Official linlithgow rose match day thread! Match on!!

braveheart

Footballfirst
26 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Neilson said during the week that we were lining up a few friendlies.  My pick is that one or two will be announced this week.

We've got a step up in class on Tuesday evening with games against two Lowland League sides (CSS & Spartans).

I'd expect similar line ups with the sides that played in each half being supplemented with other youngsters. 

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• davemclaren

• Ford Prentice

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

We've got a step up in class on Tuesday evening with games against two Lowland League sides (CSS & Spartans).

I'd expect similar line ups with the sides that played in each half being supplemented with other youngsters. 

Most kbers would not know that Rose are now a shadow of side they once were FF.

3 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Yes, makes sense I suppose although I wonder what information they gathered to make the decision to go ahead today that they couldn't have found out before cancelling last night's game. 

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

My guess is they probably got another round of PCR tests done on the squad yesterday, but wouldn't have had the results back in sufficient time so made a call early to cancel Berwick. 

Looked a good run out today, great to see fans back in the ground, and always good for confidence. Suspect the cancellation of last night's game probably changed who we brought through today. 

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

We must be the saddest top league side in Scotland at the moment.

Can't sign any decent players and can only get a pre season game against teams from the sixth tier of Scottish football.

Utterly depressing.

We certainly know who the saddest poster is.

25 minutes ago, DALLY JAMBO said:

Really a good day well set up parking at the academy, temp checks, track and trace and tannoy announcements reminding people to wear masks and maintain social distancing big shout out to all the rose staff. All players got a wee run out. Michael Smith captain for the first half commanding at the back and giving the youngsters some good coaching, Oliphant the bakers pies are the dugs bass.

Used to be great on a Friday night (back in the day) spilling out the pub and nipping down the lane to the Oliphants bakehouse to buy a couple of freshly made mince pies just out the ovens. 

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I got the impression that Neilson was signaling bigger games.

Footballfirst
8 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Most kbers would not know that Rose are now a shadow of side they once were FF.

Yes. Their standard has dropped over the last few years although they looked to be on the up again after giving Falkirk a fright in the Scottish Cup.

They were lying third in the EOS Premier division when it was aborted last season.

I notice that Jeanfield Swifts who topped the EOS Premier division last year beat Spartans at Ainslie Park today. Kilwinning also beat Bonnyrigg at New Dundas Park, so there is a fair bit of realignment required in the pyramid before everyone finds their level. 

Edited by Footballfirst

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Can't sign any decent players and can only get a pre season game against teams from the sixth tier of Scottish football.

Utterly depressing.

I remember in the fifties Hearts played friendles against lower league teams and even amateurs.   That was the team that had Conn, Bauld and Wardhaugh in it.  Didn't do them any harm.

PhoenixHearts

Saw the pictures and for a split second thought Rose was our new home kit 😅

Umbro and everything.

1 hour ago, DALLY JAMBO said:

Really a good day well set up parking at the academy, temp checks, track and trace and tannoy announcements reminding people to wear masks and maintain social distancing big shout out to all the rose staff. All players got a wee run out. Michael Smith captain for the first half commanding at the back and giving the youngsters some good coaching, Oliphant the bakers pies are the dugs bass.

Oliphant steak pies and tattie scones are the finest in the world. 

wattie exploited
38 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Saw the pictures and for a split second thought Rose was our new home kit 😅

Umbro and everything.

your not alone my wife asked me who the new sponsors on the strip was lol !!!!!!!!!!!!! :rifle: 

1 hour ago, Jambo1956 said:

We certainly know who the saddest poster is.

There is about 40 just now to pick from.

WoolfordsHearts

It's good we're playing diddy teams like lithgae rose pre-season,it's only shooting practice at the end of the day.

My youngest son wants to go to Spartans this Weds night - will it likely be a young Hearts side? 

Think I saw Spartans are playing Pars on Weds.

Also Blair Henderson has signed for them - that’s a good bit of business. Is he not better than this level? 

Always good to rack it some goals pre season.

Good to hear a few youngsters playing good football as well.

With Rankin (seen that mentioned elsewhere) taking the team today does that mean Robbie and his 2 assistants are the ones with Covid????

The Treasurer
31 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

My youngest son wants to go to Spartans this Weds night - will it likely be a young Hearts side? 

Think I saw Spartans are playing Pars on Weds.

Also Blair Henderson has signed for them - that’s a good bit of business. Is he not better than this level? 

Thought you had given up until RN had been emptied 

The Treasurer
30 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Always good to rack it some goals pre season.

Good to hear a few youngsters playing good football as well.

With Rankin (seen that mentioned elsewhere) taking the team today does that mean Robbie and his 2 assistants are the ones with Covid????

Think it safe to say that some of the management staff were either affected or in close contact. 

heartandsoul
3 hours ago, tian447 said:

But... But... But... It might have been 6-0, but Linlithgow Rose play in the 6th tier of Scottish football, so you have to take a goal off per tier, which really means we drew 0-0 with a non-league team, and it shows up NHEILSON as a complete and utter.... 

Or words to those effects. :lol:

Good result today, run around and get rid of some cobwebs in a game that's a bit different to what the players will be up against this season.  Glad for the younger guys to pop up with a couple of decent goals as well!  

Anyone who sits there hand-wringing and finding fault with a game like today is a *****. 

This

Decent win for us, hope we can keep this winning momentum up, i hope we get a couple of quality players signed up by early next week, preferably a CH and a Midfeilder.

19 minutes ago, heartandsoul said:

This

Nobody is finding fault with winning 6-0 it's the opposition that makes it meehhh, read the season ticket thread for clarification of where we are at, first game is Celtic, Nielson will have his excuses ready man's an idiot.

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Top form Morgan. Mackenzie Kirk bangs in the 6th.  

Going to have a pint at lunchtime and see if I can come up with a word that rhymes with Pollock.  Will let you know.

Bollock.

Thank me later.

😍

Cairneyhill Jambo
1 hour ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

It's good we're playing diddy teams like lithgae rose pre-season,it's only shooting practice at the end of the day.

Feel free to show a bit of respect eh? Linlithgow Rose were one of the best run and successful junior clubs before the moved up to the East of Scotland leagues. 

17 minutes ago, sac said:

James T Kirk, former captain.

But, not as we know it, Jim.

59 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Thought you had given up until RN had been emptied 

Youngest son.

Not me

53 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

first game is Celtic, Nielson will have his excuses ready man's an idiot.

???? Think you might be wrong there, unless your team has celtic in a friendly 

You can never take much from Friendlies.

You play a wee team and thrash them, what did you learn?

You play a big team and get gubbed. Nothing like starting the season with a low morale.

You play a team roughly as good as you but end up trying too hard and injuring yourselves. Counter productive.

It's also impossible to know if the opposition are trying their best, pulling out of tackles to avoid injury or are playing only for match fitness.

No injuries, a win and a general improvement in match fitness are lovely but they don't mean much going into a season that will be contested tooth and nail.

4 hours ago, Fraggle said:

My guess is they probably got another round of PCR tests done on the squad yesterday, but wouldn't have had the results back in sufficient time so made a call early to cancel Berwick. 

Maybe 

Evening News suggests issue may be mainly with coaching staff

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-thump-linlithgow-rose-with-john-rankin-in-charge-as-loic-damour-recalled-and-harry-stone-in-goal-3287730?amp

5 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Utterly depressing.

I don’t even know what’s real on this site anymore 😩

27 minutes ago, Cade said:

You play a big team and get gubbed. Nothing like starting the season with a low morale.

You play a team roughly as good as you but end up trying too hard and injuring yourselves. Counter productive.

It's also impossible to know if the opposition are trying their best, pulling out of tackles to avoid injury or are playing only for match fitness.

No injuries, a win and a general improvement in match fitness are lovely but they don't mean much going into a season that will be contested tooth and nail.

Stop being sensible.

thoroughly agree

This post will win zero contributions. 

davemclaren
30 minutes ago, Cade said:

Absolutely right. I’ve seen good seasons where we were very poor in pre season friendlies and poor seasons when we played well in pre-season friendlies.

I still feel better when we win then though. 

6 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Utterly depressing.

You need help. 

Utterly depressing.

You need help. 

2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Nobody is finding fault with winning 6-0 it's the opposition that makes it meehhh, read the season ticket thread for clarification of where we are at, first game is Celtic, Nielson will have his excuses ready man's an idiot.

So, you expect us to guarantee a win over Celtic?

What exactly is our win percentage over Celtic in the last 40 years?

A very poor attempt by a serial moaner to set some artificial target that has no reasonable expectation given that revenue streams are reduced while people defer/boycott season tickets and its unknown how many fans can get into Tynie.

4 minutes ago, Wilson said:

You need help. 

This.

Some people expecting sell out glamour friendlies against Man City or PSG.  :rofl:

No Idle Talk
6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Top form Morgan. Mackenzie Kirk bangs in the 6th.  

Going to have a pint at lunchtime and see if I can come up with a word that rhymes with Pollock.  Will let you know.

Pollock rhymes with Pollock. Perhaps we could sing some sort of fish themed song going for young Finlay?

Jack Ross is a bass but we've got Finlay Pollock.....

Edited by No Idle Talk

Utterly depressing.

I’ll indulge you. IT’S A ****ING PRE-SEASON ****ING FRIENDLY.

8 hours ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Presumably everyone involved would have required testing, probably PCR tests, so not only would the results take a bit of time but the joint authorities won't all be sitting around waiting for football clubs to require a decision, and so, even if the test results were available, if everything wasn't 100% risk free the decision had to be no. Again, presumably, this morning all the test results were known and those responsible were available to make the decision to play the game.

PCR tests aren't worth shit unfortunately, our foster kid got sent home from school as she was deemed to be a close contact of someone in her class who tested positive. She took a PCR test which was negative and still has to self isolate for 10 days because the tests can't be trusted.

I'm not looking for an argument over this, I know tough decisions have to be made.

6 hours ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Whatever the reasoning behind the decisions I think we can be 100% certain that there was nothing untoward about either one.

Agreed.

8 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Utterly depressing.

Oh look its another I cant post anything positive about my team post from IL. 

What a crock of shit this post is , like most of your others.

8 hours ago, tian447 said:

But... But... But... It might have been 6-0, but Linlithgow Rose play in the 6th tier of Scottish football, so you have to take a goal off per tier, which really means we drew 0-0 with a non-league team, and it shows up NHEILSON as a complete and utter.... 

Or words to those effects. :lol:

Good result today, run around and get rid of some cobwebs in a game that's a bit different to what the players will be up against this season.  Glad for the younger guys to pop up with a couple of decent goals as well!  

Anyone who sits there hand-wringing and finding fault with a game like today is a *****. 

🤣🤣 I think i may love you Tian 🤣🤣

6 hours ago, RENE said:

I remember in the fifties Hearts played friendles against lower league teams and even amateurs.   That was the team that had Conn, Bauld and Wardhaugh in it.  Didn't do them any harm.

Makes no odds who you play in preseason its about building fitness and some

confidence and thats about it. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Makes no odds who you play in preseason its about building fitness and some

confidence and thats about it. 

Our multi-million pound 2005/06 squad played mighty Berwick, East Fife and Stirling Albion pre season. Couldn't even beat Berwick - drew 0-0 less than 2 weeks before the start of the season.

21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Our multi-million pound 2005/06 squad played mighty Berwick, East Fife and Stirling Albion pre season. Couldn't even beat Berwick - drew 0-0 less than 2 weeks before the start of the season.

https://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/200507171.html

That’s some multimillion pound squad that drew with berwick :lol:

I agree with your point though, couldn’t care if we win friendlies 6-0 or get beat, it’s just about match sharpness.  All I care about is our competitive fixtures. 

Independence

What another crazy thread on KB with the moaners shouting the loudest again. Sorry, but several of them are definitely not Hearts fans. Thats for certain!