Players who will improve next season

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

No one, they are all shite, Neilson is shite, Savage is shite. 

What's the lowest position we've finished in the league with Neilson in charge?

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

What's the lowest position we've finished in the league with Neilson in charge?

3rd.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

The players that leave will most likely improve. 

Maybe it will be the same with the fans. 

The ones that leave will improve. 

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe it will be the same with the fans. 

The ones that leave will improve. 

What does that even mean?

I wish fans like you would leave to be honest, then maybe we'd have a football team again. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

What does that even mean?

I wish fans like you would leave to be honest, then maybe we'd have a football team again. 

I'm not leaving. 

Will See the fair weather types in 2 or 3 seasons when they come back out the huff. 

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm not leaving. 

Will See the fair weather types in 2 or 3 seasons when they come back out the huff. 

It's your loser mentality i don't like and you're showing it again. 2 or 3 seasons until you expect some sort of success? 

Might as well just say 5 or 6, since you're just happy to get out the house. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It's your loser mentality i don't like and you're showing it again. 2 or 3 seasons until you expect some sort of success? 

Might as well just say 5 or 6, since you're just happy to get out the house. 

I still don't know if it's the players who have to improve more than the coaches.  The performance in the 1st half of the Cup Final was utterly attrocious.  Were the players playing to defensive instructions? You'd have to think so as the performance was dramatically better from that point on.

stevie1874
57 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I still don't know if it's the players who have to improve more than the coaches.  The performance in the 1st half of the Cup Final was utterly attrocious.  Were the players playing to defensive instructions? You'd have to think so as the performance was dramatically better from that point on.

Think we had nothing to lose second half and had a go?

56 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Think we had nothing to lose second half and had a go?

That's exactly right imo but why not have a go in the 1st half? Was it just that Celtic were good and we were off the boil or was it our coach's tactics to sit back?

As I say, just using that game as an example, I don't know whether the players or the coaches are more to blame 

I think of those at the club currently who are most likely to improve are imo

Kingsley, McEneff, Gms, Gnando and Henderson.

Boyce,Gordon,Souttar,Smith and Haring are already quality and will modt likely be again next year providing they don't get injured.

We might see another youngster break through and obviously will be bringing new players in, so could be some of them who are not in the picture yet.

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I watched us train the day before the final 

The emphasis was on defence 

10 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

We had key players who were presumably not fit enough to last 90 minutes plus extra time. They came on in the second half and we were transformed. It worked. OK, we lost on penalties but you know what I mean.

Malinga the Swinga
14 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

3rd.

Far too low. Ridiculous settling for 3rd, if Neilson doesn't win us Champions League by September this year, he's got to go. Not being in it is no excuse for a real manager. 

Malinga the Swinga
14 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Think it took coaches first 30 minutes to suss out Celtics weaknesses and they made changes when they had time to get this over to players. 

Second half showed we had adapted to what was required and we dominated rest of game. 

Lazy argument to say Celtic sat back or we 'just have it a go', we were responsible for improvement in our performance. 

Malinga the Swinga
On 11/05/2021 at 13:59, Jim Panzee said:

thought McEneff was good in his first two games - then suffered like the rest of them during that bad spell - but picked up again with the change in formation...

McEneff showed in last couple of games he was keen to get forward and looked likely to get goals. 

Settled in Edinburgh and has family over with him. 

He should receive good backing from supporters as those who slate him are the ones who don't go to any games and who contribute nothing to Hearts in any way shape or form. 

Cut The Crap

I think a lot of our players are much better than they've shown so far. There might even be the makings of a side that can survive in the Premiership there.

Sadly I don't see any grounds to expect much individual or team improvement in the current circumstances.  

On 11/05/2021 at 10:55, TheBigO said:

Unfair imo. He's been terribly unlucky and never managed to get a proper run. He has massive upside to his game and you could see he'd worked on his defending.

If all our players had his attitude, we'd be better off.

Not a world beater or that obvs, but I just don't get the hate the lad gets.

You can't fault the guy for effort. May not be the most gifted player but if the rest of the team gave the same commitmant and effort that he does we would be a better team.

16 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

This is a good and strong post. A few months too late though, Neilson has sussed out our problems and has us winning games again. As for what we deserve, it's a good fan base as in its goes to games can be abit negative though and that feeds into the pitch. I don't think we deserve more to be honest we have also become big times Charlie's after the cup win "oh relegation can't happen to us" it can happen to anybody. Back the team back the players, even the ones you don't rate and success will follow 

Our support has not been conditional but it has to show its disapproval when the team is obviously being mismanaged. If your dog is being misdiagnosed you change vet you don’t just keep the same one because the vet was right a couple of times.

When you know someone isn’t able to do the job, then for the sake of the clubs employees, customers, supporters and the well being of the whole club you have to end that persons contract of employment or move him / her to another less skilled job. Simple isn’t it.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
27 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

I think a lot of our players are much better than they've shown so far. There might even be the makings of a side that can survive in the Premiership there.

Sadly I don't see any grounds to expect much individual or team improvement in the current circumstances.  

A summer of new signings and a proper preseason and fans back in the stadium, seem to be decent grounds for expecting improvement no?

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Think it took coaches first 30 minutes to suss out Celtics weaknesses and they made changes when they had time to get this over to players. 

Second half showed we had adapted to what was required and we dominated rest of game. 

Lazy argument to say Celtic sat back or we 'just have it a go', we were responsible for improvement in our performance. 

True. That said though....we had no choice but to improve as the game was basically over by halftime anyway. I doubt many would've given us a hope in hell of getting back into that game and i include Hearts fans as well. The majority of viewers would've more likely expected Celtic to come out and get an early goal. If they had, game over. Thankfully we pulled something out the hat and got anywhere near a penalty shootout. Probably a highlight (and lowlight) of the season.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

True. That said though....we had no choice but to improve as the game was basically over by halftime anyway. I doubt many would've given us a hope in hell of getting back into that game and i include Hearts fans as well. The majority of viewers would've more likely expected Celtic to come out and get an early goal. If they had, game over. Thankfully we pulled something out the hat and got anywhere near a penalty shootout. Probably a highlight (and lowlight) of the season.

Boyce doesn't get injured or Ginelli takes one of his chances near end of 90 minutes and it was there for taking. Unfortunately, not to be. 

rudi must stay
39 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Our support has not been conditional but it has to show its disapproval when the team is obviously being mismanaged. If your dog is being misdiagnosed you change vet you don’t just keep the same one because the vet was right a couple of times.

When you know someone isn’t able to do the job, then for the sake of the clubs employees, customers, supporters and the well being of the whole club you have to end that persons contract of employment or move him / her to another less skilled job. Simple isn’t it.

First time I've ever seen vets mentioned on kickback. I think he's up to the job 

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Boyce doesn't get injured or Ginelli takes one of his chances near end of 90 minutes and it was there for taking. Unfortunately, not to be. 

Yep. I also still think that had Kingsley scored that penalty, they would've been under more pressure not to miss (I had visions of "ex-Celt goalie comes back to haunt old club" headlines) and chances are that Wighton would've scored his as well. Narrow margins and all that.

Cut The Crap
1 hour ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

A summer of new signings and a proper preseason and fans back in the stadium, seem to be decent grounds for expecting improvement no?

I have zero faith in the personnel identifying the new signings and organizing the preseason programme, so no. 🙂

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

First time I've ever seen vets mentioned on kickback. I think he's up to the job 

I wouldn’t let Robbie near my Hamster.  😎

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Middleton for Hearts anyone Yes / No ?

Is his contract up with Rangers. Not really interested in loans if there’s not much chance of a permanent deal. 

Guest ToqueJambo

GMS will be a different player. Like him, McEneff and Gnando should benefit from a pre-season and being more settled. Haring and Souttar should be like new players with a full pre-season. Boyce will hopefully pick up where he left off - brilliant footballer. Smith will be solid. Halkett if he stays will be better with Souttar.

The unknowns for me are Walker, Naismith and Kingsley. Good players but Kingsley tailed off, and Naismith and Walker were mostly used off the bench - albeit to pretty decent effect sometimes.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

GMS will be a different player. Like him, McEneff and Gnando should benefit from a pre-season and being more settled. Haring and Souttar should be like new players with a full pre-season. Boyce will hopefully pick up where he left off - brilliant footballer. Smith will be solid. Halkett if he stays will be better with Souttar.

The unknowns for me are Walker, Naismith and Kingsley. Good players but Kingsley tailed off, and Naismith and Walker were mostly used off the bench - albeit to pretty decent effect sometimes.

One thing that could make an enormous difference is if Boyce and Gnando could develop a decent understanding. Both are good enough to do well but just haven’t clicked when playing together yet. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Is his contract up with Rangers. Not really interested in loans if there’s not much chance of a permanent deal. 

Young Chalmers with Dundee Utd ?

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, GinRummy said:

One thing that could make an enormous difference is if Boyce and Gnando could develop a decent understanding. Both are good enough to do well but just haven’t clicked when playing together yet. 

I think Gnando did well. Looked awkward at times but had a very decent goals and assists tally - decent start but can hopefully get better as you say. With a player his size I always worry about how refs will treat him. Boyce was the revelation of the season for me - had no idea he was such a good all round footballer.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think Gnando did well. Looked awkward at times but had a very decent goals and assists tally - decent start but can hopefully get better as you say. With a player his size I always worry about how refs will treat him. Boyce was the revelation of the season for me - had no idea he was such a good all round footballer.

Agree. Boyce surprised me as well, got a lot more to his game than I thought. If they click together they could be dynamite. 

8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Young Chalmers with Dundee Utd ?

Don’t know much about him. Set up a couple of goals for United tonight and at 21, is the age bracket we should be after.