• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Big Slim Stylee
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I just find him Difficult to

watch . It’s always like a huge burden for him when he plays . There no sense of enjoyment from him and this can transfer to the viewer . Off court he’s a great guy , love his humour and personality but on Court does nothing for me . 

It’s always been tough? But I tell you what that US Open against Djokovic has to be up there with the greatest moments?

I don’t want to be an anorak but I just switched over to watch a bit of this and the lighting system on centre court really is hugely impressive. 

Big Slim Stylee
Just now, Tazio said:

I don’t want to be an anorak but I just switched over to watch a bit of this and the lighting system on centre court really is hugely impressive. 

😀

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

It’s always been tough? But I tell you what that US Open against Djokovic has to be up there with the greatest moments?

I never saw that match would you believe ! 

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I never saw that match would you believe ! 

Just insane. When you knew he was probably going to win his Wimbledon- the hard way. Because that’s what he does. Guaranteed a mid-match meltdown if he was playing the Gullane 2nds, tbh

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Big Slim Stylee said:

Just insane. When you knew he was probably going to win his Wimbledon- the hard way. Because that’s what he does. Guaranteed a mid-match meltdown if he was playing the Gullane 2nds, tbh

Yes meltdown Murray lol it’s his way of playing I suppose he probably wouldn’t have it any other way 

Big Slim Stylee
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Yes meltdown Murray lol it’s his way of playing I suppose he probably wouldn’t have it any other way 

Phenomenal what he’s achieved. Still a  Hibs ******* though😀

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, neilnunb said:

Great lob!

Well done Andy 😁

Tough one up next but showing great fight

Who’s next ? 

JudyJudyJudy

Judys dressed like she has just came from the bingo 😎 ( it’s a compliment ) 

Big Slim Stylee
Just now, neilnunb said:

Great lob!

Well done Andy 😁

Tough one up next but showing great fight

I think we agree it’s maybe one too far mate? He’s got to be knackered now. Still it’s Murray so you never know?

17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Lol It’s ok I’m over it already 

🤨😤

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

🤣🤣

What BC a 5th set performance , to hold that 7th game was impressive fortitude. Those disguised lobs ridiculous

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, neilnunb said:

Shapovalov...so the umpire better watch out 😁

Oh right . He’s not bad at all 

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It is indeed. I thought they were  playing in natural daylight as it was still light up here, then they cut to outside the stadium and it was dark in London. 

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Shapovalov...so the umpire better watch out 😁

im sure he has had a walkover due to one of his opponents not being fit to play one of his matches

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It is. Must've cost a few bob, mind.

23 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

watch . It’s always like a huge burden for him when he plays . There no sense of enjoyment from him and this can transfer to the viewer . Off court he’s a great guy , love his humour and personality but on Court does nothing for me . 

Now watching him at 60% is tough. 

Some good play but he's well away. 

Maroon Sailor

Already played 7 and a half hours in his first 2 matches or metches as he says

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤨😤

🤣🤣

What BC a 5th set performance , to hold that 7th game was impressive fortitude. Those disguised lobs ridiculous

Yes it’s a wonderful shot . Always takes me surprise when they play it . Another favourite is the top

spin drop shot which your pal Sabatini

was adept at . I can do a mean top spin volley at table tennis still 😂

132goals1958

Compelling as always and great credit to his opponent. Not often you see a wild card play someone outside the top 100 on the centre court.

20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes it’s a wonderful shot . Always takes me surprise when they play it . Another favourite is the top

spin drop shot which your pal Sabatini

was adept at . I can do a mean top spin volley at table tennis still 😂

Ill take it thats not some euphemism , haha Martincova needs to learn the top spin drop shot….

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ill take it thats not some euphemism , haha Martincova needs to learn the top spin drop shot….

No it’s not ! It’s a good shot to play ! I’ll need to look out for her . See her in action 

Harry Potter
8 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

He wins James, is that not enough.

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

He wins James, is that not enough.

Lol like I said off court a good guy apart from the Hobbos connection but on court miserable as sin 

Murray will be out in the next round, he's probably put his body through the ringer last night. Fair play to him though for giving it one last go and refusing to go out with a whimper. 

JudyJudyJudy

Probably men’s match of the day is 

Federer v Gasquet    Expect a lot of elegance , panache and various wee “ cute “ shots !!! Think Fed will Win this though as they both know each other’s game inside out 

All the other top men playing as well  today 

Pliskova v Pavlyuchenkova 

Grauff v Vesnina 

men’s women’s and the “ mixed up doubles “ start today too 

Mars plastic

Chants of 'Lets go, Andy, lets go', Henman Hill and Murray Mound is a yearly reminder of just how utterly naff and wanky Wimbledon actually is. 

Add Cliff Richard orchestrating an excruciating sing along in the mid 90's to that list of complete shitness.

Edited by Mars plastic

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Murray will be out in the next round, he's probably put his body through the ringer last night. Fair play to him though for giving it one last go and refusing to go out with a whimper. 

Think so . Yes his next opponent is. Rising star really . Ranked number 15 so it’s curtains for him . Happens all the time in tennis new young guns take over from the established players . Graf knocked Martina off her perch , Seles knocked Graf , Hingis knocked her off , etc . McEnroe painfully knocked Borg ( Although he was still playing well ) Lendl knocked McEnroe , Becker’ knocked Lendl . Anyone talk of knockers that’s usually your guys coversations 😂😂😂

Actually one could sense he was loving the crowd last night even though his pus often tells a different story . We maybe forget that they love the adulation of the crowd and inspires them on . 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Chants of 'Lets go, Andy, lets go', Henman Hill and Murray Mound is a yearly reminder of just how utterly naff and wanky Wimbledon actually is. 

So true but I love it but the crowd are a bunch of absolute bell ends most of the time , cheering when a pidgeon flies on to court . A***holes really . The camera panned on these two plonkers last night !! The one to left was posing with his moustache At the camera 

55AC89A8-B4CF-4198-BF79-2AB95FC053F6.jpeg

Mars plastic
6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

So true but I love it but the crowd are a bunch of absolute bell ends most of the time , cheering when a pidgeon flies on to court . A***holes really . The camera panned on these two plonkers last night !! The one to left was posing with his moustache At the camera 

55AC89A8-B4CF-4198-BF79-2AB95FC053F6.jpeg

Foe the love of donald duck. 

I'm sure the bell end's bell end Lewis Hamilton turned up in ripped jeans and a t-shirt one year and was promptly told to nash. Fantastic stuff.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Foe the love of donald duck. 

I'm sure the bell end's bell end Lewis Hamilton turned up in ripped jeans and a t-shirt one year and was promptly told to nash. Fantastic stuff.

😂😂

jack D and coke

I enjoyed the game last night but chanting “we love you Murray we do” and the two absolute tossers he handed his towel or whatever to at the end made me cringe my tits off. The w@nker in the Scotland rugby top :cornette:

Hes not a shadow of himself and will get emptied next round for certain. He’s immobile and slow around the court now in comparison to his better days, which is understandable. 
Like others have said though he’s stressful as **** to watch :lol: I always feel a bit drained after his matches. 

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

:jj:

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Lol like I said off court a good guy apart from the Hobbos connection but on court miserable as sin 

🙂, he was getting worked up last night, what a finish to win the match.

AlimOzturk
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I enjoyed the game last night but chanting “we love you Murray we do” and the two absolute tossers he handed his towel or whatever to at the end made me cringe my tits off. The w@nker in the Scotland rugby top :cornette:

Hes not a shadow of himself and will get emptied next round for certain. He’s immobile and slow around the court now in comparison to his better days, which is understandable. 
Like others have said though he’s stressful as **** to watch :lol: I always feel a bit drained after his matches. 

Aii plenty cringe around tennis. They only like Murray when he is winning. Soon as he loses he is a Scottish *****. 

Would something if Murray could pull of another win in this tournament. It is actually miraculous that is playing to any decent standard at all. Takes a lot of mental fortitude to play on despite knowing your body won’t allow you to do the things you use to. Can clearly see he wants to go all out blood and guts but simply can’t. I don’t think he is able to adapt his game either. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

PortyJambo

Norrie definitely a Jambo, umpire let him choose which towel bucket he wanted and he chose purple over green :lol:

• davemclaren changed the title to Grand Slam Tennis ( updated )