• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• GinRummy

• alwaysthereinspirit

• neilnunb

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Smith's right boot has never known anyone on here to say that. Then again that's his problem.

We don’t have enough time left on this earth to discuss what he doesn’t know Mitch. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

nearly right Dave one good game a season is more like it  :10900:

Can’t wait for this seasons.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We don’t have enough time left on this earth to discuss what he doesn’t know Mitch. 

Shergar, Lord Lucan, black holes - the boys a genius surely

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Give Mr Anonymous a cigar after a goal because one goal in every 50 games is fantastic and he should keep his place in the team even though he does sod all else.

One goal per seven games for us. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Having seen the sheep look pathetic against Raith, I don't want to be lulled into a false sense of confidence.

1-1

Boyce

I don’t think I’ve been more confident about a game in my life ... 5-0 ....I’d like to say 5-1 for sentiments sake but they are NOT scoring , thank me later 🤞🏻

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Having seen the sheep look pathetic against Raith, I don't want to be lulled into a false sense of confidence.

1-1

Boyce

I think they made a lot of changes for that game. 

Hackney Hearts
6 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

One goal per seven games for us. 

Exactly. By all means slag our players, but it's only fair to use something approaching accurate stats.

8 hours ago, mitch41 said:

You ought to get out more. Your not a Lighthouse Keeper by any chance'

Were you at Tynie for the recent match v ICT, or at the Gorgie Suite for the Celtic cup game, Mitch?

If you were, then great. If not, then maybe it's yourself that needs to get out more seeing as @Smith's right boot certainly was.

5 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Exactly. By all means slag our players, but it's only fair to use something approaching accurate stats.

Indeed. Shout looks to have bagged around 1 goal per 8 games for us. Feels like Halliday is on a par.

not all about goals of course. 

I personally prefer objective criticism and of course first and foremost to defend our own players.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Were you at Tynie for the recent match v ICT, or at the Gorgie Suite for the Celtic cup game, Mitch?

If you were, then great. If not, then maybe it's yourself that needs to get out more seeing as @Smith's right boot certainly was.

I had shore leave. 😂😂

Bazzas right boot

Just as much as we shit the bed away to them, they, despite their generally better form tend to play poor at Tynecastle. 

Might be different under glass, Mcinnes had a reputation for shitting it in the bigger games so they might be more attacking now. 

I think we're building up to something special, and although there will be set backs I don't think Sunday will be one of them

48 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Indeed. Shout looks to have bagged around 1 goal per 8 games for us. Feels like Halliday is on a par.

not all about goals of course. 

I personally prefer objective criticism and of course first and foremost to defend our own players.

“Shout” lol - should’ve been Djoum - bloody autocorrect 

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I think he seems to have one good game and then one anonymous. Halliday not SRB. 

I'm taking that as I'm constantly good, unlike Halliday. 😊

Well, I'm taking that as "I'm constant".... 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

“Shout” lol - should’ve been Djoum - bloody autocorrect 

Ironically enough- Djoum made a lot of fans wanna "shout". 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Ironically enough- Djoum made a lot of fans wanna "shout". 

lol true.

actually Djoum maybe a good comparison. splits opinion like Halliday. 

In fact, I wonder how many of our midfielders in the last 20 years HAVEN'T split opinion? I bet there aren't many......

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

lol true.

In fact, I wonder how many of our midfielders in the last 20 years HAVEN'T split opinion? I bet there aren't many......

Djoum was quality at our level. 

Only the roasters couldn't see that, a guy next to me was shouting abuse at Djoum and he wasn't even on the park. 😭 On so many levels. 

Halliday isn't great but at the moment he definitely helps the team and he does  contribute, again anyone that understands football can see this. 

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm taking that as I'm constantly good, unlike Halliday. 😊

Well, I'm taking that as "I'm constant".... 

🤣

I think we are maybe getting a bit carried away here with over inflated opinions on our form so far this season. We've beaten a few pretty shitty teams in the League Cup stages and had a very fortunate win over Celtic in the opening game of the League campaign. A decent way win through in Paisley but not exactly a top class display of free flowing football. Brought crashing back to Earth on Sunday with a woeful first half display at Parkhead; a scoreline that flattered Celtic and looked like it could be embarrassingly bad at one stage.

So, a game on Sunday against a not bad but not brilliant Aberdeen side and a game which, I think, will show us where we really are with regards to what we can expect from this season. A fixture where Aberdeen tend to shit their breeks but that may change under their new management team. Hopefully tonight's Euro trip has an effect so going for a narrow 2-1 win.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

lol true.

Djoum may well have split opinion but he was and still is a far better player than Halliday will ever be. 

Clark Griswold

Very much enjoyed the last time I saw Hearts v Aberdeen at Tynie when Halkett scored a last min equaliser and the big lad up front (Cosgrove?) ballooned a pen over the bar so we won 3-0 on pens :) 

Edit: IIRC is was the League cup quarters

Edited by Clark Griswold

King Of The Cat Cafe
2 hours ago, JWL said:

I think we are maybe getting a bit carried away here with over inflated opinions on our form so far this season. We've beaten a few pretty shitty teams in the League Cup stages and had a very fortunate win over Celtic in the opening game of the League campaign. A decent way win through in Paisley but not exactly a top class display of free flowing football. Brought crashing back to Earth on Sunday with a woeful first half display at Parkhead; a scoreline that flattered Celtic and looked like it could be embarrassingly bad at one stage.

So, a game on Sunday against a not bad but not brilliant Aberdeen side and a game which, I think, will show us where we really are with regards to what we can expect from this season. A fixture where Aberdeen tend to shit their breeks but that may change under their new management team. Hopefully tonight's Euro trip has an effect so going for a narrow 2-1 win.

A very good analysis.  Too good for this place, unfortunately.

30 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Very much enjoyed the last time I saw Hearts v Aberdeen at Tynie when Halkett scored a last min equaliser and the big lad up front (Cosgrove?) ballooned a pen over the bar so we won 3-0 on pens :) 

Loic Damour masterclass in how to give away needless penalties if I remember right

34 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Beat Hibs a few days later. 

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Beat Hibs a few days later. 

Leveins only victory,and last, in the league. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Leveins only victory,and last, in the league. 

Never realised that. I was abroad for both aberdeen and that game. Missed the best week of that season I'd reckon.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Never realised that. I was abroad for both aberdeen and that game. Missed the best week of that season I'd reckon.

Probably, doubt we had two big wins in any week that season. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Djoum may well have split opinion but he was and still is a far better player than Halliday will ever be. 

based on....?

and this is where it becomes subjective (unless you dive into the absolute minutiae of both players performances, per match taking into account tons of factors per match).

I don't disagree by the way, I think Djoum is the better player. But also don't think Halliday is a ghost of a player. For me that's usually a player who's confidence is 100% shot and does all they can not to want the ball.

Another test of character for the new(ish) look Hearts team. St Mirren away was a brilliant win psychologically for them now they need to prove themselves against a team we should be competing with for league placings. Home game so for me an early season must win to put down a marker. We need teams shitting the bed again when they come to Tynie. Far too many teams recently have used us against our own team, need to get the old girl rocking and get another 3points.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Jim Panzee said:

based on....?

and this is where it becomes subjective (unless you dive into the absolute minutiae of both players performances, per match taking into account tons of factors per match).

I don't disagree by the way, I think Djoum is the better player. But also don't think Halliday is a ghost of a player. For me that's usually a player who's confidence is 100% shot and does all they can not to want the ball.

Anyone thats seen both play for us would accept that Djoum is a far better player, there’s nothing that Halliday does that’s better than Djoum could.
International caps for Belgium at u19/20 and 20 for Cameroon compared to nothing at any level for Scotland. 
What does Halliday actually bring to the team, he can’t tackle a fish supper he just fouls. He’s slow, slows down the game in midfield, was nothing special against poor teams last season. Did ok at LWB when he had space, scored a great goal but was generally easily marked against St Mirren. 
All he did last week against Celtic was get tackled amid loud cheers from the great unwashed and was subbed at HT, every bit the part of a ghost. 
He is 4/5th choice in midfield and 3rd choice LWB when we get the two new midfielders here, we won’t even be discussing him in a months time. He will leave at the end of the season and end up back at Livi with Halkett. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Anyone thats seen both play for us would accept that Djoum is a far better player, there’s nothing that Halliday does that’s better than Djoum could.
International caps for Belgium at u19/20 and 20 for Cameroon compared to nothing at any level for Scotland. 
What does Halliday actually bring to the team, he can’t tackle a fish supper he just fouls. He’s slow, slows down the game in midfield, was nothing special against poor teams last season. Did ok at LWB when he had space, scored a great goal but was generally easily marked against St Mirren. 
All he did last week against Celtic was get tackled amid loud cheers from the great unwashed and was subbed at HT, every bit the part of a ghost. 
He is 4/5th choice in midfield and 3rd choice LWB when we get the two new midfielders here, we won’t even be discussing him in a months time. He will leave at the end of the season and end up back at Livi with Halkett. 

fair play - at least you are giving some commentary behind your view.  a ghost perhaps in the game v celtic - but perhaps not the only one in that first half. 

I'd agree that if / when Devlin & hopefully Woodburn arrive he's likely to be lower down the pecking order. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

fair play - at least you are giving some commentary behind your view.  a ghost perhaps in the game v celtic - but perhaps not the only one in that first half. 

I'd agree that if / when Devlin & hopefully Woodburn arrive he's likely to be lower down the pecking order. 

I think the rest of the team actually were involved, even if it was just chasing shadows,  but he was invisible.

I didn’t even mention his Uber Hun vibe that is rather unpalatable to me also 🤮😜

Edited by Pasquale for King

Anyone heard if Big Gnando will be back for Sunday?... not heard a peep, and there's not been any training vids this week, to scrutinise 🤷‍♂️

Fitzroy Pointon

Has I've Talked the Shite been made an appearance on this thread yet? 

2-0 Hearts - Boycie and GMS. 

4 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Loic Damour masterclass in how to give away needless penalties if I remember right

I've still not gotten over that challenge. Just halved the boy from behind in the box 😂

Edited by Bluesy1874
Spelling error

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Has I've Talked the Shite been made an appearance on this thread yet?  

Still reviewing the Raith video to give us the analysis.

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hedges still out tonight. Hayes back and just on after injury to Considine. 

Hayes can’t be fully fit so coming on this early wont do him any good for the weekend 

1 hour ago, theshed said:

Hayes can’t be fully fit so coming on this early wont do him any good for the weekend 

This whole thing bodes well for the weekend 👍very rarely has a team travelling from here came back and played well,regardless of the result 👍bend over sheep ,you are getting pumped👍

2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Gordon 

Souttar Halks Kingsley

Smith Beni McEneff Haring Cochrane

Gino Boyce GMS

I think Halliday is out injured.

I’ll put my neck on the line and say that won’t be the starting team.

4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Gordon 

Souttar Halks Kingsley

Gino Boyce GMS

we might get pulled up for listing 12 players 

Arthur Morgan
5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Gordon 

Souttar Halks Kingsley

Gino Boyce GMS

Hmm we should certainly win with 12 players on the pitch.