Robbie’s latest statement

Thomaso

Pasquale for King

Unless he’s saying goodbye I’m not that interested in what Levein style garbage ha regurgitated this week. 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Greedy Jambo

• GinRummy

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Aye nothing to do with his tactics 

or Halliday being the worst midfielder I have seen 

Harsh on Halliday, we've had plenty worse. I'll maintain that Halliday gets a hard time on here as he's openly a Rangers fan. He certainly isn't going to wow you off your seat with tricks or flicks but he does a lot of the dirty work.

If we had played fantastic football all season then lost to Brora and QOTS then that's all well and good.

We have been pants all season you eejit

The Apprentice

“You want a good performance, you want to enjoy it and entertain, but we also want to win. It's about doing both. We've done that regularly this season and we need to continue that.”

Really worrying if he things we’ve been regularly entertaining this season!

1 minute ago, The Apprentice said:

“You want a good performance, you want to enjoy it and entertain, but we also want to win. It's about doing both. We've done that regularly this season and we need to continue that.”

See to be honest, apart from maybe the first Dundee game and Raith away I can't remember many of the games due to the dull, turgid football we have been subjected to. 

The Shed Floodlight
2 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

We have been bad for near on 5 seasons due to him and Levein,  time for him and Budge to go

Psychedelicropcircle

Least it’s moving in the right direction it was only a blip a few days ago !

Jeffros Furios
32 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

He really doesn’t get it does he 

I think he does , once he leaves his future employers will be a struggling premiership team soon to be followed by seasons in the lower leagues.  Being at Hearts is as good as it gets and he'll only leave when punted .

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Jeffros Furios said:

I think he does , once he leaves his future employers will be a struggling premiership team soon to be followed by seasons in the lower leagues.  Being at Hearts is as good as it gets and he'll only leave when punted .

Correct. No half decent club would bother. Budge will probably extend his contract.

1 hour ago, gedster said:

If he stops that sort of utter bullshit he wouldn't get as much of a hard time. However, what with him being a smart arse, he probably thinks most of us will come round to swallowing his crap sometime soon.

Smart arse? Robbie needs to realise when you’re not smart you’re just an arse!

Guest ToqueJambo

Do people really think managers make statements 🤣 They answer questions and generally try to be positive. What do folk expect from Neilson? He isn't a Neil Lennon type who's going to rip into his players in public. He's also not someone who goes into great detail about systems and footballing vision. And he's not a wind-up merchant who'll try to get a laugh. He knows fill well the media will take anything remotely controversial he says and turn it into a headline so for me he doesn't really give them anything. Quite similar to Gerrard in that respect and the way he'll rarely have a go at his own players in public.

Greedy Jambo
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Do people really think managers make statements 🤣 They answer questions and generally try to be positive. What do folk expect from Neilson? He isn't a Neil Lennon type who's going to rip into his players in public. He's also not someone who goes into great detail about systems and footballing vision. And he's not a wind-up merchant who'll try to get a laugh. He knows fill well the media will take anything remotely controversial he says and turn it into a headline so for me he doesn't really give them anything. Quite similar to Gerrard in that respect and the way he'll rarely have a go at his own players in public.

What actually is he then? In your opinion? 

I can only come up with dull and useless. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Witch hunt??? A witch hunt is when someone is hunted and punished when they are totally innocent - does that description suit the situation with Neilson?

The official Robbie Neilson Out thread was posted on November 20th after we'd played 6 and won 5, including beating Hibs on the cup. We were top of the table and looking forward to a cup final. Of course there's a witch-hunt. The last two results (I'm not one of the poor "performances" while winning = get the sack crowd) raise questions but there is very obviously a section of the support that will never accept Neilson.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

gerard 100% would if they drew with Arbroath and lost to Brora rangers and queen of the south inside a week .

Also I don’t think Neilson is able to go into the detail

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The official Robbie Neilson Out thread was posted on November 20th after we'd played 6 and won 5, including beating Hibs on the cup. We were top of the table and looking forward to a cup final. Of course there's a witch-hunt. The last two results (I'm not one of the poor "performances" while winning = get the sack crowd) raise questions but there is very obviously a section of the support that will never accept Neilson.

Alternatively you could say that they were right but given that you’re only here to promote Budge’s excellence, you won’t admit to that.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

What actually is he then? In your opinion? 

I can only come up with dull and useless. 

Thought I'd explained it with "He doesn't really give them anything"? If you think that's how he is behind the scenes that's up to you. He'll be well aware we've been making heavy weather of winning this league since February.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Alternatively you could say that they were right but given that you’re only here to promote Budge’s excellence, you won’t admit to that.

**** off

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

gerard 100% would if they drew with Arbroath and lost to Brora rangers and queen of the south inside a week .

Did he after they lost to St Mirren? I don't know or care. He seems to not want the limelight same as Neilson. Press duties seem a real chore for both of them.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Snoreson spends the whole time pretending he wants to play a style other than the style he actually plays, which sums up the joke that he is 

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Thought I'd explained it with "He doesn't really give them anything"? If you think that's how he is behind the scenes that's up to you. He'll be well aware we've been making heavy weather of winning this league since February.

I'm not sure he is well aware of it. He talks about the worst result in the clubs history like it was just a bad day at the office. 

Had enough for this season.  Football is eye bleeding to watch. Hopefully next season  we will have a new manager and a team to get behind at Tynecastle.

kingantti1874

Did he after they lost to St Mirren? I don't know or care. He seems to not want the limelight same as Neilson. Press duties seem a real chore for both of them.

I don’t think anyone would be calling Robbie out if it was 1 game. This season has been a total embarrassment 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

I'm not sure he is well aware of it. He talks about the worst result in the clubs history like it was just a bad day at the office. 

As I say if you want to believe that's what he thinks that's up to you. uPersonally I don't think someone who's spent as long at Hearts as him would think that. Generally managers don't act or react like fans no matter how much you might want them to. They move their focus to the next game straight away.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t think anyone would be calling Robbie out if it was 1 game. This season has been a total embarrassment 

Not for me. Sept to feb were enjoyable. Feb was a slog. March was horrendous. Onwards and upwards, whoever's in charge. Neilson can turn thing around. If not, he'll be in trouble. Most Hearts surely fans want him to do that? Some genuinely don't it seems so he will leave to be replaced by someone else they'll jump on after the first few bad results. Shades of wanting us to lose a derby when Levein was in charge. Can't relate.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Greedy Jambo

As I say if you want to believe that's what he thinks that's up to you. uPersonally I don't think someone who's spent as long at Hearts as him would think that. Generally managers don't act or react like fans no matter how much you might want them to. They move their focus to the next game straight away.

We all seen what happened when he moved his focus to the next game. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We all seen what happened when he moved his focus to the next game. 

We haven't played the next game.

2 hours ago, jambo3tevie said:

Just leave already ffs, once you have lost the support of the fans there is no way back.

Exactly, it doesn’t matter what we do between now & end of season. Their is no way back and time to move on, surely he knows that. We just cannot afford to give him the budget to sign next seasons players then 6 months in decide it’s not working. Fresh start better for all concerned. 

Greedy Jambo

We haven't played the next game.

The worst result in our history was against Brora, we lost our next game to QOF. 

PHM you are. 

Jeffros Furios
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not for me. Sept to feb were enjoyable. Feb was a slog. March was horrendous. Onwards and upwards, whoever's in charge.

Sept to Feb were enjoyable ? Feck me you have no standards .

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

The worst result in our history was against Brora, we lost our next game to QOF. 

PHM you are. 

I assumed you meant the next game after this "statement" we're discussing where he references the last two games.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Sept to Feb were enjoyable ? Feck me you have no standards .

Scoring loads of goals, paying back loads of teams, beating Hibs (can see why you "forget" that one) and playing in a cup final that was probably the most entertaining game of football in Scotland this season. Yes, I enjoyed it thanks.

Greedy Jambo

I assumed you meant the next game after this "statement" we're discussing where he references the last two games.

There's a lot of assuming going on to be fair, like he'll turn it around next season. 

I don't recommend it. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

There's a lot of assuming going on to be fair, like he'll turn it around next season. 

I don't recommend it. 

Hopefully he will! That's kind of how football works.

2 hours ago, HMFSee said:

As much as I want a change of manager I dont see the point in brutally picking apart everything he says. It's not up to him to sack himself. It's up to him to shoulder the responsibility and attempt to fix it and that is what he is conveying, quite rightly. Nothing wrong with what he said there imo for a man in his position. 

He should have been shown the door after our cup exit to Brora, not to mention our other cup exit to Alloa. Then another insipid performance which sees us beaten again at home to a team that have not beaten us in years.  For his own reputation he should be considering walking cause I can’t see any way he gets the fans back on side. 

I don’t blame him for trying to save his job but he’s a busted flush. No Hearts boss ever wins the fans back after the worst result in our history. 

Hopefully he will! That's kind of how football works.

It’s just not in his coaching manual to play attacking football. He only went for it against Celtic the second half because we were down & out. A second half which shows what the players are capable of with the right coaching. Apart from that half and Dundee first game we’ve been boring and struggled against teams in the worst championship in years

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

It’s just not in his coaching manual to play attacking football. He only went for it against Celtic the second half because we were down & out. A second half which shows what the players are capable of with the right coaching. Apart from that half and Dundee first game we’ve been boring and struggled against teams in the worst championship in years

I think he wants to attack. He's just not doing a good job of it right now.

So the good news is that it is just a two game losing blip and soon we will be back to our turgid best,  grinding out draws against mediocre opposition.

A_A wehatethehibs

Desperate. Knows he’s in very deep water. Treading water for now but he is a long way from shore. 

18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Exactly. It’s time to settle down and give the team and management a bit of slack. Constant negativity won’t help and even if Robbie is on the way out, no change of manager can change the team enough to make a difference in five games. We have a crap defence and that affects everybody’s game. Win tomorrow and the two remaining chasers can’t afford to drop another game. We’ll be fine but it’s taking too long and that’s what worries us all.

Niemi’s gloves
9 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

What is your evidence for this being “the worst championship in years”?

siegementality

I am bored of Neilson. I am bored of his negative tactics, his signing of crap players, his eye bleeding ‘playing style’ and the insistent drivel he speaks. Can he not just do us all a favour and GTF.