*** Official Heart Of Midlothian versus Inverness Caledonian Thistle match thread ***

cookieboy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Gambo said:

We have been poor ffs.

Bollox utter bollox , not been great but poor is just talking shite

CloustonHMFC

Really don't think we're playing anywhere near as bad as some like to make out. A couple creaky moments at the back but nothing for major concern. Some good chances created and should have buried a couple.

It's not been terrible, we've been a bit meh but there's been some nice phases of football from us, just no end product, yet.

I'd expect us to up our game second half, be a wee bit quicker with our passes in and around their box. Need Boyce to get a bit closer to Gnando as well. 

Leveins Battalion

That was a hard watch,the same old passing for passing sakes,we have 4 Quality attackers on but can’t get them into the game.

Just now, feej said:

Not great, Boyce too deep. As I've said before we should be looking to get MacGregor in, best midfielder on the park.

yep

kingantti1874
Just now, sadj said:

That chance for Pollock is exactly why you play like that , suck them out quick pass , drive at them , create a chance. Just because we play possession football doesnt mean its shit. That move at the end of the half os good football brought about by waiting for the chance then using our quality.

it’s slow pointless, pedestrian  possession football.  It’s absolutely garbage and so easy to play against.

it isn’t good football- not in any way shape or form and if we play like that in the league we are in for another shit season .

RustyRightPeg
Just now, sadj said:

As i said above the possession is a great way (tho boring) if you then utilise the ball when you sook them in

Yeah. I don’t like this movement the wingers are making coming inside. Ginneley stays wide once and we have our best chance.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, sadj said:

clueless - your just clueless 

11 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I thought to myself; Bottom 6, nothing better.

8 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Me too, and that’s being optimistic

That's not being optimistic.  We can't finish lower than bottom six.

According to Richard Gordon, Hearts 2-1 is the minimum win required.

We'd edge United on away goals scored.

Not good enough, thus far.

39 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

100% a dive mate.

37 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Bad dive, love the singing though!!

Songs starting in The Roseburn 😱🤣

38 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Clear dive,  embarrassing effort at that! 

Thanks guys 👍 in section M and from my seat looked like clear contact 🤣

Edited by WDJ87

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

We have been poor. 1 save of note goalie has had to make In 45mins v the mighty ICT at home.

A lot of unhappy fans in the stands.

Not surprised you find it acceptable though tbh.

Hopefully a better second half.

heartsfc_fan

Not convinced about this system/formation really.

Ginnelly needs to be braver and run at the full back. Gnando has been quiet but he's had a couple of decent efforts when given the ball. He needs better service.

Just now, Papa said:

My tactics would be Boyce in the box and the other 10 players told to get quality balls to him. Simples.

Nando 6ft 5, and we've not flung a decent ball into the box, we've got to up the quality of delivery.

Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

Not convinced about this system/formation really.

Ginnelly needs to be braver and run at the full back. Gnando has been quiet but he's had a couple of decent efforts when given the ball. He needs better service.

Ginnelly is frustrating me, took him the entire half to run at his man 😠 not himself so far

3 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Songs starting in The Roseburn 😱🤣

Thanks guys 👍 in section M and from my seat looked like clear contact 🤣

I concur from section L

Need to get a lot more out of Boyce in the 2nd half if we are to get a couple of goals. Looks like he is doing a Naismith and dropping deep too much.

Just now, CostaJambo said:

Need to get a lot more out of Boyce in the 2nd half if we are to get a couple of goals. Looks like he is doing a Naismith and dropping deep too much.

He does seem to be playing very deep.

RasberryJam

It's not been as bad as some folk are making out. Inverness are a decent outfit. I really rate that MacGregor lad and Duku is always a pain to play against. Cochrane looks promising as does Pollock.

We seem a little disjointed at times and the defence has had lapses in concentration. Thankfully its half time and Neilson can regroup the lads. Could do with an early goal just to settle everyone. 

We need a few new additions in before the Celtic match. Confident Savage will deliver.

Just now, RasberryJam said:

It's not been as bad as some folk are making out. Inverness are a decent outfit. I really rate that MacGregor lad and Duku is always a pain to play against. Cochrane looks promising as does Pollock.

We seem a little disjointed at times and the defence has had lapses in concentration. Thankfully its half time and Neilson can regroup the lads. Could do with an early goal just to settle everyone. 

We need a few new additions in before the Celtic match. Confident Savage will deliver.

Even if we signed 3 players tomorrow its unlikely they would be up to match fitness for the Celtic game.

Not been a bad game. Not sure what all the negativity is about.

Just need to push on in the second half and get a goal or two, nice to hear a bit of crowd back at Tynecastle.

12 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Liking Cochranes attitude, gets stuck in, has made a couple of important challenges and general play is decent 

I'd agree but he's playing right in front of me and the majority of his passes go backwards. He needs to be more confident on the ball IMO. 

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Radio only for me and it certainly doesn't sound great.

0-0 HT.

A lot for us to do in the 2nd.

Well martoon ,just my opinion mind , lots of positives but we really need the seasoned pros to turn up and take hold more , the young lads are crying out for a leader ? Boyce looks out of sorts , Halkett and Smith look like they’ve had a long night ,Kingsley,who I hope is still going to be a star ,a wee bit off , anyway , second half will bring our strength [please god]to the fore 

it really feels like about 20 years since we had an injury free squad? and we could pull someone on to change a game ,let’s hope this season starts now 🤞🏻

7 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Really don't think we're playing anywhere near as bad as some like to make out. A couple creaky moments at the back but nothing for major concern. Some good chances created and should have buried a couple.

Agreed

6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yeah. I don’t like this movement the wingers are making coming inside. Ginneley stays wide once and we have our best chance.

Yeah both seem to be allowed to just drift. Staying wide means we can drive better when we do transition. That as you say is where the better chances are come from 

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

it’s slow pointless, pedestrian  possession football.  It’s absolutely garbage and so easy to play against.

it isn’t good football- not in any way shape or form and if we play like that in the league we are in for another shit season .

🤷🏻‍♂️

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

clueless - your just clueless 

🤷🏻‍♂️ Yup - thats why McInnes n Sutton said pretty much the same 😘

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We have been poor. 1 save of note goalie has had to make In 45mins v the mighty ICT at home.

A lot of unhappy fans in the stands.

Not surprised you find it acceptable though tbh.

Hopefully a better second half.

Acceptable is different from saying i know what they are trying to do and its understandable. If we were 2up which tbh we should be then yes it would be acceptable. As is nope. We have not been poor though.

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

It's by no means great but it ain't as bad as the flappers are making out. 

Having said that we need a few players in of quality because we are desperately short in key areas. 

Let's see Mr Savage earn his corn.

Not in the slightest. Need more from the players we do have too.

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Thats something that I think we are hopeless at though. We lack any change of tempo to try and exploit opportunities. To me that’s what’s possession football is about, taking your time to creat and take the advantage of the space you should be creating. The lack of creativity in this team is a concerns for me. 

We do have creativity we saw it in the first half. Enough - no , we were poor at it last season so far in the opening cup games we have been better at it. Need to step it up a bit though and need to use the players we have

3 minutes ago, RasberryJam said:

Inverness are not a decent outfit. 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Even if we signed 3 players tomorrow its unlikely they would be up to match fitness for the Celtic game.

If we sign three players this week the excuse of needing time to settle and get fully match fit will last at least until October.

Bin Halliday 3 at the back Mceneff on.

We need energy in the middle of the park and runners to go beyond Gnando IMO 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, dsk1210 said:

Not been a bad game. Not sure what all the negativity is about.

Just need to push on in the second half and get a goal or two, nice to hear a bit of crowd back at Tynecastle.

As Mikey Stewart said just need to be a bit livelier. 

2 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Bin Halliday 3 at the back Mceneff on.

We need energy in the middle of the park and runners to go beyond Gnando IMO 👍🏻

That’s a great shout 👏🏻

See now that was poor. Play it about then instead of looking to stretch it we all come inside and no ones outside on the wing to utilise the ball played over

Six F'kn passes and the ball never went forward more than 5 yds the final pass took it back deeper than it started

3 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Any update on CB on trial. Think need one in asap

All depends if he liked the cup winning video Savage sent him to convince him to sign.