SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

Lord Montpelier
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Scots told not to buy XL bully dogs as Government set to ban breed | STV News

Why did they not do it at the same time as the rest of the UK?

****ing arseholes wait until the dogs all get dumped up here :cornette_dog:

We predicted this a few weeks ago

Couple of nationalists on here quite happy to have these dugs roaming around the country if I remember correctly 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

Nucky Thompson
10 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Couple of nationalists on here quite happy to have these dugs roaming around the country if I remember correctly 

Probably more to do with agreeing with anything the SNP do.

Japan Jambo
15 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I presume that if they are under 25 they aren't responsible for their actions anyway?

i wish jj was my dad
57 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Probably more to do with agreeing with anything the SNP do.

I recall having quite a debate with you about prioritising and asking if banning the dugs was the pressing priority for the government literally days after the worst and most damaging budget since devolution.  I even conceded it may well have been but I preferred governments to look at stuff on their own merits rather than responding to media headlines. 

The only political point I made was I found it odd that the same folk that moaned about nanny state wanted state intervention regardless of whether there was a case for it or not.  

Can't be arsed checking or not but suspect that the response from the other chap went along the lines of Boo, SNP and that was about it. 

I'm fine about it if they are planning to ban the dugs up here if they've done the homework and reached a considered decision rather than jumping to the tune of the daily mail and the sorts who base their outlook on their headlines .

Dawnrazor
8 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I recall having quite a debate with you about prioritising and asking if banning the dugs was the pressing priority for the government literally days after the worst and most damaging budget since devolution.  I even conceded it may well have been but I preferred governments to look at stuff on their own merits rather than responding to media headlines. 

The only political point I made was I found it odd that the same folk that moaned about nanny state wanted state intervention regardless of whether there was a case for it or not.  

Can't be arsed checking or not but suspect that the response from the other chap went along the lines of Boo, SNP and that was about it. 

I'm fine about it if they are planning to ban the dugs up here if they've done the homework and reached a considered decision rather than jumping to the tune of the daily mail and the sorts who base their outlook on their headlines .

The homework has already been done, the principles of banning Bully XL's is exactly the same as when APBT, Japanese Tosa's, Doggo Argentino's and Fila Brasileiro's were banned.

Australis
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Scots told not to buy XL bully dogs as Government set to ban breed | STV News

Why did they not do it at the same time as the rest of the UK?

****ing arseholes wait until the dogs all get dumped up here :cornette_dog:

We predicted this a few weeks ago

They like to be different. And feck it up, again.

Plus they will tell us Scottish XL bully dogs are more friendly and less likely to bite. 

Edited by Australis

milky_26
17 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

there have been a number of headlines about people bringing the xl bullys up to scotland, including one where the scottish community safety minister Siobhian Brown basically telling people not to rehome them in scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-67885918

Edited by milky_26

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Australis said:

They like to be different. And feck it up, again.

Plus they will tell us Scottish XL bully dogs are more friendly and less likely to bite. 

Thsts all it was about ! To be different  . A reckless disregard for peoples safety just so they could have one over on the English . Pathetic stuff really . Playground politics . 

Lord Montpelier
8 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Boo, SNP

But it's fine, you owned that you were wrong on this 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Boo, SNP

But it's fine, you owned that you were wrong on this 

Happy to own everything i post but you ignored the multiple times i said i hadnt been following the issue and asked whether it was a priority for an administration on its arse in the immediate aftermath of its worst budget ever?   Or a knee jerk reaction to the media.

If decisions are considered in the right context, then it tends to lead to better outcomes.  Of course, I'm sure that's where you are coming from too, isn't it? 

On the valid point you do make. I've never minded being wrong and am happy to consider issues on their merits rather than looking for opportunities to project my own prejudice.  

As an example, I listened to a reasonable and less politicised interview with Jeremy hunt last night. I can at least follow some of the logic of his thinking in the ABR. I couldn't beforehand.  Whether he is right or not time will tell but at Ieast I can see it wasn't purely driven by ideology. 

hmfcbilly
On 08/01/2024 at 13:20, Des Lynam said:

They didn’t like the economic forecast done by Andrew Wilson after Brexit which advised his own party that Scotland would need to concentrate on deficit reduction for ten years at least. Nicola Sturgeon then admitted a couple of years ago that their economic plan would be unreliable after Brexit and Covid changed the game and they wouldn’t be updating it before any IndyRef 2. 

Sounds a bit similar to much lauded 'more people on Scotland pay less income tax than rest of the UK' when taxation became devolved. The cut off for being 'better off' was earnings below 28k and the percentage was 51% below, 49% above. Its went very quiet the past couple of years on this boast and I suspect that a few hovering a grand or 2 below the 28k mark are now above it given some of the pay rises awarded past 2 years due to higher inflation figures. Would not be surprised if its 51% people pay more tax than the rest of the UK now. A bit like their promise about 12 years ago when they promised to over haul the outdated and unfair council tax system. Their solution to that last year was to ram up tax for bands E to G on the basis that, you live in a bigger hoose, therefore you must be able to afford it ken, likesy. Then backtracked completely and unannounced a complete freeze causing panick to every council 🤷🏻🤦 finally, reducing the mental health budget by £20 million. £20 million!!! There's very little the Scottish government do that convince me we'd be better of an independent country. Far too many vanity projects and obsessed with being different when really, I can't help feel if they'd plough money onto education and health, they'd convince a lot more of us they are worthy leaders 

JudyJudyJudy
35 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Sounds a bit similar to much lauded 'more people on Scotland pay less income tax than rest of the UK' when taxation became devolved. The cut off for being 'better off' was earnings below 28k and the percentage was 51% below, 49% above. Its went very quiet the past couple of years on this boast and I suspect that a few hovering a grand or 2 below the 28k mark are now above it given some of the pay rises awarded past 2 years due to higher inflation figures. Would not be surprised if its 51% people pay more tax than the rest of the UK now. A bit like their promise about 12 years ago when they promised to over haul the outdated and unfair council tax system. Their solution to that last year was to ram up tax for bands E to G on the basis that, you live in a bigger hoose, therefore you must be able to afford it ken, likesy. Then backtracked completely and unannounced a complete freeze causing panick to every council 🤷🏻🤦 finally, reducing the mental health budget by £20 million. £20 million!!! There's very little the Scottish government do that convince me we'd be better of an independent country. Far too many vanity projects and obsessed with being different when really, I can't help feel if they'd plough money onto education and health, they'd convince a lot more of us they are worthy leaders 

And knocking off 200 million off the housing budget when we are in a desperate state of homelessness in Scotland .800 people made a bid for one property on Edinburghs edindex the other day . 

Nucky Thompson
25 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

And knocking off 200 million off the housing budget when we are in a desperate state of homelessness in Scotland .800 people made a bid for one property on Edinburghs edindex the other day . 

That's only people who are eligible as well.

If there's a 3 bedroom house comes up, then only people on the list for that criteria can bid.

If you don't make the criteria you are blocked from bidding.

I read yesterday that the council had bought 50 three and four bedroom homes from the army up at Redford  

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

had bought 50 three and four bedroom homes from the army up at Redford  

Well least that’s good news if you have loads of kids , not so good if single and bidding , but least it’s something .

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Seven years in jail if you don't permit your child to change their gender.

Outrage as SNP proposes 'seven years in jail' for parents who refuse kids' gender change | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

From the same government who won't prosecute under 25's because their brains haven't developed 

If this came to fruition, let's take parental responsibility from the parent(s) and give it to the state. 

Proposed legislation of this nature should be kicked well into touch.

7 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

Agree with this 100%

doctor jambo

So if My son wants to wear a dress to prom, and I decide that’s not happening , and he’s 10.

Thats oppression and conversion therapy?

im not allowed an opinion counter to that of my own child?

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

So if My son wants to wear a dress to prom, and I decide that’s not happening , and he’s 10.

Thats oppression and conversion therapy?

im not allowed an opinion counter to that of my own child?

I noticed in the other areas article it was again all about stereotypical nonsense about ascribing clothes , behaviours to a specific sex ! Load of nonsense . Gender is made up nonsense . 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

If this came to fruition, let's take parental responsibility from the parent(s) and give it to the state. 

Proposed legislation of this nature should be kicked well into touch.

Gross intrusion , yet again into parents rights to parent . What is the greens and snps obsession and hatred of parents about ? Seriously ? 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

She is an absolute disaster of a politician. 

Yep 👍 

Lord Montpelier
3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Seven years in jail if you don't permit your child to change their gender.

Outrage as SNP proposes 'seven years in jail' for parents who refuse kids' gender change | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

From the same government who won't prosecute under 25's because their brains haven't developed 

Snp have well and truly lost it. They are just a large antenna projecting weirdo scottish green policy now 

manaliveits105
3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I noticed in the other areas article it was again all about stereotypical nonsense about ascribing clothes , behaviours to a specific sex ! Load of nonsense . Gender is made up nonsense . 

Gross intrusion , yet again into parents rights to parent . What is the greens and snps obsession and hatred of parents about ? Seriously ? 

Both parties need telt at next elections to gtf - absolute bampots .

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Both parties need telt at next elections to gtf - absolute bampots .

But, but there's naebody else tae vote for likesy ken 

• 2 weeks later...
Australis

Seeing today Sturgeon and the dentist have deleted  their WhatsApp messages after saying all messages would be presented to the covid enquiry teams.

Corruption and lies on a criminal scale.

So many families lost loved ones because of their decisions and they will be left with no answers.

Jambo_Gaz
2 hours ago, Australis said:

Seeing today Sturgeon and the dentist have deleted  their WhatsApp messages after saying all messages would be presented to the covid enquiry teams.

Corruption and lies on a criminal scale.

So many families lost loved ones because of their decisions and they will be left with no answers.

They are beyond loathing for me. They absolutely have spat on every single one of us. 

17 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

To keep the nats from greeting about bringing the discussion down on the other thread, I thought I would post SNP 'news' on this one :whistling:

SNP trounced in yet another by-election as Scots Tories win again in Dunblane - Scottish Daily Express

The clusterf**k that is the SNP under the Sturgeon\Yousaf continuum is not the same as the desire (and need) for the restoration of and independent Scottish state

https://scotgoespop.blogspot.com/2024/01/sensation-as-new-find-out-now-poll.html

manaliveits105

So the poll was commissioned by Alba and the guy who says we shouldn't ignore it is an Alba member 

hmm I will just ignore it 

From the article itself....

They have previously been commissioned to conduct an independence poll by a unionist newspaper, namely the Daily Express, and as with the subsequent polls for pro-independence clients, that one showed a Yes lead.  So perhaps the cynicism should really be directed at the fact that the Express didn't use them again after getting the "wrong" results (although no less a unionist figure than Blair McDougall did give them the seal of approval by commissioning a poll from them last year).

doddsyJR9

As soon as the snp incorporated with 'the Greens' they were doomed. A duopoly of chaos and misery for ordinary people. On their own they just might've kept on fooling people, but with the anti capitalist 'the Greens; on board, it all became clear - a cabal of secrecy, corruption and foolhardy. Not even a twirling of the kilts, and a rendition of Scotland the Brave could save them. Tony Blair you b stard. why, just why.

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, doddsyJR9 said:

As soon as the snp incorporated with 'the Greens' they were doomed. A duopoly of chaos and misery for ordinary people. On their own they just might've kept on fooling people, but with the anti capitalist 'the Greens; on board, it all became clear - a cabal of secrecy, corruption and foolhardy. Not even a twirling of the kilts, and a rendition of Scotland the Brave could save them. Tony Blair you b stard. why, just why.

****in commies  !!!

doddsyJR9
11 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

****in commies  !!!

Maybe, self serving weirdo's definitely.

Australis

Watching the Scottish covid messages and all the people who died needlessly because the nationalists were more interested in name calling, independence and deliberatly causing fights with Westminster.

Hope the families take them all to court.

manaliveits105
2 minutes ago, Australis said:

Watching the Scottish covid messages and all the people who died needlessly because the nationalists were more interested in name calling, independence and deliberatly causing fights with Westminster.

This

manaliveits105

Last year Scottish ministers announced two donations totalling £750,000 for UNRWA's appeal for Gaza. But a number of countries have suspended new funding after the agency sacked several of its staff. Israel claims to have evidence the UNRWA employees were involved in the 7 October attacks by Hamas.

Go Humza Go Humza 

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Last year Scottish ministers announced two donations totalling £750,000 for UNRWA's appeal for Gaza. But a number of countries have suspended new funding after the agency sacked several of its staff. Israel claims to have evidence the UNRWA employees were involved in the 7 October attacks by Hamas.

Go Humza Go Humza 

Disgusting 

38 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Go Humza Go Humza 

37 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Disgusting 

Scottish gov funding to UNRWA was suspended just the same as the UK, US, Australia, Italy, Canada, Finland, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Germany

What are you actually on about?

manaliveits105

The UK gov were doing it there was no need for a devolved government to get involved 

but hey let's just throw some Scottish tax payers money away on Humza politics especially as it appears the agency was riddled with dodgy people 

way to go ! 

The allegations concern 12 employees of UNRWA

UNRWA employs around 13,000 people

Not exactly "riddled"

11 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Go Humza Go Humza 

Humza using tax payer money to fund terrorism. I'm sure the usual suspects will be along to defend him shortly. 

i wish jj was my dad
13 hours ago, Australis said:

That they were incompetent, self serving arseholes I'll give you but nobody died because people were rude on WhatsApp.

the posh bit
16 hours ago, Australis said:

Blah blah blah blah. 

Lord Montpelier
2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

That they were incompetent, self serving arseholes I'll give you but nobody died because people were rude on WhatsApp.

Agree

But did people die because of decisions made by Sturgeon and her advisors on WhatsApp ?

Until there is full disclosure we won't know. 

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Agree

But did people die because of decisions made by Sturgeon and her advisors on WhatsApp ?

Until there is full disclosure we won't know. 

If I was chairing the inquiry, I'd be looking at key decisions and see what supporting evidence is held to inform those decisions. That would seem to be a better use of the inquiry's time and public money rather than focusing on whether Elsie called BJ a **** or if 'Jason thinks Humza should hold a glass when he stands up.

If the evidence doesn't stack up I'd smell a very large, decomposing rat. 

It won't quite generate the same amount of sniggering or outrage though. 

19 hours ago, Australis said:

Absolutely. Her downfall over this last year has been quite spectacular.

She completely lost the plot during the pandemic. Some legacy she's left! Not even all Yes supporters trust her or the SNP now. 

JudyJudyJudy

There was a reason why the enquiry focused on Leech advising Useless about holding a glass as long as he could , cause he was advising him how to bypass the rules that were dictated by Sturgeon et al . In effect  ripping the pish out of Joe Public really . Hence their laughing about it too . Disgraceful really . 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

There was a reason why the enquiry focused on Leech advising Useless about holding a glass as long as he could , cause he was advising him how to bypass the rules that were dictated by Sturgeon et al . In effect  ripping the pish out of Joe Public really . Hence their laughing about it too . Disgraceful really . 

Age dims the memory but did you not tell a security guard to 'bolt' when you were asked to wear a mask? 

Apologies if I have that wrong?