Maurice Ross (NHC)

Newton51

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Your lot? 

Surely you on here telling us how black people feel that we can’t understand that only you can is a form of white male privilege? You are also making so many assumptions. 

To say that I or anyone has a privilege based purely on the fact that we are white is to negatively prejudice us based on skin colour.

But we are the racists

:facepalm:

They know nothing of my life past or present.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Sow Easy

• Forever Hearts

• Boris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

My issue with all this has never changed and I am very vocal about it both on here and in the 'real world'.  The world is relentlessly heading down a one way street directing all accusations and blame at one group of people (white).  

In your mind, maybe.

There is nothing equitable about diversity quotas etc.  The only way equity can ever be fair is through a meritocracy.  Employing someone based on their skin colour, sexuality or sex is as abhorrent as not employing someone based on their skin colour, sexuality and sex.

Equality and equitability are different things.  Arguably diversity quotas are equitable.

But we are told now we must have certain amount of box ticked in everything we do.  Why and how is this fair?  Employing a certain amount of people based on a box being ticket means someone somewhere down the line will not get the job because they are NOT a ticked box and that is unfair.

No we don't.  In everything we do?  Hyperbole much?  And people aren't selected due to the colour of their skin.  People are selected because they are the best fit for the job, meet the essential criteria etc etc  I've been involved in a few interviews and never once has there been pressure or a steer to select a candidate due to their ethnicity/gender etc  The best candidate was selected.

The police in America kill 1000 or so people every year, the majority of which are white.  Can you or anyone name one of these white victims?  We then make a poster boy out of a man who in any other circumstance would be the decay of any society but he has caused mass world hysteria purely becuase he was black and he was killed byt he police.  White people are unfairly kileld everty day too.  White people are unfairly pulled over and arrested every day too.  It is not a black thing.  But we are made to feel it is.  Oh and less we forget many police officers are killed and a fact that may be uncomfortable is by a black majority.

The narrative is that black people are skipping down the street whistling and throwing flowers and love at everyone who passes and the police just shoot them dead for no reason.  It is simply not reality.

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/34/16793

Studies have shown that black or ethnic Americans are more likely to be killed by the police than whites.  So your point above is nonsense - per capita blacks and ethnic minorities suffer more.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1123070/police-shootings-rate-ethnicity-us/

Everything is a one way street.  Women are sexist too, women commit sex offences, women murder.  Black people are racist, black people kill too.  

I don't think anyone has argued anything other?

BLM, give me a break. The biggest killer of black people is other black people and the biggest killer of muslims are other muslims.  Where is this discussed? Where?

The voices in your head?

Many white straight men are awful, many black straight men are awful.  Many women are awful.  Many atheists are horrible and many muslims are horrible.  It is an individual thing.  

See reply two above.

A few bad scums of society rape woman and it is a male thing seemingly. It is as far away as a male thing as possible.  As if to say men are going up to rapists in the streets and high fiving them.  Come on.  Even in prisons which houses the lowest forms of life even have rapists at the very bottom.  Do you know what happens to rapists in prisons? They are not heralded as saints let us put it that way.  Men hate rapists and rape is not a 'man' thing.  It is a scum bag thing.  Usually those blaming all men for rape are the same ones shouting it is not all muslims who are terrorists (which is obviously true).

People are absolutely desperate to call our racism etc - it is nauseating.

Again, not sure what your point is here as no one is arguing that.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

To say that I or anyone has a privilege based purely on the fact that we are white is to negatively prejudice us based on skin colour.

But we are the racists

:facepalm:

They know nothing of my life past or present.

I truly hope you seek medical help. That persecution complex cannot be healthy. 

Spellczech
5 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Caucasians deciding what is deemed racist.

Hetrosexuals deciding what is homophobic.

Males deciding what is sexist.

Seems a bit of a trend.

(Could precursor even more with white, male.......

I get your point, but then who should decide? Indeed that is the whole point being discussed. We've moved from protecting minorities (and women) to letting minorities (and women) dictate the rules used to protect them...This necessarily means that the most easily offended get to decide which must surely be a minority of a minority (or a tiny minority of women)

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Did she? Not in that context. 

Fair play, I got the exact quote wrong. Point is, she's ****ing defending Hitler, and here you are defending her defending  Hitler. You don't see an issue there no? 

1 minute ago, Boris said:

In your mind, maybe.

Equality and equitability are different things.  Arguably diversity quotas are equitable.

No we don't.  In everything we do?  Hyperbole much?  And people aren't selected due to the colour of their skin.  People are selected because they are the best fit for the job, meet the essential criteria etc etc  I've been involved in a few interviews and never once has there been pressure or a steer to select a candidate due to their ethnicity/gender etc  The best candidate was selected.

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/34/16793

Studies have shown that black or ethnic Americans are more likely to be killed by the police than whites.  So your point above is nonsense - per capita blacks and ethnic minorities suffer more.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1123070/police-shootings-rate-ethnicity-us/

I don't think anyone has argued anything other?

The voices in your head?

See reply two above.

Again, not sure what your point is here as no one is arguing that.

I will go through this in detail later but what jumps out instantly is this old trusty nugget "Studies have shown that black or ethnic Americans are more likely to be killed by the police than whites.  So your point above is nonsense - per capita blacks and ethnic minorities suffer more."

They are also statistically more likely to commit crime.  I know this may be hard to read but it is the reality.  Black poeple in the US make up roughly 30 odd % of the population but commit 60 % roughly of the crime.

1 minute ago, Sow Easy said:

I truly hope you seek medical help. That persecution complex cannot be healthy. 

The only person persecuting me is you.

JFC. You're like a fragile ego soundboard. Can I get a 'won't somebody think about ME?!' next? 

I will go through this in detail later but what jumps out instantly is this old trusty nugget "Studies have shown that black or ethnic Americans are more likely to be killed by the police than whites.  So your point above is nonsense - per capita blacks and ethnic minorities suffer more."

They are also statistically more likely to commit crime.  I know this may be hard to read but it is the reality.  Black poeple in the US make up roughly 30 odd % of the population but commit 60 % roughly of the crime.

Oh well, let's just shoot the feckers then!  Seriously?  Your basically saying it's a black persons fault the cops assassinate them because blacks cause the most crime?  Hahahaha.  Christ on a bike...

Wonder why the crime rate is so high btw?

Des Lynam
Just now, Sow Easy said:

Fair play, I got the exact quote wrong. Point is, she's ****ing defending Hitler, and here you are defending her defending  Hitler. You don't see an issue there no? 

No she’s not. The only issue here is you can’t think for yourself. Did you even watch it? 

1 minute ago, Boris said:

Oh well, let's just shoot the feckers then!  Seriously?  Your basically saying it's a black persons fault the cops assassinate them because blacks cause the most crime?  Hahahaha.  Christ on a bike...

Wonder why the crime rate is so high btw?

I am in every possible way NOT saying that.

I just think we need to cut the police some slack.

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

No she’s not. The only issue here is you can’t think for yourself. Did you even watch it? 

'If Hitler just wanted to make Germany great and have things run well, OK, fine,'

Did *you* watch it? She sure looks very uncomfortable having her words read back to her for someone who isn't defending Hitler. 

Just now, Sow Easy said:

'If Hitler just wanted to make Germany great and have things run well, OK, fine,'

Pretty standard for a leader.  What is not to defend in that?

Des Lynam

Did *you* watch it? She sure looks very uncomfortable having her words read back to her for someone who isn't defending Hitler. 

She then states he was a homicidal maniac. And Germany’s economic plan was genius at that time to restore the country. 

She looks angry. What about the chair that just dismisses her point? 

It was shameful from Mr Lieu. 

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Pretty standard for a leader.  What is not to defend in that?

...really? Jesus. 

Her point is 'his only mistake was leaving Germany. All the ethnic cleansing shit, that was fine.'

...Am I really ****ing having this conversation?

Des Lynam
Just now, Sow Easy said:

...really? Jesus. 

Her point is 'his only mistake was leaving Germany. All the ethnic cleansing shit, that was fine.'

Can you provide the audio or text to back up your claim? 

Just now, Sow Easy said:

...really? Jesus. 

Her point was clearly not that.  Expecially from someone who watches her a lot.

3 hours ago, Locky said:

Racial stereotyping will never go away. I agree, it's not exactly the most racially abusive comment I've heard made. Far from it. I'm sure we've all made an offensive joke in the workplace or in the company of others that wasn't well received. But the lads' team mates on the bench who heard the comment thought it was out of order, and the so did the club captain. Maybe a bit kneejerk to sack the guy, but if he's lost all trust of the squad then no way back for him.

Agree. It certainly wasn't a terribly racist comment but it was, at best, a very poor joke. I'm just annoyed it took our resident nutter so long to enter the fray with his unique take on things. 

And surely this should now be in the shed

Edited by XB52
Shed please

4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

She then states he was a homicidal maniac. And Germany’s economic plan was genius at that time to restore the country. 

She looks angry. What about the chair that just dismisses her point? 

It was shameful from Mr Lieu. 

Her full quote. No mention of him being a homicidal maniac, or anything close to criticism of him other than his dreams outside of Germany. Meanwhile in Germany... 

Not until she was later called out on those comments did she say anything negative about him. She walked them back big time because she knew how it looked. 

2 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Wikipedia says he is Dutch from Surinamese descent. Your statement could be perceived as racist....

Yeah, so he's Dutch-Carribbean.

Des Lynam

Her full quote. No mention of him being a homicidal maniac, or anything close to criticism of him other than his dreams outside of Germany. Meanwhile in Germany... 

Not until she was later called out on those comments did she say anything negative about him. She walked them back big time because she knew how it looked. 

They are having a discussion about nationalism and globalism and reasonably intelligent people would concur she’s not advocating the extermination of the fine Jewish people. 

Wikipedia says he is Dutch from Surinamese descent. Your statement could be perceived as racist....

Suriname is considered to be a culturally Caribbean country, and is a member of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM).

Just now, Des Lynam said:

They are having a discussion about nationalism and globalism and reasonably intelligent people would concur she’s not advocating the extermination of the fine Jewish people. 

Her condemnation of what was happening within this nationalist Germany that she is praising is very notable by its absence. 

25 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

And boom.

The pretty much free speech for all goes all ❄

Again.

Same time next week?

Edited by DETTY29

Wee Mikey
21 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

Never called anyone a racist. 

And aye, it is depressing that people need this spelled out to them. 

I beg to differ. What's more, in addition to a distasteful condescending attitude you're quite the one for dishing out insults: roasters, brass-necked, ignorant, idiots, uneducated, fragile wee white guy. Jeez, with folks like you kicking about peace and harmony are a lkng way off.

Hats off to you for your attempts to educate the great unwashed, but please keep your outrage down a few notches as all I'm picking up is an angry person who thinks that they know better than anyone else having digested a few videos.

40 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Haha 

My recollection of Facebook is the opposite and it is an absolute cesspit of white male whataboutery complaining (ironically snowflake crying their eyes out) that their right to be racist, homophibic, sexist ***** is being eroded on a day by day basis.

This thread is amazing🙈. I got called a Polish ****** and a gay hater by a lad I wouldn’t let in a club one night. He called the police but its him that would have been charged if I had wanted to charge him with racism as far as the police were concerned. Thats once in many years i had that. Iv had staff suffer racism , sexism , homophobia day in , day out. 

The biggest difference is the fact that it going the other way is not as common as we haven’t been treated that way for hundreds of years so its not an institutionalised societal norm . To try and justify that as many do on social media with whataboutery is just insane. The fact its been replicated on here by certain posters i would suggest surprises none of us.

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I beg to differ. What's more, in addition to a distasteful condescending attitude you're quite the one for dishing out insults: roasters, brass-necked, ignorant, idiots, uneducated, fragile wee white guy. Jeez, with folks like you kicking about peace and harmony are a lkng way off.

Hats off to you for your attempts to educate the great unwashed, but please keep your outrage down a few notches as all I'm picking up is an angry person who thinks that they know better than anyone else having digested a few videos.

No wonder there is rage , imagine what thats doing to the insides 🤯🤒

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Nah, I'm fed up of it. I've had too many of these conversations to be all friendly and nicey nicey. Anyone still with their head in the 60's is an arsehole and they need to be told that. And the most satisfying thing is, whether they like it not, they'll be dragged into this new era of woke pc bollocks or whatever they want to call it kicking and screaming looking like utter ******s for the rest of us to laugh at. 

Des Lynam
3 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

Her condemnation of what was happening within this nationalist Germany that she is praising is very notable by its absence. 

She was asked a question about western nationalism. Is she praising stripping Jewish people of their rights? 

Ron Burgundy

Nah, I'm fed up of it. I've had too many of these conversations to be all friendly and nicey nicey. Anyone still with their head in the 60's is an arsehole and they need to be told that. And the most satisfying thing is, whether they like it not, they'll be dragged into this new era of woke pc bollocks or whatever they want to call it kicking and screaming looking like utter ******s for the rest of us to laugh at. 

Will you be allowed to laugh at people for having a different view in this woke new world?

2 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

I’m not sure they will. These things take time and education. Its institutionalised and its also a societal norm to certain demographics. To change that is not an overnight job.

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

Will you be allowed to laugh at people for having a different view in this woke new world?

You can have a different view all you want. I cannae stand mustard, you could bathe with the stuff and I wouldn't care. It's when you class racism or anything approaching it to just 'a different view' you're telling on yourself. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

I’m not sure they will. These things take time and education. Its institutionalised and its also a societal norm to certain demographics. To change that is not an overnight job.

Either way they'll all die off sooner or later. Just gotta hope enough of them haven't poisoned the minds of the younger generations enough for it to keep the cycle going. 

Ron Burgundy
Just now, Sow Easy said:

You can have a different view all you want. I cannae stand mustard, you could bathe with the stuff and I wouldn't care. It's when you class racism or anything approaching it to just 'a different view' you're telling on yourself. 

I agree racism is bad. We just have different views on what constitutes racism. Should I be mocked for not agreeing or complying with your view?

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

I agree racism is bad. We just have different views on what constitutes racism. Should I be mocked for not agreeing or complying with your view?

Again, not my view. The view of people dealing with it everyday. You should be mocked for not listening to them, yes. 

Wonder how long it will be before you cant speak, look or be in the vicinity of anyone in case you offend them.

jambonian
5 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

I’m sure I heard a Hearts podcast not long ago on which an ex-player was joking that Laryea Kingston never revealed his real age but nobody believed he was 27. I didn’t think that was racist and I don’t think Ross’s comment is either. It was just a joke but the podcast didn’t actually refer to Kingston’s nationality or ethnicity. 

The word African has been his downfall. 

Ross’s “joke” sounded more like ageism than racism.

Guess I’ve got a thicker skin than most, growing up in the 70’s/80’s as a Catholic Jambo. However, as a baldy fatty speccy, I’m in for triple compensation when the day arrives I can claim for it!  

"The word African has been his downfall"

There's non-black Africans as well so it sounds to me as if it's been blown out of all proportion. Too many people actively looking to be offended rather than actually being offended. 

I remember listening to John Barnes a year or so back saying there wasn't enough black coaches getting jobs in football, what does that mean? Because of the colour of his skin?  My thought was "if there's three coaches going for the same job, two of them white one of them black, he should be the one to get the job because of the colour of his skin!?" Even if he was the least qualified it should be over-looked and the job given to him anyway!? Imagine if one of the white coaches that didn't get the job started spouting in the media that he didn't get it because he was white, he'd be shot down in flames and laughed at. Some folk need to catch a grip at times.

As for Maurice Ross....he is, and always has been a bit of a dik anyway no matter what he says when he opens his mouth.

Des Lynam

Again, not my view. The view of people dealing with it everyday. You should be mocked for not listening to them, yes. 

The utter irony of telling us all to listen to black people whilst you can’t even listen properly to Candace is remarkable. 

Ron Burgundy
Just now, Sow Easy said:

I know a few POC and none of them have ever complained of dealing with racism every single day. If they spoke to me about that then of course I would listen to them. All are just normal Joes who get on with their lives.

I guess they are being oppressed without them even knowing it. Maybe you could be offended on their behalf.

7 minutes ago, jackal said:

Wonder how long it will be before you cant speak, look or be in the vicinity of anyone in case you offend them.

What do you think these lockdowns are about?

:conspiracy:

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

The utter irony of telling us all to listen to black people whilst you can’t even listen properly to Candace is remarkable. 

I've listened to plenty of Candace Ownens, unfortunately. She's an absolute nutter, and someone who shouldn't be listened to about anything at all. 

That she's one of the handful of black people who side with you doesn't really strengthen your point, one black pro Trump psycho doesn't discount the scores of other black saying the opposite of her. She's pushing an agenda and will side with whoever helps her with that agenda. 

Has Suriname moved? 

It is geographically part of South America, but is culturally a Caribbean country and is part of the Caribbean council.

4 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I know a few POC and none of them have ever complained of dealing with racism every single day. If they spoke to me about that then of course I would listen to them. All are just normal Joes who get on with their lives.

I guess they are being oppressed without them even knowing it. Maybe you could be offended on their behalf.

I'll say again it again. 1, 10, 100 black people who have been lucky enough to not experience racism do not discount all the others who do. You are selectively choosing who to listen to. 

Also, have you ever asked them? Genuine question. 

Des Lynam
3 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

I've listened to plenty of Candace Ownens, unfortunately. She's an absolute nutter, and someone who shouldn't be listened to about anything at all. 

That she's one of the handful of black people who side with you doesn't really strengthen your point, one black pro Trump psycho doesn't discount the scores of other black saying the opposite of her. She's pushing an agenda and will side with whoever helps her with that agenda. 

Shouldn’t be listened to........wow! 

Why? Cause she’s black? A woman? Right wing? 

Because she doesnt fit the agenda.

Personally I wouldn't recommend you should listen to anyone who supports Trump, just for a start. But that's just me. You can judge someone on the content of their character without any outside influences, such as race, gender etc. y'know. Might be worth a try. 

1 minute ago, jackal said:

Because she doesnt fit the agenda.

My 'racism is bad' agenda? Yep, she sure doesn't! 

jambonian
1 hour ago, Shanks said:

How can you possibly say that though?  Assuming you are a white person then you wont know what is racist to a black person.  It is up to them if what you have said is racist or not. 

I'd agree.

I don't actually know any black people. But if i'm around any i tend not to speak much because, as you say, i might unintentionally say something that i don't know is racist or that they might deem as racist, i'd feel awful if i offended someone so i would tend to keep myself to myself. Better to say nothing (apart from the usual mundane stuff) than be in a conversation where something said, however unintentionally, could be seen as racist. If you don't know what is and isn't (except for the well-known things that should never be said anyway) then say nowt.