Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Corstojohn said:

This has probably already been but asked but will Celtic be the first team to be knocked out of three European Competitions in the same season?

First time 3 competitions. Were knocked out 3 times once before. Which itself was a first. 

When Legia Warsaw were sanctioned for ineligible player. 

44 minutes ago, bigdav said:

How long into the game will they cling to the faint hope Celtic can get back into this.

Always makes me laugh this, no matter the opposition or the score from the previous leg, our media always always insist the old firm still have a chance in the return leg, be it Barcelona or Real Madrid it’s as if these jokers are forbidden from being honest and saying they are out or have no chance… it’s laughable 

Not Scottish clubs and yet . . . what a thing that could happen, someone tell Scottish refs this is a thing they can do.

image.thumb.png.09e88be09c80a2a8ead02478bf5ff2b2.png

What sort of budget do Bodo/Gimp have compared to us? Do they have bigger budget than Celtic? Interested to know how they are able to appear so far ahead of Celtic. I didn't think there was that much money in Norwegian football and tbh I don't think I'd really heard of them.

jambogirlglasgow
53 minutes ago, Percival King said:

I wonder if Rob McLean is keeping himself warm in these wintry conditions  by wearing his standard issue half Celtic, half Rangers scarf from his days at the BBC.

He’s in London. 

Tennant's  6's
3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Great cut back and finish

It was a sweet finish. 

Wonder what the budget is for this side,  as they play with such verve & energy. 

They do take a hell of a lot of risks though,  but fair play to them, its working 

2 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

It was a sweet finish. 

Wonder what the budget is for this side,  as they play with such verve & energy. 

They do take a hell of a lot of risks though,  but fair play to them, its working 

The verve and energy is purely to keep themselves warm!!!😉

There is so much shite coming out of hartsons mouth it is actually funny, like, that was a great strong header from scales….he almost took the guys heid aff FFS. 

12 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

What sort of budget do Bodo/Gimp have compared to us? Do they have bigger budget than Celtic? Interested to know how they are able to appear so far ahead of Celtic. I didn't think there was that much money in Norwegian football and tbh I don't think I'd really heard of them.

IIRC it's about the same as us. Smaller stadium but better TV deal.

Notably their manager is in his fifth season at the club and has built them up. First two league titles in their history the past two seasons. Bit of a yo-yo club before that.

3 minutes ago, tynie chris said:

There is so much shite coming out of hartsons mouth it is actually funny, like, that was a great strong header from scales….he almost took the guys heid aff FFS. 

Gave md a chuckle. 😃

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

IIRC it's about the same as us. Smaller stadium but better TV deal.

Notably their manager is in his fifth season at the club and has built them up. First two league titles in their history the past two seasons. Bit of a yo-yo club before that.

Cheers, always thought it was Rosenborg who dominated Norwegian football and they were a semi permanent fixture in the CL groups but seem to have vanished. 

10 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

It was a sweet finish. 

yup

Bazzas right boot

Hopefully celtic take this pumping out on hibs. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You do wonder how The Lord of The Rings 11 can roger timmy so easily. 

Not really, they're Norwegian champions. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Noticeable how Glimt's midfield in particular seems more imposing than ours. I hope we play Haring in there with Beni ideally for a bit, and maybe try to find a more imposing central midfielder. Devlin and Beni are like little terrors in there but we need some more physicality I think. Maybe even Haring and McEneff could be given a go as the midfield 2.

If there was a world cup in turd polishing then Scottish football commentators would take some beating when describing Celtic's latest euro drubbing.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Noticeable how Glimt's midfield in particular seems more imposing than ours. I hope we play Haring in there with Beni ideally for a bit, and maybe try to find a more imposing central midfielder. Devlin and Beni are like little terrors in there but we need some more physicality I think. Maybe even Haring and McEneff could be given a go as the midfield 2.

Need guys to play fast forward passes. 

That's key to how Bodo Glimt play.

Edited by Mikey1874

coatbridgejambo
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

sibbick?

Seymour M Hersh
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not really, they're Norwegian champions. 

A stadium that holds 7k. Personally I'd never heard of them before so how have they achieved this level of quality. Can we learn from it?

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A bit of a cliché but Norwegians generally are big. A country where the average height is over 6’ makes it easier to find tall players who are good. 

We_are_the_Hearts

That’s how you press as a team. Starting from front 2 then midfield behind. Our midfield is miles behind the strikers when we press. And everyone of their players look to go forward first and quick. We give teams far too much time to settle and regroup.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

A stadium that holds 7k. Personally I'd never heard of them before so how have they achieved this level of quality. Can we learn from it?

Could be a perfect storm of cherry picking the country's best young players because of their manager's knowledge of the lower leagues and the usual "big guns" of Norwegian football being seemingly very weak right now. Their manager seems very good, but who knows if he's just good with them or is genuinely a good manager who can replicate it elsewhere. Time will tell.