Robbie’s latest statement

Thomaso

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, siegementality said:

I am bored of Neilson. I am bored of his negative tactics, his signing of crap players, his eye bleeding ‘playing style’ and the insistent drivel he speaks. Can he not just do us all a favour and GTF.

You just described Derek Mcinnes. Be careful what you wish for because on another thread McInness could be a front runner to replace Neilson apparently.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Greedy Jambo

• GinRummy

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Class of 75 said:

Hopefully living on borrowed time. Absolute clown. 

Exactly.

Neilson should go and take his face for a shite.

17 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

What is your evidence for this being “the worst championship in years”?

My eyes. 

Class of 75
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Exactly.

Neilson should go and take his face for a shite.

Agree, well put 

Just now, Niemi’s gloves said:

So no evidence then

Sorry should have said in my opinion . That better?

So do you think this is a hard league for a team dropping out of the premier league to go right back up? 

2 hours ago, Whatever said:

What pish.

He’s been miles better than Irving, for a start. And Haring. And Mceneff (although he’s been played out of position).

Calm down.

Niemi’s gloves
8 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

So do you think this is a hard league for a team dropping out of the premier league to go right back up? 

Not sure what your point is. We look like going straight back up (hopefully) as Ross County did two years ago, but others have failed to do recently. I don’t think that this says anything about the quality of the championship this year compared to other years. 

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

Doctor FinnBarr
30 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

This is a league that any consistent team could win. Had we been firing on all cylinders  we'd have been done and dusted by now.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

The official Robbie Neilson Out thread was posted on November 20th after we'd played 6 and won 5, including beating Hibs on the cup. We were top of the table and looking forward to a cup final. Of course there's a witch-hunt. The last two results (I'm not one of the poor "performances" while winning = get the sack crowd) raise questions but there is very obviously a section of the support that will never accept Neilson.

And another small section on here who have happy clapped their way through the shambles of the Cathro, Levein and now Neilson era’s!

39 minutes ago, HMFSee said:

Really what? 

You have to ask? Really??

Still giving us his "two games" spiel. 

Well hopefully the club do read what's posted here & understand this - we're not falling for it. 

Regime change required & well overdue. 

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Do people really think managers make statements 🤣 They answer questions and generally try to be positive. What do folk expect from Neilson? He isn't a Neil Lennon type who's going to rip into his players in public. He's also not someone who goes into great detail about systems and footballing vision. And he's not a wind-up merchant who'll try to get a laugh. He knows fill well the media will take anything remotely controversial he says and turn it into a headline so for me he doesn't really give them anything. Quite similar to Gerrard in that respect and the way he'll rarely have a go at his own players in public.

Why not - he's blamed the weather & pitches - in the middle of a Scottish winter.

If the players are to blame, then say so : he's already said there will be changes anyway. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And another small section on here who have happy clapped their way through the shambles of the Cathro, Levein and now Neilson era’s!

I do lean towards supporting managers longer than some, until I can't anymore. There is zero evidence chopping and changing manager after a couple of bad months helps things for a club our size. It can also lead to terminal decline like it did when Hibs changed manager every year. They eventually stuck with Stubbs and got some reward then stuck with Lennon despite not doing a tremendous job in their promotion season. Rangers did the same with Gerrard and gave him time. 

Appointing a manager will always be a lottery for us. Tommy McLean is a great example. He was the rising managerial star in Scotland when he came to us.

Derek McInnes could be good or he could have lost his mojo like Levein did

Alex Neil could be genuinely good or he could do be another Owen Coyle or Mark McGhee

Stephen Robinson could be good or another Tommy McLean

Steven Naismith could be the next Doddie or the next Ian Cathro 

An exciting foreign appointment could be Sergio or Stendel

Neilson has at least done the job in two out of 4 of the tournaments we've payed in this season. Beating Hibs in the semi and winning the league was all everyone was thinking about and cared about back in October. We've been shite recently but not for this whole season so he could turn things around. I'd keep him unless Robbo fancies a turn next season. I do think Robbie will find it hard to come back from Brora though.

Greedy Jambo
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I do lean towards supporting managers longer than some, until I can't anymore. There is zero evidence chopping and changing manager after a couple of bad months helps things for a club our size. It can also lead to terminal decline like it did when Hibs changed manager every year. They eventually stuck with Stubbs and got some reward then stuck with Lennon despite not doing a tremendous job in their promotion season. Rangers did the same with Gerrard and gave him time. 

Appointing a manager will always be a lottery for us. Tommy McLean is a great example. He was the rising managerial star in Scotland when he came to us.

Derek McInnes could be good or he could have lost his mojo like Levein did

Alex Neil could be genuinely good or he could do be another Owen Coyle or Mark McGhee

Stephen Robinson could be good or another Tommy McLean

Steven Naismith could be the next Doddie or the next Ian Cathro 

An exciting foreign appointment could be Sergio or Stendel

Neilson has at least done the job in two out of 4 of the tournaments we've payed in this season. Beating Hibs in the semi and winning the league was all everyone was thinking about and cared about back in October. We've been shite recently but not for this whole season so he could turn things around. I'd keep him unless Robbo fancies a turn next season. I do think Robbie will find it hard to come back from Brora though.

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Bizarre to back managers for more than half a season? Fairy nuff.

I'm sorry, but you backed Levein for 6 years, so your opinion doesn't count. 

Do people really think managers make statements 🤣 They answer questions and generally try to be positive. What do folk expect from Neilson? He isn't a Neil Lennon type who's going to rip into his players in public. He's also not someone who goes into great detail about systems and footballing vision. And he's not a wind-up merchant who'll try to get a laugh. He knows fill well the media will take anything remotely controversial he says and turn it into a headline so for me he doesn't really give them anything. Quite similar to Gerrard in that respect and the way he'll rarely have a go at his own players in public.

He’s “not going to rip into his players in public”?

Did he not blame the Brora result on the players who were part of the “relegation” (his words) last season?That was calling out in public half the team that played that night!

2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

BOOM!

The official Robbie Neilson Out thread was posted on November 20th after we'd played 6 and won 5, including beating Hibs on the cup. We were top of the table and looking forward to a cup final. Of course there's a witch-hunt. The last two results (I'm not one of the poor "performances" while winning = get the sack crowd) raise questions but there is very obviously a section of the support that will never accept Neilson.

TJ - you're totally missing the point. It's not that the thread was started so early (in your eyes) , it's that is has proved to be bang on the money.  But I see you're in the "two games" camp so you'll never accept the situation anyway.  You also delude yourself by inferring it's all about the "Robbie oot" brigade when it clearly no longer is limited to the original antis. There are numerous people on the "stop giving page" who are continuing to pledge but want change. The increase in support for change is driven by Neilson's football - not a witch hunt. 

For the record - I was indifferent  about him coming back but not now - and not because of "two games". 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

He’s “not going to rip into his players in public”?

Did he not blame the Brora result on the players who were part of the “relegation” (his words) last season?That was calling out in public half the team that played that night!

I've no doubt Neilson would have loved to have been able to do a bigger squad turnover last summer and get rid of more players who got us demoted. But you know, pandemic, slashed budgets, no fans, championship starting in October.... I've no doubt he'll do it this summer though.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Thanks for following my career. I didn't want Levein in the manager job but backed him as long as I could. he got some leeway from me for all the injuries, the start to 18/19, the cup final and derby improvements, his heart attack, and the fact he's one of my all time footballing heroes. Hope that's OK?

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

TJ - you're totally missing the point. It's not that the thread was started so early (in your eyes) , it's that is has proved to be bang on the money.  But I see you're in the "two games" camp so you'll never accept the situation anyway.  You also delude yourself by inferring it's all about the "Robbie oot" brigade when it clearly no longer is limited to the original antis. There are numerous people on the "stop giving page" who are continuing to pledge but want change. The increase in support for change is driven by Neilson's football - not a witch hunt. 

For the record - I was indifferent  about him coming back but not now - and not because of "two games". 

In a stopped clock kind of a way, yes. Were the plane hirers and Robbie outers bang on the money last time when we were never out of the top 3? No. They were utterly and completely wrong as the following 3.5 years proved.

I've said this a few times. This was an absolute banana skin of a season all things considered. I don't know many managers could have come in and get to know the club, with the morale level it was, and not be able to do the full squad rebuild we needed, and start the league the way we did with that Dundee result and the first few weeks, including the Hibs game. 

Neilson earned his money in those first couple of months for me as it was critical we got off to good start against Dundee. EVERYONE in Scottish football wanted us to fail and we absolutely silenced them all with that one game. The Hibs game was icing on the cake. Great stuff and that's why Im backing him as of now to turn things around.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Thanks for following my career. I didn't want Levein in the manager job but backed him as long as I could. he got some leeway from me for all the injuries, the start to 18/19, the cup final and derby improvements, his heart attack, and the fact he's one of my all time footballing heroes. Hope that's OK?

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

maxresdefault (1).jpg

It's not backtracking when you repeat what you believed at the time. I wanted Dougie Freedman or Robbo.

I still want Robbo. Basically, Robbo could be 90 in a home and I'd answer "Robbo" when asked who our new manager should be if he hasn't had another chance by then.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

In a stopped clock kind of a way, yes. Were the plane hirers and Robbie outers bang on the money last time when we were never out of the top 3? No. They were utterly and completely wrong as the following 3.5 years proved.

Absolutely not in a stopped clock kind of way.

It's not a case of making a prediction and after 1,2 or 3 seasons it EVENTUALLY comes to pass.

Not only has the league been at times dire & embarrassing, there's those "two games" that you only want to refer to. 

I thought the plane gang were wrong back then. 

The following 3.5 years are down to AB & her board, not the fans. 

Not for me. Sept to feb were enjoyable. Feb was a slog. March was horrendous. Onwards and upwards, whoever's in charge. Neilson can turn thing around. If not, he'll be in trouble. Most Hearts surely fans want him to do that? Some genuinely don't it seems so he will leave to be replaced by someone else they'll jump on after the first few bad results. Shades of wanting us to lose a derby when Levein was in charge. Can't relate.

Your at it.....February....a dire 1-0 at Ayr from a dodgy penalty.....then 3 dreadful draws. Over the season we have had 4 or 5 good performances but defeats to Dunfermline, Dundee,Raith Rovers, Alloa, and QoS. 

Not to mention the most embarrassing result in the clubs history (maybe Scottish football history) against Brora.

Neilson deserves nothing more ....he's lying about style he wants to play...

Negative possession football is dull as fxck.

Neilson must go.....

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Absolutely not in a stopped clock kind of way.

It's not a case of making a prediction and after 1,2 or 3 seasons it EVENTUALLY comes to pass.

Not only has the league been at times dire & embarrassing, there's those "two games" that you only want to refer to. 

I thought the plane gang were wrong back then. 

The following 3.5 years are down to AB & her board, not the fans. 

As I say, Neilson earned his money with the start to this season in my opinion. Another manager might not have been able to get off to the flyer we did in the very unique circumstances of last year. I'm sure like me you breathed a huge sigh of relief. Hard to believe but Dundee were being talked up as genuine contenders and were spending decent money to try to do that. We put a stop to that with one game. Everyone else in Scottish football went from genuinely hoping and believing we could struggle this season to accepting we'd win the league by a fair distance. Hugely important win often forgotten in all the talk about our bad results this season. Likewise the Hibs cup game.

But then Neilson always starts seasons strongly with us. It's another reason why I think he should get more time. The cup competitions are another thing. He's not been a good cup manager for us, 19/20 or whatever it was SC aside. Needs to do better there. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I've no doubt Neilson would have loved to have been able to do a bigger squad turnover last summer and get rid of more players who got us demoted. But you know, pandemic, slashed budgets, no fans, championship starting in October.... I've no doubt he'll do it this summer though.

Not the point - you said he would not rip into his players in public - his comments to the media after the Brora debacle did just that!

A Shoreditch Heart

All seems to have gone downhill since the cup final really and we've been rubbish all this year. The Inverness game for me was turning point a new low thou - after all the feel good factor and excitement with the build up etc, that was one of the worst Hearts displays I have witnessed in over 30 years. There is something badly wrong with our club.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Not the point - you said he would not rip into his players in public - his comments to the media after the Brora debacle did just that!

"His" players? You said it was the players who got us demoted, the ones I think he would have loved to have moved on. He might not think of them as his players. I don't know as I've avoided reading anything about Hearts since the Brora game. But anyhow, Neilson is obviously a much more restrained personality than Lennon, and he tends not to castigate individual players or even the whole team in public, was my point. Mind you as Hearts manager over nearly 3 years he hasn't had to that much until now.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

This one goes out to all the happy clappers. 

I'm guessing you're of the Romanov hearts fan generation because of the avatar and use of unfunny memes. Hate to be the one to tell you, but enjoying the wins when they come even during crap seasons, plus the occasional good season and cup run really is as good as it gets for us.

If you get all hot and bothered about a month or two of meh or bad results you'll spend half of every season hot and bothered. I wasn't even surprised by the Brora result. They hadn't played etc, non-league, away, it was all in the stars to lose that one. For the same reason that when we face a team like Killie that hasn't won for about 6 games I just know we will be the team to end their bad run and lose to them, no matter who well we are playing or who our manager is. We do it almost every season. Anyway, in summary, chin up.

Greedy Jambo
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I'm guessing you're of the Romanov hearts fan generation because of the avatar and use of unfunny memes. Hate to be the one to tell you, but enjoying the wins when they come even during crap seasons, plus the occasional good season and cup run really is as good as it gets for us.

If you get all hot and bothered about a month or two of meh or bad results you'll spend half of every season hot and bothered. I wasn't even surprised by the Brora result. They hadn't played etc, non-league, away, it was all in the stars to lose that one. For the same reason that when we face a team like Killie that hasn't won for about 6 games I just know we will be the team to end their bad run and lose to them, no matter who well we are playing or who our manager is. We do it almost every season. Anyway, in summary, chin up.

You need to stop guessing and assuming mate, it's not working out for you. 

14 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Exactly and after QoS game blaming individual errors.....he's lost the dressing room and should never  be near it next season 🤬

16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

"His" players? You said it was the players who got us demoted, the ones I think he would have loved to have moved on. He might not think of them as his players. I don't know as I've avoided reading anything about Hearts since the Brora game. But anyhow, Neilson is obviously a much more restrained personality than Lennon, and he tends not to castigate individual players or even the whole team in public, was my point. Mind you as Hearts manager over nearly 3 years he hasn't had to that much until now.

He put the team on the park....they were his players playing to his tactics.....no excuses...lost the dressing room time to say bye bye.

46 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Even for you that’s absolute waffle! Good night.

29 minutes ago, GYL said:

He put the team on the park....they were his players playing to his tactics.....no excuses...lost the dressing room time to say bye bye.

Exactly!

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Even for you that’s absolute waffle! Good night.

True but the point is this team isn't really 100% Neilson's team yet in the same way that the team that got demoted wasn't 100% Stendel's yet. I would have liked to have seen the team Stendel built for the Premiership had we stayed up after a proper summer etc and I would like to see the team Neilson builds. I like the width he wants and the midfield approach and the two up front but he really needs to sort out the defence.

The big thing is motivation this season. Neilson seemed capable of motivating players before so not sure if it's the pandemic malaise or the lingering effects of the relegation season amongst the players who were here last season or what, but that' and the apparent poor fitness of players has been the big change compared with Neilson's last spell. No idea what's wrong there, but if I was a journalist that's what I'd ask him about.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bad Religion
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

True but the point is this team isn't really 100% Neilson's team yet in the same way that the team that got demoted wasn't 100% Stendel's yet. I would have liked to have seen the team Stendel built for the Premiership had we stayed up after a proper summer etc and I would like to see the team Neilson builds. I like the width he wants and the midfield approach and the two up front but he really needs to sort out the defence.

The big thing is motivation this season. Neilson seemed capable of motivating players before so not sure if it's the pandemic malaise or the lingering effects of the relegation season amongst the players who were here last season or what, but that' and the apparent poor fitness of players has been the big change compared with Neilson's last spell. No idea what's wrong there, but if I was a journalist that's what I'd ask him about.

Get help :rofl:

Neilson is out of his depth.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You mentioned the width he wants, he’s signed umpteen wingers but recently we’ve had no wingers getting balls into the box. We can all say this is what we want but in reality it’s not been happening. You said in an earlier comment about supporting Levein and how you’ll support a manager ie Robbie, I also was one who thought Levein deserved longer when we had injuries probably due to his time at Hearts and his stature as a player.  But as time went on it was plainly obvious it just wasn’t going to change and we needed change. I heard Levein say on the radio that Robbie needs to start next season on fire, but in my opinion due to the fact he left us last time he needed to rip up this league and have a decent cup run to get the fans onside . We’re staggering over the finish line playing boring football while we’ve been knocked out of both cups at the first hurdle against part time opposition. Time is up we can’t keep being told it’ll get better. Robbie was the easy or cosy choice for Mrs Budge to make. Their is no point on going over it as it’s no happening but she should have had the balls to back the last manager over this season. 

7 hours ago, Deevers said:

Lose tomorrow and there is no way back. - ever.

We might/might not lose but we certainly aren't winning, probably another boring 0-0 i would say. 

Our first 9 games when Championship started, won 7 lost 2. Last 9 since 1st Feb, won 3, drawn 4 lost 2. 

RN managed a decent start, as was expected. December and January gave us mixed form/performances (6 wins 3 losses), then came the stodgy/turgid performances leading to the last 2 shocking defeats. 

Objectively, when graphed, results show an alarming downward trend! Subjectively, Neilson has lost the dressing room and fans. His management, very like his performances as a player, is 6/10. For me, we have no freshness or youthful vibrance (Like ICT and Raith have shown this week) RN appears to have 'knocked the stuffing' out the team. 

Edited by Big Moysey
Error in stat

21 minutes ago, Big Moysey said:

Our first 9 games when Championship started, won 7 lost 2. Last 9 since 1st Feb, won 3, drawn 4 lost 2. 

RN managed a decent start, as was expected. December and January gave us mixed form/performances (6 wins 3 losses), then came the stodgy/turgid performances leading to the last 2 shocking defeats. 

Objectively, when graphed, results show an alarming downward trend! Subjectively, Neilson has lost the dressing room and fans. His management, very like his performances as a player, is 6/10. For me, we have no freshness or youthful vibrance (Like ICT and Raith have shown this week) RN appears to have 'knocked the stuffing' out the team. 

......and the fans!

Hopefully a win today and we can go back to openly mocking the lunatic fringe on here instead of just giggling behind their backs. 

Get that league title sewn up asap please Robbie. 

35 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Hopefully a win today and we can go back to openly mocking the lunatic fringe on here instead of just giggling behind their backs. 

Get that league title sewn up asap please Robbie. 

6E649B0F-0B3D-4360-9106-1FA9BA177960.jpeg