Reduce Hibs allocation.

carnockjambo

7 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

That’s wrong on so many counts,  ageism and disability for a start.

Surely charging everyone the same is the complete opposite of discrimination? 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• 1971fozzy

• jamboman9

• Boab

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Hate Hibs with a passion but it's got to be a full stand. Can't wait to see the reaction of our new boys, even last seasons recruits.

woodburn celebrating a goal Rudi style tellling them to get out :pleased::robboyas:

3 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Surely charging everyone the same is the complete opposite of discrimination? 

Charging everyone what they can afford is the opposite of discrimination.  Charging everyone the same disadvantages those with less money.  

I would always advocate full away ends at the Derby.  Apart from the inevitable one or two numpties either end it's always a good atmosphere.  However while there are restrictions priority must be given to home ST holders.  

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I think Hibs is unique that the derby is better when both teams get a full end. Uglies and everyone else can stay in that corner forever as far as I am concerned

You are of course assuming they can sell all their tickets.

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

What's the Red Zone for? 

It always adds more atmosphere to the stadium when there is a big away support 

36 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I would always advocate full away ends at the Derby.  Apart from the inevitable one or two numpties either end it's always a good atmosphere.  However while there are restrictions priority must be given to home ST holders.  

Make it all home supporters. 

Derby games are better with a full stand given to the away support at Tynecastle and Easter Road.

Everyone else, especially The Old Firm, should be limited to 2 sections.

2 hours ago, Spitonastranger said:

woodburn celebrating a goal Rudi style tellling them to get out :pleased::robboyas:

that was the best celebration ever.  Never tire watching it. 

45 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

There will be no away supporters at Ibrox on Sunday, officially.

Which knocks on the head the argument that some away fans have to be accommodated.

They don’t ! Not in the League anyway !

56 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Make it all home supporters. 

no no no .  We are better than that.

Full end to them. Makes it the best atmosphere

45 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

no no no .  We are better than that.

Full end to them. Makes it the best atmosphere

Would still be a great atmosphere and some walk ups may come back again and again. 

Fort Vallance
5 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

Edinburgh Derby is the best fixture in Scotland, leave it be. The rest should only be given the top half of 1 section

If you've ever been in a bottom section at Ibrox or Parkhead you wouldn't want opposition fans sitting above you. If it's half a section they have to be on the bottom. Skip the innuendo, heard them all.

Hibs should get the same as Aberdeen were given  , couldn't  careless about our allocation for Easter Road that's up to them .

Cater for our own fans , most of those bitter flumps were praying for us to get demoted , **** them 

6 hours ago, Section N Rules said:

By cutting their allocation we are further cutting the overall attendance as segregation will be needed. Hibs are the only ones who should get the full stand.

I agree with this. 

As much as we dislike Hibs, I believe there’s a “gentleman’s agreement” when it comes to giving them the full stand in return for the same for us at Easter Road whenever operationally practical. 

They normally shut up after 10 mins anyway :rofl: 

Jambo 4 Ever

Too many neds and idiots in both sides of fans if there are Hibs and hearts fans in the same stand.

will be embarrassing to watch them wave their arms at each other and shout abuse and with the odd idiot getting through the segregation to attempt a fight 

20 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

If you've ever been in a bottom section at Ibrox or Parkhead you wouldn't want opposition fans sitting above you. If it's half a section they have to be on the bottom. Skip the innuendo, heard them all.

Fans wouldn’t be in the same section !

What on earth !!

6 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Too many neds and idiots in both sides of fans if there are Hibs and hearts fans in the same stand.

will be embarrassing to watch them wave their arms at each other and shout abuse and with the odd idiot getting through the segregation to attempt a fight 

yep, which is why I’m sure it won’t happen. Every season ticket holder will get to see the game and there will be some walk ups as well. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Happened a few years ago at ER, when they were building Lego East stand. Dunbar end was split down the middle. 

Nothing worse seemed to happen than any other derby 

Fort Vallance
2 hours ago, Boab said:

Fans wouldn’t be in the same section !

What on earth !

No idea what you mean. My point was after sitting in the Broomloan lower at Ibrox and being pelted with pies pish and coins from the Broomloan upper it seems fairly straightforward to me.

On 24/08/2021 at 11:08, AlphonseCapone said:

I don't understand the distancing from fellow players in the stands. They train together, get changed in the same dressing room, go onto the park after games and shake hands/cuddle etc. 

It’s all pretence fro the cameras and Government. No one gives a sheight about the restrictions now but Hearts have to be seen to be doing all the can so wee nippy doesn’t close football down. 

Hibs are the only team worth giving the full away end to. They do the same for us in return, and it creates brilliant atmospheres at any Derby. 

Reducing their allocation, whilst giving more Hearts fans, would reduce the spectacle, and would set a petty precedent going forward that will be shite.   Good luck getting an away end ticket for Easter Road if they reduce our allocation to 800.

If every other team in the league brought the same number of fans that Hibs do to Tynecastle, I would argue for them getting the whole end as well.  More away fans make the Hearts fans raise their game, and raise the noise levels.   They don't though and we're lucky if we see more than a thousand supporters when the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee United come through.  We should do a deal where if they can sell out the whole stand a week before the game, they can have it.  If they can't, they get a limited section, which might put pressure on their clubs to actually shift them. 

Celtic and Rangers can do one though, they're more trouble than they are worth, and should get **** all. 

Government waiting 'til after Uglies derby to start limiting crowds anyway.

Edited by colinmaroon

John Findlay
16 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Hibs are the only team worth giving the full away end to. They do the same for us in return, and it creates brilliant atmospheres at any Derby. 

Reducing their allocation, whilst giving more Hearts fans, would reduce the spectacle, and would set a petty precedent going forward that will be shite.   Good luck getting an away end ticket for Easter Road if they reduce our allocation to 800.

If every other team in the league brought the same number of fans that Hibs do to Tynecastle, I would argue for them getting the whole end as well.  More away fans make the Hearts fans raise their game, and raise the noise levels.   They don't though and we're lucky if we see more than a thousand supporters when the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee United come through.  We should do a deal where if they can sell out the whole stand a week before the game, they can have it.  If they can't, they get a limited section, which might put pressure on their clubs to actually shift them. 

Celtic and Rangers can do one though, they're more trouble than they are worth, and should get **** all. 

If the Red Zones are still in force then I would suggest we have no option but to reduce their allocation. Vice versa at ER if there are still Red Zones.

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Happened a few years ago at ER, when they were building Lego East stand. Dunbar end was split down the middle. 

Nothing worse seemed to happen than any other derby 

But fans are too close together and some neds from hearts and Hibs support can’t be trusted to behave like adult humans 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

But fans are too close together and some neds from hearts and Hibs support can’t be trusted to behave like adult humans 

We could do with some sort of Perspex divider that can be moved around in the Roseburn, that G4S sign won’t cut it for a derby or a visit off the uglies. Should be plenty going around that can be melted down and remoulded just now. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Harry Potter
On 24/08/2021 at 11:02, Stewie Griffin said:

Given that even if we give hibs the full Roseburn all our season ticket holders will be able to attend there’s no reason we shouldn’t give them the full stand. All that would happen is they would end up doing the same to us at new year. 

this.

On 24/08/2021 at 11:11, J80MBO said:

I think there should be mutual agreement/understanding by both clubs to give full stand for derbies for away fans.

Happy to cut old firm tickets to annoy them them but think hibs/hearts there should be hatred but elemwnt mutual respect for the Edinburgh Derby that includes away allocation protection.

Agreed. Would hate us to sink to Old Firm levels over derby allocations.

The red zone nonsense needs reviewed - why do a few subs get to fill an entire section? Can't they sit next to each other behind the dugouts like they used to? Bizarre fans can sit next to each other but the subs can't.

43 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We could do with some sort of Perspex divider that can be moved around in the Roseburn, that G4S sign won’t cut it for a derby or a visit off the uglies. Should be plenty going around that can be melted down and remoulded just now. 

The really ugly G4S partitions were used when the OF only got half the Roseburn a few years ago. It was actually Dundee United who couldn't behave and that's why the partition takes up even more seats.

I wish the club would get some maroon ones instead. It looks so cheap and tacky with the white G4S one. A bit like that 'Foundation Plaza' sign though, so it's probably Budge or her pals who are happy with stuff like that...!

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Absolutely. The OF can GTF as far as I'm concerned.

Hibs for me are the only team who should get that full stand and the same in reverse for us at fester Road. The old firm I wouldn't lose sleep over giving their manky bigoted mob absolutely the bare minimum. 

But for Derby atmosphere I wouldn't cut the hibs allocation personally 

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We should be speaking to Hibs about the next game at ER, maybe act a bit more adult like than these childish scumbags. 
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12387253/celtic-supporters-unable-to-attend-old-firm-game-at-ibrox-as-rangers-rescind-ticket-offer

No point methinks, because who knows what the lurgy situation is going to be like on January 2nd

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, JCR said:

No point methinks, because who knows what the lurgy situation is going to be like on January 2nd

I think the fact the Rangers asked Celtic about the January fixture seems to indicate the red zones are here for the season, unfortunately.

18 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Hibs for me are the only team who should get that full stand and the same in reverse for us at fester Road. The old firm I wouldn't lose sleep over giving their manky bigoted mob absolutely the bare minimum. 

But for Derby atmosphere I wouldn't cut the hibs allocation personally 

This

5 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

No idea what you mean. My point was after sitting in the Broomloan lower at Ibrox and being pelted with pies pish and coins from the Broomloan upper it seems fairly straightforward to me.

So we would be in a lower section at Tynecastle with Hibs above us in the upper section.

That’s what you said, buddy.

Crazy when it’s spelt out eh !

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Boab said:

So we would be in a lower section at Tynecastle with Hibs above us in the upper section.

That’s what you said, buddy.

Crazy when it’s spelt out eh !

Sorry to interject but his initial post was a response to someone who said give them the top section in the corner. 
Meaning Hearts fans directly underneath them or in the next section. 

5 hours ago, tian447 said:

Give them nowt. 

29 minutes ago, underwaterwoodwelder said:

No it's better with a full stand of away support for a derby match.

Full Mexican wave. No thanks. 

Pasquale for King

As much as it’s great to beat them in front of a full

stand it simply might not be possible with the red zones in place. 

Got to give them them the whole stand, and likewise they will so when we visit the dump down fester road. Only teams we should be restricting are the OF teams , max 800 tickets  

2 hours ago, Papa John said:

Was at the ticket office today changing my season ticket seat and they told me all of the Roseburn will be allocated to Hibs fans.

Yeah heard the same today. God know where I will be relocated (red zone main) but I agree they should get the end.

Bazzas right boot
On 24/08/2021 at 13:36, legendary27 said:

Charging everyone what they can afford is the opposite of discrimination.  Charging everyone the same disadvantages those with less money.  

Easy Fix that. 

Get the pension up to standard with other European countries and increase disability help. 

Make sure there is a real living wage and affordable rent. 

Then charge everyone the same.