Jump to content

2021 FA Cup Final. Chelsea v Leicester City. This Saturday, 15th May.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • sadj

    33

  • Maroon Sailor

    32

  • Francis Albert

    24

  • neilnunb

    18

dannymack

Chelsea Lions outfox the Leicester City. 

 

Brenda Rodgers ex celtic,

Mon' The Chelsea.

Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk

No doubt Rodgers is a top class football coach in 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Maroon Pound

Chelsea for me, used to love watching the FA Cup finals it just seems like it's lost something in recent years 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Section N Rules

My mate bangs on about Chelsea like he follows then home and away every game. He's never even been to Stamford Bridge! So for that reason I hope Leicester win it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
TexasAndy

Would love to see Leicester win this.  Should be a decent game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rave MacPherson

I really cannot stand that arrogant, patronising Rodgers fud, but i love the fact that Leicester have become a team that can challenge for trophies amongst the so called big boys. 

Chelsea to be winning 9-0 at half time, rodgers to be sacked and escorted from the premises, Leicester to mount a comeback and win 10-9 after extra time will do me nicely. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Debut 4
1 hour ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Chelsea for me, used to love watching the FA Cup finals it just seems like it's lost something in recent years 

Used to be a bit wonderment about the old Wembley. 
 

You can’t tell the difference sometimes between new stadia.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
I P Knightley
42 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

My mate bangs on about Chelsea like he follows then home and away every game. He's never even been to Stamford Bridge! So for that reason I hope Leicester win it.

Is he a motorcyclist who's fond of saying "Blue is the Colour"?

 

I used to enjoy the BBC coverage in the build up to the game, starting at what seemed like 10am. Film of the team buses arriving at Wembley and god knows what else to fill all that time.

 

It's definitely not been the same since they put the match on during a league weekend and shoved it to the early evening as a sideshow to the main event. I can't get excited about it but I'm sure one of the teams will win, so well done to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Section N Rules
4 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Is he a motorcyclist who's fond of saying "Blue is the Colour"?

 

 

No, thankfully. Would be terrifying to see him trying to ride a motorbike!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
54 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Is he a motorcyclist who's fond of saying "Blue is the Colour"?

 

I used to enjoy the BBC coverage in the build up to the game, starting at what seemed like 10am. Film of the team buses arriving at Wembley and god knows what else to fill all that time.

 

It's definitely not been the same since they put the match on during a league weekend and shoved it to the early evening as a sideshow to the main event. I can't get excited about it but I'm sure one of the teams will win, so well done to them.

Feel the same. 

 

Used to have the weekend football to itself, build up starting at lunch time and a traditional 3pm kick off. 

 

Maybe felt that way as well because there was hardly any live games on during the season back in the seventies/eighties 🤔 and both English and Scottish Cup Finals seemed such massive occasions. 

 

Plus the annual live Scotland v England game in the Home Nations was a huge day to look forward to every season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor

Don't like either club but can't stand Brenda so Chelsea for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Fox

Surely any right-minded Hearts supporter will be wanting the team playing in maroon to win?

365CBBE5-26F2-42DB-93D7-863C96A780D3.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jean Louis Valois
3 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Chelsea for me, used to love watching the FA Cup finals it just seems like it's lost something in recent years 

For me the FA cup final was always a brilliant way to end the season, Leagues wrapped up etc. But having it before the season finishes has massively taken the shine off it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
martoon

Childhood friends of mine were from Leicester so for that reason, and that Chelsea have scooped up so many trophies, I'll be cheering on the Foxes.

 

Sadly, I don't think they will win, though.

 

Chelsea 2-1, possibly aet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Both sides are adding a lot to English football just now.  

 

Either way it should be a good game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Stu_HMFC
Posted (edited)

Leicester City for me don't like Chelsea never have never will. I love Brendan i'd love to see him win the FA Cup and finish in the top 4 ( not at Liverpool expense though 😜 )

Edited by Stu_HMFC
Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
12 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

For me the FA cup final was always a brilliant way to end the season, Leagues wrapped up etc. But having it before the season finishes has massively taken the shine off it.

 

Other things have taken the shine of it.

 

No longer a 3pm kick off on a Saturday. 

 

Teams no longer made up of British and Irish players.

 

TV with saturated coverage of live matches

 

Semi finals being played at Wembley

Link to post
Share on other sites
neilnunb

Hate Chelsea and their boss looks a bigger creep than Brendan so Leicester for me.

 

Hope Chelsea beat Man City in the CL though. 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spitonastranger
Posted (edited)

I get the Rogers thing, but he really upset the Tic fans by leaving. They are still raging about it so i hope Leicester win  😀

Edited by Spitonastranger
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
3 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

I get the Rogers thing, but he really upset the Tic fans by leaving. They are still raging about it so i hope Leicester win  😀

 

Good point

Link to post
Share on other sites
Stu_HMFC
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

I get the Rogers thing, but he really upset the Tic fans by leaving. They are still raging about it so i hope Leicester win  😀

I don't get the hate from Celtic fans towards Brendan yes he left 10 games before a treble treble but he was always going. But if they look closer to home and read into it a bit more they will find that one of the big reasons he left was due to Peter Lawwell sticking his beak in. Brendan also mentioned Celtic fans are hurting but they will soon find out his reasons fast forward 18 months to today and look at Celtic now.  But they still like to dis the man and have hate towards him. 

Edited by Stu_HMFC
Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyCant
Posted (edited)

I can’t pretend to have a horse in the race for any good or bad reason or any fathomable reason to dislike either club as some on here seem to have dug deep to find. I like it when the smaller less manufactured team wins so for that reason it’s Leicester for me but I couldn’t care less who wins and might not even watch it. Just hope for a decent game if I decide to watch.

 

Brendan is actually a gentleman. He was in a restaurant in his home village in Leicestershire recently and we chatted at the bar for a bit about Scottish football. 10 minutes later he sent some drinks over to our table.

Edited by JimmyCant
Link to post
Share on other sites
Sawdust Caesar

I don't mind ol' shark face so I'm wanting Leicester to win.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
32 minutes ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

I don't mind ol' shark face so I'm wanting Leicester to win.

 

 

20210514_144808.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

ABC

 

00602547778871-cover-zoom.thumb.jpg.182f505e5da4a210728afc9f4b46d7fc.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

00602547778871-cover-zoom.thumb.jpg.182f505e5da4a210728afc9f4b46d7fc.jpg

 

7E4101E9-CA0C-4B1A-9D6E-1B8E1C65272F.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
S Form

Don’t mind Rogers, to be honest, but both Jamie Vardy and James Maddison give the impression that they are complete dicks, therefore I think I’d prefer Chelsea to win.

Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh

As an alternative:

 

BBC 2 Britain's Next Jewelery Star

Channel 4 Grand Designs

Channel 5 Gardening with Carol Klein

Sky One The Simpsons

ITV 2 Robots

ITV 3 Midsomer Murders

ITV 4 The Poseidon Adventure

More 4 Come Dine with Me

4 Seven A Place in the Sun

4 Music Malcolm in the Middle

Sky Witness Nothing to Declare

Sky Documentaries I am Patrick Swayze

Sky Crime Killer in my Village

Drama Rosemary and Thyme

BBC ALBA  Podraig Post

Pick 999 Frontline

Really Helicopter ER

5 USA Murder She Wrote

 

 

**** the FA Cup, **** the English Premier League, **** the Champions League and **** La Liga!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo

Tuchel has ears like the FA Cup so for that reason Chelsea will win 3-1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
otterjohn
9 hours ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I really cannot stand that arrogant, patronising Rodgers fud, but i love the fact that Leicester have become a team that can challenge for trophies amongst the so called big boys. 

Chelsea to be winning 9-0 at half time, rodgers to be sacked and escorted from the premises, Leicester to mount a comeback and win 10-9 after extra time will do me nicely. 

What a brilliant outcome and wonder what price at the bookies

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rave MacPherson
1 hour ago, otterjohn said:

What a brilliant outcome and wonder what price at the bookies

 

Got a feeling the odds might be quite high🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
otterjohn
2 hours ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Got a feeling the odds might be quite high🤔

Think you might have been when posted earlier. Brilliant post pal

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rave MacPherson
2 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

Think you might have been when posted earlier. Brilliant post pal

Unfortunately not! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rave MacPherson
3 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

Think you might have been when posted earlier. Brilliant post pal

After i had replied the first time i did wish i had written that the odds would be higher than a hibbie on giro day, but i thought of it too late! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
dannymack
13 hours ago, Section N Rules said:

My mate bangs on about Chelsea like he follows then home and away every game. He's never even been to Stamford Bridge! So for that reason I hope Leicester win it.

 

There's loads out there who proclaim their undying love for Chelsea or others and never set foot in the stadiums, great opportunities for them when Chelsea are up 'Norf' but are always washing their hair when the fixture date is announced. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

As an alternative:

 

BBC 2 Britain's Next Jewelery Star

Channel 4 Grand Designs

Channel 5 Gardening with Carol Klein

Sky One The Simpsons

ITV 2 Robots

ITV 3 Midsomer Murders

ITV 4 The Poseidon Adventure

More 4 Come Dine with Me

4 Seven A Place in the Sun

4 Music Malcolm in the Middle

Sky Witness Nothing to Declare

Sky Documentaries I am Patrick Swayze

Sky Crime Killer in my Village

Drama Rosemary and Thyme

BBC ALBA  Podraig Post

Pick 999 Frontline

Really Helicopter ER

5 USA Murder She Wrote

 

 

**** the FA Cup, **** the English Premier League, **** the Champions League and **** La Liga!

 

😂😂😂

Imagine being so unoccupied to take all day to study your favourite TV programmes. 

I'll stick to the football thanks. 

Leicester for the cup👍

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
dannymack

Chelsea’s Ace of Hearts, Tommy Walker.

The clubs had a good friendship with each other before and after the war with regular, annual matches. 

The Stamford Bridge Trophy sits in the Chelsea museum just now. 

 

IMG_20190118_232236.jpg

chelse.JPG

$_57 (15).JPG

3DC21E6500000578-4266738-Chelsea_stadium_manager_Andy_Dunlop_sits_in_his_no_frills_office-a-1_1488359529073.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spitonastranger
10 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I don't get the hate from Celtic fans towards Brendan yes he left 10 games before a treble treble but he was always going. But if they look closer to home and read into it a bit more they will find that one of the big reasons he left was due to Peter Lawwell sticking his beak in. Brendan also mentioned Celtic fans are hurting but they will soon find out his reasons fast forward 18 months to today and look at Celtic now.  But they still like to dis the man and have hate towards him. 

They think the are tgfitw and why would he go anywhere else the realisation that they are a stepping stone is funny as feck 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Stu_HMFC
2 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

They think the are tgfitw and why would he go anywhere else the realisation that they are a stepping stone is funny as feck 

Eddie will do the exact same if he gets job and in a couple years a middle of the table english team come in for him. Gerrard will also be away if Liverpool come in . I think he would end up leaving for a few other teams in England if they came calling too .

Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh

Can't generate any interest in this game. The fact there are still a couple of league games to play just lessens the importance of it even more for me. I used to love FA Cup Final day

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor
8 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

F12FB405-315A-478B-8214-DAA9CAF3991D.jpeg

 

That actually might sway a few to want Chelsea to win

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor

The FA cup channel is now on iPlayer

 

Trying to recapture the glory days of cup final day when this length of lead up to kick off was on BBC1

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sawdust Caesar
20 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

 

20210514_144808.jpg

:lol: Looks like he's just spotted a floundering seal struggling to get to safety.

Link to post
Share on other sites
FORTHCLYDE

The FA cup final  was never shown live on TV in Scotland when I was a lad.

I used to go to the Borders or Newcastle to watch it.

Started in the morning they built it up like a Royal Wedding.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...