Most disliked Hearts player

AC Mallin_51

Just now, boag1874 said:

John Sutton, couldn’t hit a barn door for us & scored for fun before & after his spell. Plus that feckin league cup final sitter, haunts me to this day.

I watched the Sergio season not long ago and from what i saw, Sutton didn't actually do too badly compared to the memories of him. Started the season quite well, also scored a few and a double against Aberdeen (i think) then Sergio put him out on loan. Sergio leaves and he comes back into the team but by then it just wasn't happening for him. Think most fans were excited when Jeffries signed him but he got sacked not long after Sutton, Jamie Hamill and Mehdi Taouil arrived. I'll stick him in the "we'll never know" category as he would've been more suited to Jeffries' style than Sergio's. I think Jeffries saw him as more of a Jim Hamilton-type and you could understand why as he scored for fun at Motherwell.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pointon

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

• Weakened Offender

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Jamie McAllister

You've read my mind. 

Not hate but I took a very strong dislike to him whilst he was playing for us. 

RustyRightPeg

Tricky one for me. 

I actually didn't mind Rherras on the pitch but the way he's acted since makes me wonder what went on behind the scenes. Since then he's been a complete kn*b. 

Pereira probably. 

11 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I watched the Sergio season not long ago and from what i saw, Sutton didn't actually do too badly compared to the memories of him. Started the season quite well, also scored a few and a double against Aberdeen (i think) then Sergio put him out on loan. Sergio leaves and he comes back into the team but by then it just wasn't happening for him. Think most fans were excited when Jeffries signed him but he got sacked not long after Sutton, Jamie Hamill and Mehdi Taouil arrived. I'll stick him in the "we'll never know" category as he would've been more suited to Jeffries' style than Sergio's. I think Jeffries saw him as more of a Jim Hamilton-type and you could understand why as he scored for fun at Motherwell.

Jim Hamilton was far superior to John Sutton 

I didn't like Mahe when he signed, but he soon put that right when he played for the shirt. 

Edited by ri Alban

Glenn Whelan, an absolute *****, especially when he went off at hampden with a phantom injury after another no effort performance. A prick. 

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Hugh Burns is a stand out.

Brought his Rangers dickheadery to Hearts and expected it to be the same.

It isn't. Never within the club and, bar an annoyingly persistant minority, the support.

I was about to say I've never really hated a Hearts player. 

Thanks for the reminder!

Auldbenches
3 minutes ago, Morlich said:

I was about to say I've never really hated a Hearts player. 

Thanks for the reminder!

Hugh Burns is everything we aren't but some think we are.  I hope it's true that Zico slapped him.  

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

Selective memory there. 

Gave it the big one about England and then when nothing materialised he had a pop at the club for not offering him a new deal after Hearts had, rightly, sought to replace him. With a certain Paul Hartley if I remember correctly. 

After mumbling lies and shite about Hearts he signed for Aberdeen 

Severin was excellent for us and was clearly offered a poor contract as it was during the pieman cost cutting era. Bizarre having him as your most hated Hearts player. Blame his agent if anyone.

Guest ToqueJambo

Laryea KIngston and Glen Whelan. Both the very definition of massive wage chiefs - possibly our biggest. Kingston had so much talent and really didn't try an arm. He could have been our new Paul Hartley - seemed to have all the tools to do that job. Whelan was a disgrace. A very experienced player who didn't get involved with the club or attempt to use his experience to help younger players, unlike someone like Aaron Hughes. Then moaned to the press when rightly ditched.

frankblack

I don't hate those that try even if they lack talent.

The non-triers are what get me annoyed.  Kingston got dogs abuse from large sections of our crowd at home against Dundee United IIRC.

I don't get the love-in for Panilla either.  The money we paid him for the return was shocking.

22 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Hugh Burns is everything we aren't but some think we are.  I hope it's true that Zico slapped him.  

I'd forgotten that story!! 😀

Steven MacLean undoubtedly in top spot. An absolute arsehole as well as being a terrible football player. 

Honourable mentions to; Malaury Martin, Damour, John Sutton, Glenn Whelan, Sowah, Avlonitis. 

Bazzas right boot

Never hated any Hearts player but there has been lots that are absolutely shite. 

Recently JP and  Oshaniwa annoyed me, absolutely shite but somehow made a career at a high level out of football. 

I've read D Weirs autobiography, and although hate is a strong word he does come across as a bit of a hun prick, but I guess we were just a stepping stone for him. Can't blame him for that really. 

I'd say Rherras, but never minded him at all until he gave it all that shite while at Hibs. I'm a bit love/hate with Lafferty. Hated him before us, not a fan of how desperate he was to leave us, but no doubt he gave his all in our shirt and scored goals. Damour is unlikeable now. 

Strangely, I too disliked Jamie Hamill but almost feel guilty for doing so. On May 20th 2012, I was in Tynie for the cup presentation. As everyone had left, Hamill walked trackside towards the control room and I shouted him over for a photo with the trophy. He let me hold it too. Had a photo of me holding it but it was on my ex's old phone which broke. :seething: 

Right now? Andy Halliday. A player for me who epitomises why we've been so ****ing shite the past few years. Plays like he's doing us a favour and seems way more concerned about what he's going to say on his radio show than what he's going to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Weakened Offender
29 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Severin was excellent for us and was clearly offered a poor contract as it was during the pieman cost cutting era. Bizarre having him as your most hated Hearts player. Blame his agent if anyone.

He isn't my most hated player. He's just someone who I thought of as a bit of a prick back then. Had some personal experience of him too. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Darren Jackson. Never liked him, just couldn't take to him in maroon at all. 

Glen whelen. 

Gordon Durie

David vanacek. Really pissed me off with all his promises and then turned up fatter than me. 

The last line 😂😅

Andy Watson doesn’t appear to be what one would call a ‘fans favourite’.  😎

1 hour ago, pointon said:

Jim Hamilton was far superior to John Sutton 

Second time in two days that I agree with you.

Jim Hamilton was never given the credit he deserved by the fans.

He was however, and I quote ‘my best strike partner’.  That came from none other than John Robertson.

Pasquale for King

Ralph Callaghan for a oldies, Jamie Macallister early this century and Perriera who is possibly the worst player we’ve ever had never mind just a GK. 

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ralph Callaghan for a oldies, Jamie Macallister early this century and Perriera who is possibly the worst player we’ve ever had never mind just a GK. 

Callachan was one of our better players in the mid 70's. Liked him.

9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Second time in two days that I agree with you.

Jim Hamilton was never given the credit he deserved by the fans.

He was however, and I quote ‘my best strike partner’.  That came from none other than John Robertson.

Agree I was gutted when we sold him to Aberdeen I also think he would not have had such a nomadic career if we had kept him 👍

1 minute ago, pointon said:

Agree I was gutted when we sold him to Aberdeen I also think he would not have had such a nomadic career if we had kept him 👍

That’s a good point.  👍

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Callachan was one of our better players in the mid 70's. Liked him.

So did I, FA.

niblick1874

I can see why the shit might not like him but I don't get why Hearts suporters don't like him. He gave me a wonderful moment and day so I say thank you Craig. Go 3.10

28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Never hated any Hearts player but there has been lots that are absolutely shite. 

Recently JP and  Oshaniwa annoyed me, absolutely shite but somehow made a career at a high level out of football. 

I've read D Weirs autobiography, and although hate is a strong word he does come across as a bit of a hun prick, but I guess we were just a stepping stone for him. Can't blame him for that really. 

I can’t stand Davie Weir. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He had no real affinity for us, that is for sure. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He had no real affinity for us, that is for sure. 

David Weir is one of the best defenders we have had and a cup winning legend 

frankblack
2 minutes ago, pointon said:

I'm not so sure I'd rate him that highly.  I think we have seen several centre-halves in the past 40 years better.

Just now, frankblack said:

I'm not so sure I'd rate him that highly.  I think we have seen several centre-halves in the past 40 years better.

We have had a few but look what he achieved with us 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Name any two.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, pointon said:

He is. 

Cracking player. 

TyphoonJambo
16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Not sure if serious. He was class for us.🤔

frankblack
Just now, pointon said:

We have had a few but look what he achieved with us 

I'm not taking away from 1998, but I'd rate a number better:

Levein

MacPherson

McLaren

Zal

Pressley

Webster

(a fit) Berra

and possibly Pasquale Bruno

Just off the top of my head.

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I'm not taking away from 1998, but I'd rate a number better:

Levein

MacPherson

McLaren

Zal

Pressley

Webster

(a fit) Berra

and possibly Pasquale Bruno

Just off the top of my head.

You just lost me when you rate zal and Berra better than Weir

2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

You've read my mind. 

Not hate but I took a very strong dislike to him whilst he was playing for us. 

Same here… 

Weakened Offender
48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was in the Gorgie Stand for a Derby in 1998 and Ralph Callaghan was in hospitality. He acted abysmally and was treated similarly. 

frankblack
5 minutes ago, pointon said:

You just lost me when you rate zal and Berra better than Weir

That is your opinion.  2012 > 1998.

I'm basing my opinion on their contribution to Hearts.

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That is your opinion.  2012 > 1998.

I'm basing my opinion on their contribution to Hearts.

So if it’s about contributing to Hearts Davey Weirs last minute tackle helped us win it 98 Big Zal a big character and cup winning captain but not on par with Weir and Berra’s contribution a brain fart moment with Bobby Zlamal

frankblack
7 minutes ago, pointon said:

So if it’s about contributing to Hearts Davey Weirs last minute tackle helped us win it 98 Big Zal a big character and cup winning captain but not on par with Weir and Berra’s contribution a brain fart moment with Bobby Zlamal

Zal was captain at a time of a lot of chaos at the end of the Romanov era.  He led our defence well, and of course made a few errors, but was a leader who took the team to one of the days I'll never forget.

Berra in the past couple of years has been playing with an injury, probably causing a number of the bad mistakes.  I prefer to recall him before that, hence I qualified his entry as (a fit) Berra.

Both Zal and Berra showed more loyalty to us and my judgement is based on their longer impact to the club.  Weir wasn't around all that long for us.

allystrachan
1 hour ago, The Fonz said:

Steven MacLean undoubtedly in top spot. An absolute arsehole as well as being a terrible football player. 

Honourable mentions to; Malaury Martin, Damour, John Sutton, Glenn Whelan, Sowah, Avlonitis. 

Surprised it took so long for McLean to be mentioned.