• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

News just in - John Tavares done for the season, due to a MCL tear in one of his knees, after crashing into the boards yesterday.

Sore one for the Isles.

The US have been terrible today. Kessel doesn't seem to have turned up and Kane has missed two penalty shots and has given away some stupid penalties.

JamboInSouthsea

With the fitba not starting til 13.30 today, should be able to get the final on in the boozer at midday...ideal with some cold strong cider :2thumbsup:

Decided I hate more players on the Swedish rosters so....

Coooooooooommmmmmmeeeeee ooooooaaaaannnnn Caaannnnnaaaadddddaaaaa.

:look:

Back to reality tonight. Long three weeks.

I thought it went pretty quickly TBF. Seeing Kuni and Sidney with their goals and golds on Sunday was fair pleasing.:verysmug:

In back to reality news, Price injured in first Habs practice. Out for at least 2 games. Also good to hear Tavares doesnt need surgery.

Other chat today includes Marty St Louis apparently asking for a trade.:o

Ooft. How come?

He can come home to Quebec if he wants.

Ooft. How come?

He can come home to Quebec if he wants.

Think he's had enough. Wouldnt be surprised if he ends up in Pittsburgh if we can save on LT cap relief.

alwaysthereinspirit

First lead of the night for the Bruins. Lets hope we can hold on. Need a good start to the second part of the season. Crazy schedule.

16 games in March. Points in the bag a must.

alwaysthereinspirit

First lead of the night for the Bruins. Lets hope we can hold on. Need a good start to the second part of the season. Crazy schedule.

16 games in March. Points in the bag a must.

Oh well.

Here's more of the scary biscuits story about Kris Letang:

http://penguins.nhl....vid=DL|PIT|home

Penguins defenseman Kris Letang isn?t a typical athlete. He?s young' date=' entering the prime of his playing career at 26 years old. He?s arguably the best-conditioned player on the team. In short, he?s the prototypical specimen of a well-trained athlete.

So when Letang found out that he suffered a stroke, it was shocking news.

?It?s tough to believe. When I found out I didn?t really believe it,? Letang said.

The day was Jan. 29. That morning Letang and his mother were leaving for the airport to fly to Los Angeles as part of the Penguins first-ever Mom?s Trip when the unthinkable happened.

?I woke up and my wife found me on the ground,? Letang said. ?The day before I was totally fine. I was practicing. I woke up that morning not expecting that would happen. I drove to the airport with my mom and thought it would clear up, but it never did.?

A few days later doctors diagnosed the stroke.

?I have some good days, bad days. I?m going day by day to get to 100 percent,? Letang said. ?It?s not as bad as when it happened. There are symptoms. Some days are stronger symptoms than others.?

Letang is working on returning to the ice for the Penguins. Luckily, because of his age there is a high chance that he will return to complete normalcy. But there is no timetable for Letang?s possible return. For now, he is taking the recovery day-by-day.

?I always want to get back and play games,? he said. ?Right now I?d like to step on the ice and play. There are many things that hold me from doing that.

?If I have a chance to come back this year and play it?s going to be great. To be around the team, around the rink, working out, I?m trying to take steps to get closer to coming back.?

Letang will be on blood thinners for a six-week period and has begun light exercises. After the six weeks is up, doctors will re-evaluate his progress.

?For now I?ll stay on blood thinners,? Letang said. ?In two, three weeks I?m meeting them again. I?ll go through a battery of tests. We?ll make a decision from there.?

But even more so than the physical recovery for Letang, there is the mental recovery.

?The symptoms I?m experiencing are from the stroke, the damage and what it did to my brain,? Letang said. ?For now it?s just worrying about my head.?

Doctors theorized that a hole in the wall of Letang?s heart was the possible cause of the stroke. Everyone is born with this defect, but the hole closes up in most people.

However, that isn?t where the doctors and Letang are focusing.

?The hole in the heart may have been the cause, but they?re not 100-percent sure,? said Letang, who has no plans yet to have the hole closed. ?The hole in the heart is not a problem. I?ve been living with it for 26 years and never had a problem with that conditioning-wise.?

Hockey aside, the main concern for Letang, his family and the Penguins is for Letang?s overall health.

?The most difficult thing was my family,? Letang said. ?My family is really worried. That was difficult to manage, when you see your mom crying or your wife. It?s always a tough thing to handle.

?You think about if you?re going to be all right, if I?ll have a chance to play hockey again. I was surrounded by great doctors. They took great care of me. All my questions were answered. I feel I?m making progress.?[/quote']

Edited by Chester?

:pleasing: set of results last night. Looking forward to watching the highlights as I completely KO'd after watching the last minute of the first period.

JamboInSouthsea

Excellent results last night, bit miffed that I passed out before the game...only 2 squid a pint for Addlestones yesterday being my excuse.

Excellent results last night, bit miffed that I passed out before the game...only 2 squid a pint for Addlestones yesterday being my excuse.

:lol: so u say u Work for yourself ... Lol. What exactly doing?

JamboInSouthsea

Alcohol testing. Clearly.

If only I could combine that with sofa, bed and bar stool testing I'd be a happy man.

On the work front I do various (mainly other business service) stuff but work from home mostly...can even do a lot from bed when I get the laptop out :2thumbsup:

Cider prices yesterday are difficult to turn down though lets be clear about that...5% and rising down the barrel, 2 quid a pop = :insufferable:

Cider prices yesterday are difficult to turn down though lets be clear about that...5% and rising down the barrel, 2 quid a pop = :insufferable:

Wish the prices were like that when I was in Ireland last week. :down:

In NHL news, both Ryan Miller and Steve Ott scratched by Buffalo. Trading both of them appears to be imminent.

And there we have it:

To STL - Miller, Ott

To BUF - Halak, Stewart, Carrier (prospect), 1st in 15 and 3rd in 16

Blues going all for the cup there. Ott will compliment their lineup in the playoffs.

Decent return for Buffalo too.

Gcl crash at ko? Froze midway thru anthem then not loading. Doesn't look like my shitty tablet for once

Nope my shitty *netbook. Had it set up showing me the game begins soon then right at start it plays up. Missed first 10 min. Raging!!

Nope my shitty *netbook. Had it set up showing me the game begins soon then right at start it plays up. Missed first 10 min. Raging!!

Probably a good thing

Anyway, bird was being a Good Samaritan ie getting wined off her face and deciding we need to protect my friend from her rubbish boyfriend so I'm on a shit suburban train that doesn't actually stop anywhere near where we live.

:cornette:

Probably a good thing

Anyway, bird was being a Good Samaritan ie getting wined off her face and deciding we need to protect my friend from her rubbish boyfriend so I'm on a shit suburban train that doesn't actually stop anywhere near where we live.

:cornette:

:vrwow: mines in her bed getting week rested so she can look after the wee man while I'm still pished.

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic