Graffiti Edinburgh

Rudy T

It’s getting out of control, drove through the grass market / cow gate earlier it’s everywhere. Should catch them and make them clean the lot off. Mate and Youts or some such shite all over the place. 

The entire city is a shitehole.  Graffiti, dog shit, rubbish, covid masks, fag ends, beer cans, pot holes and every second slab is uneven and people are falling all over the place.

I pass the Cowgate most days and there, St Mary's St, Holyrood Road, Pleasance is now resembling something form the third world.

I wrote and complained to the council recently, got the old ‘thanks, we will send a team out to clean up’ then next day it is a shit fest again.

Alleyways reeking of stale piss and no good vagrant pieces of shite loitering as they continue to contribute **** all to society.

In the Cowgate vicinity there is a crisis centre and a salvation army house.  Crisis centres are a great idea as they are designed for battered wives and who would not support a safe zone for them.  However, all these places are filled up with are no good wasters, non UK nationals, druggies and alkies.  I see them everyday, the same folk usually with their dogs (who shit everywhere) – nothing is being done.

I heard from a policewoman friend of mine that 2 more ‘crisis centres’ are being planned for this area.  It is going to get worse and worse.

Edinburgh is a ****ing shithole and those in charge should hang their heads in shame!

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The entire city is a shitehole.  Graffiti, dog shit, rubbish, covid masks, fag ends, beer cans, pot holes and every second slab is uneven and people are falling all over the place.

I pass the Cowgate most days and there, St Mary's St, Holyrood Road, Pleasance is now resembling something form the third world.

I wrote and complained to the council recently, got the old ‘thanks, we will send a team out to clean up’ then next day it is a shit fest again.

Alleyways reeking of stale piss and no good vagrant pieces of shite loitering as they continue to contribute **** all to society.

In the Cowgate vicinity there is a crisis centre and a salvation army house.  Crisis centres are a great idea as they are designed for battered wives and who would not support a safe zone for them.  However, all these places are filled up with are no good wasters, non UK nationals, druggies and alkies.  I see them everyday, the same folk usually with their dogs (who shit everywhere) – nothing is being done.

I heard from a policewoman friend of mine that 2 more ‘crisis centres’ are being planned for this area.  It is going to get worse and worse.

Edinburgh is a ****ing shithole and those in charge should hang their heads in shame!

Budge oot 😂

Jeffros Furios
12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I agree .

Enzo Chiefo
20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Well said!. We need more straight-talking imo

I do a lot of walking, an awful lot.  I walk all over the city and beyond.  From my observations the worst areas are:

Leith Walk

Gorgie Road

Dalry Road (especially behind Lidl by the playpark)

The Cowgate

The top of Holyrood Road

Behind Haymarket station

Telford Path

Roseburn Path

Edited by i8hibsh

29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Those responsible should hang their heads in shame.

1 minute ago, FWJ said:

Those responsible should hang their heads in shame.

Goes without saying.

I also forgot to mention the amount of fly tipping is out of control.  Fridges, sofas, beds, mattresses etc.  Utter *****.

We should have environmental officers out on patrol with the full backing of Police Scotland with full authority to issue on the spot fines for dog mess, fag ends, rubbish etc.  

It should be zero tolerance.  Take it out the scumbags giros - that will make them care.

Governor Tarkin
46 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

It’s getting out of control, drove through the grass market / cow gate earlier it’s everywhere. Should catch them and make them clean the lot off. Mate and Youts or some such shite all over the place. 

These ***** must be well into their 30s by now.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

the amount of fly tipping is out of control.  Fridges, sofas, beds, mattresses etc.  Utter *****.

Aye this is doing my nut in. Loads going on around my manor atm. Building materials too,

54 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Agree. The place is filthy. 

19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We should have environmental officers out on patrol with the full backing of Police Scotland with full authority to issue on the spot fines for dog mess, fag ends, rubbish etc.  

It should be zero tolerance.  Take it out the scumbags giros - that will make them care.

Again, agree. The lack of any attempt by the council to fine those not picking up dugshit and stop littering Disgraceful. 

34 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yeah, I walk from George Square to Holyrood most days and it is depressing. It could and should be a stunning area, it has Georgian buildings galore, Surgeon's Hall, the Old College, Festival Theatre, etc. I pass blue plaques for Peter Higgs (Nobel Prize winner), Peter Roget (Thesaurus), Benjamin Rush (first US surgeon general) and a few other notables depending on my route, which I try to vary but always ends up depressing.

Just now, Cruyff said:

Again, agree. The lack of any attempt by the council to fine those not picking up dugshit and stop littering Disgraceful. 

They have lovely novel signs saying "someone keeps forgetting to pick up their poo"

That will stop em!

38 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

These ***** must be well into their 30s by now.

Aye this is doing my nut in. Loads going on around my manor atm. Building materials too,

Someone must have seen them doing this, how have the thin lizzies not got a hold of them by now. Bash on with disused warehouses etc but all over the centre of town is just a piss take.

Sawdust Caesar
5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Someone must have seen them doing this, how have the thin lizzies not got a hold of them by now. Bash on with disused warehouses etc but all over the centre of town is just a piss take.

I phoned the police when I saw a guy spray painting graffiti on a wall opposite my flat. They took his description of me but they never showed up. Boy was at it for ages as well, I kept thinking the police will be here any minute now and grab him but no, 45 minutes later he finishes what he's doing and buggers off. 

2 minutes ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

I phoned the police when I saw a guy spray painting graffiti on a wall opposite my flat. They took his description of me but they never showed up. Boy was at it for ages as well, I kept thinking the police will be here any minute now and grab him but no, 45 minutes later he finishes what he's doing and buggers off. 

You should’ve got his spray can and rammed it up his hoop!

JudyJudyJudy

This has been a topic before as we discussed her classic early 1990s graffiti about “ Marilyn Clark “ which was written all over the city centre . The graffiti said “ Marilyn Clark is a wee wee blonde bitch “ “ Marilyn Clark is a cow “ etc ! There were regular  updates about her ! Never got to the bottom of who she was and who the disgruntled ex was ! 

JudyJudyJudy

Graffiti is arty at times , fair livens up the monochrome beige and gray of Edinburgh in my opinion 

Pasquale for King

Was trying to scrub some off a wall they other day, was taking the paint underneath it off too so stopped. It wasn’t sprat paint though, it had definitely been applied with a paint brush 🤷🏾‍♂️.
It’s definitely becoming more prevalent, or not being removed as much. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Graffiti is arty at times , fair livens up the monochrome beige and gray of Edinburgh in my opinion 

Yes I agree but some of it in the wrong place just looks daft.
The clubs season ticket video wouldn’t have looked the same if it had included the graffiti outside the Diggers for instance. 

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I think we are talking about tagging. It is just wee ******s writing their names on walls.

4 hours ago, obua said:

Budge oot 😂

:rofl:I was actually waiting for him blaming her !

3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Agree, there is some nice Graffiti which does brighten up some areas but tagging on our listed buildings is unacceptable and should carry a jail sentence as a deterrent. 

Calders underpass at the terminus in the 80s had (amongst loads of other stuff) a sprayed squint line about 8ft high with the advice, “if you can pish this high, join the fire brigade!”........

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Agree, there is some nice Graffiti which does brighten up some areas but tagging on our listed buildings is unacceptable and should carry a jail sentence as a deterrent. 

👍 not on listed buildings 

ArcticJambo
22 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Absolutely this!  Think I mentioned it before but few months back I noticed dsome utter ***** had tagged the Flodden Wall at Heriot Place at Lauriston Place. 

been here before
4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

:facepalm:

crunchy frog

"Angels With Dirty Faces", on a wall in  Durar Drive Clermiston 1978. Done with a paintbrush. Epic.

4 hours ago, westbow said:

I think we are talking about tagging. It is just wee ******s writing their names on walls.

What is the point of this tagging? See who can deface the most buildings? Do the names have some meaning, I’m an old cogger these days I just don’t get it?

4 hours ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

Pretty sure if you said to the polis that someone will stop the prick with his paint if they don't, they'd be there in a heart beat.

Marilyn Clark all over the town but out my neck of the woods McCabe and "Pam Forgive Me" on Sighthll Pavillion after some cheap lager fumbling gone wrong stick in the memory.

Pretty sure he got a reply and told to forget it it's over.

Best one was this up Wester Hailes.

PUNKSNOTDEAD.jpg

Savage Vince

The place is absolutely filthy. Has anyone noticed the weeds crawling out from the cracks in the pavements too. Disgrace. 

maroondevo52
15 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

The place is absolutely filthy. Has anyone noticed the weeds crawling out from the cracks in the pavements too. Disgrace. 

JKB ?

J.T.F.Robertson

I love being home but it can look a bit of a shitehouse in places. Too many couldn't give a fekers!

hughesie27

I like the idea of Crisis Centres. Bit not if they are filled with people in Crisis like. Not on my patch anyway.

18 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Fully agree. 

Every councillor currently elected needs to be voted out. 

JudyJudyJudy
19 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

What’s wrong with having more crisis centres ? There is clearly a need for them , in particular after the economic collapse of covid and various stresses in families 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

What’s wrong with having more crisis centres ? There is clearly a need for them , in particular after the economic collapse of covid and various stresses in families 

They are being abused in every way and attracting undesireables who all congregate outside them all day.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

They are being abused in every way and attracting undesireables who all congregate outside them all day.

I can see your point about them attracting some other people’s outside but where else would they have these “ crisis centres “ ? I used to work at the homeless hostel at Potter row which was run by the Benidictine Brothers ( basically Catholic Church ) and it was heart breaking to hear some of the older residents stories of how they had reached that point in their lives . It can happen to anyone 

The Gorgie

The whole city is a shit hole. Because we have a castle on top of a big rock in the centre of it people think it's a wonderful place. Other than going to Tynecastle I'd happily never set foot in the place again.

been here before
27 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

The whole city is a shit hole. Because we have a castle on top of a big rock in the centre of it people think it's a wonderful place. Other than going to Tynecastle I'd happily never set foot in the place again.

Theres 1000s of folk go to Tynecastle who dont live in Edinburgh. If the place is that bad theres nothing stopping you from leaving.

Go for it.

21 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Indeed.