London for the England game.

Negan

The poor kids in my school played kerbie, shit on a stick, football and caught bumble bees in old jam jars growing up. Can't say too many went go karting.

You could probably send your kid to Stewert Melvilles for the same as yearly Go Karting costs.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• i8hibsh

• BackOfTheNet

• Jambo61

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Not sure why these millionnaire spoilt players can express their opinions but the paying average Joe in the stand can't.

Hello there! I'm curious: in what way can't they? It seems like you can and do, quite a lot. If someone challenges your views, they haven't stopped you from offering them; if anything, they've asked you to talk further.

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, strophic said:

Hello there! I'm curious: in what way can't they? It seems like you can and do, quite a lot. If someone challenges your views, they haven't stopped you from offering them; if anything, they've asked you to talk further.

He's posting on a forum to a few hundred. Top players are speaking to millions.  

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

He's posting on a forum to a few hundred. Top players are speaking to millions.  

Oh ok thanks, perhaps the phrasing has thrown me! So it's not about whether or not the average Joe in the stand can express his opinions, but whether there is an equally receptive audience of millions to listen to it?

9 minutes ago, strophic said:

I am talking about the taking of the knee. Because if they boo they are being demonised.  

We must sit there and see the world exactly through the eyes of these mega rich footballers.

Me, I see it differently.  I simply do not see the inequlaity that they see.  I also take offence to the whole BLM thing - I find it highly racist against white people, violent and greedy.

What a player does in their own private lives is of no concern to me, I just don't want to see it.  I am certain that the vast majority of people feel the same.

When there were no fans they got away with this charade but now fans are back, the real people, those who pay their wages and they are speaking.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I am talking about the taking of the knee. Because if they boo they are being demonised.  

We must sit there and see the world exactly through the eyes of these mega rich footballers.

Me, I see it differently.  I simply do not see the inequlaity that they see.  I also take offence to the whole BLM thing - I find it highly racist against white people, violent and greedy.

What a player does in their own private lives is of no concern to me, I just don't want to see it.  I am certain that the vast majority of people feel the same.

When there were no fans they got away with this charade but now fans are back, the real people, those who pay their wages and they are speaking.

Really? Who's forcing you?

been here before
Just now, fancy a brew said:

He forces himselfso he can be outraged on here.

Just now, fancy a brew said:

Emotional blackmail.

Also, anyone speaking out is thrown the 'ist' card.

It is tiresome, really tiresome.

Anyway, since I haven't helped with going off topic: I live in Hackney and will be watching at home, but I hope the folk going down enjoy themselves and keep themselves safe!

Gorgie_Rules

Heading to Hyde Park during the day the friday then pub booked in Shoreditch for the game. Big crowd of us going and looking forward to spending time with some mates that haven’t seen in over 16 months.

It’s all within the rules travelling down, Sadiq Khan himself has said he wants Scots to go down and enjoy the city but make sure you have plans. 

Getting on a train/flight to London, staying in a hotel, walking about the city, pub bookings for watching the game - all within the current covid rules by the way.

Some folk seem hell bent on ensuring any marginal return to something that resembles ‘normal’ life is prevented. People deserve an opportunity to have a weekend enjoying themselves, and whether you like it or not, the current UK and Scottish government rules allow it.

10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Emotional blackmail.

Also, anyone speaking out is thrown the 'ist' card

If you go through life searching for things to be offended by, I could see that might be a problem for you.

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is tiresome, really tiresome.

Something we can all agree on. 😉

4 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

I'll be the only Scot in the village in my favourite Millwall pub for the game. I fully expect a Scotland win. 

I had booked tables at a couple of my locals, and the Edinboro Castle ( seems like a popular pub for Scots although I hate the place), but got invited to South London which is an adopted home for me. Personally I think that Friday the 18th will be a massive party in London so you might as well forget the Covid rules. My only concern would be the young England fans from Lewis Hamilton type slums who will be on the streets drinking beer in the Sun. I'm convinced Scotland will qualify for the knock out stages so there is a lot of fun to come. 

Have a great day out if you're coming to London. 

Hope I’m wrong but there will be a few punch ups I reckon. There will be boys out for a dust up and will go looking for it. Especially in the parks. 
Enjoy your boozers, mate. Hope you have a good one. 

Slowly but surely BLM  is being exposed for what it really is. Hopefully we wont have to put up with this pantomime much longer.

Notice no fan ever boos 'give racism the red card' this is because this is a simple non profit message that speaks to all.

Then they suddenly become racist when players take the knee. Give me a break.

Forever Hearts
13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Slowly but surely BLM  is being exposed for what it really is. Hopefully we wont have to put up with this pantomime much longer.

Notice no fan ever boos 'give racism the red card' this is because this is a simple non profit message that speaks to all.

Excellent point and post. 👏

13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I’ve read more about gareth southgates thoughts on taking the knee, crowd booing etc than I have about his team selection, tactics :lol:

It’s some world we live in now.

29 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Heading to Hyde Park during the day the friday then pub booked in Shoreditch for the game. Big crowd of us going and looking forward to spending time with some mates that haven’t seen in over 16 months.

It’s all within the rules travelling down, Sadiq Khan himself has said he wants Scots to go down and enjoy the city but make sure you have plans. 

Getting on a train/flight to London, staying in a hotel, walking about the city, pub bookings for watching the game - all within the current covid rules by the way.

Some folk seem hell bent on ensuring any marginal return to something that resembles ‘normal’ life is prevented. People deserve an opportunity to have a weekend enjoying themselves, and whether you like it or not, the current UK and Scottish government rules allow it.

That sounds like a good sensible plan.Have a great time.