*** Heart of Midlothian v Queen of the South Official Match Day Thread ***

rmreido

Pasquale for King

It will be interesting to see if Kingsley is fit, and what they will do at RB. If QoS play those two wingers that caused us problems last time we will struggle, especially if we play a CH at RB. Will Johnston have a go from the start at a team with low confidence or sit back and frustrate us whilst we pass it around to no great effect?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Pasquale for King

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Will Gordon be available or still with Scotland? Rather Bobby in goals than that huddie who played at Brora if Gordon's not available.

Right enough. It'll be Stewart in goals no doubt. 

We're chapping against QotS. Robbie will be shitting himself. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, BRAVEHEART1874 said:

Its a home game so Hearts 1-0 If walker can stop leaning back and blasting it over the bar again like last 2 games. This team are not good enough to play well in both halves so can't see any convincing victories anytime soon but you never know ;)

He always does it from a standing position, if he moves onto the ball he keeps it lower. You would think someone would’ve mentioned it or he would realise, not the brightest though is he 🙈

Rogue Daddy

"From our perspective, it's not good enough," Neilson told BBC Scotland. "We still have remnants of the relegation season still there in the group, in the club. We need to deal with it and get it moved out.

I thought this was a very telling remark from RN. He's obviously talking about certain players... Halkett? Berra? Walker? White? Haring? Irving? Boyce?... who? ... or all?

Either way I don't think we can expect all of the above to be missing on Saturday, which then asks the question - if selected, are they going to 'turn up' for their manager? Of course they SHOULD (every game) as they're playing in maroon... but football isn't like that.

For me, he's completely lost the dressing room, and that statement from RN above, tells us this - he obviously couldn't give a monkies who he's upsetting now... I think we're very lucky to have points on the board because the run in is going to be painful to watch. There are quite a few who are NOT going to be playing for RN now... we've been bad but it could be about to get worse (performance wise)... if that was possible.

I don't know how that team has the nerve to take to the pitch on Saturday 

They are extremely lucky there will be no crowd.ive no idea what the score will be.

Jambo in Yorkshire

Does anyone know the number of PPV bought for a home game? I won’t be buying one this week, ST holders don’t really have a choice but a large drop in PPV would send a message to the club.

Couldn't care less but I will say this.  If Neilson is still with us, absolutely the worst thing that could happen is that we win.

Hectormasson
51 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'm thinking that Neilson better play a team with no 'remnants of the relegation season' involved. They know they're not being kept, they don't give a **** and QOTS are fighting for a play off place.

1-1 with barely any football played.

Well put.....

10 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Couldn't care less but I will say this.  If Neilson is still with us, absolutely the worst thing that could happen is that we win.

What a sad position to be in, but you're quite right. 

Need something to further inflame the situation. 

A_A wehatethehibs
31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It will be interesting to see if Kingsley is fit, and what they will do at RB. If QoS play those two wingers that caused us problems last time we will struggle, especially if we play a CH at RB. Will Johnston have a go from the start at a team with low confidence or sit back and frustrate us whilst we pass it around to no great effect?

Controversial but I reckon he might be tempted to bring Souttar into the team. He was in the squad on Tuesday. There was always the chance he’d be fit for the last 5-6 games... 

Watched all the games so far but really happy I have a excuse not to watch this dross I have my covid jag at 3pm Saturday so I have something to look forward to for the 1st in months

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Controversial but I reckon he might be tempted to bring Souttar into the team. He was in the squad on Tuesday. There was always the chance he’d be fit for the last 5-6 games... 

hahahahaha he’s not got a muscle on his body that’s fit ffs 🙈

C5CFDCCA-EDEE-4C02-809E-B602055A540C.jpeg

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I need some cheer this weekend. Surely the players will lift themselves up enough to beat this garbage at home.

2-0 Hearts, Boyce and Walker

Hmm - and the result in a virtual Brora QOTS game ?

Now RN has OFFICIALLY blamed the team as well as the cold, the wind, the bobbly pitch, no home support, transition, covid changing rooms , climate change and the price of carrots - surely the excuses are done.

I have 5l of Scrumpy Jack in reserve

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, j1964m said:

Watched all the games so far but really happy I have a excuse not to watch this dross I have my covid jag at 3pm Saturday so I have something to look forward to for the 1st in months

Small pain in your arm instead of a huge pain in the arse 👍🏽

Just now, OTT said:

What a sad position to be in, but you're quite right. 

Need something to further inflame the situation. 

I'm up at 2.00am.  Can't sleep.  Like thousands of others who love Hearts, I can't believe what's going on.  How Budge has the temerity to say nothing, week in and week out  is horrific.

How did it get as bad as this.  With FoH and our benefactors, we should be absolutely flying.  We were at the bottom of a poor league 12 months ago and astonishingly, we've actually managed to get a lot worse.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

When did we sign John McGinn?

Robbo-Jambo
6 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Watched all the games as well but no way I will be watching on Saturday with that arse standing on the touchline with a gormless look on his face and these bunch of ***** passing it sideways and backwards for ninety turgid minutes. 

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Craig Halketts looked like that since he joined Hearts tbf 

Malinga the Swinga

Be watching as usual. If all usual moaning ***** not bothering, should be a lot less comments on here. 

Three points welcome on way back to promotion. 

I don't think the Arbroath result and performance was taken as a warning given how other results went.

QoS will be interesting in terms of team selection and application/performance.  Don't get me wrong, the Brora performance cannot be repaired against QoS, but the overall situation makes for an interesting prospect.  Not in a good way.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Craig Halketts looked like that since he joined Hearts tbf 

Indeed, something badly wrong with the fitness of the players. 
I don’t think we should be rushing Souttar back though. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, something badly wrong with the fitness of the players. 
I don’t think we should be rushing Souttar back though. 

Nor do I, I was more suggesting Neilson must be tempted by it with the missing full backs. A desperate measure to try to change things and get some freshness / better quality in... 

Pasquale for King
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Nor do I, I was more suggesting Neilson must be tempted by it with the missing full backs. A desperate measure to try to change things and get some freshness / better quality in... 

He takes an age to get back to his best anyway. Maybe with 5 at the back but that doesn’t help the QoS main attacking threat which is on the wings. He might well be tempted though. It would be a mistake, but he’s used to making those for about all of this century. 

57 minutes ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

Does anyone know the number of PPV bought for a home game? I won’t be buying one this week, ST holders don’t really have a choice but a large drop in PPV would send a message to the club.

I would expect they should know the number who log in to watch as well. 

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

My worry is that we win on Saturday and the nielson debacle is swept under the carpet. 

Even the carpet that the SFA use for the OF is not big enough to sweep Tuesday's result under 

Scott980612

If we go behind , not sure if our group of bottlers have it in them to get back into it  

A scrappy win but - could be a draw - could be a defeat. 

He’ll still be employed after it either way   

Budge out. 
Neilson out

Edited by Scott980612

9 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Even the carpet that the SFA use for the OF is not big enough to sweep Tuesday's result under 

He's still here though....

Do we have to play? 😢

It's all becoming a bit too painful.

Would rather we didn't play again this season. Just let the clubs below us cut each others throats to get us over the finishing line. 

A draw or Hearts by a goal.

One guarantee however is it'll be utter turgid.

I've turned the last two games off after 20 mins and 30 mins respectively. Don't think I'll bother with this one.

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

"From our perspective, it's not good enough," Neilson told BBC Scotland. "We still have remnants of the relegation season still there in the group, in the club. We need to deal with it and get it moved out.

I thought this was a very telling remark from RN. He's obviously talking about certain players... Halkett? Berra? Walker? White? Haring? Irving? Boyce?... who? ... or all?

Either way I don't think we can expect all of the above to be missing on Saturday, which then asks the question - if selected, are they going to 'turn up' for their manager? Of course they SHOULD (every game) as they're playing in maroon... but football isn't like that.

For me, he's completely lost the dressing room, and that statement from RN above, tells us this - he obviously couldn't give a monkies who he's upsetting now... I think we're very lucky to have points on the board because the run in is going to be painful to watch. There are quite a few who are NOT going to be playing for RN now... we've been bad but it could be about to get worse (performance wise)... if that was possible.

A worthwhile manager makes an instant demand of the players ... like the time JJ sent pampered Michael Stewart home at half time (on his first game back in the dugout).

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He always does it from a standing position, if he moves onto the ball he keeps it lower. You would think someone would’ve mentioned it or he would realise, not the brightest though is he 🙈

I've said before the Law man, Kenny Dalglish for example, used to often end up on their backsides with chances like those, where your balance is causing you to lean back; going down and connecting with the ball early, hooking it into the net.

It's a dead simple skill but you've got to do it and not be a lazy sod waiting for the ball to come to you.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

C5CFDCCA-EDEE-4C02-809E-B602055A540C.jpegShould fit into Neilson starting line up

image.jpeg.3cf64695c73d2ad3ab6cbefba289a7a6.jpeg

Will be interesting to see the reaction.  Saturday is a chance to put a little bit back after the utter failings of Tuesday.  Go out win by about the same score as last time QOS visited 6-1.  Something like that is minimum requirement to at least calm things down a wee bit.

Robbo-Jambo
3 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Will be interesting to see the reaction.  Saturday is a chance to put a little bit back after the utter failings of Tuesday.  Go out win by about the same score as last time QOS visited 6-1.  Something like that is minimum requirement to at least calm things down a wee bit.

We could win all remaining games 6 - 1 and the anger will still be there. 

Only way that goes is when Neilson goes. 

If Budge can't see that then she must be as blind as bat. 

She will do nothing until the income takes a hit through cancelled direct debits, people not pledging for season tickets etc. 

Money is the only thing she understands, not football that's for sure. 

Bazzas right boot

Defeat here is unthinkable.

A defeat and a win for Dunfermline could really put a bit strain on an already befuddled side.

2-0 win. late first half and early second half goal .

First 30 minutes to be less exciting than the silent protest outside.

4 hours ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Stewart 

White Popescu Halkett Halliday

Henderson McGIll McEneff GMS

Boyce Gnanduillet

Zlamal, Darge, Souttar, Flatman, Frear, Walker, Denholm. 

That would be my team although pains me to suggest a lot of that starting eleven. I would suggest putting in more of the untried youngsters but probably very unfair on them as they won't have played much football this season at all - I have to confess to not having seen the likes of Darge, Denholm etc either. If the likes of Stone, Logan and Smith had still been here rather than on loan then I'd have had them in the team. 

They will rpobably have played more than the Brora players had up until Tuesday.

QOTS win I'm afraid as we have thrown in the towel no matter what team is on the pitch.

I am really losing interest in all things Hearts by the day.

Edited by wavydavy

Might help if he  picked  a team in a professional manner.  Admitting  that a player  was  listed  on Tuesday  (Souttar) with no chance of playing   showed an  unjustified  arrogance.    Not  for first time either.

SomethingAboutObua

Would have liked to see us just drop half the team and put in all the young guys we'd been playing throughout the season. Except there's no young guys to actually do that for.

Probably a draw.

depends if he plays any of the chicken hearted losers that shamed us midweek. I’d like to think none of them will ever don the maroon shirt again but that’s obviously not going to happen. They should be utterly embarrassed and come out to prove a point. I doubt very much there’s any such ability to do so in them.

we will probably have a decent 10-15 minutes and then revert to the painful turgid negative crap that is par for the course.

3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Probably a draw.

depends if he plays any of the chicken hearted losers that shamed us midweek. I’d like to think none of them will ever don the maroon shirt again but that’s obviously not going to happen. They should be utterly embarrassed and come out to prove a point. I doubt very much there’s any such ability to do so in them.

we will probably have a decent 10-15 minutes and then revert to the painful turgid negative crap that is par for the course.

If we go in front he’ll try and defend the lead. It just gets more defensive and cautious the more pressure he is under. He doesn’t have the defenders to play that way though. Going down the same we’ll score one but they’ll score none philosophy as Levein. 

Edited by GinRummy

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

I've said before the Law man, Kenny Dalglish for example, used to often end up on their backsides with chances like those, where your balance is causing you to lean back; going down and connecting with the ball early, hooking it into the net.

It's a dead simple skill but you've got to do it and not be a lazy sod waiting for the ball to come to you.

Definitely, get your head over the ball.