• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Mikey1874

• Fozzyonthefence

• Rogue Daddy

Rogue Daddy
15 hours ago, Stanley_ said:

Bottom of league two shouldn't even get a chance at a playoff. They should automatically go down. Typical Scottish football to try to keep preventing the playoffs from taking place.

This☝️ 100%!

Rogue Daddy
14 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

We still don't have an answer to how the SPFL were able to scrap the League 2 play offs last year. 

...and where were the SFA last year when their clubs were denied said play-off? Not a word!

The SFA & SPFL are the same stinking, sleazy, corrupt organisation. One and the same. Don't know why they bother with different names nowadays.

Japan Jambo
17 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Where to begin with this! I loved this line....

"They propose league recon with no relegation, expanding League 2 to 12 clubs"

🤣🤣🤣

...as someone above says, you've got to admire their 'lack of shame'. Carlsberg don't do brass necks....

Brilliant, love it!!

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Brilliant, love it!!

👍 I'll say it again... this is comedy gold!

Japan Jambo
9 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The word "chutzpah" just got a new dictionary definition, courtesy of Brechin City. What a joke!

Yup, Karma is out of bed early this morning. I know I shouldn't but the feeling of schadenfreude is immense.

Brick Tamland
10 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Here’s what he had to say - oh the feckin irony!!!

465D05A5-5F86-4C46-A89E-ED261002D20E.jpeg

dumb GIF

He's reached new levels of arseholery with that statement

56 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

New one to say teams who can't play at all have an advantage. 

Robbie missed that excuse for Brora....

Their Angus neighbours look like being relegated too. Karma for the Forfar chairman who was a gobby pr**k milking his 5 minutes of fame last year

Fozzyonthefence

Astonishing hypocrisy from Ken Ferguson / Brechin - assuming I’m right in thinking they voted to demote us, Partick and Stranraer in exceptional circumstances last season?

21 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Astonishing hypocrisy from Ken Ferguson / Brechin - assuming I’m right in thinking they voted to demote us, Partick and Stranraer in exceptional circumstances last season?

Not only to demote us, but also saved themselves 🤬🤬

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, jdl2002 said:

Not only to demote us, but also saved themselves 🤬🤬

I was pretty sure they were one of the wanks.   And now they think reconstruction would be the only fair thing - but didn’t they vote against reconstruction which would have saved the 3 clubs from being unfairly demoted?  Or was it never clarified how League 2 voted on reconstruction, except not many for it?

Brechin reckon promotion/demotion should be scrapped cos the teams coming up haven't really earnt it?!?!

Shit, hope Hamilton don't jump aboard. We could be in trouble!!!!

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Brechin reckon promotion/demotion should be scrapped cos the teams coming up haven't really earnt it?!?!

Even if it is Brora in the play off

Brora Rangers
P 3 W3 D0 L0 F20 A 1 9ts

Brechin City
P18 W1 D3 L14 F10 A41 6Pts

Maybe Brechin haven't really earned it? 😂

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

kelty have played 13 games winning 12 of them

Survival or oblivion.

Brechin City know that if they do not survive as a club in League 2 then they will disappear.  What they appear to ignore is that their destiny is in their own hands,  Win the play-off.

Footballfirst

The Brechin letter from the currant bun.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6999996/spfl-legal-pyramid-play-offs-highland-lowland-league/

"The most pressing complaint is not one of laws or legitimacy, it is about a level playing field for both sides in any play-off, we strongly believe that any Relegation playoff games this season will be fundamentally unfair on Club 42.

"Club 42 will have been affected by injuries, suspensions, lack of recovery time and fatigue – these are part-time players, and most of these part-time players have full-time jobs which requires enormous amounts of travel to fulfil their footballing and work responsibilities.

"That club will have played 13 league games in a period of 59 days, many of the games having been concentrated into periods of three or four games in seven days.

"The winners of the Highland versus Lowland League playoff will have played two games in the same period and will not be affected to nearly the same extent by any of these issues (injuries, suspensions, lack of recovery time or fatigue).

"We believe that league reconstruction is the fairest outcome for Club 42, the Lowland League and Highland League and it is true that we proposed to the SPFL board and our member clubs that as an alternative to a relegation play-off both Kelty Hearts and Brora Rangers be invited to join an expanded SPFL League 2 from next season, so they are not unfairly punished by our position on the legitimacy of the play-offs this season.

"In summary we believe in the play-offs, we believe that any team that plays a full league season and finished bottom of the pyramid should play off against the winner of the Highland or Lowland league team who has also played a full league season under similar conditions. Season 2020/21 is not that season."

Edited by Footballfirst

I genuinely cannot belive the cheek of that statement, in particular the below part. Last season it was alright to demote clubs without a full season being played, but this season its not??? 

In summary we believe in the play-offs, we believe that any team that plays a full league season and finished bottom of the pyramid should play off against the winner of the Highland or Lowland league team who has also played a full league season under similar conditions. Season 2020/21 is not that season."

24 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6999996/spfl-legal-pyramid-play-offs-highland-lowland-league/

"The most pressing complaint is not one of laws or legitimacy, it is about a level playing field for both sides in any play-off, we strongly believe that any Relegation playoff games this season will be fundamentally unfair on Club 42.

"Club 42 will have been affected by injuries, suspensions, lack of recovery time and fatigue – these are part-time players, and most of these part-time players have full-time jobs which requires enormous amounts of travel to fulfil their footballing and work responsibilities.

"That club will have played 13 league games in a period of 59 days, many of the games having been concentrated into periods of three or four games in seven days.

"The winners of the Highland versus Lowland League playoff will have played two games in the same period and will not be affected to nearly the same extent by any of these issues (injuries, suspensions, lack of recovery time or fatigue).

"We believe that league reconstruction is the fairest outcome for Club 42, the Lowland League and Highland League and it is true that we proposed to the SPFL board and our member clubs that as an alternative to a relegation play-off both Kelty Hearts and Brora Rangers be invited to join an expanded SPFL League 2 from next season, so they are not unfairly punished by our position on the legitimacy of the play-offs this season.

"In summary we believe in the play-offs, we believe that any team that plays a full league season and finished bottom of the pyramid should play off against the winner of the Highland or Lowland league team who has also played a full league season under similar conditions. Season 2020/21 is not that season."

Thanks for posting the actual text. I posted the link early doors this morning. Unbelievable nonsense from Brechin:-

16 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Brechin Greetin' ....

Here's Brechin's pre-match club statement clarifying their logic. This is top class whining turned up to volume #11 posing as a fair-minded analysis of the scenario:-

https://brechincity.com/bcfc/p/n/2425

38 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Survival or oblivion.

Brechin City know that if they do not survive as a club in League 2 then they will disappear.  What they appear to ignore is that their destiny is in their own hands,  Win the play-off.

Precisely!!!

32 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

**** off 😒

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Yet last year it was fine. Disgusting

As the dates for the play off haven't yet been set maybe give Brechin a week off before the match. That should answer their problems with the fixture congestion that they themselves voted for 😋

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

I think the SPFL will compromise.

No play off but no reconstruction. 

Haha would not surprise me then Ken Ferguson will remarkably rejoin the board the week after

Rogue Daddy
18 minutes ago, sadj said:

Haha would not surprise me then Ken Ferguson will remarkably rejoin the board the week after

As stated a few posts above, they should be relegated directly out of the league and 2nd bottom should be in the play offs. 

47 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think the SPFL will compromise.

No play off but no reconstruction. 

Not much of a compromise for kelty 

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

I genuinely cannot belive the cheek of that statement, in particular the below part. Last season it was alright to demote clubs without a full season being played, but this season its not??? 

In summary we believe in the play-offs, we believe that any team that plays a full league season and finished bottom of the pyramid should play off against the winner of the Highland or Lowland league team who has also played a full league season under similar conditions. Season 2020/21 is not that season."

Some brass neck on them - so they think you need to play a full season to justify a relegation / promotion playoff but 75% of the season is fine to vote a team down a league without even giving them the chance of a play off or the chance to play their way out of it?  Where’s the logic in that?

GMEdinburgh

Plus Brechin want into the Lowland League as opposed to the Highland League despite the rules having the River Tay as a cut off point, watch another rule being broken when they get relegated. Hopefully the Lowland League tell them to eff off and to take their medicine. Disgusting club with no morals. 

Footballfirst

Kelty's boss, Barry Ferguson has his say in today's Record.

From the disgraceful carve up of the European Super League cartel to the farce developing on our own doorstep where there’s another attempt to shut down a pyramid system going on under our own noses. It’s the same s*** just a different toilet.

Yes, I realise Kelty Hearts and Brora Rangers are not exactly keeping Real Madrid and Manchester United off the front pages but the principle of fairness which has united football fans all over Europe is at stake right here in our own backyard.

Tomorrow afternoon my Kelty side is supposed to be up in Brora for the first leg of a promotion play-off to the SPFL. As I write this it’s just gone 2pm on Thursday afternoon. And no one has been able to tell me if the game is going ahead or not.

It’s an astonishing state of affairs and as much as I was furious to begin with, now I’m left with a sense of deep sadness in the pit of my stomach. I’ve honestly never felt so completely disillusioned by the game that I’ve been in love with all this time.

Our wee club is paying out more than two grand a week on Covid testing but no one has the decency to let us know if we’d be as well tearing it up and sticking it down a drain because, deep down, the authorities have no intention of letting either of us get up into the professional leagues.

Because if that really is the case then Scottish football ought to be every bit ashamed of itself as the rogues in charge of the likes of Liverpool, Juventus and Barcelona who tried to pull the same stunt on every club across the continent.

So as sad as I’m feeling about our own situation right now, I’ve taken heart from the way the football community has united over the last week or so in the face of and outrageous attempt to take it all away from us. Yes, there is a lot of rivalry between clubs but this was football itself which was coming under attack and the game responded to the threat by pulling together in a time of need.

Nookie Bear
17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

From the disgraceful carve up of the European Super League cartel to the farce developing on our own doorstep where there’s another attempt to shut down a pyramid system going on under our own noses. It’s the same s*** just a different toilet.

Yes, I realise Kelty Hearts and Brora Rangers are not exactly keeping Real Madrid and Manchester United off the front pages but the principle of fairness which has united football fans all over Europe is at stake right here in our own backyard.

Tomorrow afternoon my Kelty side is supposed to be up in Brora for the first leg of a promotion play-off to the SPFL. As I write this it’s just gone 2pm on Thursday afternoon. And no one has been able to tell me if the game is going ahead or not.

It’s an astonishing state of affairs and as much as I was furious to begin with, now I’m left with a sense of deep sadness in the pit of my stomach. I’ve honestly never felt so completely disillusioned by the game that I’ve been in love with all this time.

Our wee club is paying out more than two grand a week on Covid testing but no one has the decency to let us know if we’d be as well tearing it up and sticking it down a drain because, deep down, the authorities have no intention of letting either of us get up into the professional leagues.

Because if that really is the case then Scottish football ought to be every bit ashamed of itself as the rogues in charge of the likes of Liverpool, Juventus and Barcelona who tried to pull the same stunt on every club across the continent.

So as sad as I’m feeling about our own situation right now, I’ve taken heart from the way the football community has united over the last week or so in the face of and outrageous attempt to take it all away from us. Yes, there is a lot of rivalry between clubs but this was football itself which was coming under attack and the game responded to the threat by pulling together in a time of need.

An absolute damning indictment of the leadership that exists in Scottish Football.

Barry Ferguson is quite a large figure in the Scottish game so hopefully he can be heard by those who matter - unlikely the likes of Doncaster will listen though.

On 17/04/2021 at 14:17, kingantti1874 said:

because they were handed 500k

These clubs got more cash from handouts than they ever make in a normal season. 

How can they release a statement on the unfairness of the European super league and contemplate shafting Brora and Kelly? 

Doncaster is poison. 

Fozzyonthefence

Who is deciding whether there is a non league / League 2 play off?  And if they don’t have that surely the other play offs can’t go ahead either?   But how can that happen without all the clubs having a vote on it?

Absolute disgrace and a shambles again.

Doncaster out. 

David Black

If proof was ever needed the outcome of this could prove just how corrupt the SPL/SFA/Doncaster really are. I say this quite seriously, surely they could not be SO stupid again.

Just as an aside ... Brechin is NOT a city, it is a town. They are totally deluded. They might as well re-brand themselves as 'Real Brechin'. Maybe they'd then get an invite to join the European Super League. 🤭

Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Just as an aside ... Brechin is NOT a city, it is a town. They are totally deluded. They might as well re-brand themselves as 'Real Brechin'. Maybe they'd then get an invite to join the European Super League. 🤭

A lovely hedge round the side of the pitch, whats with the chairmen of wee/tinpot clubs, not

quite tuned in with real life.

Niemi’s gloves
3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

In fairness, there is, or used to be, a belief that having a cathedral makes a town a city, and Brechin does have one, albeit it is effectively just a parish church these days. This is one up from Elgin where the cathedral was burnt down in 1390, only partly repaired and then left to crumble after the Scottish Reformation in the mid-16th century. But the football team still calls itself Elgin City. 

3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

A lovely hedge round the side of the pitch, whats with the chairmen of wee/tinpot clubs, not

quite tuned in with real life.

There's no answer to that, but they seem to endlessly get places on the SPFL/SFA boards and get to make decisions favouring their own parochial interests.

Basically they are no more than kowtowing 'yes men'.

Edited by Wee Mikey

3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

As Niemi's gloves says it is because Brechin has a cathedral 

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

As Niemi's gloves says it is because Brechin has a cathedral 

the one thing i have had a look at i'm sure the catherdral being a city thing ended in the 19th century, yet brechin city wqas founded in 1906 (20th century). or in other words they were cheating even back then when they were founded

Lone Striker
6 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I've always considered Barry Ferguson to be a daftie and as thick as 2 short ones - but that's a brilliant summation he's  done there.    He's absolutely right about the SPFL/SFA being run by incompetents with ulterior motives, just like the ESL club owners.    Pretty strong stuff from a former Scotland captain.     

GMEdinburgh
6 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Who is deciding whether there is a non league / League 2 play off?  And if they don’t have that surely the other play offs can’t go ahead either?   But how can that happen without all the clubs having a vote on it?

Absolute disgrace and a shambles again.

Doncaster out. 

Apparantly it's an SFA run competition as the SPFL have no authority over the Highland and Lowland League, the play offs never happened last year as the SPFL never put forward Club 42 which of course was Brechin. Not only did the SPFL go against what the Pyramid system was set up for and specific rules put in place it was also accepted by the SFA, I think Kelty and Brora were seeking legal advice last year but back down possibly after the outcome of our case become apparent. This situation is just another embarrassing episode in Scottish Football where the hierarchy appear to be getting away with changing the goalposts to suit themselves. Was it a coincidence that the Brechin chairman resigned recently, do you think no discussions or conversation haven't taken place to work out a way to shaft Boro or Kelty yet again.

No wonder Barry appears delusional with Scottish football and I'm not suprised and fully agree with what has been written as he's not the only person sick to back teeth of what has went on last year and appears to be continuing through the play off saga.  Unfortunately this will make no difference to the SPFL what is written as it basically doesn't suit their agenda. 

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

I've always considered Barry Ferguson to be a daftie and as thick as 2 short ones - but that's a brilliant summation he's  done there.    He's absolutely right about the SPFL/SFA being run by incompetents with ulterior motives, just like the ESL club owners.    Pretty strong stuff from a former Scotland captain.     

Wonder if anyone will pick up the ball and run with it....

2 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

He is 100% right but the there is no chance of Scottish clubs or fans pulling together to call out the SPFL/SFA. Too many vested interests. Even Rangers have backed off from SPFL/SFA criticism now that they are doing well.

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Is there any word if Kelty are playing Brora tomorrow?

I was just Googling it there and can’t find anything from either club so presumably it’s not going ahead.  They were hoping to find out by the end of the week so maybe they’ll get told 5 minutes before kick off.  It’s not like they’ve got a 200 mile trip to arrange or anything.  Our footballing authorities appear determined to reach new depths of incompetence.