Scottish Clubs in Europe

Footballfirst

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The man who was manager when we beat Cowdenbeath 10 nil, he’s got some defeats on his CV 😆.,

I have a theory about that 10-0 win.

We won a lot of games that season when we scored 4 or 5 goals, then tended to ease off when the game was won.  As I recall, Jimmy Nichol had made some comments after our previous game against Cowdenbeath that Robbie seemed to take umbrage with and had a bite back, which he didn't usually do.

We were 5-0 up at HT, then went 7-0 up fairly early in the second half, at which point Robbie made 3 subs, bringing on 3 attacking players, including Sow who went on to score 2 goals.  I think Robbie wanted to stick it right up Nichol and humiliate him for his comments.  Even in the post match interview, Robbie was saying how he felt for Jimmy because it must be hard to suffer such a heavy defeat, when he's really thinking GIRFUY.

As I said up front, it's only a theory, but why against a part time club when your 7-0 up would you bring on experienced attacking players, as opposed to blooding a few youngsters or giving some other fringe players a bit of  game time.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

It's that belief though especially away from home.

I caught their first game v. Livvy and although final score was 3.0, I thought they (der Hun) were very ponderous.  But as Livingston offered nada and offered nothing up front, the goals happened through sheer pressure rather than good football.

As a PS, Scott Wright made a huge difference v. Livingston.  I never recall him ever being that decent  let alone good when at Aberdeen.

Wright is a vey good player Aberdeen have a well drilled system that players know so they do what is expected Wright never had that freedom to express himself obviously playing with better players helps him but point still stands that when you play to your strengths and don’t focus 100% on what the opponent can do you will more times than not put them on the back foot 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, RobNox said:

We won a lot of games that season when we scored 4 or 5 goals, then tended to ease off when the game was won.  As I recall, Jimmy Nichol had made some comments after our previous game against Cowdenbeath that Robbie seemed to take umbrage with and had a bite back, which he didn't usually do.

We were 5-0 up at HT, then went 7-0 up fairly early in the second half, at which point Robbie made 3 subs, bringing on 3 attacking players, including Sow who went on to score 2 goals.  I think Robbie wanted to stick it right up Nichol and humiliate him for his comments.  Even in the post match interview, Robbie was saying how he felt for Jimmy because it must be hard to suffer such a heavy defeat, when he's really thinking GIRFUY.

As I said up front, it's only a theory, but why against a part time club when your 7-0 up would you bring on experienced attacking players, as opposed to blooding a few youngsters or giving some other fringe players a bit of  game time.

Definitely.

I don’t think they were part time though 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

edit they were but had some FT players. 
https://www.centralfifetimes.com/sport/13550833.cowdenbeath-will-have-full-time-element-for-new-campaign/

Edited by Pasquale for King
Link

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Seem to recall we actually got stick in the press for being mean too Cowdenbeath by continuing to try to score. Don't remember Celtic and Rangers getting that treatment when they record big wins.

38 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

It's quite painful to listen to. Like a spurned lover trying to get back with their ex who it just so happens has taken out an injunction against them for creepy behaviour. It's all so undignified. Give it up guys, the Sevconians don't want you back so stop sucking up to them from a distance.

Want to play champions league.

sign players from wigan

lol 

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely.

I don’t think they were part time though 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

edit they were but had some FT players. 
https://www.centralfifetimes.com/sport/13550833.cowdenbeath-will-have-full-time-element-for-new-campaign/

Yeah, my recollection is that they were one of 3 PT teams (or semi PT teams) in the league that season, alongside Dumbarton and Alloa.

It tells you all you need to know about Scottish football when you can have 3 clubs who are not totally full time playing in the second tier of our league pyramid, and who would struggle to muster anything near to 1,000 home fans.

47 minutes ago, Homme said:

I think what we've seen is a bunch of Rangers players who have believed their own hype. 

100% on the money.

SectionDJambo
52 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Seem to recall we actually got stick in the press for being mean too Cowdenbeath by continuing to try to score. Don't remember Celtic and Rangers getting that treatment when they record big wins.

The 7-0 Celtic cup win at Tynecastle was an embarrassment to Celtic and Collum. Celtic for thinking it was great to try humiliate young boys trying their best for Hearts, and Collum for giving them a very soft penalty at 5-0.

I’m thankful for the attention that Celtic and their fans give to Hearts games. It shows we have managed to get under their skins on occasion, poor though our record has been over the years.

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Just read that Malmo played the 2nd half with 10 men.  This just gets better and better.

Been brought back down to earth though by BBC Scotland who tell me this has been a hugely disappointing night for rangers and Scottish football.

Has it really?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

The BBC in Scotland have never been able to read the room up here. 

Gillsland jack

Its not that much of a stretch to think Hibernian FC, could exit Europe tomorrow night, just saying!🤭

Edited by Gillsland jack

chuck berrys hairline
8 minutes ago, Gillsland jack said:

Its not that much of a stretch to think Hibernian FC, could exit Europe tonight, just saying!🤭

It's tomorrow m9

Realistically, will either/both of the arse cheeks have to sell to balance the books. Celtic have a “war chest” of significance so perhaps they can ride the storm but they do have a very large wage bill. Rangers just have the large wage bill.

8 hours ago, Kyle1874 said:

Wright is a vey good player Aberdeen have a well drilled system that players know so they do what is expected Wright never had that freedom to express himself obviously playing with better players helps him but point still stands that when you play to your strengths and don’t focus 100% on what the opponent can do you will more times than not put them on the back foot 

👍

Malmo didn’t sit in and defend both games and won. 

Rangers look ordinary and can’t play in front of crowds! 

:lol: 

8 minutes ago, Rattatooi said:

Realistically, will either/both of the arse cheeks have to sell to balance the books. Celtic have a “war chest” of significance so perhaps they can ride the storm but they do have a very large wage bill. Rangers just have the large wage bill.

Exactly. Hear the same every year. Big stories of financial chaos. Yet nothing changes. 

1 hour ago, Rattatooi said:

Tick follows tock, follows tick follows tock.

Where will Glasgow United start in the SPFL pyramid??

* daft question. At the top, of course.

Malinga the Swinga
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The man who was manager when we beat Cowdenbeath 10 nil, he’s got some defeats on his CV 😆.,

A thread devoted to other teams results, on a night when everyone is laughing at Rangers, and oh, what a surprise, up you pop with a dig at Robbie.

Pathetic, but entirely predictable.

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

A thread devoted to other teams results, on a night when everyone is laughing at Rangers, and oh, what a surprise, up you pop with a dig at Robbie.

???? He was having a go at Nicholl

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, RobNox said:

Yeah, my recollection is that they were one of 3 PT teams (or semi PT teams) in the league that season, alongside Dumbarton and Alloa.

It tells you all you need to know about Scottish football when you can have 3 clubs who are not totally full time playing in the second tier of our league pyramid, and who would struggle to muster anything near to 1,000 home fans.

That means There were more part time  teams in the league first time under Robbie as opposed to last season. 

Never knew that and agree it's poor reflection on Scottish football and imo makes even more a mockery of our 4 teir league system. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Despite his other not so subtle  digs, he's having a laugh at Jim here, not Bob. 

He's had a few pot shots tho. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Nope, read it again.

Read it 3 times and still says the same. He was replying to a post about Nicholl and said he was the manager when we humped Cowdenbeath 10 nil. Not got a clue why you think this is having a pop at our manager?? 

Malinga the Swinga
11 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Read it 3 times and still says the same. He was replying to a post about Nicholl and said he was the manager when we humped Cowdenbeath 10 nil. Not got a clue why you think this is having a pop at our manager?? 

We can agree to disagree

I would celebrate the fact that the ***** will miss out on millions but it is pointless. They will just print more money. By hook or by crook these weegie scumbags always seem to get money when it matters.

Hope wee chipmunk boy has to endure a season in limbo till his contract runs out and the huns miss out on theiir £5 billion valuation of the wee rodent.

:pleasing:

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

We can agree to disagree

Malinga, I've just gone back and looked and you're definitely wrong here. Pasquale was having a laugh at Jimmy Nicholl's expense.

Салатные палочки

Facebook is pretty funny this morning. A few Hun mates typing on tear-soaked keyboards by the looks of it. One in particular said "we should have more than enough to beat Malmo". Hmmm, but you didn't. 

When will these idiots realise that teams like Malmo are better than anything in Scotland right now and don't fear going to places like Ibrox or Parkhead? Those days are long gone. 

Салатные палочки
12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I would celebrate the fact that the ***** will miss out on millions but it is pointless. They will just print more money. By hook or by crook these weegie scumbags always seem to get money when it matters.

Hope wee chipmunk boy has to endure a season in limbo till his contract runs out and the huns miss out on theiir £5 billion valuation of the wee rodent.

:pleasing:

He'll grow to resent the club, which is even more pleasing given the status he has amongst the fans. 

4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Facebook is pretty funny this morning. A few Hun mates typing on tear-soaked keyboards by the looks of it. One in particular said "we should have more than enough to beat Malmo". Hmmm, but you didn't. 

When will these idiots realise that teams like Malmo are better than anything in Scotland right now and don't fear going to places like Ibrox or Parkhead? Those days are long gone. 

Especially with a completely unbiased team of officials running the game. 

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Especially with a completely unbiased team of officials running the game. 

Did you see the sending off? That tit Craigan thought it was a reckless challenge. 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Thoughts and prayers for all our The Rangers sympathisers this morning. 

Forever and ever Amen.

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, RobNox said:

Spot on. 

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

they are Forever (in our) Hearts

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Excuse me bit how is slagging Jimmy Nichol for getting beat 10 nil in any way shape or form having a pop at Neilson 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

buzzbomb1958

They sevco twats win one title in 12yrs and then have the arrogance to call themselves invincible (invisible more like) This result will have far reaching implications, I hope they die again but for good this time

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

They sevco twats win one title in 12yrs and then have the arrogance to call themselves invincible (invisible more like) This result will have far reaching implications, I hope they die again but for good this time

Sounds good to me 😆👍🏽

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

:jjyay:

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Excuse me bit how is slagging Jimmy Nichol for getting beat 10 nil in any way shape or form having a pop at Neilson 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

My mis-reading. Apologies.

Spitonastranger

Excellent result, also expect the media to highlight, i think it was Goldstein that he is a cheat, play acting to get a fellow professional sent off. surley Dickie Gordon will no be happy with that.