Ginnelly

Kiwidoug

Don't think it's the first time I've posted this but does anyone have an update on his playing status and his recovery?

I'm sure I'm far from the only one who was massively impressed with his cup final performance and I'm hoping he will be hitting the ground running for us in July/August. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kiwidoug

• colinmaroon

• jambonian

• Famous 1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Don't think it's the first time I've posted this but does anyone have an update on his playing status and his recovery?

I'm sure I'm far from the only one who was massively impressed with his cup final performance and I'm hoping he will be hitting the ground running for us in July/August. 

I don't know how well he's recovering from injury. There was a bit in the paper saying both parties are keen to work something out to get him here permanently.

Josh Ginnelly

Date of birth/Age: Mar 24, 1997 (24)

Citizenship: EnglandEngland

Height: 1,75 m

Position: Left Winger 

Contract expires: May 31, 2021

Mikey1874
6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Thought he was out of contract?

That's what everyone says. Contract with Preston ends May or June 2021.

CloustonHMFC

He's still in Edinburgh and still attending Riccarton. He said in his twitch stream that he liked being in Edinburgh. Hasn't answered any questions about how his injury is though.

If we swap McVities for the supermarket brand biscuits for a year we can afford him

:yas:

Just as I thought.  Nobody knows much at all.  The club's fetish for secrecy still reigns.

been here before
11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

If we swap McVities for the supermarket brand biscuits for a year we can afford him

:yas:

If we had more supporters who actually contributed anything to supporting Hearts rather than having leaching gimps on their ikkle Pwincess hissy fit crusade then that might also help.

Des Lynam
9 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Just as I thought.  Nobody knows much at all.  The club's fetish for secrecy still reigns.

Yeah the club should be announcing potential signing targets. Great plan Doug 🤣

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Somebody told you. Openly said they are looking to get him signed. 

What are you really expecting? Not normal to give commentary on contract talks, just when a deal is done 

12 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Yeah the club should be announcing potential signing targets. Great plan Doug 🤣

Other clubs are doing it all the time.  Mind you, I do agree that if a player has suffered a serious injury, the club should have a total secrecy policy in terms of his recovery.  

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Somebody told you. Openly said they are looking to get him signed. 

What are you really expecting? Not normal to give commentary on contract talks, just when a deal is done 

Did this person tell my before or after I started this thread?  And did he or she give me an update on the injury?

What's the matter with some people on here? Looking to be outraged at everything.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Did this person tell my before or after I started this thread?  And did he or she give me an update on the injury?

What's the matter with some people on here? Looking to be outraged at everything.

I don't think I'm outraged  :lol:

Read the Evening News online each day, will keep you up to date rather than thinking that there's an agenda of secrecy. If you make accusations got to expect to be corrected or asked what it is you expect 

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

That particular poster is not one you can accuse of outrage at everything and anything Doug 🤣.

I think he was referring to your second post saying as you thought no one knows anything. Whereas people had told you ,they dont know about recovery but both Hearts and him are trying to work something out

AlphonseCapone
28 minutes ago, been here before said:

If we had more supporters who actually contributed anything to supporting Hearts rather than having leaching gimps on their ikkle Pwincess hissy fit crusade then that might also help.

:sweeet:

Just now, Sir Gio said:

I don't think I'm outraged  :lol:

Read the Evening News online each day, will keep you up to date rather than thinking that there's an agenda of secrecy. If you make accusations got to expect to be corrected or asked what it is you expect 

Serious outrage, such a temper too. Smashing apart your car because it steals your ticket and all sorts. 🤣🤣

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Serious outrage, such a temper too. Smashing apart your car because it steals your ticket and all sorts. 🤣🤣

:seething:

9 minutes ago, sadj said:

That particular poster is not one you can accuse of outrage at everything and anything Doug 🤣.

I think he was referring to your second post saying as you thought no one knows anything. Whereas people had told you ,they dont know about recovery but both Hearts and him are trying to work something out

I forgot about the 2nd post so I take that one on the chin.  Why don't they know about the recovery though?  Sorry, but my point is valid.  The club's communications are extremely poor.

Pasquale for King

He’s been at four clubs on permanent deals and is too old for a development fee etc surely, hopefully. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

❤️🤣🤣🤣

If that ***** Neilson isn't on the phone to me tomorrow telling me what centre back we are signing its going to be ****ing carnage in North West Aberdeen tomorrow 

Greedy Jambo
52 minutes ago, been here before said:

You're just bitter because your money isn't getting put to good use, but won't speak out about it, instead, you'll just take the high ground and act like a smart arse, as per.

54 minutes ago, been here before said:

:groundhog:

This thread has the potential to run for 100 pages and keep us going right through pre-season.  We can all rip each other to pieces in a caring way.

23 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I forgot about the 2nd post so I take that one on the chin.  Why don't they know about the recovery though?  Sorry, but my point is valid.  The club's communications are extremely poor.

Not really , in relation to this anyway. He isnt our player and reporting on his recovery could be out of order or indeed could be detrimental to any deal we are trying to do. Just be patient , sure if anyone gets an update it will be on here asap.

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

:rofl:

Sorry, have I missed the huge joke?  🤷🏿‍♂️

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Sorry, have I missed the huge joke?  🤷🏿‍♂️

500k I would imagine. 

Straight out of the smart arse high grounds pocket. 😂

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

500k I would imagine. 

Straight out of the smart arse high grounds pocket. 😂

Many thanks for clearing that up.  👍

For one daft wee moment, I thought the poster I quoted was :rofl:ing  just because he does.

Thanks again, GJ 

Greedy Jambo
7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Many thanks for clearing that up.  👍

For one daft wee moment, I thought the poster I quoted was :rofl:ing  just because he does.

Thanks again, GJ 

No problem, happy to clear things up. 

Smart arse high ground being @been here before

CloustonHMFC

I don't understand the clamour for an immediate update on his injury. He has a couple months off now to recuperate. If we sign him permanently and he isn't available for preseason or whatever then maybe an update is warranted but for now we were told he would be out for the rest of the season but staying with the club for recovery.

Anyone else heard the rumour that he has been approached by Hibs.  They aren't commenting publicly as they are as secretive as us.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Anyone else heard the rumour that he has been approached by Hibs.  They aren't commenting publicly as they are as secretive as us.

Is that rumour rife in NZ?

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Is that rumour rife in NZ?

It is, but in a very secret sort of way.  We all know but none of us are admitting that we do.  

It's the Hearts way.  AB is proud of us.

20 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Typical hearts spending half a million on a guy with more hot meals than minutes on the pitch

I thought he was a free agent. 

His contract at Preston over ? 

amarang ? 🤔 

TexasAndy

Ginelly did more in the short time he was on the pitch than a lot of players did over course of season.  He's a match winner.  The injury he got was unfortunate and in hindsight it was wrong to rush him back in to the cup final (although that so nearly paid off).  He's a no brainer for me.  

Jim Panzee
25 minutes ago, luckydug said:

amarang ? 🤔 

stop interfering with facts :) :)

28 minutes ago, luckydug said:

amarang ? 🤔 

I was only kidding! Think he is a risk worth taking

19 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Ginelly did more in the short time he was on the pitch than a lot of players did over course of season.  He's a match winner.  The injury he got was unfortunate and in hindsight it was wrong to rush him back in to the cup final (although that so nearly paid off).  He's a no brainer for me.  

Genuine pace, proved he can finish(but equally miss some good chances looking at the final) but the positives outweigh the negatives for me.  

A couple of his self created goals were excellent and it’s this type of player we’ve lacked for a while.  These players can be the difference. 

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Dia Liom said:

Typical hearts spending half a million on a guy with more hot meals than minutes on the pitch

He's a free agent come the end of the season.

Every Hearts supporter knows that.

Edited by colinmaroon

On 05/05/2021 at 20:51, DG_HMFC said:

I don't know how well he's recovering from injury. There was a bit in the paper saying both parties are keen to work something out to get him here permanently.

It was interesting that he stayed with us to have his treatment rather than return to his parent club which is what players usually do with a fairly long term injury.

Staying with us could be partly down to the fact he is out of contract soon and with Savage being our SD now who will obviously know Ginnelly and eager to get a deal sorted.

He seems to be happy with Hearts and I would imagine that he must be nearing the end of his recovery by know and ready for a good pre-season assuming he joins us.

Robbo-Jambo
4 hours ago, Barack said:

Think Ginnelly will be released easily enough by PNE. Savage knows his contract in's & outs & has a relationship with him. Ginnelly has indicated he wants to stay. He wouldn't have hung around after his injury, if he wasn't arsed.

2 year deal I think. Like people have said, he offers something different. No disrespect to Henderson, but the choice of playing either him or Gino, isn't a question. 

This.

The fact that he has hung around to do his rehab with us is surely an indicator that a deal is a real possibility.

Why else would he have stayed here when he knew that he had no further part to play this season.

Ron Burgundy

4 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Genuine pace, proved he can finish(but equally miss some good chances looking at the final) but the positives outweigh the negatives for me.  

A couple of his self created goals were excellent and it’s this type of player we’ve lacked for a while.  These players can be the difference. 

I'm always a bit concerned about players who can injure themselves for 6 months just by running.

I suppose I'm just looking at the glass half empty scenario, if Robbie goes I'd probably be excited about him coming back.