*** Heart of Midlothian v Queen of the South Official Match Day Thread ***

rmreido

williamgerrard
6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Did you make that up yourself,or did you employ a comedic script writer?

its called banter seems like you have no banter 😁

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Pasquale for King

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

its called banter seems like you have no banter 😁

Re-type that with some punctuation, Bill.

That way, I might be able to make head or tail of your post.

At present, I’m lost.

Looking forward to the English version. 👍

21 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

match abandoned due to drones and planes  😉

😄 ✈️

Glamorgan Jambo

Zlamal

Halkett Popescu Berra Kingsley/White

Haring

McEneff Halliday 

Walker

Gnanduillet Henderson 

If Kingsley is fit move White to RB, Halkett to CH and Berra to the stand.

4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

QotS will come at us from kick off they know if they get the first goal we could crumble with all the pressure on the players.

I suspect we will get a 1-0 lead however then hang on for dear life before they sneak an equaliser in the last 5 mins.

1-1

Players only feel pressure if they actually give a pheck. 

Popescu own goal and Halliday red card. 0-0. At least we will keep a clean sheet, positives for Robbie to waffle about. 

Just now, 5-1Jambo said:

Popescu own goal and Halliday red card. 0-0. At least we will keep a clean sheet, positives for Robbie to waffle about. 

Can I get a bet on a double ? 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Eh? 

The atmosphere at training must be awful. Can imagine the squad avoiding eye contact while the gaffer tells them they must do better.

Sadly, whispering Rob couldn't pump up a bicycle tyre. The players who have managed to hear him will just ignore it all anyway.

Hearts 0 at half time.

Hearts 1 (if were lucky) full time.

No apologies for the negativity but I can't muster anything else.

Won't be watching, either.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Re-type that with some punctuation, Bill.

That way, I might be able to make head or tail of your post.

At present, I’m lost.

Looking forward to the English version. 👍

Bit harsh. 

I laughed tho! 

Bazzas right boot

Be good to get a goal first and early. 

The players should give it a whirl, might make the game more easier for them. 

They should at least try it. 

Mix it up, rather than starting at speed, missing any half chances we get, chucking a goal in and then toiling for the next 75 minutes. 

Greedy Jambo

If anything ,this game will tell you if Robbie has lost the dressing room or not. 

After the Brora result, i would expect as to come out and destroy QOS. 

But Robbie doesn't do destroying. We'll most likely be set up not to lose and it will be another boring affair. 

WheatfieldWarrior
9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

When did we sign John McGinn?

Might even be John McGinn's American cousin.  With any luck he'll eat Halkett.

WheatfieldWarrior
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Be good to get a goal first and early. 

The players should give it a whirl, might make the game more easier for them. 

They should at least try it. 

Mix it up, rather than starting at speed, missing any half chances we get, chucking a goal in and then toiling for the next 75 minutes. 

I've been thinking the same - there would be a lot less rage if we start getting goals in the first half.

WheatfieldWarrior
21 minutes ago, martoon said:

The atmosphere at training must be awful. Can imagine the squad avoiding eye contact while the gaffer tells them they must do better.

Sadly, whispering Rob couldn't pump up a bicycle tyre. The players who have managed to hear him will just ignore it all anyway.

Hearts 0 at half time.

I think there's little doubt (it's probably been clear since Jan) who hasn't been offered a new deal and doesn't have a future here.

I don't think there's much chance in motivating guys to shuffle to the gallows any faster, especially when I guess the main motivation for some is to not be injured in May when they need to find a new club.  

Just need to leave them out as far as possible and make a team out of what's left.

2 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I think there's little doubt (it's probably been clear since Jan) who hasn't been offered a new deal and doesn't have a future here.

I don't think there's much chance in motivating guys to shuffle to the gallows any faster, especially when I guess the main motivation for some is to not be injured in May when they need to find a new club.  

Just need to leave them out as far as possible and make a team out of what's left.

What a thought. 😊

Batistuta87

You've got to think that the sensible approach would be 

Stewart

White Halkett Berra Halliday

Haring

McGill McEneff GMS

Boyce Gnanduillet 

Irving and Walker get the drop for their displays through the week since we have stand ins, Halkett moves back into the middle instead of ****ing right back.

Haring has been pretty shite but for the sake of having a bit of extra protection at the back (actually can't believe I'm saying this for a match v QOTS!) I think a DM is necessary. If Kingsley is fit then he's LB and swap Haring for Halliday.

McGill deserves a chance - takes Irving's place for me. The laddie needs a reality check and if he's signing for some German team he should **** off now if he's not going to put the effort in while he's here. Naismith to come off the bench if needed. 

Henderson to replace Gnanduillet if he's ineffective again. 

**** knows what Robbie will do but he's done if we don't win. Andy Kirk to see us through to the end of the season, then hands over to Alex Neil in the summer. 

Edited by Batistuta87

WheatfieldWarrior
1 minute ago, martoon said:

What a thought. 😊

Yep add some of the toffee popcorn to you're Tesco Home delivery, it's classic in the making. ;) 

WheatfieldWarrior
7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Stewart

White Halkett Berra Halliday

Haring

McGill McEneff

Boyce Gnanduillet 

Nae Gordon or Smith so have to improvise. Stewart's chance to earn a permanent move. If he has a poor game then he's a goner. Same with White and Haring. All on their last chances. Berra's had it. 

McGill deserves a chance - takes Irving's place for me. The laddie needs a reality check and if he's signing for some German team he should **** off now if he's not going to put the effort in while he's here. Naismith to come off the bench if needed. 

Henderson to replace Gnanduillet if he mopes about again like he did v Brora. 

Haring has been pretty shite but for the sake of having a bit of extra protection at the back (actually can't believe I'm saying this for a match v QOTS!) I think a DM is necessary. If Kingsley is fit then he's LB and swap Haring for Halliday. 

**** knows what Robbie will do though. 

Based on on that shot of Souttar, I'd probably put him in goal - he'll fill up the frame of the goal nicely.

Since Berra's the only one I can remember scoring a goal recently I'd play him up top with Boyce.

Batistuta87

Edited above. Forgot GMS ^

He keeps his place becauss one very slight positive from the Brora game is that he actually played quite well. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Still being a knob then ? 

His pals are getting a hard time for backing budge so he is picking on someone's punctuation. 

Amazed he is pulling anyone up for being unfunny.  

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, martoon said:

Hearts 0 at half time.

Even when we are winning they seem to take no joy from it at all. 

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

It has but I would say most clubs have guts out of contract and they don’t just down tools.
It’s been mentioned that Butcher told his players he was going to replace them and they were relegated.

Surely you say to the squad we will look at it at the end of the season so show me you’re worth a new deal? 

Some of the guys with over a year to go aren’t trying a leg either. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Might even be John McGinn's American cousin.  With any luck he'll eat Halkett.

😆😂🤞

No Idle Talk

I'll be paying my £18.50 and tuning in. 

Hoping for a positive reaction to Tuesday night's debacle but my expectations are quite low at the moment if truth be told.

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I'll be paying my £18.50 and tuning in. 

Hoping for a positive reaction to Tuesday night's debacle but my expectations are quite low at the moment if truth be told.

Who’s wouldn’t be? ☹️  I’ll wave from my couch in the den. 

WheatfieldWarrior
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It has but I would say most clubs have guts out of contract and they don’t just down tools.
It’s been mentioned that Butcher told his players he was going to replace them and they were relegated.

Surely you say to the squad we will look at it at the end of the season so show me you’re worth a new deal? 

Some of the guys with over a year to go aren’t trying a leg either. 

I think we played the show me you're worth a new deal card with Wighton, then didn't really give him any game time.

I think it's likely that we are trying to move on nearly everyone, including players that have have another year or 2.  Hopefully Halkett, Haring, probably Souttar as well now. Of the players that have had us at the top of the Premiership, not one of the guys who got long term injuries has ever recovered anything like there pre-injury form, so might be best to cut our losses.   Gutting though it is. :( 

WheatfieldWarrior
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Who’s wouldn’t be? ☹️  I’ll wave from my couch in the den. 

Ah, but will you be sitting on the couch, or hiding behind it? :)

davemclaren
1 minute ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Ah, but will you be sitting on the couch, or hiding behind it? :)

Usually cursing at the telly shouting ‘How could you miss that?’  

WheatfieldWarrior
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Usually cursing at the telly shouting ‘How could you miss that?’  

That's a very familiar story.  It happens in my house too. ;) 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I think we played the show me you're worth a new deal card with Wighton, then didn't really give him any game time.

I think it's likely that we are trying to move on nearly everyone, including players that have have another year or 2.  Hopefully Halkett, Haring, probably Souttar as well now. Of the players that have had us at the top of the Premiership, not one of the guys who got long term injuries has ever recovered anything like there pre-injury form, so might be best to cut our losses.   Gutting though it is. :( 

Even if we are its incredibly stupid to tell them in January. 
But maybe we should watch Man City if we want to see a team win all the time. 
https://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2021/03/25/hearts-boss-admits-he-understands-fans-fury-as-owner-ann-budge-pleads-with-fans-not-to-protest/

WheatfieldWarrior
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Even if we are its incredibly stupid to tell them in January. 
But maybe we should watch Man City if we want to see a team win all the time. 
https://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2021/03/25/hearts-boss-admits-he-understands-fans-fury-as-owner-ann-budge-pleads-with-fans-not-to-protest/

I think the plan for the season was to amass enough points in the first half of the season so that they could start the clear out and rebuild in the January window, rather than wait until the summer one. If we are trying for top 4 next season there is a big rebuild to do - doing it over 1 window might be a bit much, also for moving on the dross to free up wage budget, Wighton and Lee were the easiest to move on as they're some of the better players.  We do however have some shite that's going to take a lot of Persil to shift and the the extra window helps with that.

I’m hopeful for a win on Saturday.....so I’ll tune into the Man City game as Robbie instructed! 👍

9 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I think the plan for the season was to amass enough points in the first half of the season so that they could start the clear out and rebuild in the January window, rather than wait until the summer one. If we are trying for top 4 next season there is a big rebuild to do - doing it over 1 window might be a bit much, also for moving on the dross to free up wage budget, Wighton and Lee were the easiest to move on as they're some of the better players.  We do however have some shite that's going to take a lot of Persil to shift and the the extra window helps with that.

Ah a cunning plan indeed! 

WheatfieldWarrior
11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I’m hopeful for a win on Saturday.....so I’ll tune into the Man City game as Robbie instructed! 👍

:D 

We can photoshop the man utd goals to look like Hearts ones. 

Auldbenches
16 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

This'll haunt him more than his money spinner comment.  What a stupid thing to say at a time like this.  

We aren't expecting to win every week but are expecting us to best an amateur side. 

He can't bein the job for Saturday after that comment.  If he is no one is accountable for anything at our club. 

Tommy Brown

I'll be watching again on Saturday having a wee game of my thoughts bingo.

Halliday, just **** off

Walker, your only decent when you come off the bench.

Gnando, your 10'2, heider the ba'

Well that goal's been coming

Great reaction Hearts, just **** off, the lot of youse 

I've completely lost any of the little confidence i had in this squad.

Tommy Brown

I'll be watching again on Saturday having a wee game of my thoughts bingo.

Halliday, just **** off

Walker, your only decent when you come off the bench.

Gnando, your 10'2, heider the ba'

Well that goal's been coming

Great reaction Hearts, just **** off, the lot of youse 

I've completely lost any of the little confidence i had in this squad.

The Mighty Thor

Couldn't give a shit really.

More side to side, one 'up front' (having to come back to the halfway line to get the ball), turgid NEILSON-BALL 👍

I think I'll take the dug for a long walk and listen to a podcast instead. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Great plan, failed miserably like most stuff. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Yeah you wouldn’t want to watch a team with 4 x the budget of others if you want to see a team that wins every week 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?

5 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

This'll haunt him more than his money spinner comment.  What a stupid thing to say at a time like this.  

We aren't expecting to win every week but are expecting us to best an amateur side. 

He can't bein the job for Saturday after that comment.  If he is no one is accountable for anything at our club. 

That was an absolute shocker of a comment from a desperate man.    What makes me rage though is he’s stupid enough to think of English teams when there are 2 teams in Scotland that win nearly all the time.   Is he encouraging more folks from the east of Scotland to turn to them if they want to see winning football?????   This a few days after a defeat to a non league team FFS!   Shocking and unforgivable.   

34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah you wouldn’t want to watch a team with 4 x the budget of others if you want to see a team that wins every week 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?

Exactly. We ARE the Man City of the Championship but we’re behaving like the Sheffield United.   No one expects to win all the time but in this league and against non league opposition we do expect a similar dominance to Man City,  why not?

Auldbenches
25 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

That was an absolute shocker of a comment from a desperate man.    What makes me rage though is he’s stupid enough to think of English teams when there are 2 teams in Scotland that win nearly all the time.   Is he encouraging more folks from the east of Scotland to turn to them if they want to see winning football?????   This a few days after a defeat to a non league team FFS!   Shocking and unforgivable.   

He's from Paisley and supported rangers.  I suppose he knows what he is talking about...

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Gmcjambo said:

Exactly. We ARE the Man City of the Championship but we’re behaving like the Sheffield United.   No one expects to win all the time but in this league and against non league opposition we do expect a similar dominance to Man City,  why not?

His analogy falls down just like most of the rest of the guff he comes out with. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

He's from Paisley and supported rangers.  I suppose he knows what he is talking about...

He was also with them before he came to us. 

Edited by Pasquale for King