****Official Hearts v Aberdeen Match Thread****

mickycameron98

mickycameron98

Huge game this one. Aberdeen are 7000 miles away in Azerbaijan on Thursday night. Surely that will work in our favour, although I believe we have enough in the tank to beat them anyway. 2-0 Hearts!

Edited by mickycameron98

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• GinRummy

• alwaysthereinspirit

• neilnunb

No Idle Talk

This game will be a good barometer of where we really are. The Celtic game kinda takes care of itself. Beating St Mirren was a good result for us, because they are a bit of a bogey team, but if you look at their early season form it isn't great. Aberdeen are one of the teams you would expect to be up in the 3rd-5th range, which is the area of the table we are striving to get to this season. So this will be a good test of whether we are there or not. I happen to believe we are and I like our chances of winning this game. 

The manager is confident....

“We now look forward to Aberdeen next week at Tynecastle. It’s a massive game for us.

“It’s a game we should be winning but Aberdeen will say the same. It’s going to be two teams that I would expect to be at the top end of the league and it’ll be a great game to look forward to.

“We’ll look to take the second half performance from Sunday into that.”

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Plenty of goals here, Aberdeen like to attack and have a goal in them, unfortunately for them, we will have an awful lot more goals in us.

Got to be made a high tempo game from the word go to exploit their journey, recall a game against Dundee United some years ago, same scenario and it was us falling on our feet late on.

Going for a crackerjack of an afternoon, Hearts 4 Aberdeen 1, will cause us some problems but defensively if we are worried, you should see their recent efforts

3-4-3

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

Smith McEneff Beni Halliday

Ginnelly Boyce Mackay Steven

Is it wrong hate Aberdeen due to "Broony" being there now???

Anyway, I don't like them one bit!

Dish out a humping please Hearts.

They will be shattered plus I think they have a couple of their best players out already and that’s before Thursday so surely a win on the cards 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, theshed said:

They will be shattered plus I think they have a couple of their best players out already and that’s before Thursday so surely a win on the cards 

Hedges and Johnny hayes likely out.

We've played games against tired teams before and didnt look too clever. I trust Robbie will not adopt a hang on at nil nil til they tire at the 70 minute mark but will instead get in about them from the start.

3 to the Heart of Midlothian FC-

0(ZERO) to the Aberdonian Sheep Botherers

17 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We've played games against tired teams before and didnt look too clever. I trust Robbie will not adopt a hang on at nil nil til they tire at the 70 minute mark but will instead get in about them from the start.

We do have a bit more drive and pace in the side than we have had. Hopefully we make that count. 

Horatio Caine
18 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Pains me to say it but Celtic showed us the way to start a home game last Sunday.  We should look to do similar.

5 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Pains me to say it but Celtic showed us the way to start a home game last Sunday.  We should look to do similar.

I agree - but does Robbie……..

3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Is it wrong hate Aberdeen due to "Broony" being there now???

Anyway, I don't like them one bit!

Dish out a humping please Hearts.

Hopefully the Ned does not have his Celtic get out of jail card to play to referees now!

upgotheheads
4 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

This game will be a good barometer of where we really are. The Celtic game kinda takes care of itself. Beating St Mirren was a good result for us, because they are a bit of a bogey team, but if you look at their early season form it isn't great. Aberdeen are one of the teams you would expect to be up in the 3rd-5th range, which is the area of the table we are striving to get to this season. So this will be a good test of whether we are there or not. I happen to believe we are and I like our chances of winning this game. 

Exactly what I was thinking. The game against Celtic was a bonus, three points that most of our neighbours in the league won't be getting. Against St Mirren we showed ourselves to be better than a mid table / bottom six club. If we can beat Aberdeen that will show if we can compete for a top four place.

4 hours ago, One five said:

It will be my first game back since covid, can’t wait.

3-1 win for the JT’s 

Mine too.

Edited by upgotheheads

Hearts win but wary of that Ramirez boy upfront for the mutton molesters who looks like a good goalscorer. I'd be disappointed if we didn't win this one though. 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

We've said about starting on the front foot but rarely see it in action.

Right at them from the whistle please Robbie.

The Mighty Thor

Realistic test for Bob against one of  the teams who will likely finish at the right end of the table.

He can't afford to get it as wrong as he did on Sunday as that was shocking.

I'd like to see us playing higher up the pitch with less of a gap between our midfield and Boyce with potentially a midfielder who can drive forward to support Boyce. 

They've got a tough trip away this week so for me positive team selection + positive tactics = positive result. 

I am so looking forward to this one. Attack them. Early goal and pin them.  3-1 Hearts. 
we need to put out a statement to these sheep shaggers

6 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Exactly this

Always think the travel excuse is made out to be more than it turns out to be, especially these days with players being uber fit but... our game plan has to play on this, fast out of the blocks in there faces, crowd on their backs to make them feel 10x worse than they actually are.  

They also been making wholesale changes for their weekend matches, so it may be a different challenge of fresher legs but lesser players looking to prove a point.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
6 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Buzzing for this.  Pre-match beers and back to my own seat.  Tough game but fancy us 2-1

It really is bloody amazing to have fans back in. We have to absolutely not take that for granted anymore. 

The atmosphere should be rocking. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
6 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Buzzing for this.  Pre-match beers and back to my own seat.  Tough game but fancy us 2-1

Double post 

Edited by Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Bazzas right boot

This result has heavily favoured the home team recently, I expect that to continue 

3/3! 

:jambobanana:

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

This result has heavily favoured the home team recently, I expect that to continue 

3/3! 

:jambobanana:

Yup; continue the unbeaten league run, 9 points from 3 games, and take it from there. If we can boost our goal difference with a clean sheet to boot then all the better.

Managed to get Sunday off for this and can't wait to get back to Tynecastle, it's going to be electric.

This is a game we should be looking to win. Hopefully Robbie sets the side up with a bit of ambition, and if he does we have the players to hurt them. If we set up to contain and defend then it won't end well for us or the manager.

2-0.

9 hours ago, main said:

3-4-3

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

Smith McEneff Beni Halliday

Ginnelly Boyce Mackay Steven

Are we playing twelve men now😂

Jambo 4 Ever
4 hours ago, norrie1952 said:

My first as well.The atmosphere will be brilliant. Great to see all the usual faces in B (and everywhere as well)

What row?  I’m in 18 

Neilson had better have the right team prepared because he’s definitely at the Last Chance Saloon after that shambles against Celtic. Once he names the team it will be scrutinised, once the game starts his tactics will be scrutinised, as the game develops his actions on the sideline will be scrutinised, his substitutions will be scrutinised, his interview after the game will be scrutinised and this will continue until he starts acting like the manager every Hearts supporter deserves rather than the Chicken hearted team selection/tactics we witnessed last sunday. In Scotland Hearts should never play with 8 outfield defence minded players NEVER.

Going to miss it due to a 50th birthday party 😔. Going to watch it on heedrum-hodrum TV later, a win please Robbie and I better hear you lot loud and proud .:waiting:

copa-mundial

Just can't wait to get back to my season ticket seat, in a close as full capacity Tynecastle as possible! Going to feel brilliant. 

I think this alone will spur the players on to victory. Couple that in with the new signing of Woodburn later today. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Neilson had better have the right team prepared because he’s definitely at the Last Chance Saloon after that shambles against Celtic. Once he names the team it will be scrutinised, once the game starts his tactics will be scrutinised, as the game develops his actions on the sideline will be scrutinised, his substitutions will be scrutinised, his interview after the game will be scrutinised and this will continue until he starts acting like the manager every Hearts supporter deserves rather than the Chicken hearted team selection/tactics we witnessed last sunday. In Scotland Hearts should never play with 8 outfield defence minded players NEVER.

😂😂😂😂

TyphoonJambo

How many from the probable starting 11 on Saturday will have player in front of a full Tynie?

Gordon 

Soappy

Smith 

Halkett

Harring

Boyce

Edited by TypoonJambo

12 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

How many from the probable starting 11 on Saturday will have player in front of a full Tynie?

Gordon 

Soappy

Smith 

Halkett

Harring

Boyce

Halliday and GMS for their former clubs as well.

TyphoonJambo
45 minutes ago, DMac-89 said:

It'll be a different vibe though

If an Aberdeen team with Considine in it defeat us, Neilson should be sacked on that basis.   ::troll::

Seriously, I’ve not seen much of this Aberdeen side so far but my intuition tells me they’ve got carried away with themselves beating plumbers and joiners in Europe.  They’ve got a mix of old and new and some ordinary players. 

Aside from Celtic at the weekend , i think we’ve looked more sharper, energetic and been better on the ball.  We need wound up for this. A good old fashioned Hearts approach . Full of intent, closing down high up the park, using our speed further up to chase them down. Unsettled them. None of this cagey, feel your way in stuff. 

1 hour ago, DMac-89 said:

Halliday known as the Ghost. The man who does a disappearing act every game he plays in.