Prince Buaben

jamb0_1874
16 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Max, Helmut and newey all to leave red bull apparently. Max takes gp and newey to Mercedes merc dominance will be back again

Could you imagine the absolute mess some people would be in if that were to become reality, they would need more toilet roll that Mr Horner after receiving a whatsapp message.....

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hughesie27
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The reality is that a team principal has been having an affair with a staff member, which should result in a dismissal. 

From the WhatsApp messages it seems like the staff member wasn't that interested. Or at least was wise enough to not let on much in text messages.

Rupert Pupkin

Only Formula 1 worth watching, BriSCA F1..

Even BTCC are guys getting involved now.
Motorsports best kept,dirty little secret..

IMG_6672.jpeg

Mysterion
17 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Max, Helmut and newey all to leave red bull apparently. Max takes gp and newey to Mercedes merc dominance will be back again

Newey will have a clause which would involve gardening leave for a protracted period. I remember this happened with another aero designer.

Any movement would need to happen now IMO. 

Would not be surprised if Helmut was moved sideways with Red Bull and given an ambassador role/non exec chair type role to let him retire with a level of dignity from the team instead of being forced out.

redjambo
22 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Certainly more drama off track than on.

Not difficult, to be fair.

Seaside Dave

Drive to survive licking their lips 😂😂😂

trotter

I was gifted a copy of Newey's book 'How to Build A Race Car'. 

He is a clever mother****er.

RustyRightPeg
16 hours ago, milky_26 said:

now reports that he tried to stop the las vegas race going ahead. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68478049

Wait, so he tried to stop the track being called race ready...and then in FP1 Sainz clatters into a drain meaning the track was unsafe. Is he in the right, or wrong here? I'm confused...to me it seems the commercial aspect made that race go ahead. 

hughesie27
35 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Wait, so he tried to stop the track being called race ready...and then in FP1 Sainz clatters into a drain meaning the track was unsafe. Is he in the right, or wrong here? I'm confused...to me it seems the commercial aspect made that race go ahead. 

I assumed they meant he never wanted them to be granted a license in general, not wanting to cancel that specific race weekend.

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It's all politics and egos.

Under the current rights agreement, F1 is mostly autonomous of the FIA - even if it subject to FIA rules/stewardship etc.

BS is trying to personally involve himself - under the guise of the FIA - in F1's affairs when he has no right to do so.

F1 has basically told him to feck off in the past, and (if true), it sounds like BS resorted to playing silly buggers with the Vegas race certification in order punish F1 financially.

There's plenty other things he and the FIA could be getting on with but he just wouldn't let it lie...

vY0rNvP.gif

I P Knightley

Interesting twist today, with Horney's accuser being suspended by Red Bull. Not a course of action you'd take lightly given the subject matter and the glare of the media. It would tend to suggest that there are no dick pics.

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Interesting twist today, with Horney's accuser being suspended by Red Bull. Not a course of action you'd take lightly given the subject matter and the glare of the media. It would tend to suggest that there are no dick pics.

Or they're hiding something. I saw a rumour saying RB wanted to bin Horner over a month ago, but he lawyered up to the max and it delayed things, meaning the news came out. 

Being the skeptic I am, I don't think he's an angel.

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

There's quite clearly more to it that hasn't hit the public domain (and I don't mean buried kompromat on Horner, just more info/details etc). Jos agitating seems to have a few decided it's an open and closed case against Horner. 

Edited by Taffin

Jim_Duncan
On 06/03/2024 at 10:00, RustyRightPeg said:

Last seen with a spanner near the drain. 

jambo19
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Or they're hiding something. I saw a rumour saying RB wanted to bin Horner over a month ago, but he lawyered up to the max and it delayed things, meaning the news came out. 

Being the skeptic I am, I don't think he's an angel.

Think with the lack of information you've got to look at the other side too.

Marko and Jos Verstappen are friends, Marko left RB and after Dietrich passed it seems like there's a push for Marko to come back in.

Conveniently the Dutch media pushing the Horner story in hope for a resignation. Independent KC and the Company find no wrong doing yet its still being pushed in social media and the accuser is suspended. So was there no substance and its a false allegation to try and get him out? 

Mikey1874
17 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Female accuser has been suspended for being "dishonest". 

Red Bull presumably have the evidence. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Female accuser has been suspended for being "dishonest". 

Red Bull presumably have the evidence. 

That's what I deduced. 

It's such a delicate area and Red Bull Racing and Mr & Mrs Horney are so high profile that you wouldn't expect such a step to be taken unless it was cast-iron. 

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

That's what I deduced. 

It's such a delicate area and Red Bull Racing and Mr & Mrs Horney are so high profile that you wouldn't expect such a step to be taken unless it was cast-iron. 

Or the gamble she won't go public and go to court. 

I P Knightley
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Or the gamble she won't go public and go to court. 

Big gamble!

Unless there's an NDA with a sizeable cash incentive. But if that were the case, why press release it? (Unless, of course, that's been paid for as well.)

SectionDJambo

Presumably, the woman accusing Horner is the one who leaked the WhatsApp messages. Unless they're fake and somebody else just made them up.

I don't like Horner. He's a smarmy agitator, in my opinion, but that doesn't make him guilty. He wouldn't be the first person maliciously accused of sexual harassment, or worse.

Marko should have been emptied for his unacceptable comments about Perez's ethnicity. Didn't hear much from Jos Verstappen on that one.

Mikey1874
6 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Presumably, the woman accusing Horner is the one who leaked the WhatsApp messages. Unless they're fake and somebody else just made them up.

I don't like Horner. He's a smarmy agitator, in my opinion, but that doesn't make him guilty. He wouldn't be the first person maliciously accused of sexual harassment, or worse.

Marko should have been emptied for his unacceptable comments about Perez's ethnicity. Didn't hear much from Jos Verstappen on that one.

Plenty significant, powerful people in Red Bull Racing that hate Horner. Much more likely candidates than someone who probably didn't have access to most of what was leaked. 

milky_26

Sainz is out of this weekends race with appendicitis. 18 year old Oliver bearman takes his seat. He had qualified on pole for the F2 race

Sooperstar
4 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Sainz is out of this weekends race with appendicitis. 18 year old Oliver bearman takes his seat. He had qualified on pole for the F2 race

I think watching the replays of his old man's reactions will be more entertaining than the racetrack action over the weekend. 

Day@theraces

Will be an interesting battle between Ferrari, Mercedes and McLaren throughout the season. Piastri seemed to have a total brain freeze both times he passed Hamilton on the straight.

milky_26
2 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

Will be an interesting battle between Ferrari, Mercedes and McLaren throughout the season. Piastri seemed to have a total brain freeze both times he passed Hamilton on the straight.

i felt it was more the lack of straight line speed in the mclaren that OP tried to be the latest of the late brakers and messed it up.

Day@theraces
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

i felt it was more the lack of straight line speed in the mclaren that OP tried to be the latest of the late brakers and messed it up.

True seemed like it was on repeat for numerous laps until Hamilton pitted.

Day@theraces

Outside of mechanical issues though will Max lose a race this year.

milky_26
2 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

Outside of mechanical issues though will Max lose a race this year.

singapore, the track is not suited to the red bull and i think similar to last season it will be the only race that other teams will be stronger than the red bull

Seaside Dave

Super max does it again. A Saturday evening stroll. Wee week off before a 4am start for Australia. Beep beep

kingantti1874

Not posted on the f1 threads for a while. Used to love it.  However, this current incarnation is an absolute abortion of a sport. 1 car is a league of its own, only 1 driver in the car, cars which run so low to the ground drivers can’t ride the kerbs at all really, the cars can run closely together but unfortunately they are all so one paced, so big, so fat and so heavy they can only pass using DRS ina straight line. Combined with the DRS trains and near zero reliability issues.  It now resembles real life  scalextric 

I also used to enjoy the engineering aspect of it but now the rules are so restrictive, and the cost cap so severe that about twice a year you see any update and they are just trying to copy whatever RBR has done. 

so disappointing, look forward to the start of the season every year and I’m done this season already. 

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not posted on the f1 threads for a while. Used to love it.  However, this current incarnation is an absolute abortion of a sport. 1 car is a league of its own, only 1 driver in the car, cars which run so low to the ground drivers can’t ride the kerbs at all really, the cars can run closely together but unfortunately they are all so one paced, so big, so fat and so heavy they can only pass using DRS ina straight line. Combined with the DRS trains and near zero reliability issues.  It now resembles real life  scalextric 

I also used to enjoy the engineering aspect of it but now the rules are so restrictive, and the cost cap so severe that about twice a year you see any update and they are just trying to copy whatever RBR has done. 

so disappointing, look forward to the start of the season every year and I’m done this season already. 

I still love it but largely agree, particularly about the size, but not about the one car part.

It was the same previous regs until RB developed a car to compete. It's not the regs fault the others aren't building good enough cars.

It does also seem to have meant that alternate strategies don't seem to work any more which used to be exciting. Previous regs you often saw a team use a different race strategy and come back through the field. Now staying out or pitting early just doesn't seem to work. There's one strategy and if you aren't on it, your out of it.

kingantti1874
26 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I still love it but largely agree, particularly about the size, but not about the one car part.

It was the same previous regs until RB developed a car to compete. It's not the regs fault the others aren't building good enough cars.

It does also seem to have meant that alternate strategies don't seem to work any more which used to be exciting. Previous regs you often saw a team use a different race strategy and come back through the field. Now staying out or pitting early just doesn't seem to work. There's one strategy and if you aren't on it, your out of it.

zero blame on red bull, they’ve simply done a better job than everyone else.  Though personally I don’t like the dual team thing.  I don’t believe for a second that doesn’t result in an advantage and shouldn’t be allowed whilst the cost cap exists.  Knowledge sharing is impossible to stop. 

Thats a totally different debate though. They new regulations for me have been a step backward.

Also, Red Bull didn’t really catch on their own accord.  Firstly Mercedes suspension was banned FRIC, then the second incarnation of FRIC, then DAS then the floor rules were changed totally for 2021. Mercedes also had an engine advantage till about 18/19.

on top of that, budgets were not limited and tunnel time was not restricted which for me is the key problem.  

they have an advantage, and it’s locked in. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Mikey1874
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

And still haven't solved the fundamental problem limiting racing - the tyres. 

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

zero blame on red bull, they’ve simply done a better job than everyone else.  Though personally I don’t like the dual team thing.  I don’t believe for a second that doesn’t result in an advantage and shouldn’t be allowed whilst the cost cap exists.  Knowledge sharing is impossible to stop. 

Thats a totally different debate though. They new regulations for me have been a step backward.

Also, Red Bull didn’t really catch on their own accord.  Firstly Mercedes suspension was banned FRIC, then the second incarnation of FRIC, then DAS then the floor rules were changed totally for 2021. Mercedes also had an engine advantage till about 18/19.

on top of that, budgets were not limited and tunnel time was not restricted which for me is the key problem.  

they have an advantage, and it’s locked in. 

Red Bull have done brilliantly. In many ways its great to see.

Red Bull also locked in their advantage by overspending which I actually applaud the clever way they did it, knowing from experience of penalties. They hid spending through their structure with £billions of 'unpaid work' as well as what they were caught for. 

Not the first blatant abuse of rules in last 30 years though probably forever.

Verstappen is also brilliant so enjoy him while he's there. 

• 2 weeks later...
Mikey1874
2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I think we can rule out any more F1 whistleblowers appearing in the near future. 

Or the whole thing blowing up

Seaside Dave

Alarm set 3.50am up to watch super max. Back in bed at 4.20 canny sleep lol 

Sooperstar
4 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Alarm set 3.50am up to watch super max. Back in bed at 4.20 canny sleep lol 

That's quite sad, Dave. 

Bigsmak

Spoilers..

Just watched the race. Some really interesting things happend. Mercedes are moving backwards. 

Ferrari were ok. They didn't crash and that's about the biggest compliment. 

Piastri was brilliant. 4th place behind Norris.. really good showing. 

Alfonso again showing why he may be one of the best racers ever. If he was in the Ferrari or red bull, he would be winning races. 

much more enjoyable with no Max racing

A very early start to learn that Max isn't what's making races boring... it's the giant cars and lack of passing places.

Can't believe @Seaside Dave couldn't get back to sleep. I struggled to keep my eyes open

Well done to Carlos. Ferrari are the masters of shooting yourself in the foot and replacing him with a has been is up there.

Edited by Taffin

Ridiculous penalty given to Alonso after the race dropping him from 6th to 8th. 20 seconds for using a different approach to a corner that caused Russell to panic and crash. 

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Ridiculous penalty given to Alonso after the race dropping him from 6th to 8th. 20 seconds for using a different approach to a corner that caused Russell to panic and crash. 

That is ridiculous. Russell reacted in good time and it was purely dirty air that caused his wobbly. 

milky_26
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

look at the previous race and the way hulkenberg defended for multiple laps, that was seen as fine but alonso a 20s penalty poor decision

Edited by milky_26

hughesie27

From what Ive read Alonso broke twice in a corner which isn't allowed? 

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?
39 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

look at the previous race and the way hulkenberg defended for multiple laps, that was seen as fine but alonso a 20s penalty poor decision

I take it you mean Magnussen.

The difference is that he didn't lift off the throttle in an unexpected way - he just didn't go full throttle through the corners.

If he had lifted off mid corner then he would have been penalised.

Alonso was rightly penalised.

He apparently lifted and down-changed early in a effort to make Russell back off, just before the longest straight on the track.

He effectively brake tested Russell.

Whether Russell crashed or not is irrelevant - you can't suddenly lift without good reason.

And that applies to any level of racing - but it's daft to try it in a category where the stewards can see all the telemetry...