• Morgan

• Pasquale for King

• neilnunb

• Arthur Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

spacerjoe
10 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

It’ll be years before that happens again tae.

For some reason people think that had we beaten Brora, we:

A. Wouldn't have faced Rangers or Celtic in any following rounds

B. Would have beaten every other side we faced simply because they were not the Old Firm

The last time we won it we knocked  Celtic out in the semi final.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, spacerjoe said:

B. Would have beaten every other side we faced simply because they were not the Old Firm

True, but we would certainly have had a better chance of winning had we beaten the part time team 🤷‍♂️

spacerjoe
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

True, but we would certainly have had a better chance of winning had we beaten the part time team 🤷‍♂️

Only because we were in the next round, yes.

But we could have faced anybody, including Celtic or Rangers, in the following rounds.

The second we beat Brora, the odds for us would have been the same as any other year we had made it to round 2.

Edited by spacerjoe

Jeffros Furios
11 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Kickback: "We are shite! Neilson is a disgrace! We're gonna go straight back down!"

Also Kickback: "A mediocre Championship team with a shite manager should've won the Cup cos the Old Firm got knocked out!"

:vrface:

That second point suggests a level of obliviousness - and arrogance - about how far behind Hearts currently are which is quite remarkable.

St Johnstone are run well. Hibs, unfortunately, are run much much better than they used to be. Hearts are not run well and crap Hearts sides do not win Cup competitions.

But having said all of that... the frustration over Hibs is entirely fair enough. Any football club's first benchmark is "are we doing better or worse than our local rivals?"

Ann Budge's Hearts are doing a lot worse than Hibs. A lot worse. And that is not and will never be an acceptable state of affairs.

:greatpost:

Stendelnator

Craig Gordon getting the blame for us losing the Scottish cup final is a wild take I must admit 

been here before
1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

Craig Gordon getting the blame for us losing the Scottish cup final is a wild take I must admit 

Did he even volunteer to take a penalty?

Nah he didnt.

He also let in most of theirs. Its pretty obvious really using the batshit logic that passes on here.

1971fozzy
10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Dross saying they deserved their luck with the offside goal today, as they hit the crossbar in the game agains us. No mention of the offside goal or the dive for the penalty that day 🙈

he is a creepy looking deviant who gives me a chill down my neck whenever he appears on tv.  I have to switch off or over regardless of any result when this creep appears as he is completely unnerving 

1 hour ago, spacerjoe said:

I understand what you are saying, but someone posted that this season is the first since 1947 since the old firm have both failed to make either cup semi final.

Celtic won the previous 8 cups in a row, so it's just when people see the chance for 2 non old firm teams to win a trophy they are peed off.

If my memory serves me correctly I've seen Hearts in 6 finals vs the old firm and we have 1 win, but have seen 3 against non old firm and won 2 of them

Neilson's cup record is abysmal, so I don't think we had much of a chance even if we could've handled Alloa or Brora.

colinmaroon

I just hope St J win today, although St M have a track record of winning a few finals (and semifinals sadly) against the odds.

Hibsed it is still a valid axiom.

If they do win it, get them in our 1st round and do to them what they did to us after 2012.

13 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Wtf you on about?

You agreed with hin so I assumed you had an answer. He has clearly lost the plot so no point asking him .

SectionDJambo
45 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I've slept on this. Yesterday I was pissed off but today my thoughts are that if they win it then I won't lose my shit. There is no point. 

I won't be watching as we will be up in the hills with our dogs. 

There are more important things in my life than a game of football involving them.

I have quite a few Hibs friends who were very magnanimous to me after the 5-1 reaming so I will be the same with them. Sort of.

Having said all that, hopefully they will lose. 

I've pretty much the same attitude. 

We can't do anything about it now. It's been a very strange season with results definitely affected by having no spectators. Hibs do seem to have carried remarkable luck with dodgy penalties and offside goals this season. There's still a game to go though, and whilst we are perturbed at the prospect of them winning the cup, they will be more than worried that they fail yet again.

One thing is for sure. Whoever refused the SFA permission to play the final at Tynecastle, for whatever the real reason, has done the Hearts hierarchy a massive favour. That would have been a step too far in the cosying up stakes. The consequences could have been catastrophic.

Spellczech
11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Or a GK that could save penalties, I think the two that played have about ten saves between them in their whole career. 

A GK very seldom saves a good penalty - penalties are almost entirely about the taker

Pans Jambo

Watched this game. 
United are Dundee Hibs. Shite. 
Hibs are Edinburgh Hibs. Shite. 

JimmyCant

Speaking of cup final penalties. 2 of our 3 recent cup wins had very dubious penalty decisions in our favour.

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Dross saying they deserved their luck with the offside goal today, as they hit the crossbar in the game agains us. No mention of the offside goal or the dive for the penalty that day 🙈

There’s this Hibs narrative that’s grown and gets pumped around about how they deserve luck because of how many semis they are reaching lately etc..... what about the other clubs who reach the semis?  The ones who rarely get there but are having a good season and believe it’s their time?

Should it not be as much about their story?  No one felt sorry for Hearts in the 80s and 90s as we fecked up a host of semi finals trying to end the trophy drought.

The vermin like to build this hard luck story up about themselves.  

I don’t have much love for the Farmers but if there’s one story that would be historical and a great moment in Scottish football for a relatively small club, is them achieving the cup double. 

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I've slept on this. Yesterday I was pissed off but today my thoughts are that if they win it then I won't lose my shit. There is no point. 

There are more important things in my life than a game of football involving them.

I have quite a few Hibs friends who were very magnanimous to me after the 5-1 reaming so I will be the same with them. Sort of.

Likewise. I’ll be away to the beach at St Andrews with my dogs. If A.N.other team other than our hated rivals win then I will watch a replay on catch-up tv. I have no interest in the green vermin, how much they sell players for , their recruitment and their shithouse dross manager and their Yankee Owner. They rent no space in my head and if they do win the cup then I’ll look back on the last 12 months as a great opportunity missed. This will go with the other great opportunities missed whilst following the boys in maroon over the years.

FTH and all those who sail in her though! 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Correct. Apart from having hobo mates that is. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

he is a creepy looking deviant who gives me a chill down my neck whenever he appears on tv.  I have to switch off or over regardless of any result when this creep appears as he is completely unnerving 

The type you catch chatting to your partner at a party when you’ve been to get a drink or at the toilet. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

There’s this Hibs narrative that’s grown and gets pumped around about how they deserve luck because of how many semis they are reaching lately etc..... what about the other clubs who reach the semis?  The ones who rarely get there but are having a good season and believe it’s their time?

Should it not be as much about their story?  No one felt sorry for Hearts in the 80s and 90s as we fecked up a host of semi finals trying to end the trophy drought.

The vermin like to build this hard luck story up about themselves.  

I don’t have much love for the Farmers but if there’s one story that would be historical and a great moment in Scottish football for a relatively small club, is them achieving the cup double. 

Definitely, 🤞

Austin MacGlee
18 hours ago, rory78 said:

We need to get our own house in order before we slag Hibs - let's hope they lose in final but losing to bloody Alloa and Brora when both finals didn't have the Old Firm is a ****ing disgrace and not new to Neilson 🙄 losing to the Maltese Waiters was another 

Correct. That being said - **** the Hibs and all who are connected to them. No matter what happens they will still be utter shite and we will always be there to remind them of their failures. **** them.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Close mates as well......

:phface:

Hang your head in shame. :lol:

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Close mates as well......

:phface:

My big brother is one, lol,  

spacerjoe
5 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

I understand what you are saying, but someone posted that this season is the first since 1947 since the old firm have both failed to make either cup semi final.

Celtic won the previous 8 cups in a row, so it's just when people see the chance for 2 non old firm teams to win a trophy they are peed off.

If my memory serves me correctly I've seen Hearts in 6 finals vs the old firm and we have 1 win, but have seen 3 against non old firm and won 2 of them

Neilson's cup record is abysmal, so I don't think we had much of a chance even if we could've handled Alloa or Brora.

I would get that if we were one of the teams in the semi final and blew it. You would be thinking, never a better chance with 4 non Old Firm teams in there including us. This is how Dundee Utd must be feeling.

But we got knocked before the Old Firm did so it makes no sense. We could have faced either or both of them.

So, for sure, we can be jealous of teams having an 'easy final' but it means **** all to us.

Francis Albert
10 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I've pretty much the same attitude. 

We can't do anything about it now. It's been a very strange season with results definitely affected by having no spectators. Hibs do seem to have carried remarkable luck with dodgy penalties and offside goals this season. There's still a game to go though, and whilst we are perturbed at the prospect of them winning the cup, they will be more than worried that they fail yet again.

One thing is for sure. Whoever refused the SFA permission to play the final at Tynecastle, for whatever the real reason, has done the Hearts hierarchy a massive favour. That would have been a step too far in the cosying up stakes. The consequences could have been catastrophic.

You don't believe it was because we are painting the stand supports?

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, spacerjoe said:

I would get that if we were one of the teams in the semi final and blew it. You would be thinking, never a better chance with 4 non Old Firm teams in there including us. This is how Dundee Utd must be feeling.

But we got knocked before the Old Firm did so it makes no sense. We could have faced either or both of them.

So, for sure, we can be jealous of teams having an 'easy final' but it means **** all to us.

When the last two very narrow losing finalists get knocked out at first asking by Brora Rangers you can't say for sure it has nothing to do with us. And you really can't say the possibility of Hibs winning the cup means nothing to any self respecting Hearts fan. Hibs losing the final is the last and probably best thing that we could look back on  with real pleasure this season.

48 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

When the last two very narrow losing finalists get knocked out at first asking by Brora Rangers you can't say for sure it has nothing to do with us. And you really can't say the possibility of Hibs winning the cup means nothing to any self respecting Hearts fan. Hibs losing the final is the last and probably best thing that we could look back on  with real pleasure this season.

Absolutely.  That plus the stunning Zal news as we were treating our neighbours to a semi final defeat will be my memories of the dreadful covid season.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

You don't believe it was because we are painting the stand supports?

I don’t really care why it didn’t happen. I’m a bit sad to say that little surprises me about Hearts decision making these days. We seem to lurch from one bunch of inept decision makers to another. It’s the one consistent that Hearts have had since I was a boy starting out on my journey as a Hearts fan in the 60s.  Regimes that start well always seem to bugger things up soon enough.
However, if Hearts had allowed this cup final to have been played at Tynecastle, it would have topped any catastrophic decision made by any Hearts board/owner in my time.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Absolutely.  That plus the stunning Zal news as we were treating our neighbours to a semi final defeat will be my memories of the dreadful covid season.

Yes of course the bitter sweet memory of that day will also be remembered.

spacerjoe
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

I didn't mention anything about Hibs. Of course I hope Hibs lose.

My point was in relation to another poster saying we would have had a great chance to win it this year simply because the Old Firm missed the semis. I meant the Old Firm not being in the semis means **** all, not whether or not Hibs win it.

Given we were shite enough to be beaten by Brora only demonstrates further we had **** all chance of winning it!

St J had 4 first team players missing and still won a tough semi final.  They have every chance of winning the final.  If they score first, hibs will do what hibs do so well.

5 minutes ago, hans said:

If hearts had beat brora would the draw numbers have been different ?

No.

But, yes.  

Apparently, everything is Robbie's fault.

Neilson and his damn Covid.  :getout:

1971fozzy
8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

St J had 4 first team players missing and still won a tough semi final.  They have every chance of winning the final.  If they score first, hibs will do what hibs do so well.

fully expecting Boyle to win another Oscar for his swan lake diving. Hopefully there will be a ref appointed with balls to see him for what he is - a cheat.

Francis Albert
35 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

I didn't mention anything about Hibs. Of course I hope Hibs lose.

My point was in relation to another poster saying we would have had a great chance to win it this year simply because the Old Firm missed the semis. I meant the Old Firm not being in the semis means **** all, not whether or not Hibs win it.

Given we were shite enough to be beaten by Brora only demonstrates further we had **** all chance of winning it!

But maybe a slightly better chance than Brora. Given the close run things of the previous two finals.

Silvery_Moon

The fact is we lost to Brora and that in itself in many fans eyes (including my own) should have seen Neilson shown the door. 

The fact he wasn't shown the door and has made his first signing the goalkeeper who was shambolic that night fills me with little confidence to put it mildly. 

Sorry if this has been asked already but if St Johnstone win the SC will they be the first non OF team to do a cup double ? 

Or did Aberdeen do it in their glory years ? 

Just now, luckydug said:

Sorry if this has been asked already but if St Johnstone win the SC will they be the first non OF team to do a cup double ? 

Or did Aberdeen do it in their glory years ? 

Just remembered Aberdeen beat Hibs and Hearts in both finals back in 85/86 season. 

How could I forget that season ? 😕