***Official I hate Greenock Morton v Hearts Thread ***

Baxfee

4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Hm, wee man's first night at scouts. Might be hard to swerve!!!

9 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Does your son have legs? Perhaps he could walk or cycle? Honestly parents taxi-ing their kids everywhere, no wonder the planet is a mess.

To be fair, Scouts could be absolutely miles away, or whatever (no public transport, living in a rural location etc.)

But ... there are folks in my street who chauffeur their offspring to Stewart's Melville in a 4x4, a distance of ... wait for it ... 0.5 miles. Vroom, vroom!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• JDHMFC

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

To be fair, Scouts could be absolutely miles away, or whatever (no public transport, living in a rural location etc.)

But ... there are folks in my street who chauffeur their offspring to Stewart's Melville in a 4x4, a distance of ... wait for it ... 0.5 miles. Vroom, vroom!

Do Stew Mel still insist on shorts come rain, wind, sleet and so on?

will-i-am-a-jambo
Just now, Wee Mikey said:

You are quite correct, it was the latter lm referring to really. It's the same with schools, parents dropping their kids off and picking them up, fair enough if it's miles away but not if it's in the local neighbourhood within walking distance.

Anyway this is a football thread so l predict 4-0 Hearts for tonight.

avhudtheteeshirt

This is the game we see if the players are really trying to play for the team?

Last week's results won the league, now its over lets see if they can put together a string of results till the seasons over!!!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Comes on BBC Scotland HD at 19:00, and the game kicks off at 19:05. The home fixture at the w/e versus ICT will be available on Hearts TV and the final fixture versus Raith Rovers, in Kirkcaldy, on Friday 30/04/21 is also on BBC Scotland, 19:30 for 19:45 kick off.

Thanks, very detailed answer! 

Match kicks off tonight at 19.05

Wonder if the ref will blow to start the match at 19.05.12 important set of numbers 👍🏻😊🏐

59 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Does your son have legs? Perhaps he could walk or cycle? Honestly parents taxi-ing their kids everywhere, no wonder the planet is a mess.

We're staying in temp accom due to a severe plumbing issue at home so are miles from the venue.  It's his first ever night.  He suffers from quite severe anxiety and we're pretty proud he's going along at all.  I'll be happy to be there to support him though and make sure he feels safe and comfortable.  Luckily, yes he does have legs.  His gran, however, was paraplegic most her adult life, so we do know the constraints being disabled can have, especially in getting around town. 

Thanks for your concern though.

Glad everyone now knows what's happening in my life.

Do we reckon Naismith might start tonight?

38 minutes ago, dustybin said:

Match kicks off tonight at 19.05

Wonder if the ref will blow to start the match at 19.05.12 important set of numbers 👍🏻😊🏐

Thanks  had no idea it was an early kick off, so much ESL I almost forgot we had a game😄

We didn't play too badly in Greenock earlier in the season , comfortable 2-0 win. Morton have a new manager now though and will be fired up to avoid a relegation play off spot. 4-0 Hearts.

40 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

We're staying in temp accom due to a severe plumbing issue at home so are miles from the venue.  It's his first ever night.  He suffers from quite severe anxiety and we're pretty proud he's going along at all.  I'll be happy to be there to support him though and make sure he feels safe and comfortable.  Luckily, yes he does have legs.  His gran, however, was paraplegic most her adult life, so we do know the constraints being disabled can have, especially in getting around town. 

Being a fellow anxiety sufferer (fairly late onset, I don't know where it has come from), that's brilliant that he's going to Scouts. I appreciate that there are different types of anxieties that folk can have, but personally I find it difficult being around a lot of people and being in new, unusual surroundings, so if your son is similar then bravo to him for doing this. Bravo in any case, of course.

Not sure about Naismith's starting.

Hearts 0, half time.

Hearts 1, full time.

Predicted that on quite a few matchday threads because it's, well, so bloody predictable. 

6-0 v. Alloa was the blip result, sadly, of Robbie Neilson's 2021 Hearts.

Edited by martoon

Will miss the first half tonight as I have a training session with the U11's team I coach. To be fair I only go along to undermine my fellow coaches by changing all the drills they've set up. 

5 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Will miss the first half tonight as I have a training session with the U11's team I coach. To be fair I only go along to undermine my fellow coaches by changing all the drills they've set up. 

Perfection through chaos. :thumb:

33 minutes ago, martoon said:

Hearts 0, half time.

Hearts 1, full time.

Predicted that on quite a few matchday threads because it's, well, so bloody predictable. 

6-0 v. Alloa was the blip result, sadly, of Robbie Neilson's 2021 Hearts.

3-0 Ht 5-0 Ft. It’s a double blip 😀

The Treasurer
9 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

If you have a promising looking striker, make sure you play him out of position 

Rogue Daddy
10 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

🤣🤣🤣...aye, and if you play with wingers, swap them at the half hour mark. NOBODY will see that coming. Master stroke!

9 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

We've only been back 3 weeks and I've already told our 2 wingers that they were shite, and sent them packing to the Under 10's. Tonight's drill is slow monotonous build up play for 7 v 7. Looking forward to it.

Rogue Daddy
Just now, Paul Shark said:

We've only been back 3 weeks and I've already told our 2 wingers that they were shite, and sent them packing to the Under 10's. Tonight's drill is slow monotonous build up play for 7 v 7. Looking forward to it.

Ach... you must have missed my ploy a couple of posts above!

11 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

My lad is coaching the U10 elite players.  Suspect the talent drains away by the time they reach U16.   

Bazzas right boot

3-1

Woyld like GMS to open his account. 

Walker to score from the bench, again. 

27 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Comfortable win for Robbie and the boys .

Would expect nothing less now he’s taken the handbrake off.

The day is dragging on, people on here claim they aren't bothered or will miss it, Meaningless,.

I can't wait for the game to start, i miss watching the side play,

Staying positive while holding back the fear, ugly football better not appear on my screen tonight.

If that happens our Nobert will be getting his Jobbie hole booted.

I’m looking forward watching the game tonight, a home made curry and a glass of beer, just hope we give them a good hammering.

20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

6 nothing to Hearts. 

And nae ***** calls Morton, Greenock Morton. 

My old dad used to call them ‘Mug Morton’.  🤷🏿‍♂️

And no, I don’t know why.  :biggrin:

will-i-am-a-jambo
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Apologies my last comment wasn't aimed at you specifically but in society in general. Appreciate everyone has their own circumstances. Sorry about your son's anxiety issues l can understand that as my daughter has the same issues. I hope he enjoys his scout experience anyway and wish him well.

As for Naismith l hope he doesn't play as he slows play down. 

will-i-am-a-jambo
6 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Apologies my last comment wasn't aimed at you specifically but in society in general. Appreciate everyone has their own circumstances. Sorry about your son's anxiety issues l can understand that as my daughter has the same issues. I hope he enjoys his scout experience anyway and wish him well. As an side you were the one complaining about missing the game because of your taxi duties, l was just giving you viable alternatives.

6 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

As for Naismith l hope he doesn't play as he slows play down. 

Auldbenches
36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

3-1

Woyld like GMS to open his account. 

Walker to score from the bench, again. 

Walker is worth a punt to score anytime if he comes of the bench.  He makes a big difference in the last half hour.  

Auldbenches
29 minutes ago, JDHMFC said:

The day is dragging on, people on here claim they aren't bothered or will miss it, Meaningless,.

I can't wait for the game to start, i miss watching the side play,

Staying positive while holding back the fear, ugly football better not appear on my screen tonight.

If that happens our Nobert will be getting his Jobbie hole booted.

We haven't been that enjoyable this season, but imagine no Hearts to watch over the last few months? 

Not many games are meaningless after how other clubs treated us.  

Go for the throat.  

Just now, lost in space said:

Quite right. When I was young we were so poor we couldn't afford legs. We had to do 22 hour shifts down pit and when we got home our father used to beat us with a stick and then we had to sleep in the middle of road.

Planet was fine then.

Huh! Your Dad had a stick? Bloody snobs and no mistake ba-tit!

Just now, Auldbenches said:

We haven't been that enjoyable this season, but imagine no Hearts to watch over the last few months? 

Not many games are meaningless after how other clubs treated us.  

Go for the throat.  

Every game has been torture, even the ones we have been the far better side and took the 3 points. The meaningless comment was taken from a poster here, i am using it to push the fact we need to show intend in al games played from now on .

No game involving Hearts right now is meaningless, we have learned a lot over the last years, we desperately need a top class coaching set up with a 30 year vision for the  style of football we want to play. We have all the mod cons ,the luxuries i would trade for an attacking football side with smarts attitude and a fighting spirit to achieve succeed and dominate.

People in my family have witnessed Hearts win the double 1959-60, i hope dream pray that we can enjoy those heights again.

The way the club is right now is the best i have seen for all my years, the football played etc is honking. I will concede last week against Alloa is the correct way to play against sides who you should be beating comfortably, in no way does it excuse losing to them in a game we dominated and could of scored 6 , no we ended up losing to a crappy penalty. Ann Budge has turned Hearts into a sleeping giant.

We need to waken the **** up and let out a roar, take a few chunks.

Hearts are here.

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What on earth has happened to this thread 😂

I jumped in at page 3 and it seems even more bizarre 😂

No pressure, league won, scored 6 in last game, players confident, so..... 

Neilson will play it tight....0-0

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

3-0 Ht 5-0 Ft. It’s a double blip 😀

Hope you're right, bud.

Would be nice.

Auldbenches
35 minutes ago, JDHMFC said:

Every game has been torture, even the ones we have been the far better side and took the 3 points. The meaningless comment was taken from a poster here, i am using it to push the fact we need to show intend in al games played from now on .

No game involving Hearts right now is meaningless, we have learned a lot over the last years, we desperately need a top class coaching set up with a 30 year vision for the  style of football we want to play. We have all the mod cons ,the luxuries i would trade for an attacking football side with smarts attitude and a fighting spirit to achieve succeed and dominate.

People in my family have witnessed Hearts win the double 1959-60, i hope dream pray that we can enjoy those heights again.

The way the club is right now is the best i have seen for all my years, the football played etc is honking. I will concede last week against Alloa is the correct way to play against sides who you should be beating comfortably, in no way does it excuse losing to them in a game we dominated and could of scored 6 , no we ended up losing to a crappy penalty. Ann Budge has turned Hearts into a sleeping giant.

We need to waken the **** up and let out a roar, take a few chunks.

Hearts are here.

Neilson is on a wee bit of a hiding to nothing here.  If we play really well in the next few games, fans will be asking how come we haven't been doing this all Season.  Play well and I'll still have something to moan at...

Still glad there's a game to watch tonight. 

2-1 win for us tonight.

Not much to play for, but we'll still have enough to get past them without trying too hard.  I fully expect us to go 1-0 down, and as a result I'll be having a fiver on "Hearts to win from behind" at 6/1 on Bet365.

23 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Neilson is on a wee bit of a hiding to nothing here.  If we play really well in the next few games, fans will be asking how come we haven't been doing this all Season.  Play well and I'll still have something to moan at...

Still glad there's a game to watch tonight. 

Fed up with the unknown part, never know what team or style is going to play.

I have no faith in him at the moment, no idea what we are all about or what is going to happen in the near future.

Not the feeling i was expecting before this season started, i thought win this batter every side in the league and give the cups a shot.

We achieved the Championship aim, i appreciate it was difficult for everyone to watch. The cup semi final against Hibs was dynamite bar one piece losing Big Zal, losing the way we did against Celtic was a tough one, we were at them in parts and maybe should of finished them off in the penalties. Was a bonus day. Aw well to that.

Problems became apparent when we suddenly began to shite our pants against the teams in the league, was like we were courtesy calling them offering a free hit at us.

Thicko befriends Rolly Polly and they instantly hit it off, so much that thicko decides to be a gentleman and a great sport ' Oh no you take the ball, on ye go have a few shots' Aw such a nice club, they deserve respect. Aye right then. Mental cases.

Edited by JDHMFC