Ginnelly

Kiwidoug

49 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

I am not sure if Hickey is better than Doig, in the few times I have seen Doig, think he looks more dangerous going forward than Hickey did. Both very talented. 

Bob you will be accused of being a hibs fan by the kb stasi, take care.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kiwidoug

• colinmaroon

• jambonian

• Famous 1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Four faces
7 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Youre all over the place here.  Comparing Doig to Hickey is like comparing One Direction with The Rolling Stones.  Doig has signed a new contract because Hibs are the biggest club he'll ever play for whereas Hickey, a player that we nurtured, now plays regularly in Serie A.  This isn't a stick to beat the club with.

So you think Hibs is the biggest club Doig will play for? That's batshit mental.

Four faces
7 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Youre all over the place here.  Comparing Doig to Hickey is like comparing One Direction with The Rolling Stones.  Doig has signed a new contract because Hibs are the biggest club he'll ever play for whereas Hickey, a player that we nurtured, now plays regularly in Serie A.  This isn't a stick to beat the club with.

So you think Hibs is the biggest club Doig will play for? That's batshit mental.

Guest ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

I am not sure if Hickey is better than Doig, in the few times I have seen Doig, think he looks more dangerous going forward than Hickey did. Both very talented. 

We had had multiple offers for Hickey from Bayern, Celtic and Bologna when he was younger than Doig is now. If Doig is the real deal surely the same will happen? Left-sided defenders are always in high demand. But who am I to say. I've watched Hibs exactly once this season. Others on here seem to watch them more often.

56 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We had had multiple offers for Hickey from Bayern, Celtic and Bologna when he was younger than Doig is now. If Doig is the real deal surely the same will happen? Left-sided defenders are always in high demand. But who am I to say. I've watched Hibs exactly once this season. Others on here seem to watch them more often.

I’ve seen them a few times and he hasn’t caught my eye at all. He’s clearly got something but has looked bang average to me. 

Finlay James
4 hours ago, Four faces said:

Its really not

On 09/05/2021 at 19:36, colinmaroon said:

And the play-offs aren't even complete for our division.

There’s the small point also that he’s still injured. 
Who is going to be competing with us for a player with a (current) major injury. 
We should be looking to see signs of recovery before looking to sign him. 
Should be in no rush. 
Would suit him too. If he’s recovered from the injury, he should be worth a better contract. If he’s still injured, we would be looking to insert a “games played” clause which would be materially worse to him if he gets another injury. 
We brought in Savage to add a bit more professionalism to recruitment. We accepted that high basic and low bonus attracts malingerers. this, I believe, was a positive move by Ann (although doesn’t seem to fit current agenda to mention “positive” and Ann in the same sentence). 
Let’s see what happens rather than getting all panicky.