***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Pages 397 and 398 are trailing 399 galloping into a lead but 400 is making headway and 401 is putting on a spurt, this could be neck and neck as we dont head to a finish.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hectormasson
46 minutes ago, David Black said:

Only time will tell, but I have no faith whatsoever in those running the club. Those responsible for the mess created are still hovering about in the background, a bit like the CL scenario. 

You couldn't have put that any better...

Ted Hastings
9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

No transfer activity yet 12.03pm

Thought the updates were going to be on the hour every hour?

Person responsible for updates OOT

The Future's Maroon
7 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

😂😂

Gordon Ramsay

Are you still there, Joe? 

Has someone placed you in the microwave and topped you with cheese and beans? 

Ainsley Harriott
Just now, Gordon Ramsay said:

Are you still there, Joe? 

Has someone placed you in the microwave and topped you with cheese and beans? 

An idiot sandwich indeed 

Saw mcnulty been linked with other Scottish clubs. Is this someone we would consider as a back up to Boyce ignoring his previous clubs?

1 hour ago, David Black said:

Well if the 2 signings we were " well along the road with" haven't signed after the end of July , then they are not going to, so presumably that's back to square one. 

3 August will be a big day in this window. 

Hackney Hearts
13 hours ago, Herbert said:

How comfortable was it today?

In truth, it was a lot more comfortable than the 3-0 against ICT at the end of April.

21 attempts (12 on target)

April: 11 attempts (7 on target)

ICT managed only 1 attempt on target yesterday, as opposed to 3 in April.

Our possession was 61%     (58% in April)     

But that's football - their keeper had a great game (and some luck). We were unlucky/wasteful with some of our finishing. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
27 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Why the 3rd? 31st would be the end of the balloon payment phase, which is Saturday, is that where you are going?

Hackney Hearts
20 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

what an erse you are. Read the thread before jumping in. Guy said we were undefeated in months through close season. Sunderland game was a friendly, but we were beaten. First half we played our first team and were 2-0 down, 2nd half we changed it. It’s not going to have much bearing on next season but that’s the reality of it

What's the abuse for? I've read the whole thread (more fool me!), I haven't jumped in. As many others have pointed out, it was quite clear the guy meant in competitive fixtures - you shouldn't have to put those words in to appease the pedants. So you think it's a normal, meaningful game to play virtually two different teams in each half? Maybe our "first team" would have fought back to win in the second half, if they'd cared greatly about the result? And you think Stewart is a first choice keeper? The guy who gave away a needless penalty to set up this disastrous defeat to sabotage our long unbeaten run? You're right, it's not going to have much bearing on next season (zero), but the reality of it is, it was a kickabout. Will make sure to insert the word 'competitive' in future, however, for the avoidance of doubt.

32 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We need business done long before then tbh. Hopefully we will in the next two weeks at a push. 

38 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Saw mcnulty been linked with other Scottish clubs. Is this someone we would consider as a back up to Boyce ignoring his previous clubs?

100% no.

drumie jambo
1 hour ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Can only imagine what this place will be like if/when Celtic run riot in the league and cup. 

Robbie OOT! Threads galore. 

There's been one started already🤬

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We need business done long before then tbh. Hopefully we will in the next two weeks at a push. 

The 3rd of August is 8 days from now.

Not sure what the significance of the 3rd as opposed to the 2nd is right enough.

1 hour ago, Ted Hastings said:

I was all ready at 1pm and just as I was going to hit the submit button the deal fell through. A well back to the drawing board. Not long till 2pm and I’m quite hopeful.

6 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

The 3rd of August is 8 days from now.

Not sure what the significance of the 3rd as opposed to the 2nd is right enough.

Doh! Right enough :vrface:

3 hours ago, bazman said:

I used to enjoy these threads when you were getting tit bits of ITK (whether they worked out or not) as it got you a bit excited and it was good to read.

however the amount of name calling, arguing etc has just made it a chore

This, I can’t be arsed even getting involved in a discussion tbh,  there are some posters( not all of course ) just get upset about another posters views, it’s like a primary school playground sometimes.

In the year 2121 if any knew players are alive,

If Joe Savage is still employed, 

We may find, 

Frustrating isn’t it.

weegie jambo
6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We may find, 

Frustrating isn’t it.

Ha ha, one for the older listeners!

weegie jambo
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

👍

I always enjoy an obscure musical reference!

heartsfc_fan
10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We may find, 

Frustrating isn’t it.

Craig Gordon is 138 years old and still hasn't conceeded a goal.

Jambof3tornado

Is anyone expecting to be blown away by the signings when they eventually come in??

I'm beginning to wonder if we've aimed too high or what? Clearly something amiss.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Is anyone expecting to be blown away by the signings when they eventually come in??

I'm beginning to wonder if we've aimed too high or what? Clearly something amiss.

Players were looking at maybe seen how we play.

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Herbert said:

They would be impressed by Craig Gordons deck chair sitting on skills then!

heartmussel
1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Or maybe logged into JKB🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yeah I am.  We were told we were after quality. We’ve slashed the wage budget and I expect and I expect at least two players who will make a huge difference. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I am starting to think the lack of signings is now quite deliberate, telling Neilson to make it work with what he has rather than backing him to the hilt and being stuck with his signings if it goes breasts skywards.

I'd hope not and given the investment and changes to the recruitment side I struggle with the logic. 

With Savage, a new head scout and other new scouting staff there must be a decent budget and plans in progress. 

Why do all this if the plan was to go with as is?

It's all a bit slow but I'm going for 

2 whelm signings 

1 OK signing 

1 meh signing. 

4 new players. 

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Wouldn’t bet on it. 

Wouldn't want McNulty, file in the Hibs ned category. Anyway saw that Motherwell were interested in him, doubt we would want him at our club. 

4 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Hey Joe, where you going with that gun in your hand

He's going to shoot the auld lady. Caught her messing around with the transfers man. 

:whistling:

Horatio Caine

It's pretty clear to me that we should sign this season's top scorer for St Mirren - Covid.  He wears the #19 shirt btw...

SomethingAboutObua

Don't see us signing any starting XI players if we're still without anyone by now. Take it any new signings will be squad players/young guys with a view to developing? 

Also not to be massively downbeat but we've spent 100-200grand on McEneff and already the guy's behind Pollock and Halliday it seems? Or is there more going on there?

Rogue Daddy
15 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

It's pretty clear to me that we should sign this season's top scorer for St Mirren - Covid.  He wears the #19 shirt btw...

...always wins 3-0. Good shout!

Rogue Daddy
16 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Don't see us signing any starting XI players if we're still without anyone by now. Take it any new signings will be squad players/young guys with a view to developing? 

Also not to be massively downbeat but we've spent 100-200grand on McEneff and already the guy's behind Pollock and Halliday it seems? Or is there more going on there?

Yeah... I liked the look of him and Haring in the middle. Injured?

...what happened to the 'At Training Today' thread?... that was always good for bits of info... or have our spys at Riccarton mysteriously disappeared now that JS has tightened security? 

It's been a good PR stunt by Hearts to suggest players are just about tied up with season ticket sales still ongoing. Heard that these players were on their way since sales were around the 5k mark. I was told last night that somewhere in the region on 10k have been sold, so where are these players? Are any actually going to turn up or are Hearts going to wait until they've sold as many ST's as they can before saying that "we lost out" on the players in the end? You'd expect any players that were going to be deemed as important to Hearts to be here by now and integrating with the rest of the squad to try and get off to a good start. Maybe they're just looking for "squad-fillers" yet again, who knows. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***