Kyle Lafferty leaves Kilmarnock - joins Anorthosis Famagusta

Forever Hearts

bajthejambo
6 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

So the reason Aberdeen wouldn't 'accept' Lafferty is because...he dived against them years ago? Really? Do I need to dig out evidence of Aberdeen players diving? 

Aberdeen clearly accept cheats and wind up merhant's as they've just signed one of the biggest in Scott Brown. World of difference apparently. 

I wonder if Aberdeen fans would "hand back season tickets" if they ever signed a player that, oh I don't know say, was jailed for attacking someone with a baseball bat and caused them to suffer a brain haemorrhage and a fractured skull? Probably a bit worse than someone diving against them I'd say. 

Or would Aberdeen fans "hand back season tickets" if they appointed a coach who was just involved in a drink driving crash that left someone with life changing injuries. Nah doesn't come close to someone feigning a headbutt in a football match years ago. 

What a complete and utter slaver. 

Peter Pawlett.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Forever Hearts

• Last Laff

• Unknown user

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Absolutely not.

Would hate to see Lafferty turn up as an Aberdeen player.

Indeed, if he ever did, I would hand back my season ticket.

You'd soon change your mind if he rammed in 20 goals for Aberdeen.

mellors1874
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Bring him back. What did he get 11 from 12 games.. class player.. 

Nah he dropped his scants quick enough to be a bench warmer for rangers.

No thanks and get younger in 

A_A wehatethehibs

Maybe Dundee will take him?

And the Hearts fans who wanted the cumdog- Lafferty strike partnership will get their wish :lol: 

heartsfc_fan
17 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I'm 50/50 on Lafferty.   I take on board all the stats and what he can bring but ultimately I would rather look forward than back.  

Pretty much my view.

58 minutes ago, David Black said:

Not in a million years. How can some on here rightly claim the squad is to old, that we need younger, hungrier players with a sell on value, yet at the same time they are talking about Logan and now Lafferty. There was another 34 yo mentioned as well but can't remember who it was. 

When it comes to putting the ball in the net, it doesn't matter if he's 24 or 34. A 24 year-old would be snapped up and not even be near Hearts. Those days are well gone seeing as we lack ambition and scared to spend some cash. 

I'd heard recently that Rangers have given a 38/39 year old Jermaine Defoe another years contract. Gerrard obviously believes he can still contribute so i don't see the difference.

I'm not saying Hearts should or shouldn't sign Lafferty, i'm saying that if the powers that be can afford to ignore any player that could score into double figures next season and be the potential difference between qualifying for Europe or not then more fool them. 

Yeuch, sanctimonious drivel from football fans is the worst.

Mind we signed Willie Johnston when only a couple of years before he stamped on Chris Robertson's head? He arrived like the Messiah at Tynecastle.

43 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Nookie has been getting away with it all this time?  What gave it away? 

I'm not sure if your last sentence is tongue in cheek but IMO the word BEAR gives it away.

10 minutes ago, westbow said:

Yeuch, sanctimonious drivel from football fans is the worst.

Mind we signed Willie Johnston when only a couple of years before he stamped on Chris Robertson's head? He arrived like the Messiah at Tynecastle.

pretty certain it was Peter Shields. 

34 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Na thats not fair , he may have pushed the move through but we did ok out of it and financially it suited us good transfer fee and saved us having to up his wage as per his contract. No team will get the value for money we did with him , that includes Killies last three months 👍🏻

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

World of difference between Scott Brown and Kyle Laugherty

One's a total and utter welt, the other is just a bit of a daft laddie. Well seen which one is suited to you lot.

kingantti1874
37 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

If rangers or celtic for that matter offered me 4 times my wages I’d drop my scants as well.

I agree with the younger players sentiment but Lafferty is one I’d make an exception for.  

Hectormasson
48 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

🤞Appreciate he is 34 but better than what we have and would be a threat 

Correct , there's goals in the guy even off the bench, him and boycey, along with gms.....

6 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

Aye, could have been. He would have been marking him i suppose.

Hectormasson
6 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

Then mcgrain totally f....d ps at darkhead in 1983....

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

Then mcgrain totally f....d ps at darkhead in 1983....

Same game Johnston went after Billy McNeil when Provan got him sent off.

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

If rangers or celtic for that matter offered me 4 times my wages I’d drop my scants as well.

I agree with the younger players sentiment but Lafferty is one I’d make an exception for.  

Yip, again. 

Nookie Bear
15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'm not sure if your last sentence is tongue in cheek but IMO the word BEAR gives it away.

Seriously?

2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

He wouldn't be accepted up here

You aren't accepted on here. But here you are, eh

Hectormasson
4 minutes ago, westbow said:

Same game Johnston went after Billy McNeil when Provan got him sent off.

Brian whitewater (rip) was sent off next time at darkheid also.....

I don't really understand why it's hard to believe an Aberdeen fan wouldn't want them to sign Lafferty. The majority of hearts fans wouldn't want us to sign Mcgeady, what's the difference?

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, Ari Gold said:

I don't really understand why it's hard to believe an Aberdeen fan wouldn't want them to sign Lafferty. The majority of hearts fans wouldn't want us to sign Mcgeady, what's the difference?

How do you know that?

2 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

How do you know that?

Just an assumption tbh. He's a bit of a welt. 

Am I wrong? 

Mcgeady was the first ex Celtic player who's on a free transfer. Its natural to dislike someone who used to play for a team everyone generally dislikes. 

Edited by Ari Gold

47 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Indirectly maybe. 

I watched his interview on Open Goal and said (not word for word but generally) he was happy to stay at Hearts until the end of his career and wouldn't leave for anyone else unless Rangers showed interest in him. As he's a Rangers fan it's not that different to Craig Gordon or Christophe Berra wanting to end their careers at Hearts. It didn't work out for him and it could've been typical old firm fashion if they only signed him to weaken the opposition, hence benchwarmer. Both of them take the more dangerous players away from everyone else. Celtic with GMS, Gauld, others and they'll probably do the same with Nisbet at Hibs. Rangers took Naismith, Boyd, Jones etc away from Killie. 

I'm not saying we should or shouldn't sign Lafferty but had Rangers not shown interest, chances are he'd still have been playing for Hearts and maybe we wouldn't have been demoted.

Clark Griswold
3 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Just an assumption tbh. He's a bit of a welt. 

Am I wrong? 

You tell me, you're the one who's made the assumption.

5 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Wouldn't bother me.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

You are intolerant of Kyle Lafferty becuase hes a Protestant and a unionist.  That makes ypu a bigot

Well said. Fighting bigotry by being a bigot. 

:gok: 

1 hour ago, The Grim Reaper said:

An openly bigoted supporter of another team allowed to post freely on our forum. 

:levein_interesting:

Can't beat a bit of bigotry

:fonzie:

1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

You tell me, you're the one who's made the assumption.

I wouldn't have said if I thought it was wrong. 

How about Derek Riordan then, would you have been happy if we'd signed him? 

8 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Wouldn't bother me if we had ever signed McGeady. 

11 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Brian whitewater (rip) was sent off next time at darkheid also.....

1-1 with Jimmy Bone lobbing the keeper? Can remember that but couldn't tell you if I washed my face in the shower this morning.

Auldbenches
35 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I genuinely never noticed.  Sadly I remember that puppet and thought it was just that.  

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

So the reason Aberdeen wouldn't 'accept' Lafferty is because...he dived against them years ago? Really? Do I need to dig out evidence of Aberdeen players diving? 

Aberdeen clearly accept cheats and wind up merhant's as they've just signed one of the biggest in Scott Brown. World of difference apparently. 

I wonder if Aberdeen fans would "hand back season tickets" if they ever signed a player that, oh I don't know say, was jailed for attacking someone with a baseball bat and caused them to suffer a brain haemorrhage and a fractured skull? Probably a bit worse than someone diving against them I'd say. 

Or would Aberdeen fans "hand back season tickets" if they appointed a coach who was just involved in a drink driving crash that left someone with life changing injuries. Nah doesn't come close to someone feigning a headbutt in a football match years ago. 

What a complete and utter slaver. 

Hahahahaha spot on 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

I wouldn't have said if I thought it was wrong. 

How about Derek Riordan then, would you have been happy if we'd signed him? 

Wash your mouth out or fingers 😜.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Wash your mouth out or fingers 😜.

It felt weird even typing it. 

Pasquale for King

Love the big mans goals, also it was fantastic effort to keep Killie up. 
All the baggage is a too much and at 34 we need to be looking elsewhere for younger guys. 
He will still be getting a mention on transfer threads in 5-10 years time 🙈

Pasquale for King
Just now, Ari Gold said:

It felt weird even typing it. 

It’s a fair point though 👍🏽

I shake ma heid at folk that say they wouldn't sign Lafferty because of his Rangers baggage. It's never bothered Hearts fans in the past, same as it's never bothered us if signing Celtic players. Alex McDonald, Sandy Jardine, Willie Johnston, Dave McPherson, Derek Ferguson, numerous others. Then there's Roddy McDonald, Brian Whittaker, John Colquhoun, Mark Burchill, Stephane Mahe and others on the other side. Then there's the occasional "both-er", Maurice Johnston. As far as i'm concerned, as long as they give their all in a Hearts top then that's all you can ask for. 

Edited by jambonian

• davemclaren changed the title to Kyle Lafferty leaves Kilmarnock - joins Anorthosis Famagusta