Alloa and Brechin

rory78

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They haven't earned a play off but have earned a direct place in the league. 

Hilarious. Launch them and their daft chairman to the doldrums. 

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Mikey1874

• Fozzyonthefence

• Rogue Daddy

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Brora statement.

Screenshot_20210420_145041_com.twitter.android.jpg.cf5aba6910b530e60decf74e899c06f0.jpg

Oh dear. I wonder if they will reconstruct the league to ensure a fair and balanced outcome.

Malinga the Swinga

Pretty sure we can expect Dickie Gordon and his sugar plum fairies on Sportsound to roundly condemn Brechin's attempts to save themselves. 

It's not the time for reconstruction, can't we just relegate them and get on with it, just accept it for sake of Scottish football, stop making Scottish football a laughing stock were just some of the comments from them. 

I await to hear comments from clubs such as Peterhead, Albion Rovers, Raith, Ross County and others all calling Brechin out for refusing 'to take their medicine'. 

They shouldn't even be given luxury of play off, just demote them and let them die. 

This angers me way more than European breakaway, cause its the ***** who voted to demote Partick, Stranraer and us. 

100% against any reconstruction this season

If we have it, let's start from end next season and we all know what we are playing for. 

11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Part of me kind of respects Brechin’s utter lack of shame in this move. 

:rofl:

Club motto "self interest, it's what we do". 

Brechin's place in League 2 is in their own hands through winning the play-off.

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Another pleasing result for Alloa, as Mulraney misses out on a £190k a year job.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56813643

It's unbelievable. When you read about the guy who was elected, it almost seems as if being crooked is a requirement to get the job. 

Shame for Mulraney. He loses his role on SPFL board as championship representative as well as Alloa are down. He might win 1st div rep election though as he seems to be like a nasty shit who just won't flush away. 

Rogue Daddy
37 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Brechin has spoken.   Its no fair!

Comedy gold! 🤣🤣🤣

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

You are correct if course. Brechin's fate will be decided, at worst, on the football pitch. A fate they denied Partick, Stranraer and us. 

Luckily, they are complete dog shit and will lose. 

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Well.... they have won 1 game this season! 

If EVER there was a team that deserved to go away and never be heard of again... it's them! They bring nothing (except guaranteed points to the rest of the 2nd Division) to the Scottish Football party!

Rogue Daddy
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Now why would Brechin expect the board to support the in arbitration....;🤔

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣...stop it! Oh ma sides! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:
Now why would Brechin expect the board to support the in arbitration....;🤔

So that the SPFL would fund Brechin's appeal, of course.

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

So that the SPFL would fund Brechin's appeal, of course.

Where to begin with this! I loved this line....

"They propose league recon with no relegation, expanding League 2 to 12 clubs"

🤣🤣🤣

...as someone above says, you've got to admire their 'lack of shame'. Carlsberg don't do brass necks....

12 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Comedy gold! 🤣🤣🤣

Somebody just tweeted - Brora have more points than Brechin - and Brora only played 3 games. 

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Footballfirst
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Somebody just tweeted - Brora have more points than Brechin - and Brora only played 3 games. 

So did the next 4 clubs in the HL, despite them playing either 2 or 3 games.

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

5 teams in the highland league have more points than brechin and some have only played 2 games not the 3 brora and another have

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

let it sink in 17 games played 5 points won

Footballfirst

I actually don't mind the extension of L2, as long as the trade off is an automatic 2 up 2 down, with the winners of the HL and LL promoted.

Edited by Footballfirst

Just now, Footballfirst said:

I actually don't mind the extension of L2, as long as the trade off is and automatic 2 up 2 down, with the winners of the HL and LL promoted.

Only problem with that is you would soon actually run out of Highland League clubs that actually want promoted to Div 2. Lower leagues have to be regionalism.

2 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Only problem with that is you would soon actually run out of Highland League clubs that actually want promoted to Div 2. Lower leagues have to be regionalism.

Oh I don’t know there are plenty Junior teams up here who would happily move into the Highland League. Highland League chairmen or most of them want to push further up the pyramid. Would take a good few years. At that point maybe a regionalised system might be needed

Niemi’s gloves
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Oh I don’t know there are plenty Junior teams up here who would happily move into the Highland League. Highland League chairmen or most of them want to push further up the pyramid. Would take a good few years. At that point maybe a regionalised system might be needed

I think the point is that there are perhaps dozens of teams (including many ex-west of Scotland juniors) who could reasonably aspire to be SPFL clubs whereas there are only a handful north of the Tay. Basically it’s a population thing.

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

In Aberdeenshire yes, but not so sure about the wider area, although I heard the arsehole from Dingwall is " backing" Invergordon to join the Highland League. Rothes average attendance 35, travelling to Annan on a Tuesday night. Can't see it working.

Unknown user
On 17/04/2021 at 20:28, Tazio said:

I posted this on another thread. Total shocker. It’s not just the lack of wins it’s the lack of draws as well 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Screenshot_20210420-160038.thumb.png.5e88fd4fdd939ee8efe08acd6e7ebb42.png

16 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

In Aberdeenshire yes, but not so sure about the wider area, although I heard the arsehole from Dingwall is " backing" Invergordon to join the Highland League. Rothes average attendance 35, travelling to Annan on a Tuesday night. Can't see it working.

Oh it undoubtably requires to have funding provided to it to allow teams to travel. Thats something that should be in place anyway considering the size of the leagues the SFA are happy with 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Ironically both Kelty and Brora have won far more games than Brechin even though they’ve player fewer games. Time to get rid of Brechin and the hedge.

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, dave1964 said:

Ironically both Kelty and Brora have won far more games than Brechin even though they’ve player fewer games. Time to get rid of Brechin and the hedge.

And the much loved phrase ‘reekin’ in Brechin’. 

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

And yet more laugh a minute stuff from Brechin

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

😳...PISSED MYSELF!

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

😳...PISSED MYSELF!

Reminds me of the incontinent snail - he pished his shell.

Yeah, I'm getting my coat

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Reminds me of the incontinent snail - he pished his shell.

Yeah, I'm getting my coat

:getout:

How it started
"Our preference from the outset remains the status quo of 12-10-10-10, but acknowledge that if the Premiership clubs favour a 14 club set-up in the top division, then we would agree to support a 14-10-10-10 proposal."
Brechin City 8 June 2020

How it ended
Brechin write to the SPFL board claiming it would be “fundamentally unfair” to hold play-offs between club 42 and winner of Highland and Lowland league play-off(based on games played by Brora and Kelty).They propose league recon with no relegation, expanding League 2 to 12 clubs
Brechin City 19 April 2021

Apologies for posting the quotes below however, given this stance from the SPFL and SFA on 'protecting the pyramid' and respecting 'meritocratic competition', surely these two bodies cannot fudge the play-offs for another year? Deny the very same teams the chance to gain promotion? Brechin City have the biggest brass neck in Scottish Football and as East Stirlingshire put it should just 'dry their eyes' and 'take their medicine'.

If the SPFL and SFA take this stance against the ESL, surely they MUST allow the 4 tier play off. To do otherwise would be hypocritical and they don't do hypocritical, do they?

The various leagues were called early last year, also at an arbitrary point in the season. Is Brechin's issue this year that the arbitrary point, in terms of calling the Lowland and Highland leagues, does not suit them? Why is it unfair this year and not last?

The sooner Scottish football is rid of clubs like Brechin the better. No shame, no self-awareness, nothing good about this club at all.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In relation to the proposed ESL, the SPFL and SFA had this to say...

...and SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster thinks the idea is a "clear and present danger to the sport we all love".

He added: "The SPFL stands alongside Uefa, the European leagues, the English Premier League and the overwhelming majority of the game's stakeholders in vehemently opposing the proposed ESL.

"These proposals, or any like them, would have an enormously damaging impact on the very fabric of our sport at all levels. It is no surprise they have been so swiftly and overwhelmingly condemned by fans the world over.

"We believe that any such 'competition' would dramatically undermine the global appeal of football and would be financially catastrophic for all but a very tiny minority.

"The proposals we have seen, assembled by a small, self-selected group of very wealthy clubs, appear to be a cynical and very worrying attempt to thwart the core principle of sporting merit which rightly underpins European football. They represent a clear and present danger to the sport we all love.

"Now, more than ever, given what we have all been through over the past year, governments, together with the game's governing bodies and leagues, need to work together to do what is right and protect the very essence of the game."

The Scottish FA echoed the sentiments of their SPFL counterparts, saying the proposals have "galvanised sport" against it.

A statement added: "The Scottish FA believes in the fundamental principles of the football pyramid and meritocratic competition. We are concerned by the impact this cynical attempt will have on the game domestically and internationally, for players and fans, for clubs and countries.

"We stand together with Uefa and with all who wish to uphold the values and very fabric of football."

Lone Striker

After taking our medicine last year, did anyone imagine just how  pleasurable it could be watching club 42's desperate attempts to  avoid taking theirs now ?     :gok:

Maybe writing Brechin's cringey "please please please throw us a lifebelt, Neil"  letter was what Ferguson meant by devoting his energies to helping his team avoid finishing last.    ☺️     

They had a stay of execution and did absolutely diddly squat with it. Tinpot outfit can get tae ****. Sorry, but their fan will just have to accept it.  

Footballfirst

The reality of all this is that if the playoff does go ahead then Brechin has the chance to save themselves by winning the tie.  It was an opportunity that was denied several teams last year.

Brechin will also have the advantage going into any playoff by being match fit and match sharp, with months of training and competitive games behind them.