***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Batistuta87

I think we're signing Regan Hendry. Just got a feeling. Insta-stalked him and Jamie Walker, John Souttar and GMS all follow him. He has the same agent as Harry Cochrane and Chris Hamilton. He's from Edinburgh, is a Hutchie Vale lad. I *think* he's a Jambo. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

I think we're signing Regan Hendry. Just got a feeling. Insta-stalked him and Jamie Walker, John Souttar and GMS all follow him. He has the same agent as Harry Cochrane and Chris Hamilton. He's from Edinburgh, is a Hutchie Vale lad. I *think* he's a Jambo. 

Really hope so, he’s the perfect sort of signing for us to be making. We need to focus in on these kinds of players (under 24, just had a solid season, available on a free). I’ll be gutted if we don’t tbh, especially if it’s another 28 year old no mark that gets signed in his place. 

Batistuta87
40 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So, a month or so ago O’Donnell was generally seen as a good signing iirc but now, after a poor game, he’s not. 🧐 

I wanted to sign him, based only on him being decent for Kilmarnock. Watched him a couple of times this season for Motherwell and wasn't massively impressed and then he's gone and shown today just how pish he is capable of being. So aye, I'm pretty glad we didn't... 

Edited by Batistuta87

jamboinglasgow
13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Rangers want to sign some young lad called Ivan Lepinjica from Rijeka in Croatia, the guys 21, never capped. So if they do sign this guy and the fact they even believe they can shows that it's not as difficult as folk would believe and perfectly reasonable to suggest that we could sign EU players. 

The key thing is that there is still a panel who can decide if a player is exceptional enough to get a work permit even if they dont automatically qualify. Sadly it will favour the old firm more then anything. 

But I also think there is in oppourtunity to try and recruit from outwith the EU, as the new rules mean all the countries are the same so Scotland could provide a route for South American players to get to the Premier league.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think if we want to improve it needs to be players mostly from outside Scotland. Bar Campbell not seeing anyone available that makes us better. 

21 minutes ago, bazman said:

I'm not saying we won't look to it but it won't be as often 

I wouldn't have imagined so but it's an area we need to look at. 

12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Any team can apply to sign players, the work permits are still decided by the panel. But they will have their limits as to who is eligible on specified requirements and who is eligible upon appeal. So it’s not so much whether players could be eligible to sign (one of the requirements is to improve the league, which isn’t hard) it’s whether clubs want the costs, administration paperwork etc involved in doing so. Players too might want to avoid it if unnecessary, especially if there’s competition for their signature - which at our level there could undoubtedly be. I imagine too the panel are only allowed so many special dispensations to be allowed - even regular embassies have such quotas - so if Rangers get that guy then it’ll mean there’s less chance other teams will get theirs (if they go down that route). However it has to be said it doesn’t look like many clubs are looking the foreign markets, even if you look at the last couple of years they haven’t. Imagine they’ve been preparing for potential complications.

Lots of conjecture and speculation of what might happen. The fact remains, we can sign players from the EU. That is not off limits. 

Administration and paperwork is small fry stuff and not a major expense, nor is it complicated. 

Furthermore, we will be severely limiting ourselves and lowering the standard of player we can sign if the breadth of and depth of our target area is this island. 

8 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He’s a Hibs fan.

Jean Louis Valois
9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Jamie Walker is pals with everyone

Absolute Scenes
9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

That’s very interesting because I stalked him two days ago and only GMS and Souttar follows him,  so Walker has only recently followed him in the past two days 

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The key thing is that there is still a panel who can decide if a player is exceptional enough to get a work permit even if they dont automatically qualify. Sadly it will favour the old firm more then anything. 

But I also think there is in oppourtunity to try and recruit from outwith the EU, as the new rules mean all the countries are the same so Scotland could provide a route for South American players to get to the Premier league.

Indeed. The panel would have to justify that but I'm sure if we were looking to sign a player we deem to improve our side then I couldn't see a panel suggesting otherwise. 

That's a good shout. Africa seems to provide some gems. I see Rangers are looking at Joseph Okumu of Kenya as well who is an absolutely smashing Centerhalf, he has literally everything. 

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I wouldn't have imagined so but it's an area we need to look at. 

Lots of conjecture and speculation of what might happen. The fact remains, we can sign players from the EU. That is not off limits. 

Administration and paperwork is small fry stuff and not a major expense, nor is it complicated. 

Furthermore, we will be severely limiting ourselves and lowering the standard of player we can sign if the breadth of and depth of our target area is this island. 

I think you’re seriously underestimating the complexities of a work permit process. Should also be said that work permits may be hard to come by since those that process them - the consulates and embassies are currently under staffed. Meaning it’s far more difficult to have one processed now than it was before, and it was difficult enough before. And when technically there’s no guarantee a panel will agree the player is worthy of a permit clubs and players may not want to go into (what seems) lengthy negotiation processes on contracts etc if they don’t have a guarantee a work permit will be granted at the end of it.

9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Aberdeen trying to bring in a American striker from MLS who is 30 and scored 14 goals since 2018 on appeal.. literally fails every requirement.

If they manage to get that through then floodgates will open.

Rick Sanchez

Charlie Mulgrew on Si Ferry for the next two nights. Get that shite in the bin.

I hope you've got me hooked Bongo 😔

gorgieheart
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Indeed. The panel would have to justify that but I'm sure if we were looking to sign a player we deem to improve our side then I couldn't see a panel suggesting otherwise. 

That's a good shout. Africa seems to provide some gems. I see Rangers are looking at Joseph Okumu of Kenya as well who is an absolutely smashing Centerhalf, he has literally everything. 

Juwon the world Cup hero being the exception to the rule...

gorgieheart
2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Aberdeen trying to bring in a American striker from MLS who is 30 and scored 14 goals since 2018 on appeal.. literally fails every requirement.

If they manage to get that through then floodgates will open.

They have , or are about to get some lad on loan from Brighton , Jenks,  midfielder.

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Charlie Mulgrew on Si Ferry for the next two nights. Get that shite in the bin.

I hope you've got me hooked Bongo 😔

is Halliday not buddies with the boy Si Ferry too? 

Edited by cocobeab

Malinga the Swinga

No-one who has watched Scottish football over last number of years could have wanted Hearts to sign O'Donnell.

He cannot create, cannot attack, cannot defend, cannot cross, cannot score, cannot read the game and is uncomfortable with the ball. He is a wing back who doesn't contribute going forward or backwards.

He is the Kirk Broadfoot of this generation. Limited footballer, who by being a nice guy and being friendly with media, seems to be beyond criticism. If he plays for Scotland again, after being shite once more, then the manager should be sacked.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Aberdeen sign Teddy Jenks on loan from Brighton u19 Engerland international 

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I think you’re seriously underestimating the complexities of a work permit process. Should also be said that work permits may be hard to come by since those that process them - the consulates and embassies are currently under staffed. Meaning it’s far more difficult to have one processed now than it was before, and it was difficult enough before. And when technically there’s no guarantee a panel will agree the player is worthy of a permit clubs and players may not want to go into (what seems) lengthy negotiation processes on contracts etc if they don’t have a guarantee a work permit will be granted at the end of it.

Sorry bud but you don't know this to be true. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

No-one who has watched Scottish football over last number of years could have wanted Hearts to sign O'Donnell.

He cannot create, cannot attack, cannot defend, cannot cross, cannot score, cannot read the game and is uncomfortable with the ball. He is a wing back who doesn't contribute going forward or backwards.

He is the Kirk Broadfoot of this generation. Limited footballer, who by being a nice guy and being friendly with media, seems to be beyond criticism. If he plays for Scotland again, after being shite once more, then the manager should be sacked.

Rubbish. 

Defended Christie brilliantly today 

7 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Juwon the world Cup hero being the exception to the rule...

Let’s not go there.... 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Rubbish. 

Defended Christie brilliantly today 

His one tackle completed and it was on his own player. Summed up the whole dismal performance.

tolcross lad

Regan Hendrys dad is Rangers.Mum is Hearts as is older brother.Not sure about younger brother.Would be surprised if Regan is truly Hibs.

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Regan Hendrys dad is Rangers.Mum is Hearts as is older brother.Not sure about younger brother.Would be surprised if Regan is truly Hibs.

Link I posted above is a video of him going nuts at David Grays goal in the Scottish Cup Final. I'm calling it 😂... He's a Hibby. 

Edited by Batistuta87

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Sorry bud but you don't know this to be true. 

I don’t know the inner complexities of the SFA panel decisions, but I can assure you I have extensive experience of international visa requirements and processes. (Have had to for work) All I’m saying is if an employer (football club) is looking to have a new employee (sign a player) and they have a choice of, say, 5 potentials and 2 of them require visa processing and 3 don’t - unless those two that do are of exceptional standard the employer (club) will concentrate on the other 3. So in the scenario of Hearts, as an example, if Savage has a remit to sign a centre back and he has a shortlist (which he’ll have endless names for) and he narrows it down to the final two who he sees as similar in terms of ability, quality, potential and cost - the non visa requirement player will automatically become first choice. So it will have to be someone that Savage/Neilson think is the only option they can pursue in that position for them to even comprehend starting the process. I’m not saying it can’t happen (we did as recently as Meshino) I’m just saying that it’s not something that will commonly be pursued, even if it’s for players that could move freely up until last as late as last season.

Hectormasson
28 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Mind we've had a few shite Africans, that came pretty well quoted ?

34 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

He’s a Hibs fan.

31 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Regan Hendry is sellick through and through going by his Twitter.

Sort of the same thing though?

BackOfTheNet

I’ve come to the conclusion from my time on JKB that no one knows who football players support but they all vehemently assert who they support with no uncertainty.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’ve come to the conclusion from my time on JKB that no one knows who football players support but they all vehemently assert who they support with no uncertainty.

And, that post should effectively end the ‘I know’ games.  👍

I bet it won’t though. 

Some folk still post tripe like ‘Robbo was a Hibby whilst growing up’.  

If I wanted to read rubbish, I’d buy the Sunday Post.

11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Hi, man.

How’s tricks?

All good mate just trying to get my head round all these players we are linked with 😂

33 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I don’t know the inner complexities of the SFA panel decisions, but I can assure you I have extensive experience of international visa requirements and processes. (Have had to for work) All I’m saying is if an employer (football club) is looking to have a new employee (sign a player) and they have a choice of, say, 5 potentials and 2 of them require visa processing and 3 don’t - unless those two that do are of exceptional standard the employer (club) will concentrate on the other 3. So in the scenario of Hearts, as an example, if Savage has a remit to sign a centre back and he has a shortlist (which he’ll have endless names for) and he narrows it down to the final two who he sees as similar in terms of ability, quality, potential and cost - the non visa requirement player will automatically become first choice. So it will have to be someone that Savage/Neilson think is the only option they can pursue in that position for them to even comprehend starting the process. I’m not saying it can’t happen (we did as recently as Meshino) I’m just saying that it’s not something that will commonly be pursued, even if it’s for players that could move freely up until last as late as last season.

Here's the rules. 

The GBE Framework requires that players must have 15 points for an automatic work permit. This is calculated on the following, 

International appearances

Domestic minutes played

Continental minutes played

Investment

It takes into account league ranking, so if the league the player plays is ranked lower than the SPL, the less points they get. 

That is for an automatic work permit that lasts 3 years. 

If a player does not receive 15 points under that criteria it goes to the SFA panel. The SFA exemptions panel will take into account, 

Calibre of player

Improvement to the team they are signing for and the contribution they would make to the  Scottish game

However, the SFA have not actually published their appeals criteria if a player does not automatically qualify for a work permit. 

But, Livingston managed to sign Djibril Diani from Grasshoppers Zurich through an SFA appeal panel, so despite the difficulties, it is entirely possible to sign players outwith the UK. 

40 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Mind we've had a few shite Africans, that came pretty well quoted ?

Aye, we got our fingers burnt with Oshaniwa, doesn't mean they are all guff though, we just have to do our due diligence better. 

10 minutes ago, One five said:

Hopefully be worth the wait 🤞

My whelm is braced for a good wowing.

BackOfTheNet
14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Here's the rules. 

The GBE Framework requires that players must have 15 points for an automatic work permit. This is calculated on the following, 

International appearances

Domestic minutes played

Continental minutes played

Investment

It takes into account league ranking, so if the league the player plays is ranked lower than the SPL, the less points they get. 

That is for an automatic work permit that lasts 3 years. 

If a player does not receive 15 points under that criteria it goes to the SFA panel. The SFA exemptions panel will take into account, 

Calibre of player

Improvement to the team they are signing for and the contribution they would make to the  Scottish game

However, the SFA have not actually published their appeals criteria if a player does not automatically qualify for a work permit. 

But, Livingston managed to sign Djibril Diani from Grasshoppers Zurich through an SFA appeal panel, so despite the difficulties, it is entirely possible to sign players outwith the UK. 

I know the rules, so not not sure why you posted them as they haven’t contradicted anything I said - including that it is possible to sign players on permits. Never once have I said teams can’t, what I’m saying is that if clubs have a choice of transfer targets that require a visa and those that don’t then the visa requirement players needs to be a few levels up from the next best thing for a club to want to pursue it. And because of this the foreign market will not be looked at as much as it was before. And one thing is really want to know is the panel’s quote for special dispensation visas outside the requirements. As I’d be beyond astonished if they don’t have a limit to amount of visas that can be issued.

I guess my point is that Savage as extensive knowledge of the English and Irish markets and that those markets will be utilised, and only if a player up and above the standard he can find is interested will he even consider going for that player if they require a visa.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Is that real? 🤔 

Yes, Pele was at Tynecastle - World u-16 Cup in June. i think Guinea and Colombia drew 1-1 and Portugal (Figo played?) drew 2-2 with someone I can't remember.

Pele was introduced to the teams before kick off as a FIFA representative

11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I know the rules, so not not sure why you posted them as they haven’t contradicted anything I said - including that it is possible to sign players on permits. Never once have I said teams can’t, what I’m saying is that if clubs have a choice of transfer targets that require a visa and those that don’t then the visa requirement players needs to be a few levels up from the next best thing for a club to want to pursue it. And because of this the foreign market will not be looked at as much as it was before. And one thing is really want to know is the panel’s quote for special dispensation visas outside the requirements. As I’d be beyond astonished if they don’t have a limit to amount of visas that can be issued.

I guess my point is that Savage as extensive knowledge of the English and Irish markets and that those markets will be utilised, and only if a player up and above the standard he can find is interested will he even consider going for that player if they require a visa.

OK 

12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

OK.. Fair doo's bud. 👍 

Final point though. 

Personally, I think that Foreign players are both cheaper and technically better than those at English League 1 and 2 level and if we're purely looking at players from England, we will not improve. 

And it may be mate that we haven't revealed a signing because we are waiting on a work permit from the home office. 

13 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Yes, Pele was at Tynecastle - World u-16 Cup in June. i think Guinea and Colombia drew 1-1 and Portugal (Figo played?) drew 2-2 with someone I can't remember.

Pele was introduced to the teams before kick off as a FIFA representative

Cheers, that's pretty cool. :cool:

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

OK 

OK.. Fair doo's bud. 👍 

Final point though. 

Personally, I think that Foreign players are both cheaper and technically better than those at English League 1 and 2 level and if we're purely looking at players from England, we will not improve. 

And it may be mate that we haven't revealed a signing because we are waiting on a work permit from the home office. 

Totally agree, I’ve said for yonks that we should explore foreign markets (the more players who don’t give a crap who Rangers and Celtic are the better!) But I can see why clubs wouldn’t want to go to the trouble, considering what it takes even just to get to the panel. Processing times can take up to a month, and we know contract / agent negotiations can take same if not longer so sometimes clubs don’t bother. Especially in short windows. (Unless it’s a big club who have legal teams dedicated to this sort of thing) But totally agree, we should be having scouts in Eastern Europe and lower divisions in places like Portugal and Germany and even Austria. If possible further afield too. Even if it winds up the elements of the support that can’t help themselves criticise anyone who’s not a “good honest hard working Scottish laddie”…

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***