Most disliked Hearts player

AC Mallin_51

David Weir was a class act that is why he was not at the club as long the other two took longer to convince potential suitors 

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pointon

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

• Weakened Offender

AC Mallin_51

Must say it’s quite refreshing we’ve made it to the third page without someone saying pressley

Grzelak...his performance at Murrayfield v Rangers was the worst I'd seen in a number of years of any player, certainly hated him after that

King prawn

Whelan

Stewart

Swanson 

McCallum 

Pereira 

pick any of those for being a) an arsehole b) awful or c) both 

I can’t hate a player for not being good enough but I do hate people who don’t put a shift in. 

Auldbenches
14 minutes ago, pointon said:

David Weir was a class act that is why he was not at the club as long the other two took longer to convince potential suitors 

He was an excellent player but became too rangers when he signed for them.  Can't see why anyone can dislike him while he was with us.  

He won the cup with us. 

Maple Leaf
3 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Malaury Martin and his never ending contract. Damour joining him now

Wage thieves.

10 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

He was an excellent player but became too rangers when he signed for them.  Can't see why anyone can dislike him while he was with us.  

He won the cup with us. 

Exactly 

Auldbenches
4 minutes ago, pointon said:

Exactly 

One of my fav quotes from 98 came from him.  Asked why he wasn't getting drunk during the celebrations and said he can get drunk anytime and wanted to take it all in and enjoy it.  

He was great for us and one of JJ's best signings. 

3 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Jake Mulraney

A very good shout for the contempt he displayed for the club towards the end. That derby performance was unforgivable.

Sammon - a dreadful player who did a lot of running, most of it to ensure that he couldn’t be found with any kind of pass other than the type Messi might manufacture. “Worked hard”, my arse.

Ksanavicius - a pretend footballer and an absolute coward with it.

Martin - more concerned with his fine words on social media than with putting in a shift (or even a tackle) to justify his wages.

Oshaniwa - an absolute prick.

Thankfully Hugh Burns has already been mentioned several times. Cammy Fraser was another arsehole.

Spellczech

Ended up really disliking Laryea Kingson - Loved him at first but once he stopped trying I lost all respect for him. By the end he was ghosting through games. Such a waste of talent.

Just now, Auldbenches said:

One of my fav quotes from 98 came from him.  Asked why he wasn't getting drunk during the celebrations and said he can get drunk anytime and wanted to take it all in and enjoy it.  

He was great for us and one of JJ's best signings. 

I agree but he did look pretty pished when Hazel  Irvine interviewed him coming of the bus 

Rogue Daddy
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I didn't like Mahe when he signed, but he soon put that right when he played for the shirt. 

Loved Mahe, he was class!

Auldbenches
Just now, pointon said:

I agree but he did look pretty pished when Hazel  Irvine interviewed him coming of the bus 

It must've been when getting interviewed for the sunday celebrations.  He definitely stayed sober on one of the days.  

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

It must've been when getting interviewed for the sunday celebrations.  He definitely stayed sober on one of the days.  

👍

4 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Malaury Martin and his never ending contract. Damour joining him now

Agreed

frankblack
24 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Ally Mauchlen. He was absolutely crap in a maroon jersey and just a bit of a thug.

Yes, but what was wrong with that stamp in the derby? 🤔

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Zal was captain at a time of a lot of chaos at the end of the Romanov era.  He led our defence well, and of course made a few errors, but was a leader who took the team to one of the days I'll never forget.

Berra in the past couple of years has been playing with an injury, probably causing a number of the bad mistakes.  I prefer to recall him before that, hence I qualified his entry as (a fit) Berra.

Both Zal and Berra showed more loyalty to us and my judgement is based on their longer impact to the club.  Weir wasn't around all that long for us.

Berra didn t show much loyalty when he chose as club captain not to stand up and shake hands with his new manager.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Berra didn t show much loyalty when he chose as club captain not to stand up and shake hands with his new manager.

Exactly to say he is a legend when he has won SFA with the club is a stain on the players who have 

McGlynn The Money
19 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Yes, but what was wrong with that stamp in the derby? 🤔

Lucky not to get sent off which could have cost us the game?

frankblack
1 minute ago, pointon said:

Berra came back to Edinburgh for one last top up to the pension because it suited him

So he wasn't any good before that Celtic injury? :rofl:

1 minute ago, pointon said:

Exactly to say he is a legend when he has won SFA with the club is a stain on the players who have 

Never understood this argument. Does that mean Donald Ford and Jim Cruickshank weren’t Hearts legends but Scott Robinson somehow is?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, pointon said:

Slagging Hearts players for not winning things is below the belt. 

Smith, Mackay, CL, jc, even Robbo just scrapped a winners medal with us, Doddie, Berry all were part of good Hearts teams, won **** all but have status for different reasons. 

Slagging any Hearts player for not winning a trophy should be an instant ban, right up there with "medals Mackay" and "loser Levein patter".

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

So he wasn't any good before that Celtic injury? :rofl:

😂if Berra is a legend in your eyes you set the bar pretty low

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Slagging Hearts players for not winning things is below the belt. 

Smith, Mackay, CL, jc, even Robbo just scrapped a winners medal with us, Doddie, Berry all were part of good Hearts teams, won **** all but have status for different reasons. 

Slagging any Hearts player for not winning a trophy should be an instant ban, right up there with "medals Mackay" and "loser Levein patter".

So who has contributed more to Heart’s David Weir or Christophe Berra ?

Ronald Villiers
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

I'm not so sure I'd rate him that highly.  I think we have seen several centre-halves in the past 40 years better.

I used to go to a fair few Falkirk games when he played for them and although he was a standout for them, he didn't strike me as being someone I'd like to see at Hearts.  It was surprising how he did so well after signing for us and won himself a move to Everton.  He's also a decent guy too, just very quiet.  He speaks highly of Hearts and enjoyed his time with us.  I wish we had someone at the club that could spot talent like him, McCann, Cameron, Hamilton and even guys that still had a point to prove like Fulton.

frankblack
3 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

I used to go to a fair few Falkirk games when he played for them and although he was a standout for them, he didn't strike me as being someone I'd like to see at Hearts.  It was surprising how he did so well after signing for us and won himself a move to Everton.  He's also a decent guy too, just very quiet.  He speaks highly of Hearts and enjoyed his time with us.  I wish we had someone at the club that could spot talent like him, McCann, Cameron, Hamilton and even guys that still had a point to prove like Fulton.

Agreed.

Back then you could dig out our fair share of dud signings but we did pick our share of decent players.  Of course, Weir was strongly rated at Falkirk before we got him - we need to have guys that can find them before they get to that level.  Hopefully the scouting appointments we are making will change things for us going forward.

I think Romanov threw out our scouting system in its entirety and we haven't really recovered.

jambostuart
4 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Selective memory there. 

Gave it the big one about England and then when nothing materialised he had a pop at the club for not offering him a new deal after Hearts had, rightly, sought to replace him. With a certain Paul Hartley if I remember correctly. 

After mumbling lies and shite about Hearts he signed for Aberdeen 

Did Severin not have a "hand" in us confirming 2nd place? Not such a bad fella!

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, pointon said:

So who has contributed more to Heart’s David Weir or Christophe Berra ?

You tell me, I can't really quantify what every individual contributed. 

Berra played more games, bagged us a few quid. 

Weir won a cup 

Both good players imo. 

You seem to have taken offence to the fact that I thought Weir came across as a bit of a hun prick in his book, loved the guy as a player, but he had little love for us IMO. 

Now't wrong with that tho, he owed us nothing - ultimate professional. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

frankblack
12 minutes ago, pointon said:

Berra was a loyal servant for Hearts and great quality until his injury, and you just sound ridiculous with your never ending negativity about the club.

You aren't giving yourself much credibility.

Batistuta87

Can't say I've ever hated a Hearts player but I really didn't like: 

Kingston 

MacLean 

Damour 

I wasn't keen on Suso at first either but he grew on me. 

Also ****ing hated Lafferty when he was at Rangers, but I absolutely loved him at Hearts. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Weir won a cup 

Both good players imo. 

You seem to have taken offence to the fact that I thought Weir came across as a bit of a hun prick in his book, loved the guy as a player, but he had little love for us IMO. 

Weir was a player Berra was a good honest journeyman 

11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Berra was a loyal servant for Hearts and great quality until his injury, and you just sound ridiculous with your never ending negativity about the club.

You are correct was a good quality servant to Hearts but that is as far S it went 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, leginten said:

A very good shout for the contempt he displayed for the club towards the end. That derby performance was unforgivable.

Sammon - a dreadful player who did a lot of running, most of it to ensure that he couldn’t be found with any kind of pass other than the type Messi might manufacture. “Worked hard”, my arse.

Ksanavicius - a pretend footballer and an absolute coward with it.

Martin - more concerned with his fine words on social media than with putting in a shift (or even a tackle) to justify his wages.

Oshaniwa - an absolute prick.

Thankfully Hugh Burns has already been mentioned several times. Cammy Fraser was another arsehole.

Ksanavicius? Really? I liked him, he was getting on a bit but a very capable player as I remember it.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, pointon said:

Weir was a player Berra was a good honest journeyman 

Journeyman? 

Appearances - 

3 clubs with a short loan spell, a journeynan? 

You're all over the place and stretching it  just so you can slag Berra, no idea why but knock yourself out. 

Weakened Offender
18 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Correct. 

Hated Jack Hamilton.

Maybe not one you would say "didn't try" but I always felt like he could've tried harder to not be shite. 

Add in Joel Perreira for the same reason, although he was more arrogant about it. "El Gato" FFS, pretending to be an actual player online. Gimp. 

Unknown user
36 minutes ago, pointon said:

Eh? Captain of the club in 2 spells, over 200 appearances, 41 for Scotland, 2 Scottish Cup wins with Hearts. Who's done more?

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Journeyman? 

Appearances - 

3 clubs with a short loan spell, a journeynan? 

You're all over the place and stretching it  just so you can slag Berra, no idea why but knock yourself out. 

You missed about 40 Scotland caps too. 

Think big Christophe must have had a shot of his missus once upon a time. 

ScottieMac17
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Eh? Captain of the club in 2 spells, over 200 appearances, 41 for Scotland, 2 Scottish Cup wins with Hearts. Who's done more?

When did Berra win his second Scottish cup with hearts?

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ksanavicius? Really? I liked him, he was getting on a bit but a very capable player as I remember it.

I never took to him. Always thought a pass to him was as good as giving the ball straight to the opposition, and I never forgave him for shitting his pants when we were 2-0 up at home to Motherwell in the Cup and all he needed to do was nod the ball into the net for 3-0. We eventually lost a replay.

I realise he was far from the worst player we’ve had technically, but he didn’t really relish a tackle. Tended to lose the ball and stand looking bewildered rather than chase back.

Opinions, though.

27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Weir won a cup 

Both good players imo. 

It is as simple as I think Davy Weir is twice the player of Berra

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yes. A very decent player.