should have signed him.

jambos are go!
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Lee Miller is a player that rarely gets a mention despite getting a good amount of goals in his wee spell with us.

And the player involved in the disputed penalty at Tynecastle that won Rangers the league. Before another debate IIRC he was quoted as saying "nine times out of ten you get away with it".

7 hours ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Having looked at some random seasons I'll say Roddy McKenzie. Mostly because he played as many as 54 competitive games!

As a kid watching Hearts I always thought he was a solid number 2 I was a bairn when he was at Hearts could of been well wrong haha. 

Alan Maybury. Heard his name mentioned on the radio the other day and had forgotten about him completely. Actually a fairly dependable player albeit with a mistake or two in him. Pity he went to the wee team.

1 minute ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Alan Maybury. Heard his name mentioned on the radio the other day and had forgotten about him completely. Actually a fairly dependable player albeit with a mistake or two in him. Pity he went to the wee team.

Agent Maybury did a fantastic job 😂