***Official I hate Greenock Morton v Hearts Thread ***

Baxfee

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Don’t misunderstand, I mean it’s not losing to give anyone a favour more than to keep that treacherous club in this 2nd division as karma for what they did to us through their corrupt voting. 

Any defeat is a blow to us fans, we cannot bare it.

I know what you meant, i was making sure we were not going down that route as fans.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• JDHMFC

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Auldbenches
27 minutes ago, Berranow said:

Just give it a miss then I’m sure you will feel better for it.

So will we if it's his last post on this thread.

portobellojambo1

It was good to read online earlier today that we will be approaching this game in the same way we approached the game versus Alloa. Probably unfortunate that it involved a meeting involving Joe Savage, the manager and the senior players to get this style/formation adopted prior to the previous game but the correct outcome was reached.

I just hope we don't slacken up in any way but continue to play as if winning is essential. While I understand what some have said about the pending home game versus ICT my feelings are a bit different. That, and the final league game versus Raith Rovers, are also games I'd like to see us look to win, winning football games can and should become a habit, and it is a good habit to have.

Edited by portobellojambo1

7 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It was good to read online earlier today that we will be approaching this game in the same way we approached the game versus Alloa. Probably unfortunate that it involved a meeting involving Joe Savage, the manager and the senior players to get this style/formation adopted prior to the previous game but the correct outcome was reached.

I just hope we don't slacken up in any way but continue to play as if winning is essential. While I understand what some have said about the pending home game versus ICT my feelings are a bit different. That, and the final league game versus Raith Rovers, are also games I'd like to see us look to win, winning football games can and should become a habit, and it is a good habit to have.

I heard our Joe went bonkers, he backed the players to the hilt as they are going by the coaches set up.

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, JDHMFC said:

I heard our Joe went bonkers, he backed the players to the hilt as they are going by the coaches set up.

I'd been told by a friend that the coaches were often confused when they turned up on matchdays because they had done their work during the week. But on the morning of games the manager often gave the players completely different instuctions. It might help explain why we often witnessed the coaches staring at their paperwork/manuals in the early part of games, looking a bit clueless as to WTF was going on.

2-1 morton, as we are shite away from home, another team about to be added to list of the teams who have cuffed us in the tinpot league this season.

Personally I would like to see Euan Henderson again, I think hes got something. Defo has pace and isnt shy of a pop. Time will tell if he gets the minutes on the park!

Tommy Brown

ICT have to beat Dundee tomorrow  to prove they deserve to be play offs anyway.

We are not St Liedown, but they capable of getting a result at Tyney and beating Ayr at home.

Dundee have Raith h and QotS A. Banana skins.

Dunfermline  have Arbroath h and Alloa A.

5 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'd been told by a friend that the coaches were often confused when they turned up on matchdays because they had done their work during the week. But on the morning of games the manager often gave the players completely different instuctions. It might help explain why we often witnessed the coaches staring at their paperwork/manuals in the early part of games, looking a bit clueless as to WTF was going on.

Madness.

I'll be watching tonight but have to ask... WTF are we on TV for?

It's a dead rubber while ICT and Dundee are playing an important match for both clubs!

Seems to be the same broadcaster mindset that says no matter who is playing we must show the OF away games. Complete bollox

1 minute ago, davieholt said:

It's a dead rubber while ICT and Dundee are playing an important match for both clubs!

Seems to be the same broadcaster mindset that says no matter who is playing we must show the OF away games. Complete bollox

Was arranged a few weeks ago. I think they were trying to catch the game where we won the league. Just think that, don't know for certain.

Tommy Brown
13 minutes ago, davieholt said:

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was arranged a few weeks ago. I think they were trying to catch the game where we won the league. Just think that, don't know for certain.

Pity they couldn't have changed it to Dundee v ICT, that could get tasty.

I would still have watched Hearts all the same.

sandylejambo
7 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

If this is true, we have to dump the manager, maybe his assistants are not as bad as we think and we could save cash by keeping them, but Neilson has to go if the players are setting tactics.

40 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Perhaps but I suspect the thinking was more like ... it's not a Premiership game. Should we lug the OB cameras and support team all the way to Inverness? Or do we cover the game which is next to Glasgow? Hmmm... tough one

3 minutes ago, davieholt said:

Perhaps but I suspect the thinking was more like ... it's not a Premiership game. Should we lug the OB cameras and support team all the way to Inverness? Or do we cover the game which is next to Glasgow? Hmmm... tough one

Fair point. You could well have something there. I definitely think the ICT game would hold a lot more interest for the neutral.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

So this is on telly?! Aw man. Need to get out of driving the kids to stuff duty! Didnt realise

Me neither, was planning on tonight to be the night when I see my late team, that is canned until wed or thur now. 

Pizza and a unexpected Hearts match on TV, midweek. 

Life is great. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Me neither, was planning on tonight to be the night when I see my late team, that is canned until wed or thur now. 

Pizza and a unexpected Hearts match on TV, midweek. 

Life is great. 

Hm, wee man's first night at scouts. Might be hard to swerve!!!

Soutter back, with a back four of him, Halkett, Logan and Smith

Haring in MF playing as he did v Alloa

makes a big difference IMO. 

same team v alloa and we get back to a winning habit.

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Draw him a map and tell him to find it himself. Bound to get some sort of merit badge for that. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Cruel world. 

If it's scouts, draw him a map and send him on his way, tell him it's a test, if he finds the scout den - he's in, if not he has to wait 3 months before trying again. 

Children are resourceful. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Draw him a map and tell him to find it himself. Bound to get some sort of merit badge for that. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Cruel world. 

If it's scouts, draw him a map and send him on his way, tell him it's a test, if he finds the scout den - he's in, if not he has to wait 3 months before trying again. 

😂😂😂

Malinga the Swinga

Look forward to convincing win. See only a couple of the haters in here so far, either predicting loss or else now claiming to be ITK over tactics meetings. The pish people make up just gets more ridiculous every week. 

Just in case anyone forgets, or claims not to know, the game away to Raith is also on TV. 

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Look forward to convincing win. See only a couple of the haters in here so far, either predicting loss or else now claiming to be ITK over tactics meetings. The pish people make up just gets more ridiculous every week. 

Just in case anyone forgets, or claims not to know, the game away to Raith is also on TV. 

Thanks for letting us know 👍

12 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Record it and go on full Likely Lads mode?

3fingersreid

Only nice thing I can say about greenock morton is it was an absolute joy to watch big Sandy make his Hearts debut there .

0-4 Boyce double , McAneef and Halkett🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

14 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

The Dribbling Simpleton Guide to Supporting Hearts: if we win it will be proof of Robbie’s superb leadership through troubled times and if we lose, it’s a meaningless end of season game and next season is our focus now. 

Finger on the button there.

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Record it and go on full Likely Lads mode?

Plot thickens!  Not currently got a telly what records!  Cruel life.

Imagine potentially missing Hearts v Morton on a Tuesday night, after we've already won the champ and are shite anyway.

But I'll still be gutted.  Football's weird!!

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Cruel world. 

Good shout.  Swiss army knife, map and a daft wee neckerchief he'll be fine.

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

This game on TV? 

:yas:

Comes on BBC Scotland HD at 19:00, and the game kicks off at 19:05. The home fixture at the w/e versus ICT will be available on Hearts TV and the final fixture versus Raith Rovers, in Kirkcaldy, on Friday 30/04/21 is also on BBC Scotland, 19:30 for 19:45 kick off.

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, davieholt said:

I could be way off the mark here but I suspect in our case there were still some fixtures available to BBC Scotland for the Championship and they then chose the games versus Morton, tonight, and Raith away on Friday 30/04/21 without at that stage knowing which game would be the one which marked the game which clinched the title.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Imagine potentially missing Hearts v Morton on a Tuesday night, after we've already won the champ and are shite anyway.

Looks like Noone can help. 😞

The Strange BrewPeter Noone - Herman's Hermits - The Strange Brew

😉 

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

iPlayer?  Usually gives the option to watch programme from the start.

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

🤣

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

iPlayer?  Usually gives the option to watch programme from the start.

Aha. Cracked it. Good man.

Not sure why I've made my viewing issues so public!!

No Idle Talk
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Is Mboyce fit?

Was there not murmurs of a knock?

Mboyce? Is that our new Cameroonian striker?

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It's alright, your amongst friends!

David Black
10 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

If any of this is true, then what it amounts to is that the fans, players, McCulloch. Forrest and Savage are all on a different wavelength to Neilson. If that's the case he cannot continue as his authority has been lost.

No Idle Talk

I hope to see the players play with a bit more freedom in these last three games and maybe we can see a few more goals, like we did last week. I fear that may not be the case tonight though. Although Morton aren't particularly good, they are a stuffy team who don't score much so their game plan is also to not give much away. I think we will win this one but I can see it being a fairly low scoring affair.

Ron Burgundy
16 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Turn your phone off though or you'll get notifications from mates or sites as Iplayer is usually a wee bit behind.

Fans questioning why this is on TV as it is meaningless, who typed that first?

Whoever it is has injected a poison into the minds of fans, if it wasn't on TV the same people would be moaning the BBC have it in for Hearts.

I am looking forward to watching the team i support play a GAME of football, hoping we show up and demolish Morton.

Copying what others say was never a big deal for me, i am an independent thinker.

Only Hearts

5 minutes ago, JDHMFC said:

Fans questioning why this is on TV as it is meaningless, who typed that first?

Whoever it is has injected a poison into the minds of fans, if it wasn't on TV the same people would be moaning the BBC have it in for Hearts.

I am looking forward to watching the team i support play a GAME of football, hoping we show up and demolish Morton.

Copying what others say was never a big deal for me, i am an independent thinker.

Only Hearts

Good for you bud. You sound like a cracking bloke. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Good for you bud. You sound like a cracking bloke. 

Not sure how to take that comment, we need to get stuck into supporting our football side.

I have never been a glory hunter, i love Hearts.

Cheers though for saying it mate.

Just now, JDHMFC said:

Not sure how to take that comment, we need to get stuck into supporting our football side.

I have never been a glory hunter, i love Hearts.

Cheers though for saying it mate.

You’re welcome. 

will-i-am-a-jambo
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Does your son have legs? Perhaps he could walk or cycle? Honestly parents taxi-ing their kids everywhere, no wonder the planet is a mess.

Robbo-Jambo
12 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Just shows how bad our manager is that there is a meeting right at the end of the season with 3 games to go to try and get formations and styles right to win games in this tinpot league. 

Neilson is so clueless and set in his ways its untrue. 😏 

5 hours ago, davieholt said:

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I could be way off the mark here but I suspect in our case there were still some fixtures available to BBC Scotland for the Championship and they then chose the games versus Morton, tonight, and Raith away on Friday 30/04/21 without at that stage knowing which game would be the one which marked the game which clinched the title.

BBC Scotland get 20 games, 2 home games per club.

We are the main draw and have been on the box once now for every team after the Morton and Raith games.  (I'm sure)

Not sure if the BBC were tying us into every team, or trying to align to a game when we won the league?

Edited by DETTY29