Maurice Ross (NHC)

Newton51

Just now, Rave MacPherson said:

Aye. Azerbaijan is in Asia but they play in European competitions. Whats your point?

Asia and Europe are both continents, the Caribbean is not

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Sow Easy

• Forever Hearts

• Boris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ron Burgundy
3 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

I'll say again it again. 1, 10, 100 black people who have been lucky enough to not experience racism do not discount all the others who do. You are selectively choosing who to listen to. 

Also, have you ever asked them? Genuine question. 

I'm sure all or most of them will have had a racist experience at one time or another but nothing that has held them back or stopped them from progressing in life. There is no systematic racism in our society from where I'm standing but I do appreciate your point of view and you are entitled to it.

Lazy wee white guy at school ends up unemployed, serves them right.

Lazy wee POC at school end up unemployed, society's fault.

And if you listen to Morgan Freeman or Denzil Washington they have pretty firm views on the subject. Although maybe they have been pressured into changing their opinions as Holywood doesn't like anyone going against the latest hashtag.

Des Lynam
Just now, Sow Easy said:

Personally I wouldn't recommend you should listen to anyone who supports Trump, just for a start. But that's just me. You can judge someone on the content of their character without any outside influences, such as race, gender etc. y'know. Might be worth a try. 

You are now arguing against your own point earlier. I’m no fan of Trump but he got over 74m in votes. Given the choice in 2016 I would have voted for him as well. 

3 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Aye. Azerbaijan is in Asia but they play in European competitions. Whats your point?

Was trying to work out your point about saying dutch-caribbean being construed as racist when Suriname considers itself Caribbean.  

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You are now arguing against your own point earlier. I’m no fan of Trump but he got over 74m in votes. Given the choice in 2016 I would have voted for him as well. 

Your Honour, I rest my case. 

Des Lynam
2 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

I hope you’re not defending people in court. 

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

I think Trump won about 9% of the black vote. Are you saying almost 1 in 10 black people in America are stupid? That's pretty racist.

6 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I think Trump won about 9% of the black vote. Are you saying almost 1 in 10 black people in America are stupid? That's pretty racist.

1 in 10 people out of any population demographic is dumb, and that's probably being kind. You really, really should learn what racism is before making posts like that and just showing yourself up as a complete dumbass. 

7 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Is the caribbean not part of the north american continent while Suriname is part of the south american continent? 

Anyway, this is a stupid argument and nothing to to with the main topic. 

You started it!

8 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Is the caribbean not part of the north american continent while Suriname is part of the south american continent? 

Anyway, this is a stupid argument and nothing to to with the main topic. 

:lol: true, i'm sure people from Suriname don't need us to tell them what to call themselves

5 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

My 'racism is bad' agenda? Yep, she sure doesn't! 

Your agenda is no bame person can have an opinion on racial abuse or anything to say against minorities if its not the same as yours. You stated if a POC hasnt been racially abused they are lucky yet because you know people who have been abused so the few you know is greater and more important. Maybe its just not every POC is racially abused, imagine that.

Is there any other country with minorities that dont get racially abused? Im not saying its good that they are abused but the virtue signalling is laughable.

Do you have numbers on the amount of racial abuse complaints in comparison to the population? I know many will go unreported but it would still be interesting to see and maybe not as high as you think. There were some stats from back in 2015 but I would imagine they are not relevant. 

Btw I am a white male and have been racially abused on more than one occasion by minorities. Once witnessed by a police officer who told me just to leave it because the aggressor would claim they were racially abused themselves which wasnt the case. Apparently a few claim it all the time because they know they can get away with it.  Will anyone defend me?

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I'd agree.

I don't actually know any black people. But if i'm around any i tend not to speak much because, as you say, i might unintentionally say something that i don't know is racist or that they might deem as racist, i'd feel awful if i offended someone so i would tend to keep myself to myself. Better to say nothing (apart from the usual mundane stuff) than be in a conversation where something said, however unintentionally, could be seen as racist. If you don't know what is and isn't (except for the well-known things that should never be said anyway) then say nowt.

🤣🤣🤣 but this is what the worlds coming to... I have a very good friend who's gay, and she can't stand overly-dramatic 'feminine' gay men... does that make her homophobic? Even though she's homosexual?... I cant stand this extreme leftist world we seem to be sleep walking into, where everyone is labelled an ist or phobe by the 'easily offended'. The same 'easily offended' tend to be totally intolerant and in no way want to see things from another's perspective that, even slightly, diverges from their own agendas. 

Racism is bad, no-one on here will say otherwise, it all comes down to our own interpretation.

The type of 'easily offended' I'm talking about would complain about an TV advert for a Dyson vacuum being used by a woman -the claim would be 'that's sexist!' If the same advert was a man using said vacuum the 'easily offended' would be claiming 'men don't use vacuums, woman do!... my point is, you'll never win with them. They live to complain. It's a form of attention seeking.

We can only do and say what we think is right, we can all learn to be better, but when you come up against the above... trust me, don't even bother entertaining them, it's the attention they're after!

Before I get slaughtered - I'm not finger pointing at anyone on here. It's just a sad reflection on society that (for me at least) has been fueled by social media. Rant over.

Des Lynam
1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

🤣🤣🤣 but this is what the worlds coming to... I have a very good friend who's gay, and she can't stand overly-dramatic 'feminine' gay men... does that make her homophobic? Even though she's homosexual?... I cant stand this extreme leftist world we seem to be sleep walking into, where everyone is labelled an ist or phobe by the 'easily offended'. The same 'easily offended' tend to be totally intolerant and in no way want to see things from another's perspective that, even slightly, diverges from their own agendas. 

Racism is bad, no-one on here will say otherwise, it all comes down to our own interpretation.

The type of 'easily offended' I'm talking about would complain about an TV advert for a Dyson vacuum being used by a woman -the claim would be 'that's sexist!' If the same advert was a man using said vacuum the 'easily offended' would be claiming 'men don't use vacuums, woman do!... my point is, you'll never win with them. They live to complain. It's a form of attention seeking.

We can only do and say what we think is right, we can all learn to be better, but when you come up against the above... trust me, don't even bother entertaining them, it's the attention they're after!

Before I get slaughtered - I'm not finger pointing at anyone on here. It's just a sad reflection on society that (for me at least) has been fueled by social media. Rant over.

Good post. 

Ron Burgundy
12 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

1 in 10 people out of any population demographic is dumb, and that's probably being kind. You really, really should learn what racism is before making posts like that and just showing yourself up as a complete dumbass. 

How can I be racist? I have dreadlocks FFS.

John Findlay
7 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Caucasians deciding what is deemed racist.

Hetrosexuals deciding what is homophobic.

Males deciding what is sexist.

Seems a bit of a trend.

(Could precursor even more with white, male.......

Why shouldn't a Male decide what is sexist? Are women not sexist then?

jambonian
3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

For me, racism tends to work only one way. Black people can say just about anything, even if it's offensive to white people, white people can't. That's racist within itself. I have watched loads of comedians of all races and denominations doing their acts over the years at the Edinburgh Fringe. White comedians can't say anything about black people or put on an Asian or black accent for the purposes of the joke/story before the PC brigade start spouting their bile yet black comedians can take the rise out of white people and nothing is said. White trash seems to be a particular favourite. Most white comedians don't go on in their act about being white, black comedians tend to base their act around being black. I don't get offended if a black comedian (or any comedian for that matter) takes the rise out white people or stands there putting on a Scottish accent, but, if a Scottish comedian did it the other way around there'd be a backlash. All acts should be give as good as you get, then no-one can be offended. And if they are then it's them that have the problem.

We need to draw a line and soon.  USA is on the brink of a racial civil war -  it is insane.

I can't even imagine the horrors and harships black people went through in America (mainly), but not one person alive today was a victim of the slave trade or was infact a slave owner.  

If, however it is going to burden people down like a huge chip on their shoulder they must realise that historically all races have been enslaved at some time ot another (including white people) and all races have had extreme hardships (the Jewish people anyone).

It was also called the slave TRADE.  Trade denoting that infact it was a trade and many black people prospered from it.  Many people are to blame for many a crime historically.

But this is 2021 and the hardships that are drilled into us and rammed down our throats from the earleist of ages (primary school now) simply no longer exist.

Many black, Asian and white people have great lives and have it relatively easy and many black, Asian and white people have it tremendously hard.  

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

For me, racism tends to work only one way. Black people can say just about anything, even if it's offensive to white people, white people can't. That's racist within itself. I have watched loads of comedians of all races and denominations doing their acts over the years at the Edinburgh Fringe. White comedians can't say anything about black people or put on an Asian or black accent for the purposes of the joke/story before the PC brigade start spouting their bile yet black comedians can take the rise out of white people and nothing is said. White trash seems to be a particular favourite. Most white comedians don't go on in their act about being white, black comedians tend to base their act around being black. I don't get offended if a black comedian (or any comedian for that matter) takes the rise out white people or stands there putting on a Scottish accent, but, if a Scottish comedian did it the other way around there'd be a backlash. All acts should be give as good as you get, then no-one can be offended. And if they are then it's them that have the problem.

Can't disagree with any of that mate... but it seems to be getting worse, not better. Hypocrisy, as you say, plays a huge part.

The whole vaccine thing is getting my wick up too.

A non BAME person refuses the vaccine and they are selfish, a conspiracy theorist, anti vaxxer, nasty and putting lives at risk.

A BAME person refuses the vaccine and they are just scared, untrusting and nervous and get a government multimillion pound advertisement campaign to reassuringly speak to them like 5 year olds.

When are we going to stop mollycoddling BAME people.  They are not special (just like non BAME) and they are not delicate flowers.

been here before

5 pages of pish but for those looking in that cant be arsed ploughing through it:

Maurice Ross is probably a bit misguided but not really a racist.

Sow Easy is having an absolute nightmare.

And as ever i8hibsh remains the most precious little Princess Snowflake its possible to imagine.

45 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Extreme leftist world. Really?

I must have missed that happening!

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

5 pages of pish but for those looking in that cant be arsed ploughing through it:

Maurice Ross is probably a bit misguided but not really a racist.

Sow Easy is having an absolute nightmare.

And as ever i8hibsh remains the most precious little Princess Snowflake its possible to imagine.

:gok:

8 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

👍🏻 Right, I'm off to watch an episode of Death in Paradise. Thats definitely set in the Caribbean 

Is that not the Celtic documentary for season 2020/2021?

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Is that not the Celtic documentary for season 2020/2021?

First decent contribution to this thread! 😜

jambonian

Was just reading back your post and this bit about "feminine" gay men........

40 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

🤣🤣🤣 but this is what the worlds coming to... I have a very good friend who's gay, and she can't stand overly-dramatic 'feminine' gay men... does that make her homophobic? Even though she's homosexual?

........reminded me of the time i was in a pub with my girlfriend and some friends and when i came back in from having a cigarette outside, this gay guy whom none of us knew or had even seen before was sat in my seat next to my girlfriend. When i asked if he would move he got all huffy and started hurling insults at me and some mates. I could see one of my mates was ready to knock him out. One female who was sitting with us said "he's just having a laugh, he's harmless" and when i asked her "if he was straight, would it still be funny?" "It's ok to get away with insulting folk just because he's gay?" She said "no" i  said "so why should he be allowed to get away with it"  I told him to do one. That's when he stood up and did the overly-dramatic and camp swing round saying to my girlfriend "you could do so much better for yourself love" but he wasn't happy with my reply "well, she'd be wasting her time anywhere near you then....LOVE!....now, fkov!" Folk like that think they can get away with it and won't get a slap, just because of their sexuality. 

I know, nothing to do with the post but it reminded me of that incident and how some folk think they are a law unto themselves.

8 minutes ago, Boris said:

First decent contribution to this thread! 😜

Law of averages and all that Big B.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

How can I be racist? I have dreadlocks FFS.

Cultural appropriation. 

Firing squad for you.

16 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Was just reading back your post and this bit about "feminine" gay men........

........reminded me of the time i was in a pub with my girlfriend and some friends and when i came back in from having a cigarette outside, this gay guy whom none of us knew or had even seen before was sat in my seat next to my girlfriend. When i asked if he would move he got all huffy and started hurling insults at me and some mates. I could see one of my mates was ready to knock him out. One female who was sitting with us said "he's just having a laugh, he's harmless" and when i asked her "if he was straight, would it still be funny?" "It's ok to get away with insulting folk just because he's gay?" She said "no" i  said "so why should he be allowed to get away with it"  I told him to do one. That's when he stood up and did the overly-dramatic and camp swing round saying to my girlfriend "you could do so much better for yourself love" but he wasn't happy with my reply "well, she'd be wasting her time anywhere near you then....LOVE!....now, fkov!" Folk like that think they can get away with it and won't get a slap, just because of their sexuality. 

I know, nothing to do with the post but it reminded me of that incident and how some folk think they are a law unto themselves.

I watched a docu on Netflix (I actually found 1 thing on the whole thing that I had not seen) called 'the Rachel Divide'.

I had heard of her and had seen her face on You Tube but never knew 'her story'.

Long story short it is a about a woman called Rachel Dolezal who is biologically white but identifies as black.

She is enemy number 1 in America with whites and blacks (although I found her quite endearing in the docu).  

Black people are very angry because she has not had to take on the black persons struggles etc etc and to the whites she is a laughing stock.

It got me thinking however - why is to so different for a white person to identify as a black person than a man identifying as a woman?

We pick and choose what and what is not acceptable and the hypocrisy is stratospheric.

Edited by i8hibsh

16 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

If he wasn't being racist, why did he compare a Dutchman to an African? 

Why would being compared to an African be a bad thing though?

On another note, you have never compared someone from Thailand to being chinese? Or an Indian to being from Pakistan?

It happens as we all don't hasve access to their birth certificates and passports so we make assumptions.

Jeffros Furios
2 hours ago, Sow Easy said:

Personally I wouldn't recommend you should listen to anyone who supports Trump, just for a start. But that's just me. You can judge someone on the content of their character without any outside influences, such as race, gender etc. y'know. Might be worth a try. 

Do you prefer Biden ? 

Anyway you are coming over as extremely intolerant , bigoted and offensive .

Mysterion

Ross on Sportsound just now explaining he never meant to offend/upset the player and walked away from his job.

He sounds broken.

4 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Ross on Sportsound just now explaining he never meant to offend/upset the player and walked away from his job.

He sounds broken.

Not surprised.  I feel for him.

John Findlay
3 hours ago, Sow Easy said:

Ah, Candace Owens, the woman who said 'Hitler didn't go far enough'. I think I'll discount anything she has to say, but at least I know the type of person you are if that's where you're getting your info. 

P. S. Two people do not speak for an entire race. 

You are doing your best as a single person to speak for an entire race.

10 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Do you prefer Biden ? 

The old 'Trump is the devil' chat is chronic.

71 years of his life before he was US president and not one mention ever form anyone about him being racist.  He was well liked all over, a prime time tv star who everyone seemed to like.  He was wined in dined in this country by our leaders as he proposed a business venture. He was a social butterfly throughout the New York social scene. He was invited on guest shows, made cameos in films and he was a positive figure to most.

Becomes US president, says a few uncomfortable truths and he becomes Adolf Hitler.

****ing sheep.

Edited by i8hibsh

Jeffros Furios
2 hours ago, Boris said:

Was trying to work out your point about saying dutch-caribbean being construed as racist when Suriname considers itself Caribbean.  

Going slightly off topic Boris , but did you know  the term Caucasian was coined by a German anthrapologist who held rather anti semitic views.  

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

71 years of his life before he was US president and not one mention ever form anyone about him being racist.  He was well liked all over, a prime time tv star who everyone seemed to like.  He was wined in dined in this country by our leaders as he proposed a business venture. He was a social butterfly throughout the New York social scene. He was invited on guest shows, made cameos in films and he was a positive figure to most.

Becomes US president, says a few uncomfortable truths and he becomes Adolf Hitler.

****ing sheep.

I think you often make good points that people on here just dismiss straight away because of how you put them across/simply because it's you.

Can't agree with the above though. He had plenty vocal critics before his presidency.

Edited by Taffin

Jeffros Furios
12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

****ing sheep.

Biden didn't want his kids going to a multiracial school, he's used the N word and told a black guy that he wasn't black .

2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I had a gay mate who hated "poofs", as he called them. "I fancy men. Why the **** do I want to shag someone who acts like a wee lassie? They're nippy as ****." was his reasoning. 

55 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

****ing sheep.

:notsure:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history

Edited by fancy a brew
Add another link

Weakened Offender
10 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

So if a coach stated a player was so white that he was invisible in the snow that would be racist?

That's a ridiculous contribution. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

You are coming over as extremely intolerant , bigoted and offensive .

Like all PHM should.

1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Do you prefer Biden ? 

Intolerant of racists? You bet! Bigoted against who, exactly? And I thought it didn't matter if people were offensive. Which is it? 

Jeffros Furios
Just now, Sow Easy said:

Intolerant of racists? You bet! Bigoted against who, exactly? And I thought it didn't matter if people were offensive. Which is it? 

You are a disgusting individual who should seek help .

There's no place for racists in a modern society and your kind will be consigned to history .

Just now, Jeffros Furios said:

You are a disgusting individual who should seek help .

There's no place for racists in a modern society and your kind will be consigned to history .

Aka 'I have no ****ing idea what I was on about, better try to deflect'. 

Poor, poor effort. 

Jeffros Furios
Just now, Sow Easy said:

Aka 'I have no ****ing idea what I was on about, better try to deflect'. 

Poor, poor effort. 

A racist and a bigot . . disgusting ! 

1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

A racist and a bigot . . disgusting ! 

A grown ass man doing 'I know you are, but what am I?!' 

Off the charts cringey and embarrassing. I'd hate myself and the world too if I was you.