2020/2021 Champions League Final - Oporto, 29 May 2021

Spellczech

Got to laugh at kbers moaning about Chelsea's style of football, Hearts last few seasons have been brutal, give me Chelsea football any day of week, Mount and Havertz are going to be superstars.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Homme

• neilnunb

• Big Slim Stylee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Why is the ref in tears?

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/0269-1261fab78f9f-aedf39b39337-1000--refereeing-is-happiness-porto-final-referee-mateu-lahoz/

It's a long read. 

In short.    He's 44.   I think refs retire at 45?   It's his first champions league final.    Also, possibly, his first international euro coming up. 

There's more detail to the tears if you read it.    It was a decent piece about him. 

8 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Got to laugh at kbers moaning about Chelsea's style of football, Hearts last few seasons have been brutal, give me Chelsea football any day of week, Mount and Havertz are going to be superstars.

I've only seen folk praising them but you bash on :lol:

Big Slim Stylee
3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/0269-1261fab78f9f-aedf39b39337-1000--refereeing-is-happiness-porto-final-referee-mateu-lahoz/

It's a long read. 

In short.    He's 44.   I think refs retire at 45?   It's his first champions league final.    Also, possibly, his first international euro coming up. 

There's more detail to the tears if you read it.    It was a decent piece about him. 

Probably just another of Maroon Sailor’s “blubbering jessie’s”😀

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Probably just another of Maroon Sailor’s “blubbering jessie’s”😀

Oh no not one of these posters who have to keep things going!

FS typical cry baby

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Big Slim Stylee
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Oh no not one of these posters who have to keep things going!

FS typical cry baby

Ill keep it going as long as you keep up the Victorian language  “greetin bairns” shite 😀

Arthur Morgan
17 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Why are you still here? Absolute saddo.

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Big Slim Stylee said:

Ill keep it going as long as you keep up the Victorian language  “greetin bairns” shite 😀

Go to bed cry baby

Maroon Sailor

Hope they've got slip hazard warning signs out on the City dressing room floor.

Pasquale for King

City, get Kane, game over for every other team.

All these ****ers greeting, get up you’re league winners, use the pain to win it next season. 
Well done Chelsea, surely nobody was shocked at how that game went. 

40 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

It's a long read. 

He is a mental referee but had a fantastic semi final and final in fairness

Pasquale for King

Sky Sports News interviewing some extremely upper/middle class Chelsea supporters in London, not your typical lifetime fans let’s say 😆

Pasquale for King

Very reminiscent of Chelsea’s win in 2012, Villas Boas sacked in January and Di Matteo wins the CL. 
Tuchel might go the same way.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Raheem Sterling will struggle to get out of Reece James' pocket for the Euros. 

Can’t believe he started, been garbage for months. Hope he starts for England. 

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I'm calling them that as a football fan

It's embarrassing watching their tears flow like that. They were pathetic. Be disappointed but greetin like bairns long after the final whistle is just laughable

I think you better stay away from the season ticket advert thread...

Byyy The Light
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A glorified Ivan sproule. Useless against a pacey fullback

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

A glorified Ivan sproule. Useless against a pacey fullback

Yeah he’s been poor against Trent Alexander Arnold for example, O’Donnell is a different kettle of fish though. 
Strange selection from Pep, obviously tried to change it up but ultimately failed. 
Gundogan did well at Stamford Bridge as a false 9 the last time they beat Chelsea. 
I was hoping City would win but it was an entirely predictable outcome. 

gorgie rd eh11

So are the fourth best team in England still the best team in Europe?  European football almost makes Scottish football look like sport. 🙃

Der Kaiser
1 hour ago, Homme said:

You say it like it's his fault he's been given the chance to manage these teams or money to spend :lol:

That's my point.

Is he a good coach? Absolutely. 

Is he a great coach? Who knows as he just throws money around signing world class player after player trying to make the jigsaw pieces fit.

I don't like this approach to football. Just like their super league idea its all about monopolising the sport. So when clubs do this and fail at success it gives me a lovely warm feeling.

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Take That

He will be crying if the taxman catches up with him , talentless ***** 😆

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I think you better stay away from the season ticket advert thread...

**** me you weren’t taken in by that sentimental guff were you? 

portobellojambo1

Think what tonight proved was either Manchester City didn't learn anything from the last league game between the two sides at the Etihad and/or the FA Cup semi-final, or simply don't have a plan B which they are confident/capable of playing.

Against most sides they are good to watch, as what they are looking to do often works to near enough perfection. But in the above two games and tonight's game Chelsea have lined up in the same way on each occasion and successfully negated everything that Manchester City had hoped to do.

Wasn't a great spectacle tonight but what Chelsea set out to do worked, they scored the only goal and deserved their win.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Abject final performance from City. I mean absolutely atrocious and tuchel has pep all worked out. 

One shot on target.....just watch city will run away with league title again next season. They really need to find some bottle in the knockout games. 

5 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Abject final performance from City. I mean absolutely atrocious and tuchel has pep all worked out. 

One shot on target.....just watch city will run away with league title again next season. They really need to find some bottle in the knockout games. 

They tend to struggle in the big games. Man u, Chelsea and Liverpool seem to have sussed them out. They're bloody good at smashing everyone else though

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He's clearly lost confidence or become complacent but unfortunately he'll be up against Stephen O'Donnell and I'm sure even on Raheems worst day he'd run amock against him. 

23 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Kante is the best in the world right now

Has been for a while now. 

Edited by Cruyff

Chelsea made Man City look shit tbf. They couldn't play out from the back and they couldn't get the ball into midfield because they were practically suffocated by Chelsea. 

I think Pep ****ed up big time by not starting with Gabriel Jesus and Fernandinho. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Chelsea made Man City look shit tbf. They couldn't play out from the back and they couldn't get the ball into midfield because they were practically suffocated by Chelsea. 

I think Pep ****ed up big time by not starting with Gabriel Jesus and Fernandinho. 

I thought Fernandinho was injured otherwise he would've started... Unsure tbh but Bernardo was never in the game

5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

People get put up on a pedestal that much in football now its almost frowned upon to criticise someone like PG, and like you say, I think he did f up.

And as it often goes in a final, once a decision which is detrimental to the team takes effect, its hard to recover.  Having no natural frontline movement or someone who occupies the centre backs and worries them, clearly had a negative outcome on their performance. 

An alleged genius trying to be a genius, if that makes sense?🤓

I just think it’s great there’s a team out there with the belief, ability and pace that shows City’s style isn’t impenetrable.  

6 hours ago, Jeff said:

Kante is the best in the world right now

Some game he had. Best midfielder on the park. 

Again, I’ve always believed De Bruyne is overrated. Of course the guy is a “player” but he’s not top notch imo as his hype has been built up to.  Felt sorry for him to go off but he’d done nothing until then.

Cut a frustrated figure by that time. As much misplaced passing than accurate which is regular for him in truth if you watch him closely.  Maybe if he had a centre forward target to work off he’d have came onto a game?

Edited by Debut 4

The Real Maroonblood
9 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

What...because they care? Isn’t that the point? 

I was the same in 1986.

Nookie Bear
46 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Some game he had. Best midfielder on the park. 

Again, I’ve always believed De Bruyne is overrated. Of course the guy is a “player” but he’s not top notch imo as his hype has been built up to.  Felt sorry for him to go off but he’d done nothing until then.

Cut a frustrated figure by that time. As much misplaced passing than accurate which is regular for him in truth if you watch him closely.  Maybe if he had a centre forward target to work off he’d have came onto a game?

Something about De Bruyne almost makes me feel the same. His stats don’t lie but he doesn’t do it for me. 

Perhaps we’ve been spoiled by the likes of Michael Stewart strolling around our midfield over the years. 😆

24 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Something about De Bruyne almost makes me feel the same. His stats don’t lie but he doesn’t do it for me. 

Perhaps we’ve been spoiled by the likes of Michael Stewart strolling around our midfield over the years. 😆

Haha maybe.   😁.    

Maybe it’s my luck but most games I watch with City starts off with him being quite sloppy. Forcing hard passes or wayward shots.  I often say it to mates in chat as the game is playing. 

He’s obviously a very good player, I just don’t see the World class tag? The way he got easily frustrated too last night. The very top players that have played had a great ability to keep their head and come through adversity. 

Look at Kante. He’s not got the expansive style of De Bruyne but can you instantly remember a misplaced pass, see him force a ball he shouldn't play,  or see him get frustrated?  Night and day performances. 

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

He's clearly lost confidence or become complacent but unfortunately he'll be up against Stephen O'Donnell and I'm sure even on Raheems worst day he'd run amock against him. 

Exactly 🙈

Auldbenches
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

**** me you weren’t taken in by that sentimental guff were you? 

No.  

Auldbenches
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Didn’t think you would. 

Did you?  Nothing wrong with a see greet, but I can't see me ever crying over an advert.  The only time I've shed a tear because of football was when Beattie scored that penalty and I know we had them in a final.  That was due to pure happiness.

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Did you?  Nothing wrong with a see greet, but I can't see me ever crying over an advert.  The only time I've shed a tear because of football was when Beattie scored that penalty and I know we had them in a final.  That was due to pure happiness.

Yeah I’m a happy cryer, first and second goal in 98 and the end. 
Joined you after that penalty in 2012 and at the end, not in the final really though as I wanted 8 😆. I would’ve been more likely to get angry if I was a City fan last night. 
As for the video it just felt a bit contrived, it certainly worked for the majority though. 

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He was a contender for MoM. I thought he had a great match. 

Oh for one ref in this country with a fraction of his ability and common sense.

Did they mention in commentary if he played on at the goal after the GK handled outside the box? Couldn’t hear it in the pub. 
Just had a feeling VAR would tell him to give a foul and send Ederson off. 

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I’m a happy cryer, first and second goal in 98 and the end. 
Joined you after that penalty in 2012 and at the end, not in the final really though as I wanted 8 😆. I would’ve been more likely to get angry if I was a City fan last night. 
As for the video it just felt a bit contrived, it certainly worked for the majority though. 

Not bothered if others cry at things like the advert, but not for me.  I've never shed a tear for a location either.  You ever cried for Scotland?  I haven't, not even in 78...

I do seem to cry at seeing good things father than bad.  Modern society has that much shite you seen to get used to it.  

Big Slim Stylee
3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Not bothered if others cry at things like the advert, but not for me.  I've never shed a tear for a location either.  You ever cried for Scotland?  I haven't, not even in 78...

I do seem to cry at seeing good things father than bad.  Modern society has that much shite you seen to get used to it.  

I love the mental health awareness on here nowadays.