Gnanduillet

rudi must stay

Maroon Sailor

Anybody defending this excuse of a striker might not be so forgiving if that miss proved costly.

It was diabolical and the rest of his 10 minute cameo was piss poor as well.

A journeyman Pro who will end up back in League Deux or at the likes of Shrewsbury.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• GinRummy

• pointon

• jr ewing

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I don't know how folk regularly jump to he's not trying or he doesn't care. 

Some folk really do just want headless chickens, gid honest laddies who try hard.

Gnando isn't great, his first touch can be horrendous and basic things allude him far too often. 

I do think he tries, but I also think he's a gonner in January and like anybody else, they'd be distracted by that. 

We badly need another striker. 

Not a fan of looking at ex players but a  Connor Washington or a pkye of his ilk would be ideal in our current set up. 

Yes, I just don't know what to make of Gnando.  I'm sure there's a footballer somewhere in him that is waiting to blossom, bit I doubt we can wait.

10 minutes ago, girvanjambo said:

Some reasonable points there - my biggest gripe is he's still in matchday squads - keeping young Pollock or Jamie Walker out on occasion. So that's Robbie. Boyce has limitations but the team play better with him on the park - his movement up top is tremendous- yesterday I remember McAneff bursting forward and looking for Boycie - but Gnando was on by that time and was behind him - no out ball available 

As I say, that’s fine to want Walker and Pollock ahead of Gnanduillet. It’s fine to gripe about it even, as that’s your opinion. But too many here and in the stands let these gripes bleed into anger towards the player only. As you say, your gripe is on Neilson as he’s the one that’s picked him ahead of those players. But you’re not shouting abuse at him to his face, singing songs mocking him or filling social media with how terrible a player he is. Other do though, and they never seem to be angry towards the decision makers who signed/play him.

He took a touch in the danger area on Sunday with his back to goal and this touch took us out the box again!!!!! I want to hear from those who only a few weeks ago were saying that (and I am paraphrasing)  “he has something to offer” or “he will be a player for us” or that “he offers something different”…he certainly does! Cmon peeps where are you?

The Hogfather
7 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

He took a touch in the danger area on Sunday with his back to goal and this touch took us out the box again!!!!! I want to hear from those who only a few weeks ago were saying that (and I am paraphrasing)  “he has something to offer” or “he will be a player for us” or that “he offers something different”…he certainly does! Cmon peeps where are you?

A bit weird to take such obvious delight at the struggles of a Hearts player imo.

2 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

Mental that people will slag him, while singing songs about Andy Halliday.

Exactly. Gnando has had a pretty shit season for us but the hate is absurd as is all the mind-reading going on about his "attitude."

The anti-Gnando song singers are a bigger drag on the club than his contract, and a far harder one to fix.

And if you mention the very obvious reason why some don't like him over Halliday they get the vapours and start screaming at you like you kicked their grandmother.

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

And if you mention the very obvious reason why some don't like him over Halliday they get the vapours and start screaming at you like you kicked their grandmother.

Over the piece Halliday has contributed more than Gnando.

I suspect the reason he's continually on the bench and brought on is that, at least in theory,  he offers something different. 

43 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

A bit weird to take such obvious delight at the struggles of a Hearts player imo.

5 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Exactly. Gnando has had a pretty shit season for us but the hate is absurd as is all the mind-reading going on about his "attitude."

The anti-Gnando song singers are a bigger drag on the club than his contract, and a far harder one to fix.

:spoton:

The Hogfather
4 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Over the piece Halliday has contributed more than Gnando.

I suspect the reason he's continually on the bench and brought on is that, at least in theory,  he offers something different. 

In what way has he contributed more over the piece?

3 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

In what way has he contributed more over the piece?

He was decent in a few games last year and is a fairly solid back up.

He's clearly not a star but I don't get the hate for him.

The Hogfather
Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

Few games in the Championship? Oh wow. And as for fairly solid? He offers nothing when he's at left back and even less in a midfield role. His stupid red card at Pittodrie showed how little he can be relied on. Still, at least his wee pals can big him up on his shitty podcast.

No a fan of Halliday always think todays the game  to shine but he rarely does 

Few games in the Championship? Oh wow. And as for fairly solid? He offers nothing when he's at left back and even less in a midfield role. His stupid red card at Pittodrie showed how little he can be relied on. Still, at least his wee pals can big him up on his shitty podcast.

Why mention the podcast. 

You don't rate him, fine.

I agree the Aberdeen sending off was stupid but he's made out to be far worse than he actually is by some. 

15 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

As for last year, you could easily say the same for Gnanduillet.

Halliday has offered nothing but a lousy attitude, a short temper, and no skill whatsoever on the pitch this season. He has been the worst player in maroon in pretty much every game he's played in.

Meanwhile Gnanduillet has a goal and an assist and put in a few decent shifts earlier this season. His production, while not great by any standards, is considerably better than Halliday's.

Edited by Led Tasso

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Some folk really do just want headless chickens, gid honest laddies who try hard.

Gnando isn't great, his first touch can be horrendous and basic things allude him far too often. 

I do think he tries, but I also think he's a gonner in January and like anybody else, they'd be distracted by that. 

Not a fan of looking at ex players but a  Connor Washington or a pkye of his ilk would be ideal in our current set up. 

He didn’t even warm up yesterday. Just stood around and watched everyone else. Was similar against St.Mirren.  Think he is gone and neither the player nor the manager actually care. If Hendo wasn’t out on loan he wouldn’t even be on the bench. 

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Halliday has offered nothing but a lousy attitude, a short temper, and no skill whatsoever on the pitch this season. He has been the worst player in maroon in pretty much every game he's played in.

Meanwhile Gnanduillet has a goal and an assist and put in a few decent shifts earlier this season. His production, while not great by any standards, is considerably better than Halliday's.

Our striker has one goal? Some achievement that.......for a striker.

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Our striker has one goal? Some achievement that.......for a striker.

Read the effin' post.

Personally I think both Gnandos and Halliday are suffering from the same thing.

Been asked to do a job as a substitute when neither are used to that.

They are used to being on the 11 team sheet.

Now how a player handles being (to coin a phrase) “just a substitute” tells a lot about their mentality. Do you bust a gut to prove to the manager you deserve a start next game? Of course you do!

Its also a pride thing I assume? I’m not a professional football player. If I was asked to come on as a sub when I’m usually on from the start? Don’t know how I would react?

Coming on as a sub forces you psychologically to admit you aren’t good enough to be in the starting line up. You either deal with that and try to be better or you don’t.

Neither of these 2 have in my opinion.

The Hogfather
12 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Why mention the podcast. 

You don't rate him, fine.

I agree the Aberdeen sending off was stupid but he's made out to be far worse than he actually is by some. 

Because it's a potential reason behind his attitude. Or his nose is out of joint because he thought he'd be a crucial player for us this season, only to be replaced by a collection of players who're vastly more talented than he is.

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

Read the effin' post.

Wasting your time. He'll be too busy scouring the internet to find more Celtic blogs to be offended at.

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

We're in agreement up to here anyway

Forever Hearts

Because it's a potential reason behind his attitude. Or his nose is out of joint because he thought he'd be a crucial player for us this season, only to be replaced by a collection of players who're vastly more talented than he is.

Wasting your time. He'll be too busy scouring the internet to find more Celtic blogs to be offended at.

You'll need to show me where I was offended? 

Leave it with you.👍

The Hogfather
17 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You'll need to show me where I was offended? 

Leave it with you.👍

The thread you started.

Cheers.

Personally I was willing to give Gnando a chance. He scored a couple last season and gave the squad a boost. Proabably should have parted ways in the summer, we never and we will in January.

37 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

What attitude?

He's not been great but other than the Aberdeen incident I don't know where that comes from.

Why would doing a podcast give him a bad attitude?

48 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I did. It was crap. 

Then your reading comprehension is crap. I said "he's had a shit year for us" and "it's not great by any means" in the two posts. I mention the goal and assist STRICTLY in comparison to Halliday, and  you come in with, "ah, eh, one goal and one assist, he's magic, eh?!"

No wonder you end up in an argument with every poster on here. You intentionally fail to read posts carefully so that you can find something to gripe about.

Off with ye.

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Then your reading comprehension is crap. I said "he's had a shit year for us" and "it's not great by any means" in the two posts. I mention the goal and assist STRICTLY in comparison to Halliday, and  you come in with, "ah, eh, one goal and one assist, he's magic, eh?!"

No wonder you end up in an argument with every poster on here. You intentionally fail to read posts carefully so that you can find something to gripe about.

Off with ye.

You mentioned the goal and assist as if it's something to admire. It's not. He's useless and a complete waste of a jersey and wage. 

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You mentioned the goal and assist as if it's something to admire. It's not. He's useless and a complete waste of a jersey and wage. 

I absolutely did not and if you think I did, your reading is shit.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, gar jambo said:

Why would Washington come back ! He is on more money at charlton trust me 

Just what we need another striker who can’t score. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

Well said. 

Halliday being sent off trying to act the hardman when we are losing is a million times worse than Gnando messing up after he rounded the keeper

The Hogfather
57 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

And where did I say I was offended? 

You didn't have to snowflake, anyone who opened that thread could see it. 

45 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

What attitude?

He's not been great but other than the Aberdeen incident I don't know where that comes from.

Why would doing a podcast give him a bad attitude?

You don't really need to look further beyond his ridiculous red card at Aberdeen to see his attitude. A needless tackle that was only ever going to end one way. Also decided he would get into a pagger before leaving the field. Players don't do that when they have the right mindset. Anyone who was at the opening game of the season against Celtic will tell you about the genuine disbelief that he avoided substitution that night. 

Doing a podcast shouldn't give anyone an attitude, but when you have a group of boys blow smoke up your arse at every turn, you're probably going to have an over-inflated sense of ego.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

You didn't have to snowflake, anyone who opened that thread could see it. 

You don't really need to look further beyond his ridiculous red card at Aberdeen to see his attitude. A needless tackle that was only ever going to end one way. Also decided he would get into a pagger before leaving the field. Players don't do that when they have the right mindset. Anyone who was at the opening game of the season against Celtic will tell you about the genuine disbelief that he avoided substitution that night. 

Doing a podcast shouldn't give anyone an attitude, but when you have a group of boys blow smoke up your arse at every turn, you're probably going to have an over-inflated sense of ego.

👍

Forever Hearts
23 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I absolutely did not and if you think I did, your reading is shit.

You're comparing him to Halliday, a left back/midfielder? 

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Fair play mate, caught me a belter there. Sorry.

That's what I thought mate, no need to apologise.

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, I agree with this sentiment. He seems a big enthusiastic guy, so to assume he's not trying is sadly off the mark. He's just not good enough. 

His poor grasp of the basics like controlling a ball, picking a pass and winning a header are shocking. If we were in league 2 I could kind of get it, but to play top flight football you need to at least get those basic areas right. I think it was just bad recruitment. Lets not forget we were in the championship when we signed him and our first choice, we were priced out of by Luton. Much like Roberts or Frear he was probably signed to do a short term job and its just unfortunate that he's not been able to manage the step up. 

I've saw a few posts on here mentioning Sam Cosgrove, that would be a real coup that would add proper competition for Boyce and give Robbie the best sort of headache a manager could have. Although, I've said a few times I'd like Zak Rudden. Doing great for Partick and out of contract at the end of the season. Young enough to develop further for a few years and likely make money on. Beyond that, he looked like he was going places prior to the injury he had at Falkirk and he looks he's getting back to that form. Would be a sore one to yet again miss out on a talented young Scottish striker. 

January is a pain in the arse at our price point for strikers though. Hopefully Savage and his team have some good options lined up. 

Paterson would be a good choice too. Based on our Sheffield Wednesday posters comments, he won't be there next season irrespective of the option of a year they have. Coming back here would be a great opportunity to recapture his form. Webster and Stevo both benefited from it. 

17 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You're comparing him to Halliday, a left back/midfielder? 

You know, I'm gonna go ahead and put you on ignore. I have two kids under 5 at home so if I want fun communication challenges I'll just go talk to them.

Forever Hearts
Just now, Led Tasso said:

You know, I'm gonna go ahead and put you on ignore. I have two kids under 5 at home so if I want fun communication challenges I'll just go talk to them.

It's fine. You posted nonsense. Move on.

Gnando has contributed less than Halliday imo….and that is a pretty low bar to be aiming for.

Thankfully both will elsewhere next season.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah, I agree with this sentiment. He seems a big enthusiastic guy, so to assume he's not trying is sadly off the mark. He's just not good enough. 

His poor grasp of the basics like controlling a ball, picking a pass and winning a header are shocking. If we were in league 2 I could kind of get it, but to play top flight football you need to at least get those basic areas right. I think it was just bad recruitment. Lets not forget we were in the championship when we signed him and our first choice, we were priced out of by Luton. Much like Roberts or Frear he was probably signed to do a short term job and its just unfortunate that he's not been able to manage the step up. 

I've saw a few posts on here mentioning Sam Cosgrove, that would be a real coup that would add proper competition for Boyce and give Robbie the best sort of headache a manager could have. Although, I've said a few times I'd like Zak Rudden. Doing great for Partick and out of contract at the end of the season. Young enough to develop further for a few years and likely make money on. Beyond that, he looked like he was going places prior to the injury he had at Falkirk and he looks he's getting back to that form. Would be a sore one to yet again miss out on a talented young Scottish striker. 

January is a pain in the arse at our price point for strikers though. Hopefully Savage and his team have some good options lined up. 

Paterson would be a good choice too. Based on our Sheffield Wednesday posters comments, he won't be there next season irrespective of the option of a year they have. Coming back here would be a great opportunity to recapture his form. Webster and Stevo both benefited from it. 

Agree with that but I think Sam Cosgrove is terrible. 

3 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

Delight…no. More just evidencing that there are quite a few people on here whose lack of actual knowledge of the game and an individual’s ability to play it doesn’t prevent them from believing they are in fact very knowledgable! 

The Hogfather
18 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Delight…no. More just evidencing that there are quite a few people on here whose lack of actual knowledge of the game and an individual’s ability to play it doesn’t prevent them from believing they are in fact very knowledgable! 

You're practically giddy about people having to admit it's not working for a Hearts player. That's really ****ing odd behaviour, whichever way you try and dress it.

the Hearts way
On 05/12/2021 at 18:58, TypoonJambo said:

Bookies to take a chrimbo hit?

He's simply not a good enough footballer or certainly a striker 🤔.  Straight in on goal with only the Goalkeeper to beat 🤔.  Rounds the Goalkeeper and hits the side netting.

Sorry for language but

"a big streak of pish is he" 

Nelly Terraces
4 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Been asked to do a job as a substitute when neither are used to that.

They are used to being on the 11 team sheet.

Now how a player handles being (to coin a phrase) “just a substitute” tells a lot about their mentality. Do you bust a gut to prove to the manager you deserve a start next game? Of course you do!

Its also a pride thing I assume? I’m not a professional football player. If I was asked to come on as a sub when I’m usually on from the start? Don’t know how I would react?

Coming on as a sub forces you psychologically to admit you aren’t good enough to be in the starting line up. You either deal with that and try to be better or you don’t.

Neither of these 2 have in my opinion.

What a lot of laughable cod psychology bullshit. Coming off the bench in nearly every game he actually plays doesn't seem to have much of an effect on Divock Origi at Liverpool mate. 

Plus when Halliday started v Aberdeen in the 1st game at Tynie this season he was utterly woeful. You know why, he's fecking shite, that's why. Can't tackle, cross, or pass. Hopeless. 

Cheers!

Doctor FinnBarr
10 hours ago, bairdy said:

Good point Dave.

Wish we had a Willie Gibson in our team today.

Very unfairly treated by a lot of our supporters.

Willie was brilliant, don't remember him scoring many "spectacular" goals but he could do stuff like bending to tie his laces and the ball would deflect off his arse into the goal.