2020/2021 Champions League Final - Oporto, 29 May 2021

Spellczech

Auldbenches
Just now, Big Slim Stylee said:

I love the mental health awareness on here nowadays.

I'm not judging anyone else for it.  Not letting go emotionally is one if tbe things really having an impact on mental health, especially guys.  

Only commenting about crying at one issue, not about people having a good greet. 

You've got it well wrong here regarding mental health awareness. 

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Homme

• neilnunb

• Big Slim Stylee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Big Slim Stylee
33 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I'm not judging anyone else for it.  Not letting go emotionally is one if tbe things really having an impact on mental health, especially guys.  

Only commenting about crying at one issue, not about people having a good greet. 

You've got it well wrong here regarding mental health awareness. 

Thanks for clearing that up.

frankblack
43 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Not bothered if others cry at things like the advert, but not for me.  I've never shed a tear for a location either.  You ever cried for Scotland?  I haven't, not even in 78...

I do seem to cry at seeing good things father than bad.  Modern society has that much shite you seen to get used to it.  

To be fair, I have been to a fair few Scotland games where I wondered why I bothered.

I usually find that going there sober is a big mistake.

De Bruyne has broken nose and cheek bone.

Probably get Rudiger's mask for the Euros.

Edited by Mikey1874

Big Slim Stylee
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Testament to Rudiger that even before that De Bruyne was anonymous for 60 minutes. 

frankblack
40 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Testament to Rudiger that even before that De Bruyne was anonymous for 60 minutes. 

Man City have no plan B if the team they face is well organised.

They seriously need to get at least two powerhouse strikers such as Haaland who can take away markers from others.  Sterling, Torres, and Jesus should be moved on as they don't cut it in a battle.

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Man City have no plan B if the team they face is well organised.

They seriously need to get at least two powerhouse strikers such as Haaland who can take away markers from others.  Sterling, Torres, and Jesus should be moved on as they don't cut it in a battle.

The main body of work from Guardiola now also shows a reckless degree of experimentation in the biggest games. Plan A Version 234b if you will. He basically put a new formation on the park. No defensive midfielder. The combinations which have been exhilarating since January were stifled and not just by Chelsea.

There's a lot to be said for a more simpler system. Chelsea were great to watch even being more defensive than is generally popular. Too complicated Pep. Someone like Kane or Haaland being focal points will definitely help but he could still mess that up in the Champions League big game again.

Big Slim Stylee
48 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The main body of work from Guardiola now also shows a reckless degree of experimentation in the biggest games. Plan A Version 234b if you will. He basically put a new formation on the park. No defensive midfielder. The combinations which have been exhilarating since January were stifled and not just by Chelsea.

There's a lot to be said for a more simpler system. Chelsea were great to watch even being more defensive than is generally popular. Too complicated Pep. Someone like Kane or Haaland being focal points will definitely help but he could still mess that up in the Champions League big game again.

I’ve literally no idea what he was thinking last night. I’m not complaining mind😀

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

He changed direction to perform a shoulder charge with the ball miles away, could have easily got a red given the force involved.

Edited by fancy a brew

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
6 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Some game he had. Best midfielder on the park. 

Again, I’ve always believed De Bruyne is overrated. Of course the guy is a “player” but he’s not top notch imo as his hype has been built up to.  Felt sorry for him to go off but he’d done nothing until then.

Cut a frustrated figure by that time. As much misplaced passing than accurate which is regular for him in truth if you watch him closely.  Maybe if he had a centre forward target to work off he’d have came onto a game?

De bruyne is a cracking player on his day but something about his attitude and demeanour irks me. The lad strikes me as a bit of a moaner. 

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

He was a contender for MoM. I thought he had a great match. 

Oh for one ref in this country with a fraction of his ability and common sense.

Yeah it's great when the officials have a good match.    Not many complaints from me, if any.  I don't recall shouting "ffs ref".  Or lino. 

Definitely earned their medals. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

He changed direction to perform a shoulder charge with the ball miles away, could have easily got a red given the force involved.

Could easily have been red as hit was directed to head of opponent. Ref clearly saw it but decided that hit to face of opponent was only yellow though and VAR officials never going to get involved. 

Them's the breaks in football. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Yeah it's great when the officials have a good match.    Not many complaints from me, if any.  I don't recall shouting "ffs ref".  Or lino. 

Definitely earned their medals. 

Only saw second half but ref spent most of game either  buying Chelsea players falling over for no reason, or waving his arms about to ensure TV managed to pick him up. 

Not the reason City lost (play a forward Pep) or Chelsea won (better tactics), but he was still desperate to be seen and clueless about diving. 

Just shows how low standards are when that counts as good performance. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Not bothered if others cry at things like the advert, but not for me.  I've never shed a tear for a location either.  You ever cried for Scotland?  I haven't, not even in 78...

I do seem to cry at seeing good things father than bad.  Modern society has that much shite you seen to get used to it.  

Nah never for Scotland, I chase enough rainbows with Hearts 😆

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

They mentioned that the keeper would have been in trouble had the goal not been scored.

Cheers 👍🏽

Arthur Morgan
46 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Absolutely brilliant :rofl:

Edited by Arthur Morgan

McGlynn The Money

Man U players were criticised for taking off their runners up medals, so when Pep gets his on Saturday. What an attention seeking poser that man is, well and truly full of it. 

I thought it was a really good game.  Surprised that Chelsea were that good.  Kante is something else and the referee was simply outstanding.

I don't think it's fair to say MC didnt turn up.  I just thing Chelsea were better organised and played better on the day.

Unknown user
42 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I thought it was a really good game.  Surprised that Chelsea were that good.  Kante is something else and the referee was simply outstanding.

I don't think it's fair to say MC didnt turn up.  I just thing Chelsea were better organised and played better on the day.

Kante really is something else